Each episode is a narrative built around a wacky troupe of characters, WordFriends, who are characters first and words second. WordFriends go on comic adventures and face challenges that can only be resolved with the right word. Sheep is a shy little girl who loves to pretend; Frog is the cautious brainiac and word "expert"; impetuous Duck is still learning his letters; Pig lives in the moment; Ant is a pragmatic bundle of energy; and Dog is a WordFriend's best friend. A key component of the show is word building, a unique moment when children witness a word "morph" into the thing it is. Word building reinforces the pre-reading concept that letters make words and that words have meaning.
Dog's Having A Party/Dog Wants to Play Ball (#212H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Dog's Having a Party - Dog and Duck want to throw a house party at Dog's house. But all they have is the letter H, and they don't know what to do with it! With the help of Sheep they soon realize that H is a fabulous letter; with it they can make hotdogs, hats, hula-hoops and a great party indeed. Hurray!
* Dog Wants to Play Ball - Dog wants to play ball, but he's having trouble communicating with his friends because they won't stop and listen to him.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 31, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Welcome Home, Duck/The Lost Letter L (#213H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Welcome Home, Duck - Frog, excited about Duck's return from a long vacation, makes a "Welcome Home" banner to hang over Duck's nest. Problem is, the dock connecting Frog's log to Duck's nest has broken, so Frog has to find another way across. Frog tries building a sock and a block to replace the dock, but it's not until he builds a rock that he can land on, halfway across the pond, that he's able to get across the water to duck's nest.
* The Lost Letter L - When Duck accidentally breaks the L off Frog's lamp, he decides not to tell Frog. Instead, he'll just fix it himself. Although Bug and Dog try to help, things spiral out of control, and soon Duck has broken a lamp, a lever and even Frog's log! Duck learns that everyone makes mistakes and admitting them sooner rather than later can make a big difference.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Feb 7, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Bear's Bed Sled/Sh-Sh-Shark! (#214H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Bear's Bed Sled - Bear is excited about sledding on the first day of snow, but her plans change when she hurts her toe and is unable to ride her sled. It's up to her friends to come up with a solution that will let Bear stay in bed and go sledding at the same time.
* Sh-Sh-Shark! - Shark is misunderstood. Everyone is afraid of him and won't even give him a chance to prove he's friendly. Everyone but Duck, that is, who doesn't know that the letters s and h together make the 'sh' sound, and therefore doesn't know who Shark is. When Duck introduces his new friend "Sh-ark" to the gang, Duck learns a lesson about the /sh/ sound, while everyone else discovers that acceptance is an important part of friendship.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Feb 14, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
Kite Flight/Hide and Seek (#302H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
Kite Flight - When Frog sails away on a big kite he built, it's up to Duck and Shark to save him. Luckily for the WordFriends, Kangaroo comes along just in time to help. Will her knowledge about the letter K rescue Frog and get them all home safely? Hide and Seek - The WordFriends play a game of Hide and Seek where they have to hide behind WordThings that end in "ake." The bugs build a RAKE, and Pig builds a CAKE. But Shark is so big that it's always hard for him to find a good hiding place. Time is running out! What "ake" word is just right for Shark to build?
- KQED Plus: Sat, Feb 21, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder
The Really Red Ruby/Firefighters to the Rescue (#303H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
The Really Red Ruby - Frog is excited to accompany Sheep on an exciting adventure to find the Really Red Ruby - until he realizes that Sheep is only pretending to go on an adventure. Frog is disappointed until he makes his greatest discovery: playing pretend is fun! Firefighters to the Rescue - Duck and Fly want to become firefighters, just like their friend Firefighter Frog. To do that, they need to look out for any signs of smoke in WordWorld, because where there's smoke, there's fire! Will Duck and Fly be able to determine what's really smoke and what's not?
- KQED Plus: Sat, Feb 28, 2015 -- 6:00am email reminder