This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!/Martha and Truman Get Lost (#117H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey! - Professor Monkey is coming to town to promote his craft books with co-author Beppo. But his directions to the bookstore end up under Bob the dog's fiercely guarded porch. Can Martha help Professor Monkey find the bookstore before Beppo turns in her banana suit?
* Martha and Truman Get Lost - Truman needs Martha to help him find something he lost at Dog Head Lake. The only problem is he won't tell Martha what they're looking for because he's too embarrassed. After getting lost deep in the forest and coming face-to-face with his fears, Truman learns a valuable lesson about himself and his . . . whatsit.
- KQED Kids: Wed, May 22, 2013 -- 1:30am
- KQED Kids: Wed, May 22, 2013 -- 7:00am
- KQED Kids: Sun, May 26, 2013 -- 9:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, May 26, 2013 -- 2:00pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Sun, May 26, 2013 -- 7:30pm email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, May 27, 2013 -- 1:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Mon, May 27, 2013 -- 7:00am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, May 31, 2013 -- 9:30am email reminder
- KQED Kids: Fri, May 31, 2013 -- 2:00pm email reminder
Escape From Flea Island/No Dogs Allowed (#114H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Escape from Flea Island - Carolina is determined to outdo Tiffany Blatsky on the science project. She organizes an expedition with TD, Truman, and Martha to gather "exotic" plants. When the canoe capsizes, a storm blows up, and the sun starts to go down, they worry they may never get off Flea Island. Vocabulary - (E) cooperate, consensus, government, law, supervise (I) agree, lead, in charge, rule, team. * No Dogs Allowed - Tiffany wants to make Helen's treehouse into a girls' clubhouse. But who should be president? When the girls hold an election (Carolina vs. Tiffany, of course), both candidates aggressively court Helen's vote. Vocabulary - (E) campaign, debate, elect, influence, issue (I) choose, decide, lose, vote, win, club.