Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!
This animated series whisks pre-schoolers on a voyage of scientific discovery. It features 6-year-olds Sally & Nick, best friends and next door neighbors, who are transported on magical journeys to all corners of the globe where the natural world becomes their playground. With the Cat as their guide, his two energetic helpers, the zany duo, Thing One and Thing Two and the enigmatic Fish along for the ride, every outing becomes an unpredictable adventure. In each episode, Sally and Nick head off with the Cat in his one-of-a-kind custom vehicle, the Thinga-ma-jigger, a quintessentially Seussian contraption that instantly transforms from plane to boat to submarine with just a flick of the jigger-ma-whizzer or a honk of the shrinkamadoodle. The Cat in the Hat "knows a lot," but he doesn't know everything, making him the perfect guide for learning and fun.
Airs on On KQED 9 seven days a week at 6:30am; Sun-Fri at 8:30am; and Mon-Fri at 5pm. Airs on KQED Plus Mon-Fri at 10:30am & 3pm; and Sat & Sun at 8am.
Jump!/Slow Down for Sloths (#115H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Jump! - Nick and Sally can't jump high enough to get their balloon that is stuck up in a tree. Good thing The Cat knows some of the best jumpers ever! Off they go to Jumpalaroo to learn how to jump from nature's masters: grasshoppers, a kangaroo, and even a flea!
* Slow Down for Sloths - Nick and Sally are trying to draw a picture of a butterfly but can't get close enough to see it. Cat takes them to meet Onslow the Sloth, who teaches the kids that when you slow down, the world comes to you. After lots of practice (and a race to see who's the slowest!), Nick and Sally are now able to get closer to the butterfly and finish their picture!
- KQED Kids: Fri, May 29, 2015 -- 7:00am
Teeny Weeny Adventure/I See Seeds (#122H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Teeny Weeny Adventure - Nick has spotted a tiny ladybug, but Sally has found an even smaller ant! And there's nothing smaller than an ant. Or is there? Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet a variety of single-celled creatures, the smallest anywhere! Nick and Sally soon learn that a drop of water holds a whole lot more than they ever realized!
* I See Seeds - Sally and Nick are going on an adventure, but how are they going to get there? Skateboard? Train? Rocketship? They just can't decide, until Cat suggests they see how trees send their seeds on trips. They follow different seeds as they travel through the air, float on the water and hitch rides on animals.
A Long Winter's Nap/The Tree Doctor (#117H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Long Winter's Nap: Sally and Nick are so excited to go ice skating tomorrow, that they can't fall asleep! Cat's friend Boris the Bear can help! Off they go to the Gleep-sneep Woods to learn how Boris gets ready to take his long winter's nap. Back at home, Nick and Sally follow Boris' advice, and, with the help of a bedtime story from Cat, they quickly fall asleep.
* The Tree Doctor: Sally's little maple sapling hasn't grown any bigger! To discover why, The Cat in the Hat takes the kids to meet Dr. Twiggles. With the help of the doctor and his songs, Nick and Sally discover how trees "eat" - through their leaves and roots. They also learn that trees grow verrrry slowly. A few more years and their maple sapling will grow into a maple tree!
Thump/Squirreled Away (#119H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Thump: Nick is trying to make his mother a surprise lunch, but she keeps coming into the kitchen! If only there was a way for him to know when she was coming. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his friend Twitch the rabbit. Twitch and her bunnies teach Nick and Sally how to stop, look and listen. Now Sally that can warn Nick when his mom is coming, they're able to surprise her with lunch!
* Squirreled Away: Nick can't remember where he put his yo-yo. Cat offers to take the kids to meet his friend Bucky the Squirrel who is good at both hiding and finding things! Nick and Sally learn how to use markers to help them remember where they put things. Back at home Nick thinks like Bucky then is able to find his yo-yo!
Flight of the Penguin/Let's Go Fly A Kite (#111H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flight of the Penguin - Sally and Nick are pretending to fly in their backyard. Oh wouldn't it be great if they really could? The Cat in the Hat brings them to meet his good friend Percy the penguin. After a fun race with a penguin and a bird, the kids learn that not all birds fly, but that doesn't mean they aren't fast!
* Let's Go Fly a Kite - Sally, Nick and the Cat are trying to fly a kite, but there's not enough wind. The Cat in the Hat takes them to Huff-Puff-Maguff where there's so much wind, they lose their kite! They chase the kite, using the wind to help them. When they finally reach it, the breeze helps to cool them down!
- KQED Kids: Sat, May 30, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
Maps/Termite Towers (#113H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Maps - Nick and Sally are pretending to be pirates. The Cat takes them on a real pirate adventure by following a treasure map! They use landmarks to find their way to a real pirate treasure: parchment paper and ink pens to make their own pirate maps!
* Termite Towers - Sally and Nick just can't seem to keep their block tower from toppling over. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet some expert tower builders: the termites! After shrinking down to bug-size, they learn from Terry termite how to build a tower that won't wiggle and wobble. With some engineering tips from a termite, Sally and Nick can build their block tower higher than before!
- KQED Kids: Sat, May 30, 2015 -- 12:00pm Remind me
You Should Be Dancing/Batty for Bats (#112H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* You Should Be Dancing - Nick and Sally are planning to put on a show for their moms, but they can't finish their dance without falling down! The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet one of the best dancers in the world, Tango a bird of paradise! With a few costume changes and a little practice, Nick and Sally are finally able to show their moms their new dance!
* Batty for Bats - Sally and Nick are playing a game of blindfolded freeze tag but they can't seem to find each other! Luckily the Cat has a friend who is always able to find his way in the dark. He takes them to meet Zapita, a bat who teaches the kids about echolocation. Now that Nick and Sally know how to listen to find their way, freeze tag has become a lot more fun!
- KQED Kids: Sun, May 31, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
The Lost Egg/Hold On Tight (#114H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Lost Egg - The kids are decorating the tree house for a party. The Cat knows the world's most fantabulous decorator: Stan the bower bird! Stan teaches the kids how to decorate with almost anything--shells, leaves, and pebbles. Now they can have a party in their own fantabulously decorated tree house!
* Hold on Tight - Nick is trying to hang onto the monkey bars but can't. The Cat takes him and Sally to meet the best holder-on-ever, his tiny little friend Larry the limpet. After shrinking down to limpet size, Nick and Sally learn how to hang onto the rocks with the help of natural hand- and footholds, some sticky stuff on their feet, and plain old perseverance. Now Nick knows that in order to stay on the monkey bars, he needs to keep trying!
- KQED Kids: Sun, May 31, 2015 -- 12:00pm Remind me
Chasing Rainbows/Follow The Prints (#116H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Chasing Rainbows: The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow but can't remember all the colours to use. Luckily for them, Cat takes them to Colour-ga-lore to meet King Kaleidoscope, an expert on rainbows! A musical number teaches them the proper colour order, and a silly spray of water leads them to discover how to make their very own rainbow!
* Follow the Prints: Nick and Sally are enjoying a backyard picnic when they discover their last strawberry has gone missing! Who could have taken it? Cat's friend Cluey Looey can help them! They head to Muddyfeet Waterhole where they learn about how different animals make different types of footprints. Back home, they follow the prints and discover their strawberry was taken by a squirrel! Luckily, the Cat has some more!
Surprise Surprise/A Howling Good Time (#123H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Surprise Surprise - Try as they might, Nick and Sally just can't learn to do a somersault. Luckily Cat's friend Luis the Armadillo is the king of the roly polys! But when they find Luis, they learn that he only rolls when he gets surprised. They take turns trying to surprise him, and when they finally do, they're the ones surprised when they learn that not only can Luis roll, but he can even run underwater! Back at home, they follow Luis' advice and are now able to somersault!
* A Howling Good Time - Nick and Sally are pretending to be lost adventurers when Sally wonders what to do if you really do get lost. The Cat in the Hat knows a wolf pup who knows all about getting lost and found! In the Hooty Howly Woods Grayson shows them how wolves howl to communicate and to find each other. Now Sally and Nick know one thing to do if they get lost - howl for mom!
Incredible Journey/Bamboozled (#118H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Incredible Journey: Nick and Sally are playing in their homemade Thingamajigger, when the Cat arrives to take them on a real adventure! Off they go to meet Salmon Sam, who is returning to the pool where she hatched so she can lay her eggs. With the help of the Subber-e-blubber, they follow Samantha on her incredible journey!
* Bamboozled: Sally needs to find a gift for her stuffed Panda, Pammy. Who better to ask than a real Panda? The Cat takes them to meet Zhu Zhu, a giant panda who helps the kids to discover all the wonderful things you can do with bamboo. It's a perfect gift for Pammy the Panda!
Pick Your Friends/ Finola's Farm (#120H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Finola's Farm: Nick and Sally are trying to have breakfast but have run out of milk. The Cat arrives to take them to Finola's Farm to have breakfast with Finola. First they learn how to milk a cow, then they discover that cows milk can be made into butter and cheese and best of all - ice cream!
* Pick Your Friends: It's Valentine's Day and Nick and Sally can't agree on how to decorate the card they're making for Cat. Does this mean they aren't really best friends? Cat takes them to meet Sheldon, a tortoise who knows all about friendship. They learn that Sheldon's best friend is completely different than he is and that being best friends doesn't mean you always have to agree.
Secret Super Digger/Pucker Up and Blow (#124H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Secret Super Digger - Sally is trying to grow a flower for her mom, but it just won't grow. Time to see Finola! At Finola's Farm, she introduces Cat, Sally and Nick to her secret super digger - Diggery the earthworm. Diggery shows them how plant roots need water air and compost, which Diggery helps to make. Sally's flower is sure to grow once she gets some of her own secret super diggers to help!
* Pucker Up and Blow - Nick and Sally are trying to whistle but they just can't seem to get it right! The Cat takes them to visit his friend, Rocky the Winter Wren, who is an expert whistler. Rocky, and his son Ricky, offer this advice: if you want to whistle, start with one note and practice.
Sniff and Seek/Aye Aye! (#125H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Sniff and Seek - Nick's most favourite smell is chocolate chip cookies! But what is Sally's? She's not sure. What better way to find out than by playing sniff and seek with a skunk! Cat introduces Nick and Sally to Whiffy, and in the adventure of finding Sally's favourite smell they discover how good Whiffy is at protecting himself with his very own special smell.
* Aye Aye! - Nick and Sally are making Halloween masks, but they want to make them really scary. Cat takes them to meet Aiya, the Aye Aye, in the forest of Spookywoowoo. Aiya shows them, that even though he may look scary - his big ears, huge eyes and long fingers help him to find food. And now Nick and Sally know just how to make their masks scary!
Blue Feet Are Neat/A Little Reef Magic (#126H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Blue Feet Are Neat - Nick and Sally are trying out their new blue rubber boots but they keep getting stuck in the mud! Cat knows just who can help them - Buster, the Blue-footed Booby bird. Buster is only too happy to show them how his wide, flat blue feet help him move easily over the muddy shore. With Cat's help to make their boots wide and flat, Sally and Nick can now walk across the mud without getting stuck - just like Buster!
* Reef Magic - Nick has difficulty learning a "disappearing" magic trick, when who should appear but The Cat in the Hat! He takes Nick and Sally to the coral reef of Scoobamareen. There they learn that distraction is a great way for some sea creatures to hide themselves from other fish who might be looking for a bite to eat. Back at home, Nick and Sally use what they learned to make their stuffed panda disappear!
Reindeer Games/Along Came A Spider (#121H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Be Cool/Elephant Walk (#127H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Be Cool - Phew, it's hot outside! How are Sally and Nick going to stay cool? Cat suggests that they should visit some friends in the Dizzle-dazzle Desert to learn how to keep cool. They learn that some animals are light coloured, some stay out of the sun, and some, like Tommy the coolest toad around, just mooove sloooow. Nick and Sally take their advice, but Cat has an even better idea - run through a sprinkler!
* Elephant Walk - When building a toy construction set, Nick and Sally wonder if there's such thing as a one-thing-does-it-all tool. Well, the Cat knows just who to visit to find out - Themba the African elephant! Themba, and her daughter Efia, show the Cat and the kids all the different things their trunks can do. Nick and Sally realize that elephant trucks are just like hands, so they already have a one-thing-does-it-all tool!
Flutter By Butterfly/Pretty In Pink (#128H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flutter By Butterfly - Sally and Nick are pretending to be butterflies, but they're not very good at it. The Cat takes them to meet Bernadette the Monarch butterfly, who can teach them all about fluttering. Following Bernadette from Milky Weed Meadow to Prickly Pines forest they learn that butterfly wings are used for so much more than just fluttering!
* Pretty in Pink - Sally and Nick are having fun trying out different moves when the Cat arrives to show them some cool moves of his own. He learned them from Pinkie the flamingo. The kids want to learn too, so off they go to Gooney Goon Lagoon! There they learn all about flamingos - fun moves and all! Back at home Cat, Nick and Sally all move together - the flamingo way!
Digging The Deep/Puddle Puzzle (#129H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Digging The Deep - Nick and Sally are exploring how deep they can dig in the sandbox. The Cat arrives to whisk them away to the deepest place he knows - the bottom of the Swirly Whirly Ocean! They meet up with Aurilia the Angler fish who guides them to the very bottom of the ocean floor. Now that they've gone as deep as deep can be, it's off to find the next adventure!
* Puddle Puzzle - Nick and Sally are excited to jump in the giant puddle in their backyard - but it's gone! Where did it go? With the help of Cat's Seussian camera, they see that the puddle has turned into water vapour. Off they go to the Bluey Blue Sky to follow their puddle. They discover that the water vapour rises high into the sky, then cools off and falls as rain. They go back home and are delighted to see that their puddle is back.
Balancing Act/Marvelous Marbles (#218H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Balancing Act - Sally and Nick are trying to walk across a beam in their backyard, but are having trouble staying on it! Can the Cat help? Why of course! His friend Zappa the snow leopard is an amazing balancer! He uses his big wide feet and his long tail to help him keep his balance. Nick and Sally don't have tails, but they see how Zappa moves carefully to keep his weight balanced, now they know what to do at home. Using broomsticks to help them stay balanced, Nick and Sally are able to cross the balance beam. And just in time to have some yummy bran berry muffins!
* Marvelous Marbles - The kids are playing with glass marbles, until one of them rolls away! It was Nick's "extra luck never miss marble", now what is he going to do? Cat will take them to a sandy beach that's full of marbles! But when they get there, all they see is sand.Cat's friend Sharky McGee explains that sand makes glass. He shows them how sand is turned into glass and all the wonderful things you can make with it. Including marbles!
Help with Kelp/Treetop Tom (#130H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Help With Kelp - It's Fish's birthday and Nick and Sally want to get him a special present, but who can they ask for ideas? Cat's friend Gary the Garibaldi fish might have an idea! Off to the Briny Blue Sea where they meet a variety of creatures in a kelp forest who use the kelp for both food and protection. Back at home they make a picture of the kelp forest for Fish. It's the best present he could ever hope for!
* Treetop Tom - Nick and Sally are playing when their ball gets caught up high in the branches of a tree. Oh how they wish they were tall! Being tall is something Cat's friend Treetop Tom knows all about. They meet the giraffe in the So Sunny Savannah, and with the help of Cat's "tallerizers", Nick and Sally are as tall as Tom! They soon learn that being small has its disadvantages.
A Sweet Deal/King of Swing (#133H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Sweet Deal - Sally and Nick are having a hard time getting customers to come to their "cafe". What can they do? The Cat takes them to meet Eddy the honeyguide bird. Eddy shows them how he guides humans to bees' nests by making noise and putting on a show. Back at home, Sally and Nick follow Eddy's example and proudly serve their first customer!
* King of Swing - Swinging from a rope isn't so easy for Sally and Nick.Good thing the Cat knows the king of swing, Charlie the chimpanzee! In the Leafylafoo Rainforest, Charlie teaches them how to use their hands and feet to swing as they help him search for bananas, his favourite food! Back at home, Sally and Nick mimic Charlie and swing across the backyard to where Cat has a surprise snack waiting for them - bananas!
Biggest Bird/Drum Di Drum (#219H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Biggest Bird - Sally and Nick are pretending to be birds, because it's fun to fly! But not all birds can fly, says the Cat. His friend Os the ostrich can't fly, but he can do oh so many other things! Why don't they go meet him and try to guess what he's best at doing? Off to Savannah Saloo! They guess that he's good at being big, a really fast runner, growing beautiful feathers and seeing really far away! But those aren't what he does best. They meet Os' wife and ostrich chicks and realize that being moms and dads are what ostriches do best! Just like Nick and Sally's moms and dads!
* Drum Di Drum - Nick and Sally are trying to make some music, but they need drums. What about the drums in your ears? asks the Cat. Drums in ears?? Dr. Giggles will teach them all about it! By shrinking down super small, they go inside Thing One's ear to explore. They get to the ear drum and learn that it's not for making sounds, but for catching them! Back at home they play their music, and thank their ear drums for being able to hear it!
Stripy Safari/Wool (#132H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Stripy Safari - Nick and Sally set off on a safari with The Cat in the Hat to find all kinds of stripes. Along the way, Sally and Nick discover that stripes mean different things to different animals - the stripes of Jake the coral snake tells other animals to stay away, and Zelda and Zoran's zebra stripes help them to identify each other. And best of all, Cat discovers that his stripes are just right for him!
* Wool - Nick wants to learn how to knit a scarf like Sally, but they've run out of wool! A visit to Finola's Farm is the perfect place to get more. The Cat, Nick and Sally have fun helping Finola get the wool from Feleecia the sheep and then turning it into yarn. Now Sally can teach Nick how to knit his own scarf!
Amazing Eyes/Water Walkers (#134H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Amazing Eyes - Sally and Nick are trying to guess which game Harvey the guinea pig might like to play with them. The Cat takes them to meet his friend Katie the Cavy, a wild guinea pig. But when they try to ask her, she playfully runs off! With the help of three different animals with very different ways of seeing, they finally find Katie and discover a guinea pig's favourite game - hide and seek!
* Water Walkers - Nick and Sally are waiting for Mom to come back so they can play in the pool. Cat suggests that playing on water is even more fun! But how? A trip to Splishy Splashy Pond to meet Walker the water strider will show them. Walker shows how he's able to stay on top of the water with the help of air bubbles as he journeys to the other side of the pond. Back at home, Sally and Nick are ready travel to the other side of the pool!
Super Cleaner Uppers/Itty Bitty Water (#135H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Seaweed Superhero - Nick and Sally are cleaning up the backyard when they come across a yucky apple core. Who's going to pick it up? The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best cleaner-upper there is, Sandy the Sand Hopper! Sandy teaches them the difference between natural "garbage" and man-made trash, and how some animals use the natural garbage as food. Back at home, they put the trash in a garbage bag, and the apple core in the garden for Wriggles the worm to enjoy!
* Itty Bitty Water - Nick and Sally are about to dump out the water in their kiddie pool when The Cat stops them - water is too precious to waste even a drop! Off they go to the Drippety Dry Desert to meet three creatures who are experts at conserving water. Back at home, they think of other ways to use the water in the pool instead of just dumping it out - like giving Cat a bath!
Trick Or Treat/King Cecil The Seahorse (#131H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Trick or Treat - It's Halloween! The Cat in the Hat takes Sally and Nick trick or treating - his way! Around the world they go, meeting three new friends who teach them each of the tricks they do and share the treats that they like to eat. Back at home Nick and Sally are ready to go trick or treating, with plenty of new tricks to share! < br />* King Cecil the Seahorse - Sally is off to fight the "dragon"! But Nick wants to go, he doesn't want to stay and watch the baby princess,he wants to go on an adventure. The Cat explains that babies can be part of the adventure. Why don't they go meet King Cecil the Seahorse,he takes all his babies wherever he goes! Nick and Sally discover that taking care of babies is much more fun than fighting dragons.
Big Cats/Fantastic Flour (#136H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Big Cats - When Sally and Nick have difficulty sneaking up on Nick's Mom to surprise her, The Cat brings them to meet some great sneaker-uppers - cats! Three big cats in particular. The kids learn to be patient from a snow leopard, speedy from a cheetah and the trick of distraction from a lion. Back in Nick's yard they sneak up on his mom and surprise her! Then Nick and Sally are surprised when the best sneaker-upper sneaks up on them - The Cat!
* Fantastic Flour - Nick and Sally are making their "Best Ever Yummy For Your Tummy" muffins when they realize they don't have enough flour. Cat knows just where to get more - Finola's Farm! With help from Cat, Sally, Nick, and the Things, Finola harvests the wheat then shows them how to turn it into flour. Now that they have enough flour,they can finish making their muffins!
Minnie Meerkat/Leaves (#137H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Minnie Meerkat - Sally and Nick are planning to camp out in the backyard, but there are some scary noises out there! Not to worry, The Cat's friend Minnie Meerkat can teach them all about camping safe. Off to Peekaboo Plains where a group of meerkats show them how they make their camp safe every night. Now Sally and Nick know what to do to feel safe in the backyard. And it doesn't hurt to have the best lookout ever - The Cat in the Hat!
* Leaves - Nick and Sally are going to make a leaf collage of Cat, but the leaves they have aren't the right shape, they need different ones.It's off to Kaloo-Kalee for some leaf collecting! There, they learn that leaves help trees make food, and that's why it's best not to pick the leaves from the branches. They collect fallen leaves from three different trees with very different leaves. Now they have everything they need to make their picture of Cat, and even one for Fish!
Hooray for Hair/Ice Is Nice (#138H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Hooray for Hair - Sally and Nick are getting their hair cut today; maybe they should try new hairstyles! A trip to meet three of Cat's friends (and some styling help from the Wig-o-lator) will help them decide! Should they have Yak hair? No, too hot! How about hair like a fur seal? Not quite, too short. A porcupine? No way! How will they ever get a hug from their moms with hair that spiky? They decide that the hair they have is what's perfect for them!
* Ice is Nice - Nick and Sally want some nice cold lemonade, but there's no more ice cubes in Sally's fridge! A trip to Freeze-your-knees Snowland will fix that! They meet Cat's friend Polly the polar bear who introduces Sally and Nick to all the different kinds of ice that make up her home. After trying many types of ice, they find the kind that will be perfect for their lemonade!
The Skin I'm In/Fishy Washy (#220H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Skin I'm In - Nick and Sally are playing super heroes when Nick cuts his finger. He wishes he had skin like a super hero. Oh but you do, says The Cat! And a visit to Dr. Giggles to learn all about how super skin is, is just the thing! By shrinking down really small, they discover teeny tiny hairs on our skin, how stretchy our skin is and slippery too! They even learn that old skin falls off and new skin grows. It even fixes itself when it's hurt! Skin really is super!
* Fishy Washy - Sally and Nick need to clean up the backyard. Cat has a friend who's an expert at cleaning, perhaps he can give them some tips! It's off to the ocean to meet this cleaner fish! They discover that Rufus doesn't clean the ocean, he cleans other fish! They watch as Rufus cleans one bit at a time, that's the trick! It's not so hard to clean up, especially when you have friends to help!
When I Grow Up/Doing It Differently (#139H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* When I Grow Up - Sally and Nick are trying to guess what they'll be when they grow up when the Cat drops in for a visit. Cat is sure Nick and Sally will never guess what his friend Puggle will be when she grows up. When they see her, they start guessing right away! A frog? A duck? No, a beaver! They discover that, while Puggle may have some similarities to other creatures, she will grow up to be a duck billed platypus!
* Doing It Differently - Nick and Sally can't seem to find Harvey the guinea pig. They find the Cat in the Hat instead! Cat suggests that Sally and Nick might find Harvey by meeting three friends who always do things differently - like a bird that runs instead of flies, or a cat that swims, or a fish that walks on the mud! Nick and Sally are sure to find Harvey now - by doing it differently!
Seasons - Spring and Summer/Seasons - Fall and Winter (#140H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Seasons - Spring and Summer - For Show and Tell at school, Nick and Sally must bring something from their favourite season. But how can they choose which is their favourite? The Cat in the Hat takes them to the magical Garden of Seasons, where they can visit any season they like, any time they like! They meet three young animals and journey with them as they begin to grow up. Sally decides that she has two favourite seasons, and with the pictures taken from the Snaparama camera, she now has a scrapbook of pictures to show why! < br />* Seasons - Fall and Winter - It's Nick's turn to choose a favourite season. Back to the Garden of Seasons to visit Fall and Winter! In Fall, they meet up with their friends from Spring and Summer to have a going away party for Candy the goose who's about to fly south. In Winter, they have a great time playing with Sam the hare while all his other friends hibernate. Nick can't decide on just one season, so he makes a picture of all the fun they had in both seasons!
Jumping on the Moon/Sneezy Riders (#201H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Jumping on the Moon - Nick and Sally are trying to jump high enough to touch the moon, but "what goes up must come down" says the Cat. That's gravity! And to show them just what gravity is, that means a trip to the moon! That's where they meet Astronaut Audrey who takes them for a space walk to learn all about gravity.
* Sneezy Riders - Sally and Nick are playing hide and seek, but Nick keeps sneezing! How can they stop it from happening? Good thing Cat's friend Cluey Looey will be able to help them! At Muddyfeet Waterhole they discover that Louie is having the same problem! Nothing a trip inside Louie's nose can't solve! Inside a super shrunken Thingamajigger, Nick, Sally and Cat discover what causes sneezing and what they can do to avoid it from happening!
The Surprising Bean/Hear Here (#202H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Surprising Bean - Nick keeps trying to surprise Sally, but he just can't do it! The Cat takes them to find a real surprise in the Skippylarito Fields! Once there, Cat shows them a special bean - that suddenly moves! With a shrunken Thingamajigger, they go inside the bean and meet the moth larvae that lives there. They learn that it's really the moth that causes the bean to move. What a neat surprise indeed
* Hear Here - The kids hear chirping but can't find where it's coming from. If only they had better ears. Ears like an elephant? Or maybe an owl or even a fox? Not a problem when the Cat's around! He takes them to meet these animals with amazing ears. Back home the kids used what they learned from their new friends to find the sound - a teeny tiny cricket! What other great sounds are around?
Bounce/Timmy Tippy Toe (#203H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bounce - Nick and Sally are wondering why their ball is so bouncy. Fish tells them it's because it's made from rubber, and rubber comes from trees. Cat doesn't believe him so it's time to ask the expert, Dr. Twiggles! It turns out Fish is right! And Dr. Twiggles shows them all just how rubber is made, and all the wonderful things rubber can make
* Timmy Tippy Toe - Nick and Sally are playing on a climbing frame but just can't manage to get to the top. Cat tries to show them how it's done but he can't do it either! Time to go see Timmy Tippy Toe, the Klipspringer who is an expert climber! Timmy teaches them to use their hands and their feet, and now they can reach the top of their own "mountain"!
No Night Today/Fun in the Sun (#204H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* No Night Today - Nick and Sally want to keep playing, but it's getting dark. Why does nighttime have to come? The Cat knows someone who can answer that question - Astronaut Audrey! With a trip to her International Space Station and a large model of the solar system, the kids learn that it's the earth's spinning near the sun that makes it night or day
* Fun in the Sun - Phew it's hot! Too hot to play outside. Not according to The Cat! His friend Hilda the Hippo knows all about having fun in the sun. A visit to Muddymoo River teaches them that hippos make their very own sunscreen to protect them from the hot sun.Now that they all have their sunscreen on, it's time for some fun in the sun!
Aye Aye!/Trick Or Treat (#141H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Aye Aye! - Nick and Sally are making Halloween masks, but they want to make them really scary. Cat takes them to meet Aiya, the Aye Aye, in the forest of Spookywoowoo. Aiya shows them, that even though he may look scary - his big ears, huge eyes and long fingers help him to find food. And now Nick and Sally know just how to make their masks scary!
* Trick or Treat - It's Halloween! The Cat in the Hat takes Sally and Nick trick or treating - his way! Around the world they go, meeting three new friends who teach them each of the tricks they do and share the treats that they like to eat. Back at home Nick and Sally are ready to go trick or treating, with plenty of new tricks to share!
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jul 2, 2015 -- 12:00pm Remind me
Meet The Beetles/Tongue Tied (#205H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Meet the Beetles - Nick and Sally must protect their cookie jar from cookie snatchers! But how? Well by meeting three of the Cat's beetle friends, that's how! Stan the Giant Stag beetle shows them how to look scary, while Cliff the Click beetle teaches them to make a noise them jump! And Bobbi the Bombardier beetle has a stinky surprise for those that try to sneak up on her. Now Nick and Sally can keep their cookies safe!
* Tongue Tied - Mmm, there's nothing better than a blueberry popsicle, even though it makes your tongue blue! Speaking of tongues, the Cat has some friends with marvelous tongues! The kids meet Treetop Tom and see how his tough tongue can pick food off of thorny branches. Then Snifty the boa snake shows them how she uses her tongue to smell.And by using Cat's "Not-So-Fast-Glasses", they can see Colin the chameleon's lightening fast tongue get him his food. Nick and Sally realize that their tongues are pretty useful too.. for asking for another popsicle!
Manatees and Mermaids/The Last Chocolate (#206H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Manatees and Mermaids - Sally and Nick are pretending to swim, but why not go for a real swim asks the Cat! Off to the Glippydrippy Gulf to meet Matilda the Manatee and her son Marlin. Matilda and Marlon teach their guests how to swim slowly and gracefully. Until they hear the sound of a boat motor! Those can be dangerous for manatees, but luckily the Cat, Nick and Sally help their new friends to stay safe. And when they get back home, Nick and Sally will be sure to tell everyone to "Slow down for manatees!"
* The Last Chocolate - Only two chocolates left in the whole box, what a great present for Nick and Sally's Moms. That is until The Cat excitedly eats them! Oh no! How are they going to find more chocolate to give to their moms? Why a trip to visit Princess Lottachoca in the Cocoalicious Forest will help them! There, the Princess teaches Nick and Sally the chocolate-making song and they help to pick the beans, roast them, and to heat the juice and add sugar. And then, pouring the hot liquid into moulds of any shape. Now that the chocolate has cooled, it's time to go home and surprise their moms! Educational Objective: The process of how chocolate is made from the humble cocoa bean - by picking the beans, drying them, roasting them and then crushing them to get the juice, then adding sugar while you heat it, pour it into a mould and cool it.
Tough Enough/How Cool Is Coral (#207H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Tough Enough - Nick and Sally are trying to guess what animal is the toughest one - is it a lion? Oh no, it must be the enormous elephant! Why not at all, says The Cat. The toughest of all is a teeny tiny Waterbear. Huh? Off to meet Cat's friend Wally the Waterbear. After shrinking down in the Thingamajigger, they find Wally and start to play the Tough Enough game! Wally is tough enough to live anywhere, so it's off to Freeze Your Knees Snowland to test it out. Then they go to the super hot Gritchity-Gratch Desert, then even a trip into space! Wally can live anywhere! He really is the toughest of all!
* How Cool is Coral - The Cat needs help! He needs to get his fish friend Ting Tang Tony back to his family. Off to Scoobamareen they go!Tony and Cat got distracted while he was drawing pictures of the beautiful coral that's all around them. Using Cat's drawings as a map,they swim to get Tony back home. Along the way they meet little polyps that live in the coral and learn that they actually helped to make it! They learn about how long it takes to make and how delicate it is. Luckily they soon find Tony's family and they're reunited. Back home Nick and Sally make their own coral drawings, cause you never know when the Cat might need help again!
Babies/Fast (#208H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Babies - Sally is looking after some baby hamsters, but how can she and Nick hold them right? Well, different animals hold their babies different ways. A trip to Ozzie-Wozz Outback will help them, Cat has some friends who know all about carrying babies! First up is Wilma the spider, who carries all her babies on her back. Then it's off to see Dilly the crocodile, she carries her babies in her mouth! And the last stop, Coco the Koala who uses a pouch to carry her little one. But how does that help Nick and Sally? Well all the babies were happiest with their moms, so they'll just leave them all together. < br>* Fast - It's a race to the treehouse, but Nick and Sally wish they could go as fast as an airplane! How about a peregrine? asks The Cat. What's that? The fastest creature in the world! His friend Perry the Peregrine Falcon will show them how fast he can be. Off to Steep-and-Deep Cliffs to meet him! Using Cat's special backpacks, the kids have wings like Perry's so they can fly through the air too. Perry shows them how he dives straight down to catch his food. Who wants to be as fast as an airplane, when you can be a peregrine falcon!
Little Lemmings/Keep The Beat (#209H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Little Lemmings - It's cold outside, but Nick and Sally want to keep playing. Is there a way to stay warm out in the cold? Cat's friend Lars the Lemming will know! He lives in the Wundra-Bundra-Tundra. It's cold out, but with Lars' fur coat, he doesn't even notice! They help Lars find a new home, one where there's more food for him and his family and they discover that he uses the snow to help keep him warm! Back at home the kids wear two winter coats to help them keep warm. But what's even warmer than that, hot chocolate
* Keep the Beat - Nick and Sally have been running around the backyard and now their chests are thumpity thumping! The Cat explains that that is their hearts boom boom booming! But why? wonders Sally. A visit to Dr. Giggles will answer that question. By shrinking down super small, they follow Dr. Giggles' directions to follow the path that blood takes, learning about how the heart is a pump. They watch Thing 2's heart beat faster when he runs, and slows down when he stops. With all this running around, their bodies are now making another sound - rumbling tummies!
Take A Walk/Cotton Patch (#211H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Take a Walk - Sally and Nick are practicing to be in a three-legged race, but walking on three legs is hard! Well if anyone knows about walking, its Cat's friends Sid the centipede, Spinny the spider and Bugsy the beetle! They all teach the kids how they walk on many legs by keeping a steady pace and walking in a rhythm and a beat. Back at home, Nick and Sally practice what they learned by using their own special rhythm!
* Cotton Patch - Oh no! Nick has torn his favourite shirt! He needs a perfect patch of cotton to fix it. Good thing Cat's friend Dr. Twiggles knows all about cotton! Off to Fluff'n Stuff Fields to see him! Once there, the kids are astonished to learn that you can make clothes from plants! Dr. Twiggles shows them how to pick the cotton, clean and dry it, comb it and spin it into thread. Finally, he demonstrates how the thread comes together to make a patch by using his loom. They even learn how to dye the cotton by using berry juice. Nick's favourite shirt is as good as new!
Name That Sound/Fabulous Feathers (#210H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Name That Sound - Sally and Nick are trying to stump each other by guessing the animal sounds they're making. But the Cat stumps them both when he tries to make the sound of a cricket! That didn't sound like a cricket. They all try but just can't figure out how a cricket makes its noise. Well Cat's friend Clarence the Cricket can surely show them! Off to the Grassy-Grove-Dell to meet him! He shows him his wings, one that is comb-like, the other a scraper, when he rubs them together, he makes his wonderful cricket noise. Back at home Nick and Sally find things around the house they can use to mimic Clarence - a deck of cards and a comb
* Fabulous Feathers - Sally is playing dressup, but her favourite hat no longer has any feathers on it. Where can they find more? The Cat's good friend Puranjay might be able to help! He's a peacock who lives in Feathery Flats, he has plenty of feathers! Sally collects the feathers that have fallen out of Puranjay and discover that each one has it's own distinct job. But it's his tail feathers that are just jazzy and snazzy enough for her hat! They are the most fabulous feathers!
Rumbly Tumbly/Planet Name Game (#212H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Rumbly Tumbly: Nick's hungry tummy is rumbling! But why do our stomachs make noises when they're hungry? A super shrunken trip into Thing One's stomach will show them the answer! They learn how chewing and stomach juices help to break down the food, and the tummy sounds are actually the stomach working. When your tummy is empty, the sounds are much louder! There's only one way to quiet Nick's rumbly tumbly... a chewy chocolate chunky chunk chip cookie!
* Planet Name Game: Nick and Sally have run out of things to name in the garden. Good thing Cat needs help putting his model of the solar system back together - they can help him name the planets! Off in the Space-a-ma-racer they go on a whirlwind trip around the universe, learning the names of the seven planets as they go.
Step This Way/Anything You Can Do (#213H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Step This Way - The kids are playing dressup, with Sally wearing her mom's shoes, and Nick wearing his dad's shoes. They're having trouble walking, and the Cat thinks it's because their feet are the wrong shape. But doesn't everyone have the same shaped feet? Not at all! The Cat takes them to the Jungle of Bingle-Bungle Boo to meet his friends Emily the teal, Mikey the lemur and Greg the Gecko. They see that animals have differently shaped feet to help them do different things! You need the right feet for the right job!
* Anything You Can Do - Nick and Sally are pretending to be The Cat in the Hat. But there's only one Cat, no doubt about that! Pretending to be other people is hard. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his good friend Mimi the Mimic Octopus to learn some tips on how to pretend to be someone else. They learn how to observe, pick out something special about the person and then copy it. Mimi does it to protect herself, but now Nick and Sally can pretend to be the one and only Cat!
Gorillas in the Nest/Tale of a Dragon (#214H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Gorillas in the Nest - Sally and Nick have made a sleepover tent on the floor. But it's not very comfortable. The Cat's friend Gordon the Gorilla knows how to make a comfortable bed. Off to the Twisty-Misty Mountains to meet him! They discover that gorillas build nests to sleep in, with the dads sleeping on the ground and the moms and kids sleeping in a tree! Now Nick and Sally know how to make their own comfy cozy "nests" at home!
* Tale of a Dragon - Dragons don't really exist, but Cat knows some lizard friends who are oh-so like dragons! They can show Nick and Sally how to pretend to be dragons. The first one they meet is Ignacio the green iguana who shows them his spikes and dewlap. Then it's off to meet Draco the flying lizard who has wings! Kimora the komodo dragon is the last stop, she shows the kids her long wiggly tongue. Now, with some help from things around the house, Nick and Sally know just what they need to be dragons!
Top of the Sky/Jiggle Bones (#215H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Top of the Sky: Nick, Sally and Cat are playing with their toy rocket.Using the Cat's "Whoa-Look-At-It-Go-Launcher," he shoots the rocket up up and up! But now they need to go find it. Off to the top of the sky! They pass the treetops, and the mountains. Where is the top of the sky? They keep going higher until they're in space! They meet Audrey the Astronaut who explains that there is no top to the sky. The sky turns into space and space goes on forever! Just when the kids think their rocket is lost, they find it in Audrey's space station. Though they can't launch their rocket to the top of the sky, launching it to the moon is just as cool!
* Jiggle Bones: Nick and Sally are wiggling and jiggling like the jelly mould in front of them. But they can't quite widdle the same way. How come? Bones, of course! announces the Cat. Bones keep their bodies from being wiggly and jiggle. But why do they need bones? A visit to Dr. Giggles will answer that question! They learn about the big strong bones that help us stand and walk, the small bones that help us bend and move, and all the important bones that help protect our squishy bits. Even though they won't let you wiggle and jiggle like jelly, bones are important!
Wrapper's Delight/Dive Swim Scoop (#216H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Wrappers Delight - Sally and Nick are trying to wrap a present for their moms. But they're having problems. Why meeting Cat's good friend Gina the Giraffe Weevil, will help! Gina shows them how she uses leaves to wrap her eggs to protect them while she waits for them to hatch. They learn how to carefully roll and fold the leaf so it doesn't rip and it protects the egg. Back at home they can finally finish wrapping their present - a statue of the Cat in the Hat!
* Dive Swim Scoop - There's a frog in Nick and Sally's pool! They have to get him out but can't catch him. Cat's good friend Penny the Pelican can teach them how to catch things in water! Along the way they meet a gannett who shows them how he dives deep into the water to catch his food and a cormorant that zigs and zags through the water to catch hers. But that won't help them catch the frog in their shallow pool. They finally find Penny and watch how she scoops with her big bill, like a net! Now Nick and Sally know how they can rescue the frog in their pool.
Paper Chase/A Polar Adventure (#217H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Paper Chase - Sally and Nick are making paper airplanes, but have run out of paper! Luckily Cat's friend Dr. Twiggles can help them! Off to the Woody Wood Woods to see him. There, Dr. Twiggles shows them how to make new paper out of old paper - recycling! They watch how the old paper is shredded, then water and cleaner are added to make it into a thick, soupy mess! Then they put it through rollers that flatten it into large sheets of paper! Now Nick and Sally can make their airplanes, and the best part, they used recycled paper!
* A Polar Adventure - Nick and Sally have lost Teddy outside, they need to find him, bears don't like the snow! Well some bears do, proclaims the Cat. In Freeze-Your-Knees-Snowland, Cat's friend Polly the polar bear loves the snow! They meet Polly and her two bear cubs and learn how their thick fur keeps them warm and how their long claws keep them from slipping on the ice. When a storm blows in, Polly keeps everyone warm in her den. Polar bears really do like the cold! Back home, Sally finds Teddy buried under the snow, but he was nice and safe in his own little den!
Show Me The Honey/Migration Vacation (#101H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Show Me the Honey - Sally and Nick have run out of honey! Luckily the Cat knows just where to go to get more. They visit Queen Priscilla Buzzoo who invites them to join in the bee dance to learn how to make honey.
* Migration Vacation - The purple martin swallow that lives in Sally's backyard has gone missing! The Cat, with the help of a variety of forest creatures, help Nick and Sally track down the bird, and learn how and why birds migrate.
I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! (#102H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells!
Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing (#103H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Many Ants Make Light Work - Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together!
* Nest Best Thing - Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs.
A Plan for Sand/Whale Music (#104H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song!
- KQED 9: Thu, Jul 30, 2015 -- 10:00am Remind me
Flower Power/Snowman's Land (#105H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flower Power - Sally's mom has a cold, so Sally wants to pick her some colorful flowers to make her feel better. The Cat in the Hat takes Nick and Sally to the forest of Flora-Fah-Zoom where they meet three different creatures that all depend on flowers to live. Sally decides to make her mother a picture of their adventure in Flora-Fah-Zoom instead of picking a flower that animals need in order to survive.
* Snowman's Land - Sally and Nick have just finished making a statue of the Cat in the Hat out of snow, but he's starting to melt! Good thing Cat knows where to take the melting snowcat: to the cold and snowy north! In the arctic, the kids skate on a frozen lake, make snow sculptures, and learn that water can freeze and melt when it's cold or warm outside. Because it's getting warmer back home, they leave their snowcat sculpture there so they can come back and visit him!
- KQED 9: Fri, Jul 31, 2015 -- 10:00am Remind me