Call The Midwife
Based on the best-selling memoirs of Jennifer Worth, this series is a story of midwifery in London's East End in the 1950s. It follows a young Jenny Lee as she and her fellow midwives, attached to an order of nursing nuns, navigate the crowded East End streets teeming with children, workers and a culture remarkably different from the wealthy English countryside where Jenny was raised.
Episode #208# Duration: 56:46 SRND51 TV14
Chummy and PC Noakes meet with new challenges as they settle back into life in Poplar. Fred is in high spirits when his pregnant daughter, Dolly, and her young son, Anthony, arrive to stay with him. Jenny's own jubilation comes in the form of potential love interest. The winds of change are blowing through Poplar, as old buildings are demolished to make new way for new flats, a situation that reaches crisis point when the convent comes under threat.
- KQED 9: Sun, May 19, 2013 -- 8:00pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Mon, May 20, 2013 -- 2:00am email reminder
- KQED Life: Mon, May 20, 2013 -- 7:00pm email reminder
- KQED Life: Tue, May 21, 2013 -- 1:00am email reminder
- KQED Life: Sat, May 25, 2013 -- 11:00pm email reminder
- KQED Life: Sun, May 26, 2013 -- 5:00am email reminder
Also on KQED.org this week ...
We Need You!
Volunteer during our current on-air radio fundraising drive. It's a great way to support KQED Radio with your time. You can really make a difference!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.