This animated series for 3-to-6 year olds features a curious young T-rex named Buddy who, together with his adopted Pteranodon family, takes the Dinosaur Train to meet, explore, and have adventures with all kinds of dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures.
Armored Like An Ankylosaurus/Campout! (#109H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Armored Like an Ankylosaurus - The kids travel on the Dinosaur Train with Mr. Pteranodon to see his hero, Hank Ankylosaurus, play a game of Dinoball. Afterwards, they even get to play with Hank and learn what it's like to be a dinosaur that's covered with armored plates and a mighty club for a tail.
* Campout! - Our Pteranodon family goes to the Big Pond for their first overnight camp out and meets a small frog with a big voice.
- KQED Kids: Mon, Dec 5, 2016 -- 9:00am
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 10, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
Trains, Submarines and Zeppelins: Part 1/Part 2 (#401H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When Mr. Pteranodon and Larry go out to the Big Pond to find some red platanoids for the Winter Solstice Celebration, they accidentally miss the last train home. Will Larry and Mr. Pteranodon stop bickering long enough to figure out a way home, or will they get stranded in the middle of nowhere and miss the family Winter Solstice Celebration? Educational Objective: The Winter Solstice is the shortest day of the year.
- KQED 9: Mon, Dec 5, 2016 -- 11:00am
- KQED Plus: Mon, Dec 5, 2016 -- 1:30pm
- KQED Kids: Thu, Dec 8, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Wed, Dec 14, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Wed, Dec 14, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Dec 19, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Fri, Dec 23, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Fri, Dec 23, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 24, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Wed, Dec 28, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
Laura The Giganotosaurus/Dinosaur Poop! (#110H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Laura the Giganotosaurus - Buddy spends time with Laura Giganotosaurus, a large dinosaur who always rides the Dinosaur Train and, like Buddy, is a three-toed theropod! Buddy also discovers that Laura is an avid bird-watcher.
* Dinosaur Poop! - Buddy and Tiny learn that all creatures poop, even really big dinosaurs.
Don's Winter Wish/Festival of Lights (#212H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
When the Pteranodon family travels back to the North Pole, Don declares that it's his "winter wish" to see snow fall again. When a big blizzard comes, and even the Dinosaur Train gets snowed in, Don worries that his wish brought the blizzard. He's especially worried for his new friend, Soren Sauronitholestes, who is sitting on a nest of her eggs, out in the blizzard. But everything turns out all right: Dad explains that wishing for something doesn't make it happen, and the well-adapted, warm-blooded, feather-covered Soren successfully hatches her babies. While visiting the North Pole, the Conductor suggests that the family stop off at Aurora Borealis Station on an enormous frozen lake to see the Aurora Borealis, where the Northern Troodons celebrate a "Festival of Lights." While the kids wait for night to fall and view the Aurora Borealis, they work up an ice-skating show to entertain Mom and Dad. Everyone joins in to sing "Solstice Time is Here" and skate under the lights!
Dinosaurs in the Snow/Cretaceous Conifers (#117H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dinosaurs in the Snow - Buddy and his Pteranodon family ride the Dinosaur Train to the North Pole - where it's cooler out and the skies are dark all winter long! The kids get to play in the snow and slide on a frozen pond for the first time.
* Cretaceous Conifers - The whole Pteranodon family have fun celebrating Mom's favorite holiday, Winter Solstice. They learn about large conifer (evergreen) trees and help decorate them at a holiday party.
- KQED Kids: Wed, Dec 7, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 8, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Dec 8, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Dec 13, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Dec 18, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 22, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Dec 22, 2016 -- 1:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Dec 27, 2016 -- 9:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Jan 1, 2017 -- 9:00am Remind me
Derek The Deinonychus/Don's Dragonfly (#111H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Derek the Deinonychus - Buddy, Tiny and Mom visit a family of Deinonychus, dinosaurs with large, sharp toe-claws. They meet a kid named Derek who uses his toe-claws to not only hunt with but to carve great art!
* Don's Dragonfly - Don makes a new friend with red feet, a dragonfly named Howard.
One Small Dinosaur/T. Rex Migration (#112H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* One Small Dinosaur - Mrs. Pteranodon takes Buddy and Tiny to visit a Mikey Microraptor, one of the smallest of dinosaurs ever. Tiny is annoyed that Mikey is even smaller than she is, but Mikey looks up to Tiny as a role model.
* T. rex Migration - Buddy and Tiny go to visit their friend Annie Tyrannosaurus and discover she isn't home, so they follow clues and find her on a migration with her family.
Junior Conductors Academy: Part One/Junior Conductors Academy: Part Two (#404H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Junior Conductors Academy: Part One" - The kids are all excited! Why?Because they're off to Junior Conductor's Academy in Laramidia, to try to become Junior Conductors First Class. Buddy has a feeling he's going to be a star in class, until he meets Dennis Deinocheirus - a kid who knows even more dinosaur facts than he does! Can Buddy get over his disappointment that he's not the smartest kid in class, and make friends with Dennis (who seems like he's having trouble making friends on his own)?.
* "Junior Conductors Academy: Part Two" - Now that Buddy and Dennis are friends, they have to work together (with the other kids) in order to pass a series of tests. If they succeed, they'll receive their Junior Conductors First Class pins! But standing in the way of their success is the most challenging instructor of all... Thurston Troodon!.
Educational Objectives -- Deinocheirus, from the Ornithomimosaur family of theropods in the late cretaceous, had some of the longest arms of any bipedal dinosaur. Also, it's not always easy to make friends with someone you don't understand, but if you take the time and make the effort, it might not be as hard as you think.
Hootin' Hadrosaurs!/Hatching Party (#113H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Hootin' Hadrosaurs! - Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don meet Perry Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur with a crest on his head who teaches them a new way to hoot some hip music.
* Hatching Party - Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon attend an egg hatching party and meet their friend Cory Corythosaurus's new brothers and sisters.
The Theropod Club/Surprise Party (#114H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Theropod Club - Buddy's Theropod Club meets with other dinosaurs that walk on two legs, eat meat, and have three toed feet. But Tiny feels left out until the Club invites her to join too!
* Surprise Party - Shiny, Tiny and Don throw a surprise party for Buddy on the Dinosaur Train and invite a whole caboose full of his friends!
The Old Spinosaurus & The Sea/A Spiky Tail Tale (#115H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Old Spinosaurus & the Sea - Dad takes the kids on the Dinosaur Train to fish in a new place, where they meet a huge, grumpy old dinosaur, called a Spinosaurus, that doesn't want the kids in his Sea. Eventually the kids befriend him, and they teach each other their own unique way to catch fish.
* A Spiky Tail Tale - Buddy and Tiny help settle an argument between Morris Stegosaurus and Alvin Allosaurus, two very big dinosaurs - one with a very spiky tail, the other with a mouthful of sharp teeth.
Nest Swap/The Herd Is The Word (#405H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Nest Swap" - The Pteranodon Family decides to take a little vacation and swap nests with Larry's friends: a family of pterosaurs (Nemicolopterus, to be exact). But when the Pteranodon Family arrives at the Nemicolopterus nest, they realize that the Nemicolopterus Family is much smaller than them, so everything is smaller: the Pteranodon Family doesn't even fit in their nest! Can the family make do, try something new, and still have a good time? Educational Objectives: The Nemicolopterous was a small, toothless pterosaur that lived in the forests of the early cretaceous. Pterosaur diversity included a range in body size, head and body shape, presence and absence of teeth, long tails, preferred habitat, and preferred diet.. * "The Herd is the Word" - Tank Triceratops is really excited to show Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, and Don his favorite picnic spot, but when they arrive, the spot is overrun with a whole herd of Triceratops. Tank and the kids try to find another place with a little more privacy (and a lot less Triceratopses), but no matter where they go, the herd follows them. Will Tank be able to find a quiet spot without the herd, or does the herd have a good reason for following Tank around? Educational Objectives: Big-bodied herbivores often form large groups,or "herds," and do so as a strategy to detect and deter predators.
The Burrowers/Shiny's Sea Shells (#118H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Burrowers - The Pteranodon family rides the Dinosaur Train to meet a family of amazing, burrowing dinosaurs that live in holes and put on a "Cirque de Soleil" kind of acrobatic show every evening!
* Shiny's Sea Shells - Shiny, with help from Buddy, Tiny and Don, looks for the shiniest sea shells she can find, but ends up making a new friend named Henry, a hermit crab who lives in his own shell on the beach at the Big Pond.
The Old Bird/Diamond Don (#120H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Old Bird - Buddy, Tiny and Mom make a play date with Petey Peteinosaurus to ride the Dinosaur Train to meet Arlene Archeopteryx, a bird from the family of the oldest birds ever! The kids are excited to learn that Arlene is a bird and a dinosaur.
* Home With Shiny & Don - Shiny and Don stay at home and we get to see that just because they don't always ride with Buddy and Tiny on the Dinosaur Train doesn't mean that they are not having fun. An adventure into a local caves leads to a marvelous and brilliant discovery.
Stop and Smell The Flowers/Moms' Campout (#406H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Stop and Smell the Flowers" - Mom takes Tiny, Buddy, and Don on a super secret daytrip to Qianzhousaurus Pond, where they meet Quentin Qianzhousaurus - a Tyrannosaur with similar features to Buddy, except for one major thing - Quentin has a long, thin snout covered in tiny horns! The kids think that Quentin's long snout gives him a super smelling sense, but after a series of tests, they realize that he and Buddy have the same sniffing power. Can Quentin and Buddy's super sniffers solve the mystery of Mom's secret daytrip? Educational Objectives: Qianzhousaurus was a Tyrannosaur from the late cretaceous with a long, narrow snout (covered in tiny horns). Tyrannosaurs came in a variety of shapes and sizes. Qianzhousaurus probably hunted much smaller prey than its super strong- jawed cousin. T. Rex..
* "Moms' Campout" - Mrs. Pteranodon organizes a "Moms' Campout" with other moms and kids in the neighborhood. While on the way to the campout, Mr. Conductor challenges the kids to make a real "nature connection" by creating games that push them to look at nature from a different point of view. Educational Objectives: You can't appreciate nature just by looking at it. You need to dig in and be a part of it: splashing, climbing, getting dirty, and looking at things in a whole new way. Forming a "Nature Connection" (that is, fostering a bond with the natural world) is a hands-on, full body, multisensory activity that is essential for a healthy childhood.
Where Have All The Lizards Gone?/Conductor's Sleepover (#408H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Where Have All the Lizards Gone?" - The Conductor takes the Pteranodon Family for a special trip to Lizard Island, where they discover that it's been overrun by plants and bugs, and there are few precious lizards left. The Conductor concludes that the Changyuraptor Family (that he dropped off there awhile ago, and has since multiplied) has been eating all the lizards and throwing the entire ecosystem out of balance. Can the Pteranodon Family and Mr. Conductor convince the Changyuraptor Family to leave their home in order to get the island ecosystem back in balance? Educational Objectives: Ecosystems thrive only when all the plants and animals are in balance with one another. But too much of one thing, and not enough of another, can have disastrous consequences..
* "Conductor's Sleepover" - With a hurricane looming, the Pteranodon Family convinces the Conductor to leave his train for the night and come with them to the safety of their hurricane shelter (a large, underground cave). But the Conductor has a hard time getting comfortable away from his train. Can the family and the Conductor pull together and help a family of beached Ichthyosaurs back into the ocean after the hurricane leaves them beached on the shore? Educational Objectives: Hurricanes (and other storms) often have major effects on both ocean and land animals, causing animals to change their behaviors, and sometimes resulting in devastation of coastal ecosystems.
King Cryolophosaurus/Buddy The Tracker (#119H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* King Cryolophosaurus - Buddy, Tiny, Don and Mom meet a reclusive, singing dinosaur named King who has a big swooping crest on his head and a voice that sounds an awful lot like Elvis Presley.
* Buddy the Tracker - Buddy and Don are "footprint detectives" as they track and find creatures they know at the Big Pond. The plot thickens when they discover fossilized tracks that are millions of years old!
Crystal and King Benefit Concert: Part One and Two (#410H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Crystal and King Benefit Concert: Part One" - When Crystal and the King go for a trip to the Big Pond, they learn that it's being recklessly overfished! They enlist the help of the Pteranodon Family to try to spread the word that if the dinosaurs and pterosaurs aren't more careful, the Big Pond will run out of fish to eat. But when Crystal realizes that nothing they're doing is actually raising awareness of the issue, she decides to organize a HUGE benefit concert, and everyone agrees to pitch in and help (as long as the King doesn't have to perform)!.
* "Crystal and King Benefit Concert: Part Two" - The "Don't Overfish the Big Pond" Benefit Concert is underway, and it's a HUGE success! But because there's so much to organize, Crystal never finds the time to rehearse her big finale - so when it's time for her to go onstage, she experiences something she's never experienced before - stage fright! Can the kids help Crystal get over her stage fright and get her back onstage, or will the King have to come out of "performance retirement" to help her out?.
Educational Objectives: Overfishing generally results in a dramatic depletion in the total amount of fish (i.e., biomass). Also, overfishing often causes smaller fish (the prey species of larger fish) to increase in number as the larger predators are removed. If aquatic ecosystems are given a chance to rebound, they often will, as long as the numbers of fish have not been depleted too far.
Rollin' on the Riverboat: Part One/Rollin' on the Riverboat: Part Two (#409H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* "Rollin' on the Riverboat: Part One" - The whole Pteranodon Family takes a rollicking adventure on the Dinosaur Train Riverboat! Buddy and Don vow to spend every minute together, but while Buddy wants to spend all his time investigating the creatures on the river, Don wants to spend all his time playing games and investigating the buffet. Can they come to some kind of agreement?.
* "Rollin' on the Riverboat: Part Two" - While still rolling down the river on the Dinosaur Train Riverboat, Grandpa Pteranodon tells Buddy about the Legend of Admiral Globidens - a huge Mososaur that supposedly lives on the river, but no one has ever seen. Buddy enlists Dad and Tiny's help to look for Admiral Globidens, but they can't seem to find him. Does Admiral Globidens really exist, or is he just a figment of someone's imagination?.
Educational Objectives: River ecosystems tend to be lushly vegetated and full of diverse life forms because of the constant presence of water and the diversity of habitats (i.e., aquatic and land-based). Also, a Globidens was a large mososaur from the late cretaceous that lived in the water and used its large, globe-shaped teeth to eat turtles and other large shellfish.
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jan 5, 2017 -- 9:00am Remind me
Dinosaur Camouflage/Family Scavenger Hunt (#121H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dinosaur Camouflage - Buddy and Tiny meet a shy dinosaur, Leslie Lesothosaurus, who is very good at hiding. The kids end up persuading Leslie to stop hiding, and come out to play with them.
* Scavenger Hunt - The Pteranodon family travels to the Big Pond for a Scavenger Hunt. Using clues and rhymes, the kids solve word puzzles and finally glimpse a bug-eating plant they thought was mere make-believe.
Have You Heard About The Herd?/Jess Hesperornis (#122H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Have You Heard About the Herd? - Tiny and Buddy are psyched to go to the Cretaceous Picnic Grounds where they meet Ernie Einiosaurus, who shows them how he lives in a large herd! Ernie introduces the Pteranodons to a herding game that makes even Mrs. Pteranodon put on her game face!
* Jess Hesperornis - The Pteranodons venture to the Big Pond to find out if dinosaurs can live in the water. Their quandaries are quenched when they meet Jess Hesperornis, who turns out to be not only a water dwelling dino, but a bird as well!
Triassic Turtle/Tank's Baby Brother (#123H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Triassic Turtle - Don mistakes a shell for a rock and meets Adam Adocus, a turtle with a head he can pull into his shell. The Pteranodon family travels to the Triassic and meets Pauline Proganochelys, another kind of turtle who shares her own methods of defending herself.
* Tank's Baby Brother - Tank Triceratops has a new baby brother that everyone dotes on, making Tank feel left out. Buddy, Tiny, and Tank play with some big kids and Tank learns the perks of being a big brother.
- KQED Kids: Wed, Jan 11, 2017 -- 9:00am Remind me
Erma Eoraptor/Under The Volcano (#124H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Erma Eoraptor - Buddy, Tiny, and Mrs. Pteranodon go on an expedition to find Erma Eoraptor, a member of the first species of dinosaur that ever lived. They venture off the beaten paths in the Triassic to find Erma, and then bring her back for a ride on the Dinosaur Train!
* Under the Volcano - Tiny, Buddy, and Mr. Pteranodon take the Dinosaur Train to Volcano Valley to see the local volcano. The sight is so spectacular, they go back for the rest of the family only to discover they've already gone to see the volcano! The merry mix-up concludes as the whole family meets up to marvel at the sight of Mt. Smoky erupting.
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jan 12, 2017 -- 9:00am Remind me
Pteranodon Family World Tour/Gilbert The Junior Conductor (#125H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Pteranodon Family World Tour - The entire Pteranodon family embarks on a roaring, exploring, World Tour adventure! They meet the Conductor's nephew, Gilbert, who takes them on a tour to meet Martin Amargasaurus, a spine spangled quadruped with an intimidating sail. < br />* Gilbert the Junior Conductor - The Pteranodon family is on a World Tour and get to sleep in a special Sleeping Car on the Dinosaur Train.During their first full day on the Train, the kids are super excited to play with Gilbert, the Conductor's nephew. Don gets jealous and finally admit his feelings, leading to a reaffirmation of his friendship with Buddy.
- KQED Kids: Fri, Jan 13, 2017 -- 9:00am Remind me