Each episode is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word "expert"; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend's best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word "morph" into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
A String's The Thing/J-J-Jelly (#301H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
A String's the Thing - After Duck accidentally turns on Frog's new cake frosting machine, the WordFriends must find the right "ing" word to stop it from covering WordWorld in delicious frosting. J-J-Jelly - Pig asks Bear and Sheep to help him make jars for the jelly pumping from his jelly machine. However, when they aren't able to make jars fast enough, the kitchen quickly begins filling up with the purple, oozy treat! Only by working together are the friends able to find a way to contain all of the jiggling jelly.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Dec 20, 2014 -- 6:00am email reminder
Bed Bugs/Snug As A Bug (#210H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bed Bugs - When the bugs accidentally break Frog's brand new bed, they scramble to put it back together and make things right. Just one problem. They can't tell the letters 'b' and 'd' apart! Can they figure out which letter is which - and rebuild Frog's bed - before Frog returns home?
* Snug as a Bug - Frog helps insomniac Bug figure out the end of the rhyme "snug as a bug in a ..." so that Bug can sleep.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 3, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Totally Terrific Duck/A Star Is Born (#211H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Totally Terrific Duck - Totally Terrific Duck - Bear is going to paint everyone's picture today, and Duck wants to look "totally terrific" for his portrait. Not to worry! Frog and Sheep help him build a tie, top hat and tutu - because if you want to look totally terrific you need the letter T. A tie, top hat and tutu? Now that's one totally, totally, Totally terrific looking Duck!
* A Star is Born - Duck gets a case of stage fright while singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" for all his WordFriends. Instead of singing the word "star," Duck freezes and blurts out the first thing he sees. With a little word building, Sheep and Ant solve Duck's problem, and soon a "star" is born.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 24, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Dog's Having A Party/Dog Wants to Play Ball (#212H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dog's Having a Party - Dog and Duck want to throw a house party at Dog's house. But all they have is the letter H, and they don't know what to do with it! With the help of Sheep they soon realize that H is a fabulous letter; with it they can make hotdogs, hats, hula-hoops and a great party indeed. Hurray!
* Dog Wants to Play Ball - Dog wants to play ball, but he's having trouble communicating with his friends because they won't stop and listen to him.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 31, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder