This documentary series takes viewers on an exciting adventure to the heart of our liquid planet. It offers an unprecedented look at how oceanographers and experts study earth's vast underwater wilderness, while shedding light on how over-fishing, global climate change and pollution threaten ocean resources.
Alien Invaders (#301H) Duration: 26:46 STEREO TVG
In the waters of the western Atlantic and Caribbean, a voracious alien predator has taken hold. Native to the Indo-Pacific, the invasive lionfish is a major threat to biodiversity and the health of already stressed coral reef ecosystems.
Reef Revival (#302H) Duration: 26:46 STEREO TVG
In the emerging science of coral reef restoration, marine biologists and resource managers are discovering naturally occurring mechanisms that promote coral growth and restore ecological balance in these gardens of the sea.
- KQED World: Sat, Dec 12, 2015 -- 1:00pm Remind me
- KQED World: Sat, Dec 12, 2015 -- 7:30pm Remind me
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 13, 2015 -- 12:00am Remind me
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 13, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 13, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED World: Sun, Dec 13, 2015 -- 5:00pm Remind me
Prescription: Oceans (#303H) Duration: 26:46 STEREO TVG
The oceans are part of America's newest medical frontier. In Florida, a group of scientists are testing sea sponges for their potential anti-cancer properties. These and other marine invertebrates may hold the key to unlocking the secrets of our own biology.