This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Speaks Martha Gets Spooked/Martha Changes Her Luck (#119H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Martha Gets Spooked - Is someone fixing up the haunted house? If not, who ordered those flowers? Was it the ghost of Mrs. Parkington's Great-Aunt Martha? Whoever or whatever it was, Martha has to go in there to protect Helen, before it's too late!
* Martha Changes Her Luck - Uh-oh. Martha walked under a ladder-and broke a mirror-so now she thinks she's jinxed. And she's worried her bad luck is rubbing off on everybody else. Helen tries to explain that all the accidents are just coincidence, but things just keep getting worse.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Mar 24, 2017 -- 6:00pm
April Fools/Bully for You! (#605H) Duration: 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
April Fools: It's April Fools Day in Wagstaff City and T.D., the King of Pranks, is...too busy to plan pranks? He's preoccupied with an invitation to receive an award from the Wagstaff City Genius Society. Martha smells deception, but will T.D. catch on before it's too late? Vocabulary: (E) convince, dupe, ploy, prank, ruse. Bully For You!: A ferocious new pooch has the neighborhood dogs' fur on end. Martha may never go outside again. Even Skits is spooked. Can anyone neutralize this bully's bark? Vocabulary: (E) harass, intimidate, pick(ing) on, reluctant, tease.
Martha Runs The Store, Part 1 & Part 2 (#120H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Martha Runs the Store, Part 1 - Skits and Martha are feeling desperate while they wait in the broiling sun for Helen to finish shopping. Fed up, Skits decides to follow the cool air into the store, and Martha has to follow to get him out. What are they going to do now that they're stuck in the bathroom and the store is about to close?
* Martha Runs the Store, Part 2 - Helen can't find Martha and Skits anywhere. Little does she know, they're trapped inside the darkened department store, trying to find the exit . . . when they aren't distracted by the comfy beds, overflowing garbage cans, and automatic tennis-ball shooter. Will they find their way out before it's time to blow out Mom's birthday candles?
- KQED Plus: Tue, Mar 28, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
Itchy Martha/Martha and the Thief of Hearts (#121H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Itchy Martha - Martha can't keep her paws away from her itchy ear mites. Until they're gone, she has to wear a cone on her head to keep her from scratching. Martha hates the cone; it gets in the way and makes everything sound weird. Worse than that, it terrifies Jake. Will Martha have to live in the cellar until she gets better?
* Martha and the Thief of Hearts - The gang decides to make homemade valentines for each other. But when everybody's art supplies begin disappearing, their affectionate mood begins to fade. Can Martha solve the mystery of the stolen supplies?
- KQED Plus: Wed, Mar 29, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
There Goes The Neighborhood/I Scream (#122H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* There Goes the Neighborhood - Martha can't believe that Helen and Alice are making such a fuss about a kitten. Everyone knows kittens are not to be tolerated. But could this kitten be different?
* Ice Scream - Alice is shocked to discover that Truman has never actually tried ice cream. Alice thinks deciding you won't like ice cream without trying it is, well, prejudiced! Can Helen and TD find a compromise that satisfies Alice but doesn't force Truman to give in to peer pressure?
- KQED Plus: Thu, Mar 30, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
Nurse Martha/Td Gets The Scoop (#123H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Nurse Martha - Being able to translate animal speech sure comes in handy when Martha gets a job as the vet's assistant. But when Mrs. Clusky's niece brings her puppy to the vet - and he speaks nothing but incomprehensible puppy talk - Martha's going to need more than her linguistic skills to figure out what's wrong.
* TD Gets the Scoop - Carolina is starting a newspaper, the Carolina Town Crier, and she needs some crack reporters to track down the news. TD turns investigative reporter, until he becomes the headline himself. Martha thinks she's uncovered a real scoop, but Carolina disagrees, no bones about it.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
Alice Twinkle Toes/Martha Fails The Course (#124H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Alice Twinkle Toes - Alice is a talented athlete, but grace is not her middle name. After she sees a performance of the ballet, she secretly wishes she could take ballet lessons. But how can she ever admit she's interested when she knows her brother Ronald will tease her mercilessly?
* Martha Fails the Course - After she sees a dog agility course on TV, Martha decides being an agility dog is just the thing for her. But when she tries out a course that Mrs. Clusky built for Francois, her agility dream becomes a nightmare. Now Martha won't even walk in public. How can Helen and Alice get Martha back on her feet?
- KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 4, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
Martha Sings/Td Makes The Band (#125H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Martha Sings - Martha wakes up singing and not just because she's happy. She can't stop! Helen and Martha visit the vet, some musicians, and an opera singer, trying to discover the source of her musical malady to no avail. Will Martha ever be able to talk without a tempo again?
* TD Makes the Band - Everybody's singing about Shecky the Sea Lion and it's driving TD nuts! He could write a better song than that, and that's just what he's going to do! He recruits the gang to join his band and then sets out to write a hit song. - about Belgium? Inspiration strikes, but what will they do for an encore?
- KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 5, 2017 -- 6:00pm Remind me
Skits under the Weather/Martha the Weather Dog (#126H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Skits under the Weather - Martha and Skits hate the sound of thunder. One day Skits gets fed up and tries to outrun the storm, but soon discovers that all roads somehow lead back home.
* Martha the Weather Dog - Windy McCloud, Wagstaff City's meteorologist, wants Martha to be her weather dog. Martha's thrilled that she'll be able to change the weather to suit Helen and her friends, until she finds out she's not going to make the weather, she's going to predict it. But all her predictions are way off. What should she tell Windy?