Based on the best-selling Curious George books by Margret and H. A. Rey, and narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy, this series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and original locales, while maintaining the charm of the beloved books. Each episode includes two animated stories followed by short live-action pieces showing real kids who are investigating the ideas that George introduces in his stories. The series aims to inspire kids to explore science, math and engineering in the world around them.
For The Birds/Curious George-Asaurus (#303) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* For the Birds: George loves feeding the birds, but they must be starving, because all the seeds keep disappearing! Perplexed, George returns with more food, only to find a big, bushy tail sticking out of the feeder. It's Jumpy Squirrel, caught in the act of eating all the seeds! George tries to squirrel-proof the birdhouse, moving it further from the tree trunk, clearing away freestanding objects, and even developing a pulley laundry line system to hang it from. But to no avail - that squirrel can climb - and apparently eat - anything! Why does Jumpy keep taking the seeds? Has his appetite suddenly grown - or maybe they're not all for him? Educational Objective: To illustrate that all products and systems are subject to failure; and that many can be fixed through troubleshooting.
* George-asaurus: Professor Wiseman needs the Man with the Yellow Hat's help to assemble some rare dinosaur bones into a skeleton in time for an important archaeologist, Dr. Raj Desai, to see them. Wiseman and the Man finish the task and meet Dr. Desai for lunch. Meanwhile, George and Gnocchi play outside with a toy plane, which floats though a window--landing on the newly assembled dinosaur. When George climbs the fragile bones to retrieve it, the entire skeleton collapses! Using another dinosaur as a model, George is able to organize, sort, and piece together the bones back into its proper form. But how will Dr. Desai feel about a monkey working on his precious dinosaur bones, especially when the wrong head ends up on the dinosaur's skeleton? Educational Objective: To sort and classify bones based on their shape and size. To develop an understanding of symmetry by reassembling the dinosaur bones so that each bone on one side of the body matches the equivalent bone on the other side (e.g., size, shape, location).
- KQED Kids: Sun, Nov 29, 2015 -- 7:00am
King Doggie/The Lucky Cap (#218) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* King Doggie: When a limo pulls up to the doorman's lobby, the Princess of Bratvia steps out and scoops up Hundley, claiming that he is in fact a Royal Doggie! To verify this, the Princess's Aide measures him and sure enough, Hundley's head is three buckles high, his body is four stripes long and, most importantly, he has the purple mark of Bratvian royalty on his proud chest. So her Highness takes Hundley, aka Barkington the Fifteenth, off to his new palace but soon the princely pup grows weary of luxury and longs for his old lobby. So it's up to his friend George to help convince the royals that Hundley, although very dignified, is just a regular dog of the people. True, Hundley's precise measurements are indeed those of a King Doggie - but could the leftover grape jelly on his chest be a clue to his real identity?
* The Lucky Cap: George's day goes from bad to worse. He spills a bowl of milk, gets caught in a torrential downpour, and just can't get past that seven square in hopscotch. But then the Man with the Yellow Hat gives George a new cap, and the moment George puts it on his misfortunes turn into windfalls - he finds a shiny quarter, gets a free shopping spree at Dolson's toy store, and wins his first hopscotch game ever! When the Man washes the hat, however, George's bad luck returns -it's shrunk so small that it barely fits on his head! Without the hat, George needs to figure out how to count to 25 in order to win Steve's Ultra Extreme Hopscotch Challenge. Will George discover that brainpower is a force more powerful than luck?
- KQED Kids: Sun, Nov 29, 2015 -- 12:30pm
Wheels on the Bus/Seed Trouble (#308) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Wheels on the Bus - Running late for an important meeting at the Glass Palace, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat decide to take the bus rather than walk. But when George and the Man get off at the wrong stop, the bus leaves with the Man's portfolio still inside! Determined to retrieve the important drawings AND make it to the meeting on time, George jumps in a basket on a bicycle. The Man orders a baffled taxi driver to follow that monkey on the bicycle to catch the bus to get his portfolio! With the clock ticking, will either of them catch up to the bus and arrive at the meeting in time?
* Seed Trouble - George loves eating at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant! When Chef explains that he can't grow enough vegetables to keep his customers fed, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat offer to start their own garden to help the Chef out. The garden is ready to be planted, when Compass and his pigeon friends eat some of the seeds! George dumps the seeds into one jar to keep them safe... and learns too late that different seeds can't be planted together. Can George figure out how to separate and identify the seeds, and keep Chef Pisghetti in business?
- KQED Kids: Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 7:00am
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 5, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
Shipwrecked with Hundley/Chasing Rainbows (#310) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Shipwrecked With Hundley - George and the Man with the Yellow Hat join Hundley and the Doorman for a ride on their neat and orderly sailboat -- much to Hundley's dismay. A cracked boom forces them to land on a remote island to make repairs. But when George thoughtfully returns the anchor to the boat, he and Hundley drift into the open sea! Working as a team, they're able to navigate the sailboat back to land, but the Man and the Doorman are nowhere to be found. Are George and Hundley stuck on this island forever, or are those familiar looking rocks, trees, and birds the key to finding their friends? * Chasing Rainbows - It's Steve and Betsy's first time in the country and who better to give them a guided tour of the forest than George? When a light rain casts a stunning rainbow in the sky, George decides to track down the end of the rainbow to see if there really is a pot of gold. Betsy and Charkie follow, leaving Steve behind trying to take pictures of the wildlife. Where did George and Betsy go? Bill rescues Steve from an encounter with a moose. They seek the Man with the Yellow Hat's assistance locate George and Betsy. But can the Man's "pot of gold" lead the travelers back to the treasure of a safe home?
- KQED 9: Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 8:30am
- KQED Kids: Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 12:30pm
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 2:30pm
- KQED Kids: Tue, Dec 1, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Thu, Dec 3, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, Dec 4, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 5, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Dec 6, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
George Measures Up/Something New Under The Sun (#314) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Measures Up - Chef Pisghetti is cooking one up for the records book - a strand of spaghetti that measures 30 feet! When the Chef leaves for an important appointment, George protects the noodle from being destroyed by a playful Gnocchi. Later, the Chef calls to ask George how tall the building next door is, but George doesn't have anything long enough to measure with... or does he? Chef Pisghetti returns and sees a monkey measuring a building with the world's longest noodle. Now That's one for the record books!
* Something New Under the Sun - To beat the scorching summer heat, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat visit the museum, which is the only place in town with power, due to its new solar energy panel. George sees how the sun can charge batteries, and the Man agrees to make his famous lasagna as a surprise for Dr. Levit's birthday. But how can the Man make his lasagna without power for his electric oven? Can a monkey's new knowledge of solar power be the key to baking the world's first solar-energy birthday lasagna?
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Movie House Monkey/Cooking with Monkey (#315) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Movie House Monkey - The Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide to rescue a beloved old bijou theatre from being replaced by a self-cleaning parking lot. If they can show Mr. Glass a truly "unique" experience, he promises to save the theatre from being demolished. So, with the Doorman and Hundley's help, they restore the theater to its original pristine beauty and organize a special screening of Mr. Glass's favorite movie. All goes well until the music gets jumbled, the film breaks, and a popcorn explosion accompanies a volcanic eruption on screen! The show must go on, and George saves the day by taking matters (and shadow puppets) into his own hands. Surely Mr. Glass can't say this wasn't unique!
* Cooking with Monkey - Professor Wiseman proudly presents a cake for the fire station barbecue, but when the cake bends a knife and proves to be extra sticky, everyone is astonished. Embarrassed, Wiseman explains that she will be "extra creative" for the bake sale. Bake sale? George needs to find out what's wrong with Wiseman's cooking, fast! Even with George's help finding the right cooking tools, Wiseman's next attempt proves to be another culinary disaster. Wiseman visits the restaurant to purchase something for the bake sale, and is stunned to see Chef Pisghetti cooking from a recipe. Wasn't cooking supposed to be creative? The Chef explains that a recipe is just like a scientific formula. Eureka! The rest is a piece of cake.
Girl Meets Monkey/Curious George Ramps It Up (#403H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Girl Meets Monkey - George opens the chicken coop at the Renkins' farm and finds - wait -- a little girl?! Mrs. Renkins introduces George to Allie, her 5-year-old granddaughter who's spending her summer in the country. Allie is thrilled to meet George and practically runs out of breath asking him a million questions. She wants to know what it's like to be a monkey, and George spends an entire day showing her, which includes climbing high in a tree to see where Jumpy squirrel lives. When George climbs down the tree though, he finds that Allie is afraid to follow him. Not that Allie minds being stuck in the tree...she speaks squirrel, you know. Still, George knows girls can't live in trees. He needs to bring out Allie's inner monkey and get her down from the tree!
* Curious George Ramps It Up - Hundley takes it upon himself to return the toy a baby dropped in his lobby. But when George sees Hundley racing down the street with the toy in his mouth, George thinks he wants to play, and this delays Hundley. Hundley is not happy to see the baby drive off in a bus sans toy and is even more upset when Gnocchi, who wants in on the fun, grabs the toy and disappears through Pisghetti's basement window. George and Hundley follow Gnocchi into the basement, only to have the door lock behind them. Uh-oh. George and Gnocchi can climb up and out the window, but Hundley can't. George comes to the rescue by constructing a ramp leading to the window that even the littlest Daschund legs can climb. Now they just need to figure out where that baby went.
Personal Trainer/Sprout Outing (#401H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Personal Trainer - Professor Wiseman has generous sponsors for an exciting expedition if she completes a fund-raising footrace. But her first practice run is a disaster and she's about to give up until George volunteers to help her train. He's a great runner, so this should be easy, right? Not so! The first day of training leaves Professor Wiseman exhausted, thirsty and bored. George learns there is a lot to training as he becomes expert on stretching, keeping hydrated, and pacing yourself. But can he transfer all this to Professor Wiseman and find that secret ingredient that will keep her motivated to stay the course and finish the race?
* Sprout Outing - George has just been made an Honorary Junior Sprout of Country County and is thrilled to be on his first trip with the troop, especially since the Man with the Yellow Hat is the new Sprout Master. The plan is for a nice, relaxed vegetation exploration at the Incredible Edible Arboretum, but things don't go as planned! First, the troop gets lost following Assistant Sprout Master Bill's directions, then George gets separated from the rest and discovers a man sawing branches off a tree. That's in violation of Sprout's rules, and George decides he needs to be stopped! Will George be able to prevent this man from harming more trees and earn his Sprout stripes along the way?
The Inside Story/A Monkey, A Plan, A Canal (#404H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Inside Story - George doesn't feel so well. He's sneezing and can't taste Chef Pisghetti's sauce. He learns that he has a germ inside that's given him a cold. George wishes he could make the germ go away so he could feel better. Gnocchi curls up with George and they both go to sleep. In his dream, George wakes up inside himself, with Gnocchi at his side. They are facing that pesky germ - the bluesy, singing Toots and his Germettes, who have set up camp inside George. George wants them to leave, but they are having a wonderful time and never want to go! George and Gnocchi chase Toots through George's body (nose, stomach and lungs) in an effort to evict him. Will they succeed? And if so, how?
* A Monkey, A Plan, A Canal - Oh no! George and Allie find that a dry spell has lowered the water level of Lake Wanasink Lake and one of their fish friends got trapped in a small pond away from it's family! What's a monkey and girl to do? Trying to put the fish in a pail to carry it over doesn't work. George decides to dig a canal between the lake and the little pond. This would work except that the small pond is downhill from the lake and fish can't swim up hill. With some help from Bill, George realizes his canal needs a lock. Even though this is big work for a little monkey, George is up to it! Once George figures out how to build it, will the fish use it and swim back to his family?
Night of the Weiner Dog/Animal Trackers (#313) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Night of the Weiner Dog - Poor Hundley! It's the first time he's been apart from the Doorman in over 3 years and George's room isn't exactly this dapper daschund's idea of "neat and orderly." Being a good host, George follows the Doorman's detailed instructions. George accurately measures Hundley's food, graciously lets him watch his favorite TV show, "Poodle Groomers," and even rearranges his living room to make Hundley feel more at home. Though Hundley's strict demands are not George's idea of a fun sleepover, George comes through for his friend by rescuing Hundley's squeaky mouse from the balcony. Now, at last, Hundley can fall asleep! Later that night, when George is having a nightmare, how can Hundley return the favor and help his friend?
* Animal Trackers - It's Nature Week and George is taking pictures of wild animals and their tracks for the big exhibit. Bullfrogs, squirrels, raccoons and hawks are all nice, but George wants a picture of something really exciting and unusual. While George searches for the fawn Bill spotted, he finds an unusual set of tracks that look like a cross between a gigantic duck and a colossal snake. George decides there must be a duckbilled dinosaur on the loose-which would make for a perfect photo for Nature Week! George leaves a trail of fruits and vegetables to lure the dinosaur, but then he remembers that not all dinosaurs are friendly! George frantically rushes to warn everyone, when he bumps into the real culprit behind those tracks - and it's very different than a dinosaur!
Guest Monkey/Charkie Goes to School (#405H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Guest Monkey - George is almost as excited as Allie on her first day of school, but is ecstatic when she invites him to school the next day as a special guest monkey! He soon learns, though, that kindergarten has a lot of special rules that he's not used to - like not climbing on the furniture or standing in the sand table. Will George get extra credit for trying to follow the rules, or will his effort create one big mess?
* Charkie Goes to School - Charkie's building has a new rule - all dogs must have a good-behavior diploma from obedience school. After seeing Charkie struggle with the obstacle course, George recruits the academy's top alumni, Hundley, to help prepare Charkie for the final exam. Can George and Hundley figure out a way to get Charkie to cross the finish line amid all the distractions?
George and Marco Sound It Out/A Monkey's Duckling (#501H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George and Marco Sound It Out - Nothing can stop George from listening to his favorite band, Lobos de Plata, a Latin band that plays in Endless Park. So when the bandstand is taken down, George goes on a mission with his friend and band-member, 8 year-old Marco, to find a perfect place for the band to play. After a day of checking the acoustics at Pisghetti's, the zoo, and George's lobby, their last hope is the museum. Will it have a room that is quiet, won't produce echoes, and is large enough for an entire band?
* A Monkey's Duckling - George is so anxious for Dumpling Duck's eggs to hatch that he takes over as chief egg-sitter when Dumpling takes a break. When the first duckling emerges and sees George, he thinks the monkey is his mama! As George shows his doting protege the differences between a monkey and a duck, can he convince the duckling that birds of a feather should flock together?
- KQED 9: Thu, Dec 3, 2015 -- 8:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Dec 3, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, Jan 12, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 12, 2016 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, Jan 15, 2016 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Jan 18, 2016 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Jan 23, 2016 -- 7:00am Remind me
Downhill Racer/Book Monkey (#502H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Downhill Racer - When George hears about the annual soapbox derby, he enlists Allie to help him make the coolest car a monkey could drive. But even with the help of Bill's instruction manual, building a car takes a lot of work and car parts sure are hard to find. Will their car made out of wagon wheels, a kayak, and brakes from a buggy race past the finish line or are they on a crash course?
* Book Monkey - George loves books and helping others, so volunteering to help the librarian is a no-brainer! But when she is called away, George may have volunteered for a bigger job than he expected. He does his best to reshelf books, but when people can't find what they're looking for, he starts over from scratch. After he sorts by the color, then size, then subject, how will the exhausted little monkey react when the librarian tells him that books are also sorted alphabetically?
George's Super Subway Adventure/Well Done, George (#503H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George's Super Subway Adventure - The Man with the Yellow Hat has two surprises for George today: They're going to the zoo and they're riding the subway! George is so excited to see his first underground train that he hops right on, leaving the Man behind at the subway terminal. After comical mishaps where the two barely miss meeting up and some fun stops along the way, George figures out how to take the train all the way to the zoo, where he patiently waits for his friend to catch up.
* Well Done, George - A certain muddy monkey needs a bath, but there's no water coming out of the faucet. George and the Man with the Yellow Hat find a broken water pump in their well and head back to the city so George can take that much needed bath. This time when the water stops flowing from the faucet, George takes matters into his own paws and uses his newly acquired knowledge to build a well in their front yard. But can he build a pump to get the water from the ground into his fifth floor bathtub?
Trader George/One in a Million Chameleon (#504H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Trader George - George has a new hobby - collecting interestingly shaped sticks with his squeaky, rolling cart. When he encounters Allie selling fresh apple cider, he trades his cart for a gallon, but later regrets his decision. He offers to trade a jar of sauerkraut to Allie in return for the cart, but Allie already traded it to Vicki. Can George find the perfect trade for Vicki or is his cart gone forever?
* One in a Million Chameleon - George could stay busy for hours watching Jade the chameleon--not only does she change colors, but she also has the world's fastest tongue. But when Jade escapes after George accidentally leaves her cage door open, he follows her trail right out the front door! George enlists Hundley's help, but will they be able to find a color-changing chameleon in the big city?
George's Home Run/Monkey On Ice (#506H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George's Home Run - While Marco tries to hit his first Little League home run, George gets to play scorekeeper. Unfortunately, he can't remember the order of the numbers, so he isn't getting it quite right.Marco helps out by using a catchy song to teach George how to count from 1-10 and then George returns the favor by agreeing to be a pinch runner for an injured Marco. Can a speedy little monkey run the bases fast enough for Marco to get his first home run?
* Monkey on Ice - Bill wants to earn another Junior Sprout badge by constructing and sleeping in an igloo, inspiring George to build his own. Only George wants his igloo to have windows and be big enough to fit his friends and furniture--not small and cozy like Bill's. When George's huge ice house leaves him freezing cold, he decides to build one in a much warmer location--inside the country house.
- KQED 9: Tue, Dec 8, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Tue, Dec 8, 2015 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Dec 14, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 19, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 18, 2016 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Thu, Jan 21, 2016 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, Jan 22, 2016 -- 7:00am Remind me
Ski Monkey/George The Grocer (#123) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Ski Monkey - When a blizzard covers the country house with a foot of snow, George can't wait to get outside to play. But he soon learns that such deep snow isn't easy for a monkey to play in, until he learns how much fun it can be to ski, snowshoe and sled.
* George the Grocer - George really wants the toy oven he sees in the window at the toy store, but first, he has to find a job to earn money to buy it. Since neither Chef Pisghetti nor Mr. Glass need help,George decides to go to work at the Grocery Store. While George is pretty proud of the job he does helping customers, the grocer is pretty confused about who is causing such chaos in the aisles.
- KQED 9: Wed, Dec 9, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Wed, Dec 9, 2015 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Dec 14, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Dec 15, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 19, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Dec 20, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Wed, Jan 13, 2016 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 13, 2016 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Jan 18, 2016 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Jan 19, 2016 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Jan 23, 2016 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Jan 24, 2016 -- 7:00am Remind me
Go West, Young Monkey/Meet The New Neighbors (#508H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Go West, Young Monkey - The Doorman gets a special delivery - a Western Town to add to his amazing train set. He lets George, Steve, and Betsy assemble it, but they lose the final railroad pin that holds it all together! After helping them search, an exhausted Hundley dozes off and dreams that he's the deputy of an old West town where a stranger (George) loses the ceremonial pin that links the new railroad tracks. Can Deputy Hundley find the pin and save the day? < br />* Meet the New Neighbors - George ventures into the new neighborhood Vietnamese grocery store to buy carrots, cucumbers, and apples. He has a hard time finding the items on his list, so George buys the closest fruits and vegetables he can find: phat thu, mang cau ta, and kho qua. But the ingredients don't work in the Man with the Yellow Hat's recipes. Not wanting to take any more chances, George revisits the store, only this time he brings takeout and the storeowners back with him!
Follow That Boat/Windmill Monkey (#509H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Follow That Boat - Steve needs an A to pass his history class and his model papyrus boat is sure to make the grade. George helps him test the boat in Endless Park's pond, but a sudden rainstorm sweeps it down the sewer grate! While searching for the boat, Steve and George learn that debris from the street ends up in the ocean. Will they ever find Steve's little boat in the big ocean or will he be taking history again next year? Educational Objective: To recognize that waste needs to be disposed of properly to prevent unnecessary harm to the environment. To learn about a manmade system designed to reduce man's impact on the environment by working to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
* Windmill Monkey - George proudly finishes planting his rooftop garden when he turns around to find that Compass and his friends have eaten all the seeds. The scarecrow overlooking the garden didn't scare them at all! While buying more seeds, George spots a windmill and learns how the wind can power just about anything. The inspired monkey sets out to create the world's first wind powered scarecrow in hopes that will keep his seeds safe. But some things are more easily planned than done! Educational Objective: To recognize wind as an alternative and renewable source of energy capable of doing work.
School of Dance/Curious George Sounds Off (#601H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* School of Dance - Little monkeys love to dance, which is why George can't wait for Allie's dance party. When Bill announces he's leaving town because he doesn't know how to dance the box step, George creates a footsteps dance step map to help. But you can't take a dance map to a party! How will Bill keep from stepping on toes without one?
* Curious George Sounds Off - Chef Pisghetti is distraught: his chickens won't lay any eggs! After spending a night in the chicken coop, George discovers that the chickens aren't sleeping and are too tired to lay eggs. The noisy alley is the culprit. Will George's efforts to soundproof the chicken coop with recycled materials pay off with egg-cellent results?
George Buys A Kite/Train of Light (#602H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Curious George Buys a Kite - After a gust of wind destroys their kite,George and Bill are determined to buy the Ultimate Kite on display at Ada & Luke's country store. Luckily, Bill & George's Excellent Job Service finds enough work to keep their weekend schedule filled with money making chores--until rain prevents the duo from completing their outdoor tasks. Can their precise schedule be rearranged to do the inside chores while it's raining and complete the outdoor tasks when it's sunny or will Bill and George's Excellent Job Service go out of business?
* Train of Light - During a trip to Mabel's Department Store, George helps wrap presents, watches himself on TV, rides the escalator, and becomes fascinated by a lamp that casts a shadow of a moving train onto the wall. When George tries to leave the store, the door is locked and the lights shut off. George is trapped inside, so he gets to work creating his own signature lampshade that he hopes will grab the attention of the Man with the Yellow Hat. Will George's plan work or will George be spending the night in the store?
Auctioneer George/Sock Monkey Opera (#603H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Auctioneer George - George has one dollar to buy anything he wants at the Annual Corn Roast and Attic Auction, and he sets his sights on a pair of red elephant mittens. When the Man with the Yellow Hat leaves George alone, he bids...and bids...and wins! Only, he didn't realize how bidding works, and now he owes $100. While George tries to re-auction the mittens himself, Marco searches the city for the only person unique enough to pay $101 for red elephant mittens - Mr. Glass!
* Sock Monkey Opera - When Betsy gets the chicken pox and can't see her favorite opera, Hansel & Gretel, she sends George in her place. George loves the opera so much, he decides to cheer up Betsy by performing for his itchy friend. But how can one little monkey sing, dance, and act for an entire cast of characters?
Wind Symphony/George and Allie's Automated Car Wash (#606H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Wind Symphony - George is an expert at making noise, so Mr. Zoobel asks for his help in creating a one-of-a-kind rooftop Wind Symphony. George and Zoobel listen closely to the different sounds of everyday objects, whether it's banging pots, clinking silverware, or flapping laundry, and find the perfect instruments for a wind-powered orchestra. But as the crowd gathers below, the promised wind isn't arriving and George has to think of a way to save the day.
* George and Allie's Automated Car Wash - Spish! Spish! Blub blub! George and Allie are so impressed by Sprint Quint's automatic car wash that they decide to build their own...for toy cars! Remembering each stage of the car wash by the sound it makes, George and Allie assemble picnic benches, slippers, car mats, paint rollers and other everyday objects into a one-of-a-kind automatic toy wash. But will it be as successful as the full-sized car wash?
Feeling Antsy/Maple Monkey Madness (#607H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Feeling Antsy - George loves starting the day off with a big breakfast, but more food lands on the floor than in his mouth. As George cleans up his mess, he spots an army of ants, something the Man with the Yellow Hat warned his messy monkey about. With some help from his friend Hundley, can a monkey and dog come up with a plan to get rid of the unwelcome houseguests or does George have hundreds of new roommates?
* Maple Monkey Madness - George uses up all the maple syrup, leaving the Man with the Yellow Hat with a dry stack of flapjacks. George learns that maple syrup comes from trees, so he and Allie team up to replenish the Man's syrup supply. After tapping lots of trees, tasting bitter sap, and turning sap into syrup at the Renkins' sugar shack, George is finally able to bring home syrup for the Man...just in time for dinner!
- KQED Plus: Mon, Dec 14, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Dj George/Curious George Paints The Desert (#608H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* DJ George - It's George's lucky day when the Man with the Yellow Hat wins tickets to a Bonnie Smooth concert over the radio. But at the radio station, George's luck turns when he accidentally locks himself into the DJ booth just as Bonnie Smooth herself is scheduled to call in for an interview. Can a DJ teach a monkey how to operate a radio station through a sound proof window in time for the big call? * Curious George Paints the Desert - While visiting the Quints during their desert vacation, George is thrilled when his new Native American friend makes a colorful sand painting of the happy monkey. But a jackrabbit runs through the painting, ruining the work of art and making George not so happy. George decides to make his own painting to replace the ruined one, but when he doesn't have the correct color of sand, he turns to food to help dye it the right color.
Honey of a Monkey/Curious George's Egg Hunt (#705H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Honey of a Monkey - George and Steve are in a sticky situation when they accidentally eat all of Betsy's honeycomb. Will their homemade beehive produce enough honeycomb in time for Betsy's Earth Day presentation, or will she be buzzing mad?
* Curious George's Egg Hunt - George and Allie have discovered an egg in the grass with no nest in sight. Where is the egg's mother? They search high and low to find the right bird's nest but no egg will match. Could it be another kind of animal is inside the tiny round shell?
Junky Monkey/Jumpy Warms Up (#609H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Junky Monkey - Steve is appointed head of Pretty City Committee Pod 7 on a mission to lead George, the Man with the Yellow Hat, Aunt Margaret, Betsy, and Charkie to clean up litter in their neighborhood. But where others see trash, George sees treasures hidden in alleys, sidewalk, and recycling bins. He takes his findings up to his apartment and sorts them by shape and size, transforming his collection into a masterpiece worthy to be hung at City Hall. But will the mayor agree or call it junk?
* Jumpy Warms Up - One cold winter's day, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat find an unexpected houseguest living in their country home -- Jumpy Squirrel! While the Man insulates their home to keep heat in and squirrels out, George worries that Jumpy's nest won't keep his friend warm enough through the winter. George decides to build Jumpy a winter proof house, and much to Jumpy's surprise, the monkey's squirrel resort is pretty cozy!
- KQED 9: Wed, Dec 16, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Wed, Dec 16, 2015 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Fri, Dec 18, 2015 -- 8:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Fri, Dec 18, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Tue, Dec 22, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Dec 26, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sun, Dec 27, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
No Knowing Gnocchi/Here Comes The Tide (#610H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* No Knowing Gnocchi - Chef Pisghetti has done everything he can think of to please Gnocchi. He replaced the door she's always scratching, removed the old carpet that got her dirty, and even cleaned out all the debris from the alley. So why is his beloved cat spending so much time away from home? George decides to follow Gnocchi on her adventures to figure out what causes his cat friend to leave home and roam.
* Here Comes the Tide - When a treasure hunt at the beach leaves George and Marco staring into a big, empty hole, they decide to bury their own treasure chest. But after a swim with a friendly dolphin, they return and discover the tide moved their treasure chest down shore, and it's completely empty! Will the boys recover their missing treasure, or has the tide washed it away forever?
George and Allie's Lawn Service/Curious George's Scavenger Hunt (#706H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George and Allie's Lawn Service - George and Allie are crazy about Mr.Renkins' new kids -- baby goats named Suzy and Sammy. But when the goats keep escaping their pen and chewing on everything in sight, can George and Allie find a way to keep their new friends penned up?
*Curious George's Scavenger Hunt - It's a race around the city as George, Marco, and Chef Pisghetti go on a shape-finding scavenger hunt to raise money for the animal shelter. They find rectangles, stars, and circles, but how are they ever going to find 100 diamonds?
We Otter Be Friends/Sir George and the Dragon (#702H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* We Otter Be Friends - After an otter swims away with Mr. Quint's boat keys, a stranded George tries everything he can to retrieve them. But the otter is a faster swimmer, a quicker runner, and a better hider than George. Can George out-otter the otter and get the keys back?
* Sir George and the Dragon - George is starring in his first play. Under the hot stage lights, George falls asleep and dreams he's a guarding a medieval castle! Can the clever monkey figure out how to keep Dragon Charkie out of the castle and be the hero of the play?
Curious George Goes for 100/Fearless George (#804H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Curious George Goes for 100 - It's Lake Wannasink Lake's 100th anniversary and George is in charge of the main attraction - the town's 100-year-old-flag with 10 stripes and 100 stars. When the stripes accidentally blow away, George runs around the countryside to retrieve them. Can George reassemble the flag in time for the big unveiling?
* Fearless George - "Fearless George" and his comrades (aka Steve and Betsy) are playing a make-believe adventure with George's toys. But putting away toys only to set them up again the next day really eats into play time. Is there a way to store the toys without destroying the set? Sounds like a job for "Fearless George!"
Where's The Firedog?/Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye (#704H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Where's the Firedog? - George's canine friend Blaze keeps running away from the firehouse. When Blaze winds up in the animal shelter, George and his firefighter friend Sam learn how to keep her safe by putting a tag on her collar, walking her on a leash, and making sure she's never lonely.
* Toot Toot Tootsie Goodbye - Toots the blues-singing germ is back and the Man with the Yellow Hat has a cold. George chases Toots out of the Man but now the germ wants to spread to other people. Can George stop Toots before they catch the infectious tune?
- KQED Plus: Mon, Dec 21, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Toy Monkey/George and Allie's Game Plan (#801H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Toy Monkey - George is ecstatic. Great Aunt Sylvia dropped by with a special present - a toy front loader that's...defective? No problem! Aunt Sylvia and George take the front loader back to the toy factory. But they find a room full of broken toys and no one to fix them. What will they do? With a hand drill, pickles, and a little ingenuity. .. anything is possible
* George and Allie's Game Plan - It's "fair day" at the elementary school and Allie is determined to win the giant stuffed bear. But knocking down all the ducks is not as easy as it looks (or quacks). George builds a practice game at home complete with quacking sounds. Will Allie's practice and perseverance help her win the bear?
Monkey Down Under/Bright Lights, Little Monkey (#701H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Monkey Down Under - G'Day Mate! George and The Man with the Yellow Hat visit the land down under for an Australian outback safari adventure! While the Man goes sightseeing for sea cows, George stays behind to investigate footprints in the sand. Could it be a mysterious hopping clown rabbit? Or perhaps...a baby kangaroo!
* Bright Lights, Little Monkey - George, Allie, and Bill go on a late-night search for a mysterious creature - the Perseids. But taking pictures in the dark is hard enough without making noise to scare away their camera-shy guests. They'll need a new way to communicate...in a flash!
- KQED 9: Tue, Dec 22, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Tue, Dec 22, 2015 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Kids: Fri, Dec 25, 2015 -- 12:30pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Sun, Dec 27, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED 9: Sun, Dec 27, 2015 -- 8:30am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Mon, Dec 28, 2015 -- 7:00am Remind me
- KQED Kids: Sat, Jan 2, 2016 -- 7:00am Remind me
George's Backwards Flight Plan/Curious George, Hog Trainer (#803H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George's Backwards Flight Plan - Help! Professor Wiseman is set to launch B.I.R.D., her bird migration tracking device, at sunset, but the remote control isn't functioning properly. Up is down. Left is right. Off is on. Can George and Marco master the tricky remote control in time or will this B.I.R.D. be flying North for the winter? * Curious George, Hog Trainer - George and Allie are determined to help Howie the Hog win a blue ribbon at the state fair, but the portly pig doesn't like to train for the competition. Once they figure out how to keep Howie clean, George and Allie use their creativity to find ways to keep Howie motivated and cool while exercising. Will Howie be in hog heaven this year and win the blue ribbon?
Big, Bad Hundley/George's Simple Siphon (#805H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Big, Bad Hundley - When Hundley notices a big dog named Goliath helping the Doorman in the lobby, he wishes he were taller. George and Marco try to help the dachshund by giving him stilts, platform shoes, and even a fun house mirror to makes Hundley look big. But nothing cheers Hundley up until he figures out that good things come in all sizes!
* George's Simple Siphon - On the first hot day of summer, George, Bill and Allie decide to take a dip in Bill's pool only to discover that the pool is filled with algae! Even oars, rubber boots, pots, pans, and yellow rain hats won't empty the green water. Hot and tired, George gets a refreshing idea while sipping lemonade from his super long straw. Simple siphon to the rescue!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Dec 23, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Monkey Hoedown/Curious George Clowns Around (#802H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Monkey Hoedown - The Man with the Yellow Hat can't wait to join the Uptown Bluegrass Band for a good old-fashioned country hoedown. When George accidentally ruins the Man's guitar while trying to clean it, George and Allie decide to make a new guitar! With a shoestring, rubber band, fishing wire, and yoyo, George creates the world's first monkey birdhouse bandolin
* Curious George Clowns Around - George and the Man with the Yellow Hat are excited to visit the Clown College for Pepe El Loco's Big Show. While the Man tries to find a parking spot, George is mistaken for a messenger clown and is tasked with picking up parts for a top-secret gadget for Pepe. While navigating his way through the building, will George figure out a way to keep track of what floor he's on in time to make it to Pepe's big show?
Red Planet Monkey/Tortilla Express (#806H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Red Planet Monkey - George is thrilled to visit Pizza and Einstein's Space Center to help solve a problem with the Mars rover. But a sleepy monkey falls asleep and wakes to discover that he and the Man with the Yellow Hat are going to Mars! Can the curious little monkey figure out what's been gumming up the rover's controls? Or was it all just a wonderful dream?
* Tortilla Express - When the grocer runs out of masa (cornmeal), George and Marco are worried they won't be able to make Marco's famous tortillas for his abuela's birthday. Thankfully, Uncle Enrique makes it his mission to find the key ingredient. During their ride on the "Tortilla Express," all three learn where masa comes from and how it gets from the farm to Marco's table.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Dec 28, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Submonkey/Double-O Monkey Tracks Trouble (#901H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* When Professor Pizza's birthday present is dragged away by a strong ocean current, George volunteers to take an undersea adventure in a monkey-sized submarine to retrieve it. Can the curious little monkey locate a small package at the bottom of the ocean or will Pizza's present be forever lost at sea?
* Double-Oh-Monkey takes on his most important case yet - to prevent Steve's well-intentioned (but always disastrous) "good luck present" from ruining Betsy's dance recital! Using his super spy skills and all five of his senses, George tracks down Steve and discovers... a bucket of wet paint?! Can George warn Betsy in time? Or will her dance recital get a splash of color?
Monkey Goes Batty/Curious George and the Balloon Hound (#902H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* A hole in the roof means George and the Man with the Yellow Hat must sleep in the living room while their bedrooms are being repaired. But their adventure quickly turns into a disaster when George's nightly trips to the kitchen keep the Man awake at night. Can George figure out a way to quietly find his way to the refrigerator in the dark?
* George and Hundley are amazed by all the flying machines at the museum's aviation exhibit. So when Hundley's souvenir airship flies out of reach in the lobby, he dreams he is British flying ace, Leftenant Doxie. Joined by the daring flyboy Chuck Monkey, the dynamic duo use propeller power as they race towards the finish line. When Hundley awakens from his dream, he has a few new ideas on how to get his ceiling bound toy within reach.
Monkey Underground/Cat Mother (#202) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Cat Mother - Professor Wiseman entrusts George with Lucky, a tiny kitten too young to take care of herself. It's love at first sight for Lucky when she meets her first dog - Hundley, the proud lobby dachshund. But it's not such a fast friendship for Hundley, who sneezes when Lucky affectionately rubs against him. Hundley's allergic to cats! Lucky is inconsolable, having to stay away from her new friend, so George decides to build a substitute dog for Lucky. Can George use his sharp investigation and engineering skills to create an exact Hundley replica?
* Monkey Underground - When George stumbles across a gopher hole in the field near the country house, he suddenly finds himself inside a secret world of underground tunnels. Just below the mounds, Mama, Papa, and Junior Gopher have found a hiding place away from Mr. Gopher Getter - the man who plans to de-gopher the entire field. George warns his new pals about the looming trap. But only if George can dig super monkey-fast, and in the correct direction, will he be able to save his gopher friends from being removed from their home.
George's Photo Finish/Monkey Mystery Gift (#903H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George's Photo Finish - Today is the big unveiling of the Ankylosaurus dinosaur skeleton at the Museum, but it's missing a leg! George and the Man with the Yellow Hat thought they delivered all 4 bones. Where did the 4th bone go? Fortunately, Mr. Quint took pictures on their way to the Museum. Maybe the photos can lead them to the bone...if they can only figure out which order to put them in. * Monkey Mystery Gift - George and Allie's imaginations run wild as they brainstorm what could be in the large unmarked box on George's doorstep. Based on its weight, sound, smell, and bristly hair, they're certain it's a baby goat! But what's really inside surprises them more than anything they could have ever imagined.
Georges Curious Dragon Dance/Bowling for Bobolinks (#905H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George and Marco are excited to help their new friend Lily practice the dragon dance for the Chinese New Year parade! But when they accidentally ruin the nose on the dragon costume, it's a race against the clock to fix it in time. Can a monkey mend a dragon or will this New Years be out of luck?
* Monkeys love bowling, especially when high scores raise money for their favorite songbird - the bobolink! But when George finds himself dodging runaway balls and flying shoes, he worries the charity event will be a bust. Could mixed-up bowling shoes be causing the chaos?
- KQED Plus: Wed, Dec 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious Georges Amazon Adventure/Monkey Senses (#906H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* To raise awareness for the rainforest, Professor Wiseman enlists George and the Man with the Yellow Hat to help make a movie about the different plants, animals, and insects that call it home. But when a frisky tamarin monkey runs off with their camera, the chase is on! Will George's jungle instincts lead him to the camera or is the movie over before the big premiere?
* When George, Gnocchi, Hundley and Bill get stuck in the back of a delivery truck and end up lost, what's the one thing they have in common? Their senses! George's eyes, Gnocchi's nose, and Hundley's ears provide the memory clues they need to figure out the way back. And with the help of Steve's brain, home is just hop, skip and boat ride away!
Curious George Flies A Kite/From Scratch (#101) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Flies a Kite: A gusty morning at the country house leads George to experiment with aerodynamics. In the wind, birds soar, ping-pong balls roll, and bricks don't move at all. But the best thing of all for a windy day is a kite. George, with the not-so-willing assistance of Jumpy Squirrel, discovers the wonders and the perils of kite flying.
* From Scratch: Gnocchi, the cat, is accused of scratching the booths in Chef Pisghetti's restaurant. To prove Gnocchi's innocence (and eat cannoli), George decides to mount an investigation. Using his scientific inquiry skills, he observes the differences between the scratches Gnocchi makes with her claws and the scratches left on the booth and shows that his friend was wrongfully accused.
Curious George's Home for Pigeons/Out of Order (#102) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George's Home for Pigeons: Compass may be a homing pigeon but sometimes he has trouble finding his way home. George decides to make him a place to stay on their balcony. After much experimentation, George creates a tree that The Man with the Yellow Hat might not recognize but in Compass's eyes is the perfect pigeon perch.
* Out of Order: When George sees a very nice lady leaving packages behind everywhere she goes, he figures she must be very forgetful. He decides to be helpful by gathering up all the packages for her. When Betsy explains to George that the nice lady is actually the mail carrier, they have to figure out a system to match the packages up with the correct address and return them fast!
- KQED 9: Fri, Jan 1, 2016 -- 8:00am Remind me
Zeros to Donuts/Curious George, Stain Remover (#103) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Zeros to Donuts: When George learns about the meaning and power of zero, he is ready to test out his knowledge. The perfect opportunity arises when he's sent to the donut shop for one dozen donuts. But when he adds a couple of zeros, he's surprised to find out he gets one hundred dozen. Now he has to figure out what to do with all those extra donuts before The Man with the Yellow Hat notices.
* Curious George, Stain Remover: George spills grape juice on the new rug and needs to figure out a way to clean it up before The Man with the Yellow Hat returns! Too much soap and too much water make matters worse. With the help of the barnyard animals (and some simple engineering), George uses the Renkins' water pump to clean up the mess.
Buoy Wonder/Roller Monkey (#104) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Buoy Wonder: Today is a big day for Bill. He's entering his boat in the Model Boat Show! But George discovers that the boat sinks and to keep Bill's hopes for a prize afloat, he decides to build a new boat. After some trial and error, George finds out which building materials sink and which float.
* Roller Monkey: A monkey on roller skates seems unlikely until Mr. And Mrs. Dulson ask George to wear a pair in front of their toy store to attract customers. George's skating rolls out of control, so Hundley steps in to help. Soon George, Hundley, and even Gnocchi find themselves learning about momentum and inertia at a rapid downhill pace.
Curious George On Time/Curious George's Bunny Hunt (#105) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George On Time - After accidentally breaking Professor Wiseman's cuckoo clock, George decides to explore the inside of the BIG library clock to see how it works. When the big clock stops working too, Mr. Reloj, the local clockmaker, comes to the rescue. With Mr. Reloj's help, George discovers how to use various tools to make the clocks tick again.
* Curious George's Bunny Hunt - In the country, George falls in love with neighbor Bill's new pet bunnies. They are so irresistible that when Bill leaves to do his paper route, George just has to pet one. But as soon as he opens the bunny hutch, they all escape. By following their footprints and careful counting, George restores order and returns the missing bunnies to their home.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 4, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George Takes A Job/Curious George Takes Another Job - (Part 1 & 2) (#106) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Takes a Job - Following his nose, George sniffs his way to Chef Pisghetti's Ristorante where he finds Gnocchi the cat being tormented by her enormous ribbon. While the Chef is cooking up a meal to tempt a restaurant critic, George and Gnocchi experiment with kitchen magic. They learn that when cooking, not everything becomes floppy like spaghetti and some things don't really belong in the pasta pot.
* Curious George Takes Another Job - After George's success helping Chef Pisghetti impress the restaurant critic, the Chef suggests that George help his friend Mr. Glass wash the windows of his skyscraper-The Glass Palace. A perfect job for a little monkey! But maybe not a curious monkey because George can't help but be distracted by some amazing shadows he sees inside the windows.
Curious George, Door Monkey/Curious George Goes Up the River (#107) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George, Door Monkey: As lobby dog, it's Hundley's job to keep everything in order. But when George finds some intriguingly shaped packages, the lobby is soon filled with tennis, bowling, and golf balls and a ton of empty boxes! George and Hundley scramble to put the balls back in the right size boxes before the ball-collector tenant comes to retrieve his packages!
* Curious George Goes Up the River - George is supposed to be feeding the ducks while The Man with the Yellow Hat helps Mrs. Renkins look for her lost baby chicks. But somehow, "feeding the ducks" turns into a trip down the river for George and Jumpy. At first, it's fun, but soon George and Jumpy realize they're getting pretty far from home. With the help of some familiar landmarks, they make their way back safely-and the baby chicks find them!
Curious George and the Invisible Sound/Curious George, A Peeling Monkey (#108) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George and the Invisible Sound - While trying to record different animal sounds in the country, George discovers some amazing things about the dynamics of sound: the closer he gets, the louder the sound; the further away he is, the quieter the sound. Then he discovers one he's never heard before. He follows the direction of the sound throughout the house until he finds... a cricket?! How can something so small make such a big noise?
* Curious George, A Peeling Monkey - George really can't wait to see what's inside Professor Wiseman's birthday present. Because he's a good little monkey, he leaves the present in one piece, but he distracts himself by "unwrapping" everything else around him. George learns that lots of things have covers, and for many different reasons. Even the bathroom walls are covered with wallpaper! But not for long...
Curious George, Dog Counter/Squirrel for a Day (#109) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George, Dog Counter - It's Dog Show Day! George and Professor Wiseman spend the day with all kinds of different dogs: big, small, hairy - and hungry. With the help of his sandwich, George tempts the winning dogs to follow him home to show The Man with the Yellow Hat. Once there, George can't keep track of all the dogs, so he and a worried Hundley come up with creative ways to sort and count the dogs in the apartment.
* Squirrel For a Day - When Bill shows George how Jumpy Squirrel stores his food in the ground, George decides this is a pretty good idea and tries to store all the food in the country house in the ground too. The Man with the Yellow Hat rescues their supplies and tries to explain that they should only put things in the ground if they want them to grow. That sounds like another great plan. George tries to see what else might grow-will car keys grow into a car? Will a rubber band grow into an inner tube?
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 6, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George Discovers The Poles/Curious George Finds His Way (#110) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Discovers the "Poles" - George is thrilled when Bill asks him to look after his tadpoles. He conscientiously feeds them and even decides to give them a little vacation in the lagoon. But the tadpoles disappear and George worries that he's lost Bill's pets forever. After weeks of searching, George is ready to give up hope, until he learns that the tadpoles haven't vanished; they've grown into frogs!
* Curious George Finds His Way - Hundley and George get locked out of the building in the back alley. While trying to find their way back in, they get hopelessly lost. To make matters worse, it starts to get dark. It isn't until they begin to hear some familiar sounds they realize that with the combination of Hundley's sharp ears and George's good memory of what they'd heard along the way, they can find their way home.
Water to Ducks/Animal Magnetism (#111) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Water to Ducks - After a big rain, George is ecstatic to discover ducks swimming in a big puddle next to the country house. But the puddle starts to shrink and the ducks begin to fly away. How can George keep that puddle from evaporating so he and Jumpy can continue to play peek-a-boo with that cute baby duck?
* Animal Magnetism - On a mission to find magnets to hang his newest masterpiece on the refrigerator, George learns a lot about magnets. His new knowledge comes in handy when he has to save his precious artwork from a giant magnetic crane at the junkyard.
Doctor Monkey/Curious George The Architect (#112) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Doctor Monkey - When George accompanies The Man with the Yellow Hat to Dr. Baker's office for his annual check-up, he discovers that a stethoscope is a pretty handy thing to have around when you're trying to solve a puzzle involving a mysterious sound.
* Curious George the Architect - Mr. Glass is building a new skyscraper in the neighborhood, and George and Gnocchi think that his construction site is more fun than a playground. George learns how bulldozers, cement mixers and jackhammers work, and why it's not a good idea to let a monkey operate them.
Zoo Night/Charkie Escapes (#113) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Zoo Night - George is so entranced by the new, adorable baby panda at the zoo that he stays through closing time and is accidentally locked inside. While trying to find the way out, he mistakenly opens a few wrong doors and finds himself surrounded by gorillas, giraffes, meerkats, and penguins! Now George has to use his map of the zoo to put all the animals back in the correct habitats before they wake up the baby panda!
* Charkie Escapes - Dog sitting Charkie is always a challenge but it's especially difficult today when George really wants to practice his soccer kicks. Every time George comes up with a way of keeping Charkie tied up, Charkie comes up with a way of slipping out of her leash. It takes all of George's problem solving skills to find a way to keep Charkie from running away...until George discovers that she likes playing soccer too.
Candy Counter/Curious George, Rescue Monkey (#118) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Candy Counter: Eating candy is easy, but counting and sorting it is much more difficult! George quickly learns this when he agrees to watch Cayley's candy counter for an afternoon. While trying to stack the chocolates into different shapes, they all fall over, and George can't remember which candy is what! With help from a few customers, and a little sampling, George discovers how to sort the candies by color and shape.
* Curious George, Rescue Monkey: George is inspired to become a volunteer with the fire department when they help him get his foot unstuck from a chair. He spends the day with Andie, Stig and Stew of Rescue Squad 86 and has fun trying out all the special fire fighting tools. But when Compass gets trapped at the museum, a little monkey ends up being the best tool for the job.
The Truth About George Burgers/Curious George in the Dark (#119) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Truth About George Burgers: George accidentally loses a batch of Chef Pisghetti's newest creation: Giardino Burgers. And they need to be delivered to the Fireman's Picnic right away. Can George save the day by re-creating the Chef's recipe?
* Curious George in the Dark: Most of the time,George isn't afraid of the dark, but when he explores a mysterious cave, he decides that sometimes the dark can be a little scary. It doesn't get any better when a thunderstorm knocks the power out and the country house is in the dark. But with the help of his trusty flashlight, George conquers his fears and even shows Jumpy how to have some fun with shadows.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 11, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
The Clean, Perfect Yellow Hat/Bee Is for Bear (#120) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Clean, Perfect Yellow Hat -The yellow hat comes back from the dry cleaners so beautiful and clean that George can't help wanting to show it off to Compass the pigeon. But a little wind and an errant branch create a hole that needs to be fixed before The Man with the Yellow Hat comes home and finds it.
* Bee is for Bear - While exploring the country, George meets up with a baby bear and a stinging bee. No one believes that George has seen a bear, but they do try to help George learn more about bees. It takes a helping hand from the baby bear to save the bunnies from the bees and to prove to everyone that George knows a bear when he sees one.
Curious George Takes A Vacation/Curious George and the One That Got Away (#122) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Takes a Vacation: The Man with the Yellow Hat and George are off to the airport to start their vacation. When they get there, they discover that all the flights are delayed, and there's a long wait ahead. But with sliding doors, moving sidewalks, luggage carousels and beeping carts, George decides that the airport is a great place to spend his whole vacation.
* Curious George and the One That Got Away:George and Mr. Quint discover a fresh water eel in the waters of Lake Wanasink Lake. When Bill finds out, he proposes a contest to see who can catch it first. George has no fishing pole so he makes one from things he finds around the house. He's determined to catch the eel so he can set it free.
Surprise Quints/Muddy Monkey (#121) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Surprise Quints: It's Mr. Quint's birthday and everyone is helping with preparations for a surprise party. But Mr. Quint comes home early from his fishing trip so George is assigned the job of keeping him busy until it's time for the party. The job gets even more complicated when four of Mr. Quint's siblings arrive and they are all having the same birthday - could they be quintuplets? And can you keep five Quints happy with only twelve fish crackers to eat?
*Muddy Monkey: The Man with the Yellow Hat just can't figure out why George refuses to take a bath. What he doesn't realize is that George has lost his favorite bath toy, Sproingy the Frog. And until George finds Sproingy, all the shower games, car washes, and dog washes aren't going to do a bit of good. Unless of course, the dog being washed happens to be playing with a very special bubble making frog.
Monkey Size Me/Metal Detective (#505H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Monkey Size Me - It's hard being a little monkey in a big world. George tries to throw the Man with the Yellow Hat the perfect surprise party, but he orders a cake too big to fit in the freezer and he's too short to hang the decorations from the ceiling. George fantasizes about a life where everything is monkey-sized...where he could drive a monkey-sized car, order a monkey-sized cake, and even wear a monkey-sized yellow hat! But how would a monkey-sized party effect his regular sized guests?
* Metal Detective - There's no better way to spend a sunny afternoon than playing with your favorite robot on the beach. But when a sudden rainstorm has George and the Man with the Yellow Hat running for shelter, George is upset to learn that he left his robot resting in the sand. With Professor Wiseman's help, George makes a homemade metal detector to help him find his buried metal friend. Can a monkey rescue a robot using an alarm clock, tape, and a calculator?
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 18, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
The Elephant Upstairs/Being Hundley (#128) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Elephant Upstairs -George hears a loud thumping sound coming from the ceiling of their apartment and becomes convinced that the new upstairs neighbor has an elephant for a pet. When The Man with the Yellow Hat points out how unlikely that is, George decides to investigate further and comes to the conclusion that if it's not an elephant, it must be a Galapagos Turtle who eats a lot of crackers, likes to wrap presents, and use a juicer. When they finally pay their new neighbor a visit, the real story is even more interesting than George's theory.
* Being Hundley - George gets tired of being a monkey because monkeys have to clean their room, brush their teeth, and go to bed early. So he experiments with being a cat and a pigeon but decides that the best of all is to be a dog like Hundley. Hundley is not at all happy with this plan but doesn't manage to convince George that there's room for only one lobby dog at this apartment building. It takes an elevator getting stuck between floors to help George realize being a monkey can be pretty useful in a pinch.
George Fixes Betsy's Wagon/Curious George Takes A Drive (#129) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Fixes Betsy's Wagon - George and Steve borrow Betsy's wagon to pick up a package, but on the way they lose a wheel. To replace the wheel, they experiment with a piece of wood, some roller skates, and baby carriage wheels. Can they find some way to keep that wagon rolling? And what's in that giant package anyhow?
* Curious George Takes a Dive - George makes friends with a turtle down at Lake Wanasink Lake but worries that because the turtle has no thumbs, it's going to get a lot of water up its nose when it goes into the lake. The solution is to bring the turtle home and keep it in the bathtub. But the turtle is just not happy in the bathtub and when George brings home fish and weeds and frogs from the lake to keep it company, The Man with the Yellow Hat isn't very happy either.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 19, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
George-O-Matic/Curious George, Sheep Herder (#507H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George-O-Matic - George is entranced by the museum's newest addition: a vending machine full of levers, wheels, springs, and healthy snacks! So when George is put in charge of making the dessert for an important dinner party, he can think of nothing better than creating his own dessert dispensing vending machine - the George-O-Matic. One tiny design flaw: George asks Gnocci the cat to motor the machine, causing it to go into overdrive.
* Curious George, Sheep Herder - George buys a cool new scarf at the Country Fair, but with one tug on a loose strand of wool, the entire scarf unravels! While searching for sheep that will give him some wool for another scarf, George accidentally whistles, which sends Bo the sheepdog and his flock of sheep on a wild adventure through the country. Can George whistle his way out of this mess or will his baaaaaad day turn even worse?
Unbalanced/Curious George Vs. Winter (#130) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Unbalanced - The Amazing Balancing Zucchinis come to town, and George realizes that there's nothing he wants more in life than to be an acrobat. But before he can join the troupe, he needs to learn a lot more about balance and help save an allergic tightrope walker from a very determined cat.
* Curious George vs. Winter - Winter is closing in and George is miserable - how's he going to survive without all the fun summertime activities he loves? When he decides to ignore the weather and play with his wading pool and his bubbles, he learns some interesting things about freezing and melting.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 20, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Up, Up and Away/Skunked (#201) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Up, Up and Away - A tether, a basket, and a heap of hot air: George discovers that it takes all three for a balloon to score a successful lift-off. As Mrs. Renkins demonstrates how a hot-air balloon works, George and Bill bound into the basket and they soon find themselves accidentally airborne - alone! Will Mrs. Renkins and The Man with the Yellow Hat ever catch up with the flying duo? Not before George and Bill's windy flight path carries them on quite an adventure - and toward an array of feathered friends who land on their basket. And when one of the birds gets trapped in the balloon, it gives them the idea they need to help get them down to earth.
* Skunked - There's a strange-looking cat eating George's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But wait, it's not a cat, it's a skunk! And George is fascinated. After trying and failing to make friends with the creature several times - and being subjected to multiple baths of tomato juice after repeatedly getting "skunked" - George is relieved to get back to the city and away from all of those smelly encounters. What he doesn't realize is that he and The Man inadvertently brought along their new "friend" in a picnic basket - and that one little skunk is about to wreak a whole lot of havoc in a certain apartment building.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 22, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George's Rocket Ride/Curious George, Station Master (#114) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George's Rocket Ride - The International Space Station's food supply has run out, and George is the only one who has the unique skills needed to fly the rocket and deliver the supplies. But George can't help but be curious about what's in those interesting looking containers. Before you know it, George has quite a mess to clean up before the supplies can be launched. Luckily, George's experience with cleaning his room and his knowledge of how shapes fit together helps him put it away in time to get the astronauts their supplies.
* Curious George, Station Master - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat offer to pick up Bill when his train comes in and when he gets there, Flint Quint, the station master, shows George how he keeps the trains running smoothly and arriving on time. While Flint is eating lunch, George decides he wants to try his hand at being station master and while everything starts off smoothly, pretty soon trains are off schedule, out of order, and very confused. Mr. Quint comes to the rescue, and they put the trains back in the correct number order before they reach the station.
Curious George and the Dam Builders/Curious George's Low High Score (#115) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George and the Dam Builders - George gets acquainted with a family of beavers when he notices the impact their dam has on his favorite pond. Building a dam looks like so much fun that George decides to build his own. But when a sudden downpour sweeps both dams away, George and the beavers have to figure out how to repair the damage together or their beloved pond won't be a good place for beavers or monkeys!
* Curious George's Low High Score - George can't understand why his high score of 257 isn't a winner when he plays his first game of mini-golf with Steve and Betsy. How can a small number be worth more than a big number? After getting the lowdown on the principles of mini-golf, George is determined to get a low score next time, and so he builds his own mini-golf course for practice.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 25, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
George Makes A Stand/Curious George Sees The Light (#117) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Makes a Stand - To earn money for a new soccer ball, George decides to set up his own lemonade stand. With help from Betsy, the stand is such a success that there are too many customers and not enough lemonade. In the nick of time, George remembers a trick that the Doorman showed him-make two glasses out of one by dividing. All the customers are satisfied, and now all George has to figure out is how to explain to The Man with the Yellow Hat what happened to all his lemonade.
* Curious George Sees the Light - A new traffic light is installed on the country road and George decides that it would really work a lot better with a few adjustments. But George's fixes don't have the desired effect-traffic gets backed up and even Jumpy can't get across the street to find his nuts! George has to work with Officer Quint to fix the light and get a better understanding of just what those red, yellow and green lights mean.
Curious George Sees Stars/Curious George Gets A Trophy (#116) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Sees Stars - George is determined to count all the stars in the sky but he just can't stay awake long enough to finish. And when he goes back to the city it's even more difficult-the stars have disappeared! Will George be able to come up with a system to keep track of his count? And exactly where do all the stars go when George goes to the city?
* Curious George Gets a Trophy - As a reward for helping him wash dishes at the restaurant, Chef Pisghetti gives George an ice cream sculpture in the shape of Gnocchi the cat. George really wants to show The Man with the Yellow Hat his new trophy, but the ice cream keeps melting! After a few melted dishes, George learns a whole lot about what happens to ice cream outside of the freezer.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 26, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Keep Out Cows/Curious George and the Missing Piece (#124) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Keep Out Cows: George loves Leslie the cow but do she and her friends have to keep eating all those beautiful wildflowers that he wants to show The Man with the Yellow Hat? George works against time and the cows' appetites to come up with a wall strong enough to save the flowers.
* Curious George and the Missing Piece: When George discovers a bone buried in the ground, he's convinced it's got to be part of a dinosaur skeleton-but which one? When none of the dinosaurs in the museum are missing a piece, George uses his best scientific sleuthing skills to match the bone to the animal. Is the bone from a completely new kind of animal? And why is Charkie always chasing after him to steal that bone away?
Camping with Hundley/Curious George vs. The Turbo Python 3000 (#125) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Camping With Hundley: George loves his very first camping trip so much that he wants to go again as soon as possible. But The Man with the Yellow Hat is just too busy so the Doorman volunteers to take George and Hundley in his fancy trailer with GPS, satellite dish, and microwave. When a thunderstorm knocks out the power, George comes to the rescue by using his old-fashioned camping tools to help them make it through the rainy night and back home safely.
* Curious George vs. The Turbo Python 3000: George isn't tall enough to ride the greatest rollercoaster of all time, The Turbo Python 3000. He uses licorice whips to measure his height and determines that he is 7-whips tall, one short of the 8-whip minimum! As he nibbles on his licorice, George looks for different ways to grow. His efforts seem to pay off when he measures himself again until he realizes that it's not that his legs are longer, it's that his stomach is fuller.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 27, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Housebound!/Curious George Rides A Bike (#126) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Housebound! - George learns the hard way about bones when he falls at the museum while exploring a dinosaur skeleton and breaks his leg. A visit to the hospital, a cast on his leg, and a cane aren't enough to keep George down, especially when Hundley steps in to help.
*Curious George Rides a Bike - George loves his new bike, especially because it gives him the chance to help Bill with his paper route. But he gets distracted by some ducks, makes some paper boats out of the newspapers, and then, trying to fix his mistake, hits a big rock that bends his bicycle wheel out of shape. Can Mrs. Renkins find the right tools to help him fix his bike so he can find some dry papers, finish the paper route, and keep his promise to Bill? Educational Objective (Engineering): To demonstrate the importance of using the correct tool to adjust and repair things.
The All-Animal Recycled Band/The Times of Sand (#127) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The All-Animal Recycled Band - George recruits Charkie, Gnocchi, Hundley and Compass to play in a band inspired by the firefighters at Rescue Squad 86. For instruments, George gets creative and uses keys, rice in a milk carton, a birdseed canister with rubber bands, and a pie tin. Now all he has to do is figure out a way to get two dogs, a cat, and a bird to play music together.
* The Times of Sand - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat have a sand castle building contest at the beach. With the help of Bill and Momma Bunny, George builds a great castle and learns about how to avoid losing your castle to the incoming tide.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 28, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Up A Tree/Curious George and the Trash (#203) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Up A Tree: When George tires of table manners and house rules, he decides to build a tree house in the country yard - a nest of his own where using his feet to eat corn on the cob and to paint on the walls would be perfectly acceptable. Armed with his Handy Monkey Tool Set, George gathers as many building materials as possible. But he quickly learns that creating a house from scratch just might take more than a pile of plywood and a handful of nails. What he needs is a design plan to make this work - and forgiveness for accidentally stealing supplies from Quint's dock and Mrs. Renkin's chicken coop!
* Curious George and the Trash: Just as he is preparing to have his new driver's license photo taken, The Man with the Yellow Hat suddenly finds himself hatless - thanks to George, who accidentally crushes it. After dropping the hat off at the dry-cleaner to have it fixed, The Man asks George to wait at home for it to be delivered while he goes on a neighborhood jog. But when the hat arrives, George mistakes it for a look-a-like garbage box and tosses it down the trash chute. George's desperate attempt to recover his friend's most prized possession leads the monkey on a race through the labyrinth of the city's garbage system.
Curious George Gets All Keyed Up/Gutter Monkey (#204) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George gets All Keyed Up: Betsy prepares to play the xylophone at a school concert one evening, and George, who has always been mesmerized by Betsy's music, volunteers to deliver the xylophone to Betsy's school while she goes to the beautician that afternoon. Betsy's brother Steve also promises to help, but when he becomes distracted by his videogame, they lose track of time and have to get the xylophone out the door very quickly. So George and Steve take all the keys out in a hurry - and when George gets to the school he realizes that he's forgotten what order they go in! Will George be able to fix the xylophone, or will Betsy's beautiful tunes become suddenly and horribly "out of key"? * Gutter Monkey: It's bowling night! George cheers on The Man with the Yellow Hat and then tries to get the ball rolling himself. But when George rolls, it's always a gutter ball. Back at home, George polishes the Man's bowling ball before the big tournament and it looks so good he decides to test it out on the curvy front lawn - but all of those ruts and hills can sure ruin a monkey's game! And things don't exactly look up, er, straight, when George takes it inside and discovers that a smooth surface in the dining room can spell trouble for the plates in the china cabinet. Will George be able to get the ball under control and to the bowling alley in time for the Man's competition?
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 29, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me