Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!
This animated series whisks pre-schoolers on a voyage of scientific discovery. It features 6-year-olds Sally & Nick, best friends and next door neighbors, who are transported on magical journeys to all corners of the globe where the natural world becomes their playground. With the Cat as their guide, his two energetic helpers, the zany duo, Thing One and Thing Two and the enigmatic Fish along for the ride, every outing becomes an unpredictable adventure. In each episode, Sally and Nick head off with the Cat in his one-of-a-kind custom vehicle, the Thinga-ma-jigger, a quintessentially Seussian contraption that instantly transforms from plane to boat to submarine with just a flick of the jigger-ma-whizzer or a honk of the shrinkamadoodle. The Cat in the Hat "knows a lot," but he doesn't know everything, making him the perfect guide for learning and fun.
Balancing Act/Marvelous Marbles (#218H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Balancing Act - Sally and Nick are trying to walk across a beam in their backyard, but are having trouble staying on it! Can the Cat help? Why of course! His friend Zappa the snow leopard is an amazing balancer! He uses his big wide feet and his long tail to help him keep his balance. Nick and Sally don't have tails, but they see how Zappa moves carefully to keep his weight balanced, now they know what to do at home. Using broomsticks to help them stay balanced, Nick and Sally are able to cross the balance beam. And just in time to have some yummy bran berry muffins!
* Marvelous Marbles - The kids are playing with glass marbles, until one of them rolls away! It was Nick's "extra luck never miss marble", now what is he going to do? Cat will take them to a sandy beach that's full of marbles! But when they get there, all they see is sand.Cat's friend Sharky McGee explains that sand makes glass. He shows them how sand is turned into glass and all the wonderful things you can make with it. Including marbles!
- KQED Kids: Sun, Sep 25, 2016 -- 7:30am
Flower Power/Snowman's Land (#105H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flower Power - Sally's mom has a cold, so Sally wants to pick her some colorful flowers to make her feel better. The Cat in the Hat takes Nick and Sally to the forest of Flora-Fah-Zoom where they meet three different creatures that all depend on flowers to live. Sally decides to make her mother a picture of their adventure in Flora-Fah-Zoom instead of picking a flower that animals need in order to survive.
* Snowman's Land - Sally and Nick have just finished making a statue of the Cat in the Hat out of snow, but he's starting to melt! Good thing Cat knows where to take the melting snowcat: to the cold and snowy north! In the arctic, the kids skate on a frozen lake, make snow sculptures, and learn that water can freeze and melt when it's cold or warm outside. Because it's getting warmer back home, they leave their snowcat sculpture there so they can come back and visit him!
Dress Up Day/Bathtime (#106H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dress Up Day - Nick and Sally are playing dress up, but oh no! Sally's princess dress has torn, and mom doesn't have any silk thread to fix it. Cat takes them to his good friend Mindy, the silk caterpillar. Mindy shows them how she makes silk. Sally uses the silk thread to fix her swirly twirly princess dress!
* Bathtime - Nick and Sally have been playing in the mud, and now they need to get clean! The Cat in the Hat knows some friends who have some very wonderful ways to bathe! In Bana Bana Savanah, they meet three different animals who all keep clean in very different ways. Even though it was fun to try bathing how the animals do, Sally and Nick decide that good old soap and water works best for them!
The Skin I'm In/Fishy Washy (#220H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Skin I'm In - Nick and Sally are playing super heroes when Nick cuts his finger. He wishes he had skin like a super hero. Oh but you do, says The Cat! And a visit to Dr. Giggles to learn all about how super skin is, is just the thing! By shrinking down really small, they discover teeny tiny hairs on our skin, how stretchy our skin is and slippery too! They even learn that old skin falls off and new skin grows. It even fixes itself when it's hurt! Skin really is super!
* Fishy Washy - Sally and Nick need to clean up the backyard. Cat has a friend who's an expert at cleaning, perhaps he can give them some tips! It's off to the ocean to meet this cleaner fish! They discover that Rufus doesn't clean the ocean, he cleans other fish! They watch as Rufus cleans one bit at a time, that's the trick! It's not so hard to clean up, especially when you have friends to help!
- KQED Kids: Sun, Sep 25, 2016 -- 12:00pm
I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! (#102H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells!
- KQED Kids: Mon, Sep 26, 2016 -- 7:30am
- KQED Kids: Sat, Oct 1, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
A Plan for Sand/Whale Music (#104H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song!
Trees Company/Now You See Me (#107H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Trees Company - Sally and Nick are playing up in their treehouse when Nick's mom calls them for lunch. Nick wonders what it would be like to stay up in that tree all the time! The Cat in the Hat knows! Or at least he has friends that do. In Jimmer Jammer Jungle the kids learn how different animals spend their entire lives in trees. As neat as that is, there's one thing those trees don't have, and that's mom's home cooking!
* Now You See Me - Nick and Sally are playing hide and go seek, but Sally keeps getting found! The Cat takes the kids to meet the best hider ever, his friend Gecko! Through a game of hide and go seek in the jungle, the kids learn how Gecko not only hides, but how he runs and climbs. Now Sally knows how to camouflage herself so she won't be so easily found!
Many Ants Make Light Work/Nest Best Thing (#103H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Many Ants Make Light Work - Nick and Sally are trying to put up a tent in their backyard but it's not working! Nick is pulling when Sally is pushing and it's just making a giant heap! Good thing the Cat knows a million trillion friends who are experts at teamwork! He whisks the kids off to visit an ant colony where Nick and Sally learn that you can do anything when you work together!
* Nest Best Thing - Nick and Sally have found some bird eggs in their backyard, but their nest is destroyed. Where are they going to keep them? The Cat in the Hat brings them to an expert nest builder, Mrs. Robin, who shows the children how to build a nest especially for those robin eggs.
Rain Game/No Sssweater Is Better (#108H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Rain Game - Sally wants to water the plants in her backyard, but it's hot and sunny outside. They need rain, and lots of it! Good thing the Cat in the Hat knows exactly where to go to get some: the rain forest! With the assistance of some toucans and the singing of howler monkeys, they explore each level of the rain forest, eventually reaching the top and the rain!
* No SSSweater is Better - Nick's favorite sweater is too small and he doesn't want to change it. The Cat in the Hat has a friend with the exact same problem! He brings them to meet Slyde the snake who shows Nick and Sally how he sheds his skin when it gets too small for him.
A Tale About Tails/Sticky Situation (#109H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Tale About Tails - Nick and Sally are playing "Tape the Tail on the Donkey" when they wish they had tails of their own! Well it just so happens that the Cat knows a lot about tails! He brings them to the Jungle of Wagga-Tag-Tail where they meet a number of animals with very different tails. When Nick and Sally get to test out all of these tails for themselves, they learn that different tails can do different things!
* Sticky Situation - Sally and Nick are playing the drums on overturned buckets when Nick breaks his drumstick! Luckily, the Cat knows someone who is a stick expert, his friend Betty Beaver! She finds Nick the perfect drumstick, but when her dam springs a leak, Nick, Sally and the Cat help her fix it, using Nick's new stick. He doesn't have a stick anymore, but Nick learns an even better way to drum: using a home-made beaver tail!
Night Lights/Go Snails Go! (#110H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Night Lights - Nick and Sally are making shadow puppets with the Cat in the Hat, but the batteries in the flashlight have gone out! They jump into the Thingamajigger and shrink down to visit the fireflies that live in the backyard. There they learn that the fireflies communicate by flashing their lights. And when the fireflies provide the light the kids need, the shadow puppet show can continue!
* Go Snails Go! - Nick, Sally and the Cat have been invited along on a snail expedition! They jump into the Thingamajigger and shrink down to meet up with Lewis and Clark, the two snails leading the way! As they travel through the forest of Slippity-Goo, having fun sliding in their own shells, the kids learn about all the different ways snails use their shells.
Flight of the Penguin/Let's Go Fly A Kite (#111H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Flight of the Penguin - Sally and Nick are pretending to fly in their backyard. Oh wouldn't it be great if they really could? The Cat in the Hat brings them to meet his good friend Percy the penguin. After a fun race with a penguin and a bird, the kids learn that not all birds fly, but that doesn't mean they aren't fast!
* Let's Go Fly a Kite - Sally, Nick and the Cat are trying to fly a kite, but there's not enough wind. The Cat in the Hat takes them to Huff-Puff-Maguff where there's so much wind, they lose their kite! They chase the kite, using the wind to help them. When they finally reach it, the breeze helps to cool them down!
You Should Be Dancing/Batty for Bats (#112H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* You Should Be Dancing - Nick and Sally are planning to put on a show for their moms, but they can't finish their dance without falling down! The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet one of the best dancers in the world, Tango a bird of paradise! With a few costume changes and a little practice, Nick and Sally are finally able to show their moms their new dance!
* Batty for Bats - Sally and Nick are playing a game of blindfolded freeze tag but they can't seem to find each other! Luckily the Cat has a friend who is always able to find his way in the dark. He takes them to meet Zapita, a bat who teaches the kids about echolocation. Now that Nick and Sally know how to listen to find their way, freeze tag has become a lot more fun!
The Lost Egg/Hold On Tight (#114H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Lost Egg - The kids are decorating the tree house for a party. The Cat knows the world's most fantabulous decorator: Stan the bower bird! Stan teaches the kids how to decorate with almost anything--shells, leaves, and pebbles. Now they can have a party in their own fantabulously decorated tree house!
* Hold on Tight - Nick is trying to hang onto the monkey bars but can't. The Cat takes him and Sally to meet the best holder-on-ever, his tiny little friend Larry the limpet. After shrinking down to limpet size, Nick and Sally learn how to hang onto the rocks with the help of natural hand- and footholds, some sticky stuff on their feet, and plain old perseverance. Now Nick knows that in order to stay on the monkey bars, he needs to keep trying!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 4, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, Oct 7, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, Oct 14, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Oct 18, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
Jump!/Slow Down for Sloths (#115H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Jump! - Nick and Sally can't jump high enough to get their balloon that is stuck up in a tree. Good thing The Cat knows some of the best jumpers ever! Off they go to Jumpalaroo to learn how to jump from nature's masters: grasshoppers, a kangaroo, and even a flea!
* Slow Down for Sloths - Nick and Sally are trying to draw a picture of a butterfly but can't get close enough to see it. Cat takes them to meet Onslow the Sloth, who teaches the kids that when you slow down, the world comes to you. After lots of practice (and a race to see who's the slowest!), Nick and Sally are now able to get closer to the butterfly and finish their picture!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 5, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Oct 10, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Oct 15, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Oct 17, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Wed, Oct 19, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
Chasing Rainbows/Follow The Prints (#116H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Chasing Rainbows: The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow but can't remember all the colours to use. Luckily for them, Cat takes them to Colour-ga-lore to meet King Kaleidoscope, an expert on rainbows! A musical number teaches them the proper colour order, and a silly spray of water leads them to discover how to make their very own rainbow!
* Follow the Prints: Nick and Sally are enjoying a backyard picnic when they discover their last strawberry has gone missing! Who could have taken it? Cat's friend Cluey Looey can help them! They head to Muddyfeet Waterhole where they learn about how different animals make different types of footprints. Back home, they follow the prints and discover their strawberry was taken by a squirrel! Luckily, the Cat has some more!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 6, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Sun, Oct 9, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Oct 18, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 -- 7:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
A Long Winter's Nap/The Tree Doctor (#117H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* A Long Winter's Nap: Sally and Nick are so excited to go ice skating tomorrow, that they can't fall asleep! Cat's friend Boris the Bear can help! Off they go to the Gleep-sneep Woods to learn how Boris gets ready to take his long winter's nap. Back at home, Nick and Sally follow Boris' advice, and, with the help of a bedtime story from Cat, they quickly fall asleep.
* The Tree Doctor: Sally's little maple sapling hasn't grown any bigger! To discover why, The Cat in the Hat takes the kids to meet Dr. Twiggles. With the help of the doctor and his songs, Nick and Sally discover how trees "eat" - through their leaves and roots. They also learn that trees grow verrrry slowly. A few more years and their maple sapling will grow into a maple tree!
Maps/Termite Towers (#113H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Maps - Nick and Sally are pretending to be pirates. The Cat takes them on a real pirate adventure by following a treasure map! They use landmarks to find their way to a real pirate treasure: parchment paper and ink pens to make their own pirate maps!
* Termite Towers - Sally and Nick just can't seem to keep their block tower from toppling over. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet some expert tower builders: the termites! After shrinking down to bug-size, they learn from Terry termite how to build a tower that won't wiggle and wobble. With some engineering tips from a termite, Sally and Nick can build their block tower higher than before!
Incredible Journey/Bamboozled (#118H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Incredible Journey: Nick and Sally are playing in their homemade Thingamajigger, when the Cat arrives to take them on a real adventure! Off they go to meet Salmon Sam, who is returning to the pool where she hatched so she can lay her eggs. With the help of the Subber-e-blubber, they follow Samantha on her incredible journey!
* Bamboozled: Sally needs to find a gift for her stuffed Panda, Pammy. Who better to ask than a real Panda? The Cat takes them to meet Zhu Zhu, a giant panda who helps the kids to discover all the wonderful things you can do with bamboo. It's a perfect gift for Pammy the Panda!
Trick Or Treat/King Cecil The Seahorse (#131H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Trick or Treat - It's Halloween! The Cat in the Hat takes Sally and Nick trick or treating - his way! Around the world they go, meeting three new friends who teach them each of the tricks they do and share the treats that they like to eat. Back at home Nick and Sally are ready to go trick or treating, with plenty of new tricks to share! < br />* King Cecil the Seahorse - Sally is off to fight the "dragon"! But Nick wants to go, he doesn't want to stay and watch the baby princess,he wants to go on an adventure. The Cat explains that babies can be part of the adventure. Why don't they go meet King Cecil the Seahorse,he takes all his babies wherever he goes! Nick and Sally discover that taking care of babies is much more fun than fighting dragons.
Thump/Squirreled Away (#119H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Thump: Nick is trying to make his mother a surprise lunch, but she keeps coming into the kitchen! If only there was a way for him to know when she was coming. The Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet his friend Twitch the rabbit. Twitch and her bunnies teach Nick and Sally how to stop, look and listen. Now Sally that can warn Nick when his mom is coming, they're able to surprise her with lunch!
* Squirreled Away: Nick can't remember where he put his yo-yo. Cat offers to take the kids to meet his friend Bucky the Squirrel who is good at both hiding and finding things! Nick and Sally learn how to use markers to help them remember where they put things. Back at home Nick thinks like Bucky then is able to find his yo-yo!
Pick Your Friends/ Finola's Farm (#120H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Finola's Farm: Nick and Sally are trying to have breakfast but have run out of milk. The Cat arrives to take them to Finola's Farm to have breakfast with Finola. First they learn how to milk a cow, then they discover that cows milk can be made into butter and cheese and best of all - ice cream!
* Pick Your Friends: It's Valentine's Day and Nick and Sally can't agree on how to decorate the card they're making for Cat. Does this mean they aren't really best friends? Cat takes them to meet Sheldon, a tortoise who knows all about friendship. They learn that Sheldon's best friend is completely different than he is and that being best friends doesn't mean you always have to agree.
Teeny Weeny Adventure/I See Seeds (#122H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Teeny Weeny Adventure - Nick has spotted a tiny ladybug, but Sally has found an even smaller ant! And there's nothing smaller than an ant. Or is there? Cat takes Nick and Sally to meet a variety of single-celled creatures, the smallest anywhere! Nick and Sally soon learn that a drop of water holds a whole lot more than they ever realized!
* I See Seeds - Sally and Nick are going on an adventure, but how are they going to get there? Skateboard? Train? Rocketship? They just can't decide, until Cat suggests they see how trees send their seeds on trips. They follow different seeds as they travel through the air, float on the water and hitch rides on animals.
Aye Aye!/Trick Or Treat (#141H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Aye Aye! - Nick and Sally are making Halloween masks, but they want to make them really scary. Cat takes them to meet Aiya, the Aye Aye, in the forest of Spookywoowoo. Aiya shows them, that even though he may look scary - his big ears, huge eyes and long fingers help him to find food. And now Nick and Sally know just how to make their masks scary!
* Trick or Treat - It's Halloween! The Cat in the Hat takes Sally and Nick trick or treating - his way! Around the world they go, meeting three new friends who teach them each of the tricks they do and share the treats that they like to eat. Back at home Nick and Sally are ready to go trick or treating, with plenty of new tricks to share!
Surprise Surprise/A Howling Good Time (#123H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Surprise Surprise - Try as they might, Nick and Sally just can't learn to do a somersault. Luckily Cat's friend Luis the Armadillo is the king of the roly polys! But when they find Luis, they learn that he only rolls when he gets surprised. They take turns trying to surprise him, and when they finally do, they're the ones surprised when they learn that not only can Luis roll, but he can even run underwater! Back at home, they follow Luis' advice and are now able to somersault!
* A Howling Good Time - Nick and Sally are pretending to be lost adventurers when Sally wonders what to do if you really do get lost. The Cat in the Hat knows a wolf pup who knows all about getting lost and found! In the Hooty Howly Woods Grayson shows them how wolves howl to communicate and to find each other. Now Sally and Nick know one thing to do if they get lost - howl for mom!
Blue Feet Are Neat/A Little Reef Magic (#126H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Blue Feet Are Neat - Nick and Sally are trying out their new blue rubber boots but they keep getting stuck in the mud! Cat knows just who can help them - Buster, the Blue-footed Booby bird. Buster is only too happy to show them how his wide, flat blue feet help him move easily over the muddy shore. With Cat's help to make their boots wide and flat, Sally and Nick can now walk across the mud without getting stuck - just like Buster!
* Reef Magic - Nick has difficulty learning a "disappearing" magic trick, when who should appear but The Cat in the Hat! He takes Nick and Sally to the coral reef of Scoobamareen. There they learn that distraction is a great way for some sea creatures to hide themselves from other fish who might be looking for a bite to eat. Back at home, Nick and Sally use what they learned to make their stuffed panda disappear!
Be Cool/Elephant Walk (#127H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Be Cool - Phew, it's hot outside! How are Sally and Nick going to stay cool? Cat suggests that they should visit some friends in the Dizzle-dazzle Desert to learn how to keep cool. They learn that some animals are light coloured, some stay out of the sun, and some, like Tommy the coolest toad around, just mooove sloooow. Nick and Sally take their advice, but Cat has an even better idea - run through a sprinkler!
* Elephant Walk - When building a toy construction set, Nick and Sally wonder if there's such thing as a one-thing-does-it-all tool. Well, the Cat knows just who to visit to find out - Themba the African elephant! Themba, and her daughter Efia, show the Cat and the kids all the different things their trunks can do. Nick and Sally realize that elephant trucks are just like hands, so they already have a one-thing-does-it-all tool!