This animated series for 3-to-6 year olds features a curious young T-rex named Buddy who, together with his adopted Pteranodon family, takes the Dinosaur Train to meet, explore, and have adventures with all kinds of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures.
The Old Bird/Diamond Don (#120H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Old Bird - Buddy, Tiny and Mom make a play date with Petey Peteinosaurus to ride the Dinosaur Train to meet Arlene Archeopteryx, a bird from the family of the oldest birds ever! The kids are excited to learn that Arlene is a bird and a dinosaur.
* Home With Shiny & Don - Shiny and Don stay at home and we get to see that just because they don't always ride with Buddy and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train doesn't mean that they are not having fun. An adventure into a local caves leads to a marvelous and brilliant discovery.
- KQED Kids: Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 9:00am
Pteranodon Family World Tour/Gilbert The Junior Conductor (#125H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Pteranodon Family World Tour - The entire Pteranodon family embarks on a roaring, exploring, World Tour adventure! They meet the Conductor's nephew, Gilbert, who takes them on a tour to meet Martin Amargasaurus, a spine spangled quadruped with an intimidating sail. < br />* Gilbert the Junior Conductor - The Pteranodon family is on a World Tour and get to sleep in a special Sleeping Car on the Dinosaur Train.During their first full day on the Train, the kids are super excited to play with Gilbert, the Conductor's nephew. Don gets jealous and finally admit his feelings, leading to a reaffirmation of his friendship with Buddy.
- KQED 9: Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 11:00am
Confuciusornis Says/Tiny's Tiny Doll (#126H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Confuciusornis Says - The next stop on the World Tour takes the Pteranodons to Confuciusornis Gardens to visit a very wise, old dinosaur. They try some new foods, and learn to meditate, leaving them with their own enlightening mountain-top experience.
* Tiny's Tiny Doll - During the Pteranodons' World Tour, Tiny mistakenly leaves her favorite Tiny-Doll behind at Velociraptor Valley. Knowing Tiny can't sleep without it, Valerie and Velma enlist the help of a wide-winged Pterasaur named Ziggy to get Tiny's doll back to her.
- KQED 9: Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 11:30am
- KQED Kids: Wed, Oct 5, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
Laura The Giganotosaurus/Dinosaur Poop! (#110H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Laura the Giganotosaurus - Buddy spends time with Laura Giganotosaurus, a large dinosaur who always rides the Dinosaur Train and, like Buddy, is a three-toed theropod! Buddy also discovers that Laura is an avid bird-watcher.
* Dinosaur Poop! - Buddy and Tiny learn that all creatures poop, even really big dinosaurs.
- KQED Kids: Sat, Oct 1, 2016 -- 9:00am
One Small Dinosaur/T. Rex Migration (#112H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* One Small Dinosaur - Mrs. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny to visit a Mikey Microraptor, one of the smallest of dinosaurs ever. Tiny is annoyed that Mikey is even smaller than she is, but Mikey looks up to Tiny as a role model.
* T. rex Migration - Buddy and Tiny go to visit their friend Annie Tyrannosaurus and discover she isn't home, so they follow clues and find her on a migration with her family.
- KQED Kids: Sun, Oct 2, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
Triassic Turtle/Tank's Baby Brother (#123H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Triassic Turtle - Don mistakes a shell for a rock and meets Adam Adocus, a turtle with a head he can pull into his shell. The Pteranodon family travels to the Triassic and meets Pauline Proganochelys, another kind of turtle who shares her own methods of defending herself.
* Tank's Baby Brother - Tank Triceratops has a new baby brother that everyone dotes on, making Tank feel left out. Buddy, Tiny, and Tank play with some big kids and Tank learns the perks of being a big brother.
Night Train/Fossil Fred (#116H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Night Train - Dad, Buddy and Tiny take a special ride on the Dinosaur Train at night, learning about animals that are active after dark, culminating at the Big Pond for a nature walk under the full moon.
* Fossil Fred - Buddy, Tiny and Don play "detective" and search around the Big Pond for fossils. The kids end up finding an entire skeleton of a Jurassic dinosaur.
Iggy Iguanodon/Shiny Can't Sleep (#127H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Iggy Iguanodon - The Pteranodon family continues their World Tour and meets Iggy Iguanodon, a funny chap who shows them his unique way of walking while leading our family to some white cliffs where Dad is very excited to fish and dine!
* Shiny Can't Sleep - Shiny gets homesick while the Pteranodon family is away from home on their World Tour. She cannot sleep, so Mr. Pteranodon takes her around the Dinosaur Train and they observe the train at night and the activities of various nocturnal creatures.
Erma Eoraptor/Under The Volcano (#124H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Erma Eoraptor - Buddy, Tiny, and Mrs. Pteranodon go on an expedition to find Erma Eoraptor, a member of the first species of dinosaur that ever lived. They venture off the beaten paths in the Triassic to find Erma, and then bring her back for a ride on the Dinosaur Train!
* Under the Volcano - Tiny, Buddy, and Mr. Pteranodon take the Dinosaur Train to Volcano Valley to see the local volcano. The sight is so spectacular, they go back for the rest of the family only to discover they've already gone to see the volcano! The merry mix-up concludes as the whole family meets up to marvel at the sight of Mt. Smoky erupting.
Kenny Kentrosaurus/Don and the Troodons (#128H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Kenny Kentrosaurus - As the Pteranodon's World Tour nears its end, the Pteranodon family travels to Africa to meet a Stegosaur named Kenny Kentrosaurus. He teaches the kids about his spikes and his tail, showing them how to thump, prompting a fun drumming party!
* Don and the Troodons - The Pteranodon family oversleeps and rushes to go on another World Tour! Don is allowed to stay back on the Train and he ends up having a fun and educational day with the Conductor and his mom, Mrs. Conductor!
- KQED 9: Tue, Oct 4, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
New Neighbors /Don's Collection (#129H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* New Neighbors - Mr. Pteranodon is annoyed when a new hooting family moves in next door! The new neighbors are a family of Lambeosaurus. Through a bit of compromising, the Pteranodon and Lambeousaurus families agree on terms they can both live with and become fast friends.
* Don's Collection - Don and new neighbor, Lily Lambeosaurus, stay at Pteranodon Terrace when the other kids take a day trip to the Big Pond. Don shows off his knowledge of the area to a very impressed Lilly as they search for more items for his collection.
The Wing Kings/The Big Mud Pit (#131H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Wing Kings - The Pteranodon family stretches their wings at Quetzalcoatlus Canyon, where Mr. Pteranodon flew when he was younger and nicknamed, the "Wing King." Now, the Pteranodons and Buddy meet Quincy Quetzalcoatlus and his Dad, another Wing King, a huge flying bird. Together, the two "Wing Kings" wow their kids with some sensational aerial acrobatics. The Big Mud Pit - There's big trouble at the Big Pond when Dad and Larry Lambeosaurus get stuck in the mud. Buddy and Leroy Lambeosaurus devise a plan to pull their dads out before they sink deeper into the mud!
Buck-Tooth Bucky/Tiny's Tiny Friend (#132H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Buck-Tooth Bucky - When Don finds a mystery tooth in Dad's old tooth collection, Dad decides to take the kids on an investigation. They discover that the tooth belongs to a dinosaur called Masiakasaurus, a creature with a mouthful of protruding buck teeth! Tiny's Tiny Friend - Tiny gets upset when she finds a miniature mammal named Cindy Cimolestes has moved into her "Tiny Place," a hole in a tree near the family nest. Buddy ends up using his sharp eyes to help Cindy find a new home that more perfectly fits her small size.
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 6, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
An Armored Tail Tale/Pterasaur Flying Club (#133H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* An Armored Tail Tale - The Pteranodons tag along as Hank Ankylosaurus visits the Big Pond to scout a Dinoball talent named Eugene Euoplocephalus. Eugene is a smaller version of Hank, an armored dinosaur with a giant tail-club. Hank and Eugene really hit it off, and after they all play Dinoball, Hank recruits Eugene to play on his team!
* Pterosaur Flying Club - Tiny and Shiny practice their swoop-de-loops and other flying moves in anticipation of their play-date with fellow Pterosaurs Petey Peteinosaurus and Quincy Quetzalcoatlus. With Buddy helping with the choreography, the Pterosaur Flying Club puts on a flying show!
The Good Mom/Hornucopia (#135H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Good Mom - "Mom's" the word when Mrs. Pteranodon meets fellow mom Millie Maiasaura, who is a little too over-protective of her kids. The two moms compare mothering methods in a play date at the Big Pond.
* Hornucopia! - At the Big Pond, Tank introduces the Pteranodon family to his friend, Stacie Styracosaurus, a fellow Ceratopsian with a crown of elaborate horns on her head. Everyone attends Stacie's "Hornucopia" celebration, where she reveals her new big horns and then performs a moonlit shadow show with her Styracosaurus family.
Elmer Elasmosaurus/Dinosaur Block Party (#136H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Elmer Elasmosaurus - The Pteranodon family travels on the Dinosaur Train with the Aquacar to an underwater train station to transport Elmer Elasmosaurus back to his home in the ocean. At first Buddy is not enthusiastic about travelling underwater, but quickly becomes a convert when he sees the spectacular sights under the sea.
* Dinosaur Block Party - The Pteranodon family hosts a block party to introduce their new neighbors, the Lambeosaurus family, to all the other neighborhood creatures. The different species all join together to fly, dive, fish, race and especially, to rock the block!
- KQED 9: Mon, Oct 10, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Carla Cretoxyrhina/Train Trouble (#137H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Carla Cretoxyrhina - On this underwater excursion, the Pteranodon family meets up with Carla Cretoxyrhina, a young shark who turns out to be much nicer than her reputation suggests. She introduces the family to her dad, bringing them face to face with the "Big Fish in the Sea." Train Trouble - The speedy dinosaur brothers Oren and Ollie join our kids on a train trip to Troodon Town, but unplanned engine trouble sends Oren and Ollie sprinting the Roundhouse to bring back another engine to save the day!
The Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers/Dads' Day Out (#138H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers - The Pteranodon family travels deep underwater on the Dinosaur Train to view two backwards-bounding brothers named Max and Mitch Michelinoceras. The kids are delighted to see that Max and Mitch put on a synchronized swimming show. Dads' Day Out - Buddy, Tiny, and Mr. Pteranodon join Annie Tyrannosaurus and Leroy Lambeosaurus and their dads for a Dads' Day at the Big Pond. It's all fun and games until it starts to rain, and they all have to take cover in a cave they've never noticed before.
- KQED 9: Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Paulie Pliosaurus/Elmer Visits The Desert (#139H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Paulie Pliosaurus - The Pteranodon family takes the Dinosaur Train underwater to visit a marine reptile called Paulie Pliosaurus, a creature known as the "T. rex of the Ocean." Buddy and Paulie compare features and find that they actually have a lot in common.
* Elmer Visits the Desert - Our Pteranodon family takes their ocean friend Elmer Elasmosaurus on the Dinosaur Train to a place he's never been before: the desert! Once there, the kids compare the sandy terrain to Elmer's ocean, and they meet a local lizard named Percy who tells the tale of his desert home.
Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 1/Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 2 (#201H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The dinosaurs travel to the "big city" of Laramidia for the Theropod Convention!
- KQED 9: Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 3/Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 4 (#202H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The dinosaurs travel to the "big city" of Laramidia for the Theropod Convention!
Junior Conductor Jamboree/Troodon Train Day (#140H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Junior Conductor Jamboree - Our kids ride the Dinosaur Train from one end of the line to the other, through all three Time Periods -- from the Cretaceous, through the Jurassic, to the Triassic. All along the way, they pick up friends who join them for a Junior Conductor Jamboree!
* Troodon Train Day - The Pteranodon family rides to Troodon Town to celebrate Troodon Train Day, where the main event is a concert by King Cryolophosaurus, giving his first performance in years! When King comes down with some last-minute jitters, Buddy and Tiny help him overcome his stage fright and he sings a medley of his hits, including the Dinosaur Train theme song!
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Stargazing on the Night Train/Get Into Nature! (#203H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Pteranodon family rides a special 'Night Train" to another part of the Cretaceous Time Period, where they meet a Troodontid "cousin" of the Conductor's, Sidney Sinovenator, who knows more about the stars than anyone. Sidney takes the family up to his favorite stargazing spot, "Starry Hill," and teaches the kids why the stars seem to move across the night sky.
* When the kids build their own version of a nest on the beach, below their actual family nest up on the cliff, they get the idea to turn their beach nest into a clubhouse. Shiny thinks that a clubhouse needs a club, and "the Nature Trackers" club is born! The kids decide to make their club about getting outside, getting into nature, and making new discoveries. The only problem is: which kid is in charge of the club?
Shiny and Snakes/Tiny Loves Flowers (#204H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Shiny gets over her fear of snakes when Tiny challenges the Nature Trackers to meet the ultimate snake: the Sanajeh, a huge Cretaceous snake from what is now India. Dad takes the kids on the Dinosaur Train to find Sana Sanajeh, who may be huge, but turns out to be quite friendly. Once Shiny and Sana become friends, Shiny returns home with the knowledge that snakes aren't scary - they're just another part of nature!
* Tiny is horrified when her favorite buttercups all wilt, so Mom takes her and the family to the Big Pond, where she remembers seeing a whole lot of buttercups in bloom. On the way there, the Conductor gives the kids a visual lesson in "Nature's Life Cycle," explaining how a flower grows, blossoms, then wilts, and returns its seeds to the ground, to start the cycle all over again. Tiny finds her flowers at the Big Pond, both blooming and wilting, and can see nature's life cycle in action.
- KQED 9: Fri, Oct 14, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Buddy Explores The Tyrannosaurs/Rainy Day Fight (#205H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Buddy, an adopted T. rex, wishes he knew more about his T. rex ancestors. So, Dad takes him and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train back to the early Cretaceous, to visit an ancestor: an earlier version of Tyrannosaurus rex called Raptorex. Rodney Raptorex is a kid who won't grow up to be as big as Buddy will, but the two boys find that they not only have a lot of differences, they have a lot in common, too < br>* The kids are stuck cooped up in the nest for a long, rainy spell which leads to them fighting. Mom tells them that the rain has stopped enough that they can leave the nest but she gives them an assignment: to go find their own "calm space," where they can calm down enough to get along with each other again. It works - each kid finds something in nature that helps him or her to calm down and be friends again.
Spooky Tree/Spinosaurus Super Model (#407H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Spooky Tree" - Shiny invites Annie Tyrannosaurus to Pteranodon Terrace for a sleepover, but all Annie wants to do is investigate the "spooky tree" that Don says "comes alive at night." All Shiny wants to do is stay as far away from the tree as possible. Can the kids get to the bottom of the mysterious tree, and figure out if it really comes alive at night? Educational Objectives: A wide variety of organisms produce light inside their bodies, and this light can be used for a variety of purposes. Some creatures have a chemical reaction in their bodies called "bio-luminescence," which causes them to glow. This bioluminescence can serve different functions, including camouflage, luring of prey, mimicry of other animals, and warnings for potential predators that the glowing critter is unpalatable..
* "Spinosaurus Super Model" - When Don stumbles across a stick that looks exactly like Old Spinosaurus, he's determined to have the grumpy old dinosaur pose for his sculpture (so he can get the Spinosaurus's features exactly right). But when they arrive at Old Spinosaurus's home, he makes it clear that there's no way he's posing for anything. Can Don convince Old Spinosaurus to pose for his sculpture, or will Don have to come up with another plan? Educational Objectives: Spinosaurus, a gigantic theropod from the Cretaceous period, was the world's largest land carnivore, and the only Mesozoic dinosaur truly built for living in the water versus on land (as opposed to going into the water to cool off, for example).
- KQED 9: Mon, Oct 17, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 -- 11:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Fri, Oct 28, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Oct 30, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Mon, Oct 31, 2016 -- 11:30am Remind me
Haunted Roundhouse/Big Pond Pumpkin Patch (#211H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Dad takes the kids on a special Night Train to Troodon Town, where the Troodons have decorated their Roundhouse into a "haunted house" for a spooky party. The kids end up meeting a strange new nocturnal creature - a mammal named Vlad Volaticotherium, who was hiding in the roundhouse trying to get some sleep. The Pteranodon family learns more about the customs of their neighbors, the Lambeosaurus family, when they are invited for the first time to accompany them to the Big Pond to celebrate "Gourd Day" - a kind of Mesozoic Halloween. The kids see their first pumpkins, and Larry Lambeosaurus even shows our family how to hollow them out and carve faces into them.
That's Not A Dinosaur/Tiny's Garden (#206H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The kids visit the Big Pond to attend the Biome Block Party. While attempting to win the leaf-necklace contest, Keenan Chirostemotes claims the Pteranodon sibs can't compete for the prize for "dinosaur" with the most leaves because they are not dinosaurs. This launches the kids into a song called "That's Not a Dinosaur", as all the non-dinosaurs sing their piece. In the end, the game rules are changed to include all creatures, even non-dinosaurs, in all the contests!
* The Nature Trackers go on a visit to the Big Pond, where Tiny hopes to see her favorite flowers. The Conductor tells her that if the kids gather seeds at the pond, they can bring them home and plant a garden full of those same flowers at the family nest! The kids all get into it, gathering seeds and bringing them home, where they plant a garden,and meet its new inhabitants, including Sammy, a friendly slug, who explains that slugs, spiders, and butterflies all help to make a garden complete.
- KQED 9: Tue, Oct 18, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
The Earthquake/Nursery Car (#207H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Mom takes the kids on a playdate with Tank Triceratops to the desert, where they meet a distant relative of Tank's, an early Ceratopsian named Penelope Protoceratops. The Conductor points out that Penelope lives in a part of the world that gets a lot of earthquakes, and sure enough, the kids experience their first quake with Penelope. Mom and the Conductor have prepared the kids with excellent advice about what to do in an earthquake, so everyone does fine.
* When the family rides the Dinosaur Train, they learn that a new car has been added - a Nursery Car, with dozens of eggs in little, padded nests, attended by their expectant moms and dads. The kids watch the eggs hatch, and try to guess which hatchling goes with which dinosaur parent.
The Forest Fire/The Lost Bird (#208H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* When a forest fire comes to woods not far from the family nest at Pteranodon Terrace, the family takes the Dinosaur Train to visit a nearby area where a fire has already been, and the Conductor leads the kids on a Nature Tracker hike through the woods to see how new life is growing back - even after the forest fire's devastation.
*Buddy and Tiny ride the Dinosaur Train for a playdate with their old friend Petey Peteinosaurus, and learn that the train has added a new Aviary Car, for their various flying passengers. Suddenly, they are joined by a lost bird named Judy Jehelornis, who was displaced by the recent forest fires, and can't remember where her home is. Buddy, Tiny, and Petey act as detectives to figure out from clues where Judy's home is, and the Conductor makes sure she's brought safely home on the train.
- KQED 9: Wed, Oct 19, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dry Times at Pteranodon Terrace/Big Misty Sea Fishing Contest (#209H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* When the weather has been extremely dry for several weeks, all the water holes at Pteranodon Terrace dry up. The Lambeosaurus family decides to move away in search of water, which upsets the kids. Dad and Mom decide to take the kids to the Big Pond on a camping trip, where they will wait out the drought and return home when it rains again. Don doesn't want to leave his home, even temporarily, and decides to perfect a "rain dance" that will make the rain return.
* Dad learns that he's been chosen to compete in the big annual Fishing Contest at the Big Misty Sea, and is one of three contestants. The whole family rides there on the Dinosaur Train to cheer Dad on. They learn that the contestants are Dad, the Old Spinosaurus, and Dad's childhood friend and rival, a huge raptor named Marco Megaraptor. The three all end up fighting over Chester, the legendary biggest fish in the Big Misty Sea.
Hurricane at Pteranodon Terrace/Rafting The Cretaceous (#210H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The long-awaited rains finally return to Pteranodon Terrace, but grow into a huge rainstorm that grows even bigger - into a hurricane! Dad hasn't seen it blow like this since he was a kid. They seek shelter, and Don discovers an entrance to a cave below their nest, where not only the Pteranodons, but also their other neighbors, the Lambeorsaurus family and Cindy Cimolestes, all take shelter for the night. In the morning, the storm has passed, but everyone must pitch in to rebuild their various nests.
* The family is cleaning up the mess left over from the hurricane, and discover that a raft of logs has washed up two refugees from across the Western Interior Sea - a turtle named Aidan Adocus, and a small mammal named Tommy Ptilodus. Our family learns of their adventure, crossing the sea in the storm, and washing up at Pteranodon Terrace. They decide to take their new friends to the Dinosaur Train, and ride back with them to their home in Appalachia.
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dinos A to Z, Part 1, The Big Idea/Dinos A to Z, Part 2, Spread The Word (#215H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
While riding the Dinosaur Train with Buddy and Mom, Tiny gets the idea to gather all the dinosaurs in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song for a picnic at Troodon Town. The Conductor agrees, and the Train starts picking up dinosaurs, as Tiny and Buddy help keep track of how many of the different species have come on board, and where they are on the dinosaur A to Z list. The Dinosaur Train continues traveling around the Mesozoic picking up more and more dinosaurs that are in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song, on the way to a picnic at Troodon Town. As more train cars are added, and the rest of the Pteranodon family comes on board, Tiny and Mrs. Conductor team up to help keep order on the increasingly crowded Train.
- KQED 9: Fri, Oct 21, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dinos A to Z, Part 3, Classification/Dinos A to Z, Part 4, A To Z Picnic (#216H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family rides the Dinosaur Train - now with extra cars attached -- as it continues picking up more dinosaurs that are in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song. The Pteranodon family reunites with some dinosaurs they've met before, and are introduced to species they've never met! The Pteranodon kids also learn about classification, and Don leads the way organizing the dinosaurs on the Train by their species, features, and size. The Pteranodon family is on the Dinosaur Train, now very crowded with all 26 dinosaurs mentioned in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song. The Train has added more extra cars than it ever has, and there's even an additional engine to help pull the Train to Troodon Town. At Troodon Town, all the dinosaurs have fun at a picnic, and then Tiny leads the 26 different `A to Z' dinosaurs in a fun, rousing, and historic singing of the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song!
Remember The Alamosaurus/Sunrise, Sunset (#217H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon kids and Dad get the idea to travel around on the Dinosaur Train and meet some of the biggest dinosaurs. They even sing a song, `The Biggest Dinosaurs', before meeting Allie Alamosaurus, an enormous, long-necked, plant eating sauropod who is very friendly. Allie explains that her huge, strong legs hardly bend at all, but she can still have fun playing games with the kids, and teaching them some of her favorites! Dad takes the Pteranodon kids on an overnight camping trip where they watch both a sunrise and sunset, learning that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. The kids also find out more about nocturnal (night-active) animals, and diurnal (day-active) animals.
- KQED 9: Mon, Oct 24, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dinosaur Train Submarine: Otto Opthalmosaurus/King Meets Crystal (#213H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When the Pteranodon family takes the Dinosaur Train under the sea to visit their friend Elmer Elasmosaurus, they learn that the Elasmosaurus family is going away from the station to follow their food, the fish. Buddy wants to follow, but the train tunnel doesn't go that way - so the Conductor decides to take the family in a brand-new invention, the Dinosaur Train Submarine! On their journey, they meet a marine reptile called Otto Opthalmosaurus, who guides the submarine deeper than it's ever been, and even helps them find their way out of a sea cave. During a day at Troodon Town Music Festival, the Pteranodon family and King Cryolophosaurus hear a wonderful singer named Crystal Cryolophosaurus. King is very interested in becoming friends with Crystal, another dinosaur of his species, but he gets very nervous when trying to talk to her. Tiny and Buddy help King overcome his nervousness, and he and Crystal end up friends who happily sing together.
- KQED 9: Wed, Oct 26, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dinosaur Train Submarine: Shoshana Shonosaurus/All Kinds of Families (#214H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family goes under the sea again, to ride the Dinosaur Train Submarine - this time they go to meet Shoshana Shonisaurus, an enormous marine reptile that's something between a dolphin and a whale. Since Shoshana loves to dive down very deep, Shiny has a problem with following her down to the bottom of the sea. Shoshana kindly helps Shiny get over her fear of diving deep. When Buddy expresses his feelings about being adopted to Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon, they tell him that he will always be a part of the Pteranodon family. Mom takes Buddy and Tiny to meet another adopted dinosaur kid named Sonny Sauroposeidon, a huge tall creature, now a part of tiny Mikey Microraptor's family. Buddy and Sonny bond over being adopted and knowing that they are both in adoptive families that are different species but still love and appreciate them.
Now with Feathers!/A Frill A Minute (#107H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Now With Feathers! - Dad gives Tiny and Buddy a mystery feather and the kids become "detectives," riding the Dinosaur Train to meet Valerie Velociraptor, who shows our kids what life is like covered with beautiful feathers.
* A Frill a Minute - Our kids help Tank Triceratops overcome his awkwardness having a huge head by showing him how cool and amazing his features are, especially his frill.
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
Dinosaur Train Submarine: A Sea Turtle Tale/Rocket Train (#226H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Our Pteranodon family is on the beach watching small eggs hatch and baby Archelon turtles emerge, and start to swim away. Our family and Mr. Conductor get into the Dinosaur Train Submarine and follow the baby Archelons who discover their own facts of nature - that their mother doesn't stay with them after they're born, and that they will grow up to be giant-sized sea turtles. Tiny and Buddy find out that a newer train will be riding the same tracks as the Dinosaur Train. The new train is called the Rocket Train, and its conductor is named Thurston Troodon, who was a former classmate and rival of Mr. Conductor. Thurston is very confident and boasts that the Rocket Train is newer, better, and faster than the "old Dinosaur Train." Mrs. Troodon, Thurston, and Mr. Conductor's old teacher, suggests a friendly train race. With Tiny and Buddy on board, the "old" Dinosaur Train ends up helping out Thurston and the new Rocket Train after it breaks down.
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 11:30am Remind me