This animated series for 3-to-6 year olds features a curious young T-rex named Buddy who, together with his adopted Pteranodon family, takes the Dinosaur Train to meet, explore, and have adventures with all kinds of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures.
Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet!/Diamond Anniversary (#134) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet! - Tiny is very worried after she loses Shiny's favorite shiny shell, and enlists Dad and Buddy to help find a new one. As Tiny becomes more frantic, she begins stomping with frustration. Then the kids meet Daphne, a Daspletosaurus kid who shows them how to make stomping a fun dance instead of a temper tantrum.
* Diamond Anniversary - Mr. and Mrs. Pteranodon decide to surprise each other with gifts on their anniversary. Despite some close calls, the kids help each of them to keep their gifts a secret until the perfect moment when the whole family can celebrate.
- KQED 9: Thu, Apr 24, 2014 -- 9:30am
- KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 29, 2014 -- 11:30am email reminder
The Wing Kings/The Big Mud Pit (#131H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Wing Kings - The Pteranodon family stretches their wings at Quetzalcoatlus Canyon, where Mr. Pteranodon flew when he was younger and nicknamed, the "Wing King." Now, the Pteranodons and Buddy meet Quincy Quetzalcoatlus and his Dad, another Wing King, a huge flying bird. Together, the two "Wing Kings" wow their kids with some sensational aerial acrobatics. The Big Mud Pit - There's big trouble at the Big Pond when Dad and Larry Lambeosaurus get stuck in the mud. Buddy and Leroy Lambeosaurus devise a plan to pull their dads out before they sink deeper into the mud!
- KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 24, 2014 -- 11:30am
Elmer Elasmosaurus/Dinosaur Block Party (#136) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Elmer Elasmosaurus - The Pteranodon family travels on the Dinosaur Train with the Aquacar to an underwater train station to transport Elmer Elasmosaurus back to his home in the ocean. At first Buddy is not enthusiastic about travelling underwater, but quickly becomes a convert when he sees the spectacular sights under the sea.
* Dinosaur Block Party - The Pteranodon family hosts a block party to introduce their new neighbors, the Lambeosaurus family, to all the other neighborhood creatures. The different species all join together to fly, dive, fish, race and especially, to rock the block!
- KQED 9: Fri, Apr 25, 2014 -- 9:30am
- KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 30, 2014 -- 11:30am email reminder
Buck-Tooth Bucky/Tiny's Tiny Friend (#132) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Buck-Tooth Bucky - When Don finds a mystery tooth in Dad's old tooth collection, Dad decides to take the kids on an investigation. They discover that the tooth belongs to a dinosaur called Masiakasaurus, a creature with a mouthful of protruding buck teeth! < br />* Tiny's Tiny Friend - Tiny gets upset when she finds a miniature mammal named Cindy Cimolestes has moved into her "Tiny Place," a hole in a tree near the family nest. Buddy ends up using his sharp eyes to help Cindy find a new home that more perfectly fits her small size.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Apr 25, 2014 -- 11:30am
Kenny Kentrosaurus/Don and the Troodons (#128H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Kenny Kentrosaurus - As the Pteranodon's World Tour nears its end, the Pteranodon family travels to Africa to meet a Stegosaur named Kenny Kentrosaurus. He teaches the kids about his spikes and his tail, showing them how to thump, prompting a fun drumming party!
* Don and the Troodons - The Pteranodon family oversleeps and rushes to go on another World Tour! Don is allowed to stay back on the Train and he ends up having a fun and educational day with the Conductor and his mom, Mrs. Conductor!
- KQED Plus: Sat, Apr 26, 2014 -- 6:30am email reminder
Paulie Pliosaurus/Elmer Visits The Desert (#139) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Paulie Pliosaurus - The Pteranodon family takes the Dinosaur Train underwater to visit a marine reptile called Paulie Pliosaurus, a creature known as the "T. rex of the Ocean." Buddy and Paulie compare features and find that they actually have a lot in common.
* Elmer Visits the Desert - Our Pteranodon family takes their ocean friend Elmer Elasmosaurus on the Dinosaur Train to a place he's never been before: the desert! Once there, the kids compare the sandy terrain to Elmer's ocean, and they meet a local lizard named Percy who tells the tale of his desert home.
An Armored Tail Tale/Pterasaur Flying Club (#133) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* An Armored Tail Tale - The Pteranodons tag along as Hank Ankylosaurus visits the Big Pond to scout a Dinoball talent named Eugene Euoplocephalus. Eugene is a smaller version of Hank, an armored dinosaur with a giant tail-club. Hank and Eugene really hit it off, and after they all play Dinoball, Hank recruits Eugene to play on his team!
* Pterosaur Flying Club - Tiny and Shiny practice their swoop-de-loops and other flying moves in anticipation of their play-date with fellow Pterosaurs Petey Peteinosaurus and Quincy Quetzalcoatlus. With Buddy helping with the choreography, the Pterosaur Flying Club puts on a flying show!
Shiny and Snakes/Tiny Loves Flowers (#204H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Shiny gets over her fear of snakes when Tiny challenges the Nature Trackers to meet the ultimate snake: the Sanajeh, a huge Cretaceous snake from what is now India. Dad takes the kids on the Dinosaur Train to find Sana Sanajeh, who may be huge, but turns out to be quite friendly. Once Shiny and Sana become friends, Shiny returns home with the knowledge that snakes aren't scary - they're just another part of nature! Tiny is horrified when her favorite buttercups all wilt, so Mom takes her and the family to the Big Pond, where she remembers seeing a whole lot of buttercups in bloom. On the way there, the Conductor gives the kids a visual lesson in "Nature's Life Cycle," explaining how a flower grows, blossoms, then wilts, and returns its seeds to the ground, to start the cycle all over again. Tiny finds her flowers at the Big Pond, both blooming and wilting, and can see nature's life cycle in action.
Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 1/Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 2 (#201) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 2/Dinosaur Big City, Pt. 3 (#202) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Junior Conductor Jamboree/Troodon Train Day (#140) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Junior Conductor Jamboree - Our kids ride the Dinosaur Train from one end of the line to the other, through all three Time Periods -- from the Cretaceous, through the Jurassic, to the Triassic. All along the way, they pick up friends who join them for a Junior Conductor Jamboree!
* Troodon Train Day - The Pteranodon family rides to Troodon Town to celebrate Troodon Train Day, where the main event is a concert by King Cryolophosaurus, giving his first performance in years! When King comes down with some last-minute jitters, Buddy and Tiny help him overcome his stage fright and he sings a medley of his hits, including the Dinosaur Train theme song!
Buddy Explores The Tyrannosaurs/Rainy Day Fight (#205) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Buddy, an adopted T. rex, wishes he knew more about his T. rex ancestors. So, Dad takes him and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train back to the early Cretaceous, to visit an ancestor: an earlier version of Tyrannosaurus rex called Raptorex. Rodney Raptorex is a kid who won't grow up to be as big as Buddy will, but the two boys find that they not only have a lot of differences, they have a lot in common, too. The kids are stuck cooped up in the nest for a long, rainy spell which leads to them fighting. Mom tells them that the rain has stopped enough that they can leave the nest but she gives them an assignment: to go find their own "calm space," where they can calm down enough to get along with each other again. It works - each kid finds something in nature that helps him or her to calm down and be friends again.
Stargazing on the Night Train/Get Into Nature! (#203H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family rides a special 'Night Train" to another part of the Cretaceous Time Period, where they meet a Troodontid "cousin" of the Conductor's, Sidney Sinovenator, who knows more about the stars than anyone. Sidney takes the family up to his favorite stargazing spot, "Starry Hill," and teaches the kids why the stars seem to move across the night sky. When the kids build their own version of a nest on the beach, below their actual family nest up on the cliff, they get the idea to turn their beach nest into a clubhouse. Shiny thinks that a clubhouse needs a club, and "the Nature Trackers" club is born! The kids decide to make their club about getting outside, getting into nature, and making new discoveries. The only problem is: which kid is in charge of the club?
The Earthquake/Nursery Car (#207) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Mom takes the kids on a playdate with Tank Triceratops to the desert, where they meet a distant relative of Tank's, an early Ceratopsian named Penelope Protoceratops. The Conductor points out that Penelope lives in a part of the world that gets a lot of earthquakes, and sure enough, the kids experience their first quake with Penelope. Mom and the Conductor have prepared the kids with excellent advice about what to do in an earthquake, so everyone does fine. When the family rides the Dinosaur Train, they learn that a new car has been added - a Nursery Car, with dozens of eggs in little, padded nests, attended by their expectant moms and dads. The kids watch the eggs hatch, and try to guess which hatchling goes with which dinosaur parent.
That's Not A Dinosaur/Tiny's Garden (#206) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The kids visit the Big Pond to attend the Biome Block Party. While attempting to win the leaf-necklace contest, Keenan Chirostemotes claims the Pteranodon sibs can't compete for the prize for "dinosaur" with the most leaves because they are not dinosaurs. This launches the kids into a song called "That's Not a Dinosaur", as all the non-dinosaurs sing their piece. In the end, the game rules are changed to include all creatures, even non-dinosaurs, in all the contests! The Nature Trackers go on a visit to the Big Pond, where Tiny hopes to see her favorite flowers. The Conductor tells her that if the kids gather seeds at the pond, they can bring them home and plant a garden full of those same flowers at the family nest! The kids all get into it, gathering seeds and bringing them home, where they plant a garden, and meet its new inhabitants, including Sammy, a friendly slug, who explains that slugs, spiders, and butterflies all help to make a garden complete.
The Good Mom/Hornucopia (#135) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Good Mom - "Mom's" the word when Mrs. Pteranodon meets fellow mom Millie Maiasaura, who is a little too over-protective of her kids. The two moms compare mothering methods in a play date at the Big Pond.
* Hornucopia! - At the Big Pond, Tank introduces the Pteranodon family to his friend, Stacie Styracosaurus, a fellow Ceratopsian with a crown of elaborate horns on her head. Everyone attends Stacie's "Hornucopia" celebration, where she reveals her new big horns and then performs a moonlit shadow show with her Styracosaurus family.
The Forest Fire/The Lost Bird (#208) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When a forest fire comes to woods not far from the family nest at Pteranodon Terrace, the family takes the Dinosaur Train to visit a nearby area where a fire has already been, and the Conductor leads the kids on a Nature Tracker hike through the woods to see how new life is growing back - even after the forest fire's devastation. Buddy and Tiny ride the Dinosaur Train for a playdate with their old friend Petey Peteinosaurus, and learn that the train has added a new Aviary Car, for their various flying passengers. Suddenly, they are joined by a lost bird named Judy Jehelornis, who was displaced by the recent forest fires, and can't remember where her home is. Buddy, Tiny, and Petey act as detectives to figure out from clues where Judy's home is, and the Conductor makes sure she's brought safely home on the train.
Dinos A to Z, Part 1, The Big Idea/Dinos A to Z, Part 2, Spread The Word (#215H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
While riding the Dinosaur Train with Buddy and Mom, Tiny gets the idea to gather all the dinosaurs in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song for a picnic at Troodon Town. The Conductor agrees, and the Train starts picking up dinosaurs, as Tiny and Buddy help keep track of how many of the different species have come on board, and where they are on the dinosaur A to Z list. The Dinosaur Train continues traveling around the Mesozoic picking up more and more dinosaurs that are in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song, on the way to a picnic at Troodon Town. As more train cars are added, and the rest of the Pteranodon family comes on board, Tiny and Mrs. Conductor team up to help keep order on the increasingly crowded Train.
Dinos A to Z, Part 3, Classification/Dinos A to Z, Part 4, A To Z Picnic (#216) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family rides the Dinosaur Train - now with extra cars attached -- as it continues picking up more dinosaurs that are in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song. The Pteranodon family reunites with some dinosaurs they've met before, and are introduced to species they've never met! The Pteranodon kids also learn about classification, and Don leads the way organizing the dinosaurs on the Train by their species, features, and size. The Pteranodon family is on the Dinosaur Train, now very crowded with all 26 dinosaurs mentioned in the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song. The Train has added more extra cars than it ever has, and there's even an additional engine to help pull the Train to Troodon Town. At Troodon Town, all the dinosaurs have fun at a picnic, and then Tiny leads the 26 different `A to Z' dinosaurs in a fun, rousing, and historic singing of the `Dinosaurs A to Z' song!
Dry Times at Pteranodon Terrace/Big Misty Sea Fishing Contest (#209) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When the weather has been extremely dry for several weeks, all the water holes at Pteranodon Terrace dry up. The Lambeosaurus family decides to move away in search of water, which upsets the kids. Dad and Mom decide to take the kids to the Big Pond on a camping trip, where they will wait out the drought and return home when it rains again. Don doesn't want to leave his home, even temporarily, and decides to perfect a "rain dance" that will make the rain return. Dad learns that he's been chosen to compete in the big annual Fishing Contest at the Big Misty Sea, and is one of three contestants. The whole family rides there on the Dinosaur Train to cheer Dad on. They learn that the contestants are Dad, the Old Spinosaurus, and Dad's childhood friend and rival, a huge raptor named Marco Megaraptor. The three all end up fighting over Chester, the legendary biggest fish in the Big Misty Sea.
Remember The Alamosaurus/Sunrise, Sunset (#217) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon kids and Dad get the idea to travel around on the Dinosaur Train and meet some of the biggest dinosaurs. They even sing a song, `The Biggest Dinosaurs', before meeting Allie Alamosaurus, an enormous, long-necked, plant eating sauropod who is very friendly. Allie explains that her huge, strong legs hardly bend at all, but she can still have fun playing games with the kids, and teaching them some of her favorites! Dad takes the Pteranodon kids on an overnight camping trip where they watch both a sunrise and sunset, learning that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. The kids also find out more about nocturnal (night-active) animals, and diurnal (day-active) animals.
Hurricane at Pteranodon Terrace/Rafting The Cretaceous (#210) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The long-awaited rains finally return to Pteranodon Terrace, but grow into a huge rainstorm that grows even bigger - into a hurricane! Dad hasn't seen it blow like this since he was a kid. They seek shelter, and Don discovers an entrance to a cave below their nest, where not only the Pteranodons, but also their other neighbors, the Lambeorsaurus family and Cindy Cimolestes, all take shelter for the night. In the morning, the storm has passed, but everyone must pitch in to rebuild their various nests. The family is cleaning up the mess left over from the hurricane, and discover that a raft of logs has washed up two refugees from across the Western Interior Sea - a turtle named Aidan Adocus, and a small mammal named Tommy Ptilodus. Our family learns of their adventure, crossing the sea in the storm, and washing up at Pteranodon Terrace. They decide to take their new friends to the Dinosaur Train, and ride back with them to their home in Appalachia.
Dinosaur Train Submarine: Otto Opthalmosaurus/King Meets Crystal (#213) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When the Pteranodon family takes the Dinosaur Train under the sea to visit their friend Elmer Elasmosaurus, they learn that the Elasmosaurus family is going away from the station to follow their food, the fish. Buddy wants to follow, but the train tunnel doesn't go that way - so the Conductor decides to take the family in a brand-new invention, the Dinosaur Train Submarine! On their journey, they meet a marine reptile called Otto Opthalmosaurus, who guides the submarine deeper than it's ever been, and even helps them find their way out of a sea cave. During a day at Troodon Town Music Festival, the Pteranodon family and King Cryolophosaurus hear a wonderful singer named Crystal Cryolophosaurus. King is very interested in becoming friends with Crystal, another dinosaur of his species, but he gets very nervous when trying to talk to her. Tiny and Buddy help King overcome his nervousness, and he and Crystal end up friends who happily sing together.
Dinosaur Train Submarine: Shoshana Shonosaurus/All Kinds of Families (#214) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon family goes under the sea again, to ride the Dinosaur Train Submarine - this time they go to meet Shoshana Shonisaurus, an enormous marine reptile that's something between a dolphin and a whale. Since Shoshana loves to dive down very deep, Shiny has a problem with following her down to the bottom of the sea. Shoshana kindly helps Shiny get over her fear of diving deep. When Buddy expresses his feelings about being adopted to Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon, they tell him that he will always be a part of the Pteranodon family. Mom takes Buddy and Tiny to meet another adopted dinosaur kid named Sonny Sauroposeidon, a huge tall creature, now a part of tiny Mikey Microraptor's family. Buddy and Sonny bond over being adopted and knowing that they are both in adoptive families that are different species but still love and appreciate them.
A Heck of a Neck/Gilbert Visits The Nest (#218) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon kids have a Nature Trackers adventure when they meet Denise Diplodocus, a super-long, super big dinosaur. At first the kids mistake Denise's neck for a snake, and tail as a bridge. Later, Denise amazes the kids, telling them how hard it is for her to raise up her long, heavy neck. Shiny and the others help her raise her neck higher than normal just once, but it feels better for Denise to keep closer to the ground and low-lying trees. Shiny is nervous about Gilbert's impending visit to Pteranodon Terrace. She goes into a cleaning frenzy, wanting everything to look perfect, and her siblings to act perfectly. When Gilbert arrives, everyone starts having fun except Shiny who feels ignored. Soon Gilbert and the other kids persuade Shiny to join them, and they all eat, play, and laugh together.
Arnie Rides The Flatcar/Old Reliable (#220) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Buddy, Tiny, and Mom visit their very large sauropod friend, Arnie Argentinosaurus, and his dad. Arnie has grown bigger since our kids have seen him and is now too big to ride on the Dinosaur Train anymore. Tiny and Buddy arrange with Mr. Conductor for Arnie to be the first big dinosaur to ride on the newest Dinosaur Train car - the flatbed car! Mr. Pteranodon and Mr. Lambeosaurus take all the kids to see a field of geysers - holes in the ground that hot water shoots out from! At the same time, Mrs. Pteranodon and Mrs. Lambeosaurus are relaxing nearby in soothing pools of warm water, called hot springs. In the end, the kids love seeing the geysers and then joining the Moms in their hot springs, while accidentally surprising Mr. Conductor who is secretly trying to relax in his own private hot spring pool!
An Apatosaurus Adventure/Nature Art (#219) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon kids visit the Jurassic Time Period to meet Apollo Apatosaurus, a huge, long-necked, long-tailed dinosaur who likes adventure. Apollo loves to whip his long tail, and does so as he leads the kids on a pretend adventure to find a hard-to-reach tree with yummy, delicious leaves! Mrs. Pteranodon cleans out the clutter from the family nest and the kids are amazed at the pile of stuff - leaves, flower petals, pieces of wood, and shells. Tiny stops Mom from throwing out all the stuff, determined that she and Buddy, Tiny, and Don will find a use for it all. And, they do- the Pteranodon kids have fun making nature art on the beach using the items from nest!
Tiny and the Crocodile/Meet The Grandparents (#221) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Team Pteranodon travels to Dienosuchas Swamp to meet Deanna Dienosuchas, a 40 foot crocodile with many big teeth, and a crabby attitude. Tiny leads the way to warm up Deanna who turns out to be more friendly and less scary than our kids imagined. The Pteranodon kids have special visitors - their Grandma and Grandpa! The kids delight in realizing they share similar traits with their grandparents (laughs, expressions, and interests), and love showing Grandma and Grandpa around the nest area and playing some games they all like.
The Egg Stealer?/To The Grandparents' Nest We Go! (#222) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Buddy and Don stumble upon a mystery when they find unhatched eggs on their beach, The mystery grows when some of the eggs are stolen. Don and Buddy become detectives and suspect that maybe Tiny, Shiny, or other friends may be stealing the eggs. They're not. Soon, all the kids join in to solve the mystery, as they figure out that the eggs belong to an over-protective, caring mom named Olivia Oviraptor who is just trying to keep her eggs safe. Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, and Don have fun spending a special day with their retired Grandma and Grandpa at their cliffside nest. The kids get to see things from their Dad's childhood nature collection, and afterwards they play games and fish with Grandma and Grandpa.
- KQED 9: Wed, May 28, 2014 -- 9:30am email reminder
Double-Crested Trouble/Erma and the Conductor (#223) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
While riding the Dinosaur Train, Buddy and Tiny meet Dylan and Devlin Dilophosaurus, twin brothers with amazing double-crests on their heads. Dylan and Devlin like to compete over everything from getting the best seat on the train, to being the best hunter. After Tiny and Buddy spend time with the brothers, they show them how working as a team can help them succeed while hunting! The Pteranodon family is on the Dinosaur Train headed to the Big Pond for a special nighttime treat - watching a meteor shower in the sky! Mr. Conductor stops to pick up Erma Eoraptor, his best friend, whom he's excited to spend time with that night. At the Big Pond, the Conductor and Erma are interrupted a few times while trying to be alone, but soon find the perfect spot back on the Train. They watch the meteor shower from there, as our Pteranodon family watches the amazing meteors from the Big Pond beach.
- KQED 9: Thu, May 29, 2014 -- 9:30am email reminder
Dome-Headed Dinosaur/Treasure Hunt (#224) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Pteranodon kids and their dome-headed friend Spikey Stygimoloch meet a brother and sister, Patrick and Pamela Pachycephalosaurus, two dinosaurs with enormous dome heads. Spikey bonds with the Pachycephalosaurus. Patrick and Pamela are athletes who invite our kids, Mom, and Spikey along to watch them use their impressive dome heads to play a volleyball type sport called, Dome Ball. Don has a large collection of things he's found in nature, but he's missing one hard-to-locate item - amber. On the Dinosaur Train, Don and the other Pteranodon kids find out that Gilbert is also looking for amber. At Amber Arroyo caves, Don and Gilbert separately search for and find amber, eventually bonding over their discoveries.
- KQED 9: Fri, May 30, 2014 -- 9:30am email reminder