Based on the best-selling Curious George books by Margret and H. A. Rey, and narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy, this series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and original locales, while maintaining the charm of the beloved books. Each episode includes two animated stories followed by short live-action pieces showing real kids who are investigating the ideas that George introduces in his stories. The series aims to inspire kids to explore science, math and engineering in the world around them.
Wind Symphony/George and Allie's Automated Car Wash (#606H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Wind Symphony - George is an expert at making noise, so Mr. Zoobel asks for his help in creating a one-of-a-kind rooftop Wind Symphony. George and Zoobel listen closely to the different sounds of everyday objects, whether it's banging pots, clinking silverware, or flapping laundry, and find the perfect instruments for a wind-powered orchestra. But as the crowd gathers below, the promised wind isn't arriving and George has to think of a way to save the day.
* George and Allie's Automated Car Wash - Spish! Spish! Blub blub! George and Allie are so impressed by Sprint Quint's automatic car wash that they decide to build their own...for toy cars! Remembering each stage of the car wash by the sound it makes, George and Allie assemble picnic benches, slippers, car mats, paint rollers and other everyday objects into a one-of-a-kind automatic toy wash. But will it be as successful as the full-sized car wash?
Dj George/Curious George Paints The Desert (#608H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* DJ George - It's George's lucky day when the Man with the Yellow Hat wins tickets to a Bonnie Smooth concert over the radio. But at the radio station, George's luck turns when he accidentally locks himself into the DJ booth just as Bonnie Smooth herself is scheduled to call in for an interview. Can a DJ teach a monkey how to operate a radio station through a sound proof window in time for the big call? * Curious George Paints the Desert - While visiting the Quints during their desert vacation, George is thrilled when his new Native American friend makes a colorful sand painting of the happy monkey. But a jackrabbit runs through the painting, ruining the work of art and making George not so happy. George decides to make his own painting to replace the ruined one, but when he doesn't have the correct color of sand, he turns to food to help dye it the right color.
George-O-Matic/Curious George, Sheep Herder (#507H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George-O-Matic - George is entranced by the museum's newest addition: a vending machine full of levers, wheels, springs, and healthy snacks! So when George is put in charge of making the dessert for an important dinner party, he can think of nothing better than creating his own dessert dispensing vending machine - the George-O-Matic. One tiny design flaw: George asks Gnocci the cat to motor the machine, causing it to go into overdrive.
* Curious George, Sheep Herder - George buys a cool new scarf at the Country Fair, but with one tug on a loose strand of wool, the entire scarf unravels! While searching for sheep that will give him some wool for another scarf, George accidentally whistles, which sends Bo the sheepdog and his flock of sheep on a wild adventure through the country. Can George whistle his way out of this mess or will his baaaaaad day turn even worse?
No Knowing Gnocchi/Here Comes The Tide (#610H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* No Knowing Gnocchi - Chef Pisghetti has done everything he can think of to please Gnocchi. He replaced the door she's always scratching, removed the old carpet that got her dirty, and even cleaned out all the debris from the alley. So why is his beloved cat spending so much time away from home? George decides to follow Gnocchi on her adventures to figure out what causes his cat friend to leave home and roam.
* Here Comes the Tide - When a treasure hunt at the beach leaves George and Marco staring into a big, empty hole, they decide to bury their own treasure chest. But after a swim with a friendly dolphin, they return and discover the tide moved their treasure chest down shore, and it's completely empty! Will the boys recover their missing treasure, or has the tide washed it away forever?
Go West, Young Monkey/Meet The New Neighbors (#508H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Go West, Young Monkey - The Doorman gets a special delivery - a Western Town to add to his amazing train set. He lets George, Steve, and Betsy assemble it, but they lose the final railroad pin that holds it all together! After helping them search, an exhausted Hundley dozes off and dreams that he's the deputy of an old West town where a stranger (George) loses the ceremonial pin that links the new railroad tracks. Can Deputy Hundley find the pin and save the day? < br />* Meet the New Neighbors - George ventures into the new neighborhood Vietnamese grocery store to buy carrots, cucumbers, and apples. He has a hard time finding the items on his list, so George buys the closest fruits and vegetables he can find: phat thu, mang cau ta, and kho qua. But the ingredients don't work in the Man with the Yellow Hat's recipes. Not wanting to take any more chances, George revisits the store, only this time he brings takeout and the storeowners back with him!
- KQED Plus: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 -- 2:00pm
George's Home Run/Monkey On Ice (#506H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George's Home Run - While Marco tries to hit his first Little League home run, George gets to play scorekeeper. Unfortunately, he can't remember the order of the numbers, so he isn't getting it quite right.Marco helps out by using a catchy song to teach George how to count from 1-10 and then George returns the favor by agreeing to be a pinch runner for an injured Marco. Can a speedy little monkey run the bases fast enough for Marco to get his first home run?
* Monkey on Ice - Bill wants to earn another Junior Sprout badge by constructing and sleeping in an igloo, inspiring George to build his own. Only George wants his igloo to have windows and be big enough to fit his friends and furniture--not small and cozy like Bill's. When George's huge ice house leaves him freezing cold, he decides to build one in a much warmer location--inside the country house.
Downhill Racer/Book Monkey (#502H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Downhill Racer - When George hears about the annual soapbox derby, he enlists Allie to help him make the coolest car a monkey could drive. But even with the help of Bill's instruction manual, building a car takes a lot of work and car parts sure are hard to find. Will their car made out of wagon wheels, a kayak, and brakes from a buggy race past the finish line or are they on a crash course?
* Book Monkey - George loves books and helping others, so volunteering to help the librarian is a no-brainer! But when she is called away, George may have volunteered for a bigger job than he expected. He does his best to reshelf books, but when people can't find what they're looking for, he starts over from scratch. After he sorts by the color, then size, then subject, how will the exhausted little monkey react when the librarian tells him that books are also sorted alphabetically?
Curious George's Home for Pigeons/Out of Order (#102) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George's Home for Pigeons: Compass may be a homing pigeon but sometimes he has trouble finding his way home. George decides to make him a place to stay on their balcony. After much experimentation, George creates a tree that The Man with the Yellow Hat might not recognize but in Compass's eyes is the perfect pigeon perch.
* Out of Order: When George sees a very nice lady leaving packages behind everywhere she goes, he figures she must be very forgetful. He decides to be helpful by gathering up all the packages for her. When Betsy explains to George that the nice lady is actually the mail carrier, they have to figure out a system to match the packages up with the correct address and return them fast!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Oct 26, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Follow That Boat/Windmill Monkey (#509H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Follow That Boat - Steve needs an A to pass his history class and his model papyrus boat is sure to make the grade. George helps him test the boat in Endless Park's pond, but a sudden rainstorm sweeps it down the sewer grate! While searching for the boat, Steve and George learn that debris from the street ends up in the ocean. Will they ever find Steve's little boat in the big ocean or will he be taking history again next year? Educational Objective: To recognize that waste needs to be disposed of properly to prevent unnecessary harm to the environment. To learn about a manmade system designed to reduce man's impact on the environment by working to maintain a clean and healthy environment.
* Windmill Monkey - George proudly finishes planting his rooftop garden when he turns around to find that Compass and his friends have eaten all the seeds. The scarecrow overlooking the garden didn't scare them at all! While buying more seeds, George spots a windmill and learns how the wind can power just about anything. The inspired monkey sets out to create the world's first wind powered scarecrow in hopes that will keep his seeds safe. But some things are more easily planned than done! Educational Objective: To recognize wind as an alternative and renewable source of energy capable of doing work.
Buoy Wonder/Roller Monkey (#104) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Buoy Wonder: Today is a big day for Bill. He's entering his boat in the Model Boat Show! But George discovers that the boat sinks and to keep Bill's hopes for a prize afloat, he decides to build a new boat. After some trial and error, George finds out which building materials sink and which float.
* Roller Monkey: A monkey on roller skates seems unlikely until Mr. And Mrs. Dulson ask George to wear a pair in front of their toy store to attract customers. George's skating rolls out of control, so Hundley steps in to help. Soon George, Hundley, and even Gnocchi find themselves learning about momentum and inertia at a rapid downhill pace.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George Flies A Kite/From Scratch (#101) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Flies a Kite: A gusty morning at the country house leads George to experiment with aerodynamics. In the wind, birds soar, ping-pong balls roll, and bricks don't move at all. But the best thing of all for a windy day is a kite. George, with the not-so-willing assistance of Jumpy Squirrel, discovers the wonders and the perils of kite flying.
* From Scratch: Gnocchi, the cat, is accused of scratching the booths in Chef Pisghetti's restaurant. To prove Gnocchi's innocence (and eat cannoli), George decides to mount an investigation. Using his scientific inquiry skills, he observes the differences between the scratches Gnocchi makes with her claws and the scratches left on the booth and shows that his friend was wrongfully accused.
Curious George On Time/Curious George's Bunny Hunt (#105) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George On Time - After accidentally breaking Professor Wiseman's cuckoo clock, George decides to explore the inside of the BIG library clock to see how it works. When the big clock stops working too, Mr. Reloj, the local clockmaker, comes to the rescue. With Mr. Reloj's help, George discovers how to use various tools to make the clocks tick again.
* Curious George's Bunny Hunt - In the country, George falls in love with neighbor Bill's new pet bunnies. They are so irresistible that when Bill leaves to do his paper route, George just has to pet one. But as soon as he opens the bunny hutch, they all escape. By following their footprints and careful counting, George restores order and returns the missing bunnies to their home.
The Big Picture/Juicy George (#402H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Big Picture - George loves imitating the Cerulean Warbler's distinct chirp and is aghast when the Man with the Yellow Hat tells him that his favorite bird is on the endangered species list. Not to worry, the Man just wrote a book to make people aware that the bird needs assistance. But unfortunately, stores don't want to carry the book because, at 1,400 pages, it looks like a boring scientific tome. Fortunately, George runs into Steve who has lots of idea for promoting his lemonade stand. This prompts George to come up with an idea of his own -- paint an empty billboard with a razzle-dazzle picture to help promote the book. Easier said than done and even when done, will it help sell the book and spread the bird word?
* Juicy George - George has never seen a farmer's market before and finding one on his doorstep is just about the best thing ever -- until he drinks Juicy Jay's special blended juice and then that's the best thing ever! When the farmer's market leaves and there's no more juice, the Man with the Yellow Hat and George decide they need their own juicer. As they start to unpack their new purchase, the Man gets called away. A smart monkey can figure out a juicer on his own and recreate the special juice, right? It's certainly not as easy as it seems and certainly not a mess-free process! Although he has a few missteps (amazing how mushed vegetables can fly all the way to the ceiling), George masters the juicer. But will he be able to make the juice he and the Man think is the best ever?
- KQED Kids: Wed, Nov 2, 2016 -- 12:30pm Remind me
Curious George, Door Monkey/Curious George Goes Up the River (#107) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George, Door Monkey: As lobby dog, it's Hundley's job to keep everything in order. But when George finds some intriguingly shaped packages, the lobby is soon filled with tennis, bowling, and golf balls and a ton of empty boxes! George and Hundley scramble to put the balls back in the right size boxes before the ball-collector tenant comes to retrieve his packages!
* Curious George Goes Up the River - George is supposed to be feeding the ducks while The Man with the Yellow Hat helps Mrs. Renkins look for her lost baby chicks. But somehow, "feeding the ducks" turns into a trip down the river for George and Jumpy. At first, it's fun, but soon George and Jumpy realize they're getting pretty far from home. With the help of some familiar landmarks, they make their way back safely-and the baby chicks find them!
- KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 2, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George, Dog Counter/Squirrel for a Day (#109) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George, Dog Counter - It's Dog Show Day! George and Professor Wiseman spend the day with all kinds of different dogs: big, small, hairy - and hungry. With the help of his sandwich, George tempts the winning dogs to follow him home to show The Man with the Yellow Hat. Once there, George can't keep track of all the dogs, so he and a worried Hundley come up with creative ways to sort and count the dogs in the apartment.
* Squirrel For a Day - When Bill shows George how Jumpy Squirrel stores his food in the ground, George decides this is a pretty good idea and tries to store all the food in the country house in the ground too. The Man with the Yellow Hat rescues their supplies and tries to explain that they should only put things in the ground if they want them to grow. That sounds like another great plan. George tries to see what else might grow-will car keys grow into a car? Will a rubber band grow into an inner tube?
Guest Monkey/Charkie Goes to School (#405H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Guest Monkey - George is almost as excited as Allie on her first day of school, but is ecstatic when she invites him to school the next day as a special guest monkey! He soon learns, though, that kindergarten has a lot of special rules that he's not used to - like not climbing on the furniture or standing in the sand table. Will George get extra credit for trying to follow the rules, or will his effort create one big mess?
* Charkie Goes to School - Charkie's building has a new rule - all dogs must have a good-behavior diploma from obedience school. After seeing Charkie struggle with the obstacle course, George recruits the academy's top alumni, Hundley, to help prepare Charkie for the final exam. Can George and Hundley figure out a way to get Charkie to cross the finish line amid all the distractions?
- KQED Kids: Thu, Nov 3, 2016 -- 12:30pm Remind me
Water to Ducks/Animal Magnetism (#111) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Water to Ducks - After a big rain, George is ecstatic to discover ducks swimming in a big puddle next to the country house. But the puddle starts to shrink and the ducks begin to fly away. How can George keep that puddle from evaporating so he and Jumpy can continue to play peek-a-boo with that cute baby duck?
* Animal Magnetism - On a mission to find magnets to hang his newest masterpiece on the refrigerator, George learns a lot about magnets. His new knowledge comes in handy when he has to save his precious artwork from a giant magnetic crane at the junkyard.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 3, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George and the Invisible Sound/Curious George, A Peeling Monkey (#108) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George and the Invisible Sound - While trying to record different animal sounds in the country, George discovers some amazing things about the dynamics of sound: the closer he gets, the louder the sound; the further away he is, the quieter the sound. Then he discovers one he's never heard before. He follows the direction of the sound throughout the house until he finds... a cricket?! How can something so small make such a big noise?
* Curious George, A Peeling Monkey - George really can't wait to see what's inside Professor Wiseman's birthday present. Because he's a good little monkey, he leaves the present in one piece, but he distracts himself by "unwrapping" everything else around him. George learns that lots of things have covers, and for many different reasons. Even the bathroom walls are covered with wallpaper! But not for long...
Curious George Discovers The Poles/Curious George Finds His Way (#110) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Discovers the "Poles" - George is thrilled when Bill asks him to look after his tadpoles. He conscientiously feeds them and even decides to give them a little vacation in the lagoon. But the tadpoles disappear and George worries that he's lost Bill's pets forever. After weeks of searching, George is ready to give up hope, until he learns that the tadpoles haven't vanished; they've grown into frogs!
* Curious George Finds His Way - Hundley and George get locked out of the building in the back alley. While trying to find their way back in, they get hopelessly lost. To make matters worse, it starts to get dark. It isn't until they begin to hear some familiar sounds they realize that with the combination of Hundley's sharp ears and George's good memory of what they'd heard along the way, they can find their way home.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 4, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Doctor Monkey/Curious George The Architect (#112) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Doctor Monkey - When George accompanies The Man with the Yellow Hat to Dr. Baker's office for his annual check-up, he discovers that a stethoscope is a pretty handy thing to have around when you're trying to solve a puzzle involving a mysterious sound.
* Curious George the Architect - Mr. Glass is building a new skyscraper in the neighborhood, and George and Gnocchi think that his construction site is more fun than a playground. George learns how bulldozers, cement mixers and jackhammers work, and why it's not a good idea to let a monkey operate them.
Zoo Night/Charkie Escapes (#113) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Zoo Night - George is so entranced by the new, adorable baby panda at the zoo that he stays through closing time and is accidentally locked inside. While trying to find the way out, he mistakenly opens a few wrong doors and finds himself surrounded by gorillas, giraffes, meerkats, and penguins! Now George has to use his map of the zoo to put all the animals back in the correct habitats before they wake up the baby panda!
* Charkie Escapes - Dog sitting Charkie is always a challenge but it's especially difficult today when George really wants to practice his soccer kicks. Every time George comes up with a way of keeping Charkie tied up, Charkie comes up with a way of slipping out of her leash. It takes all of George's problem solving skills to find a way to keep Charkie from running away...until George discovers that she likes playing soccer too.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 7, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Curious George's Rocket Ride/Curious George, Station Master (#114) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George's Rocket Ride - The International Space Station's food supply has run out, and George is the only one who has the unique skills needed to fly the rocket and deliver the supplies. But George can't help but be curious about what's in those interesting looking containers. Before you know it, George has quite a mess to clean up before the supplies can be launched. Luckily, George's experience with cleaning his room and his knowledge of how shapes fit together helps him put it away in time to get the astronauts their supplies.
* Curious George, Station Master - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat offer to pick up Bill when his train comes in and when he gets there, Flint Quint, the station master, shows George how he keeps the trains running smoothly and arriving on time. While Flint is eating lunch, George decides he wants to try his hand at being station master and while everything starts off smoothly, pretty soon trains are off schedule, out of order, and very confused. Mr. Quint comes to the rescue, and they put the trains back in the correct number order before they reach the station.
Curious George and the Dam Builders/Curious George's Low High Score (#115) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George and the Dam Builders - George gets acquainted with a family of beavers when he notices the impact their dam has on his favorite pond. Building a dam looks like so much fun that George decides to build his own. But when a sudden downpour sweeps both dams away, George and the beavers have to figure out how to repair the damage together or their beloved pond won't be a good place for beavers or monkeys!
* Curious George's Low High Score - George can't understand why his high score of 257 isn't a winner when he plays his first game of mini-golf with Steve and Betsy. How can a small number be worth more than a big number? After getting the lowdown on the principles of mini-golf, George is determined to get a low score next time, and so he builds his own mini-golf course for practice.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 8, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
George Makes A Stand/Curious George Sees The Light (#117) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Makes a Stand - To earn money for a new soccer ball, George decides to set up his own lemonade stand. With help from Betsy, the stand is such a success that there are too many customers and not enough lemonade. In the nick of time, George remembers a trick that the Doorman showed him-make two glasses out of one by dividing. All the customers are satisfied, and now all George has to figure out is how to explain to The Man with the Yellow Hat what happened to all his lemonade.
* Curious George Sees the Light - A new traffic light is installed on the country road and George decides that it would really work a lot better with a few adjustments. But George's fixes don't have the desired effect-traffic gets backed up and even Jumpy can't get across the street to find his nuts! George has to work with Officer Quint to fix the light and get a better understanding of just what those red, yellow and green lights mean.
Curious George Sees Stars/Curious George Gets A Trophy (#116) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George Sees Stars - George is determined to count all the stars in the sky but he just can't stay awake long enough to finish. And when he goes back to the city it's even more difficult-the stars have disappeared! Will George be able to come up with a system to keep track of his count? And exactly where do all the stars go when George goes to the city?
* Curious George Gets a Trophy - As a reward for helping him wash dishes at the restaurant, Chef Pisghetti gives George an ice cream sculpture in the shape of Gnocchi the cat. George really wants to show The Man with the Yellow Hat his new trophy, but the ice cream keeps melting! After a few melted dishes, George learns a whole lot about what happens to ice cream outside of the freezer.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 9, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
The Truth About George Burgers/Curious George in the Dark (#119) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Truth About George Burgers: George accidentally loses a batch of Chef Pisghetti's newest creation: Giardino Burgers. And they need to be delivered to the Fireman's Picnic right away. Can George save the day by re-creating the Chef's recipe?
* Curious George in the Dark: Most of the time,George isn't afraid of the dark, but when he explores a mysterious cave, he decides that sometimes the dark can be a little scary. It doesn't get any better when a thunderstorm knocks the power out and the country house is in the dark. But with the help of his trusty flashlight, George conquers his fears and even shows Jumpy how to have some fun with shadows.
The Clean, Perfect Yellow Hat/Bee Is for Bear (#120) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Clean, Perfect Yellow Hat -The yellow hat comes back from the dry cleaners so beautiful and clean that George can't help wanting to show it off to Compass the pigeon. But a little wind and an errant branch create a hole that needs to be fixed before The Man with the Yellow Hat comes home and finds it.
* Bee is for Bear - While exploring the country, George meets up with a baby bear and a stinging bee. No one believes that George has seen a bear, but they do try to help George learn more about bees. It takes a helping hand from the baby bear to save the bunnies from the bees and to prove to everyone that George knows a bear when he sees one.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 10, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Candy Counter/Curious George, Rescue Monkey (#118) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Candy Counter: Eating candy is easy, but counting and sorting it is much more difficult! George quickly learns this when he agrees to watch Cayley's candy counter for an afternoon. While trying to stack the chocolates into different shapes, they all fall over, and George can't remember which candy is what! With help from a few customers, and a little sampling, George discovers how to sort the candies by color and shape.
* Curious George, Rescue Monkey: George is inspired to become a volunteer with the fire department when they help him get his foot unstuck from a chair. He spends the day with Andie, Stig and Stew of Rescue Squad 86 and has fun trying out all the special fire fighting tools. But when Compass gets trapped at the museum, a little monkey ends up being the best tool for the job.
Surprise Quints/Muddy Monkey (#121) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Surprise Quints: It's Mr. Quint's birthday and everyone is helping with preparations for a surprise party. But Mr. Quint comes home early from his fishing trip so George is assigned the job of keeping him busy until it's time for the party. The job gets even more complicated when four of Mr. Quint's siblings arrive and they are all having the same birthday - could they be quintuplets? And can you keep five Quints happy with only twelve fish crackers to eat?
*Muddy Monkey: The Man with the Yellow Hat just can't figure out why George refuses to take a bath. What he doesn't realize is that George has lost his favorite bath toy, Sproingy the Frog. And until George finds Sproingy, all the shower games, car washes, and dog washes aren't going to do a bit of good. Unless of course, the dog being washed happens to be playing with a very special bubble making frog.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Keep Out Cows/Curious George and the Missing Piece (#124) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Keep Out Cows: George loves Leslie the cow but do she and her friends have to keep eating all those beautiful wildflowers that he wants to show The Man with the Yellow Hat? George works against time and the cows' appetites to come up with a wall strong enough to save the flowers.
* Curious George and the Missing Piece: When George discovers a bone buried in the ground, he's convinced it's got to be part of a dinosaur skeleton-but which one? When none of the dinosaurs in the museum are missing a piece, George uses his best scientific sleuthing skills to match the bone to the animal. Is the bone from a completely new kind of animal? And why is Charkie always chasing after him to steal that bone away?
Camping with Hundley/Curious George vs. The Turbo Python 3000 (#125) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Camping With Hundley: George loves his very first camping trip so much that he wants to go again as soon as possible. But The Man with the Yellow Hat is just too busy so the Doorman volunteers to take George and Hundley in his fancy trailer with GPS, satellite dish, and microwave. When a thunderstorm knocks out the power, George comes to the rescue by using his old-fashioned camping tools to help them make it through the rainy night and back home safely.
* Curious George vs. The Turbo Python 3000: George isn't tall enough to ride the greatest rollercoaster of all time, The Turbo Python 3000. He uses licorice whips to measure his height and determines that he is 7-whips tall, one short of the 8-whip minimum! As he nibbles on his licorice, George looks for different ways to grow. His efforts seem to pay off when he measures himself again until he realizes that it's not that his legs are longer, it's that his stomach is fuller.
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 14, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Housebound!/Curious George Rides A Bike (#126) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Housebound! - George learns the hard way about bones when he falls at the museum while exploring a dinosaur skeleton and breaks his leg. A visit to the hospital, a cast on his leg, and a cane aren't enough to keep George down, especially when Hundley steps in to help.
*Curious George Rides a Bike - George loves his new bike, especially because it gives him the chance to help Bill with his paper route. But he gets distracted by some ducks, makes some paper boats out of the newspapers, and then, trying to fix his mistake, hits a big rock that bends his bicycle wheel out of shape. Can Mrs. Renkins find the right tools to help him fix his bike so he can find some dry papers, finish the paper route, and keep his promise to Bill? Educational Objective (Engineering): To demonstrate the importance of using the correct tool to adjust and repair things.
The All-Animal Recycled Band/The Times of Sand (#127) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The All-Animal Recycled Band - George recruits Charkie, Gnocchi, Hundley and Compass to play in a band inspired by the firefighters at Rescue Squad 86. For instruments, George gets creative and uses keys, rice in a milk carton, a birdseed canister with rubber bands, and a pie tin. Now all he has to do is figure out a way to get two dogs, a cat, and a bird to play music together.
* The Times of Sand - George and The Man with the Yellow Hat have a sand castle building contest at the beach. With the help of Bill and Momma Bunny, George builds a great castle and learns about how to avoid losing your castle to the incoming tide.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Nov 15, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
The Elephant Upstairs/Being Hundley (#128) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* The Elephant Upstairs -George hears a loud thumping sound coming from the ceiling of their apartment and becomes convinced that the new upstairs neighbor has an elephant for a pet. When The Man with the Yellow Hat points out how unlikely that is, George decides to investigate further and comes to the conclusion that if it's not an elephant, it must be a Galapagos Turtle who eats a lot of crackers, likes to wrap presents, and use a juicer. When they finally pay their new neighbor a visit, the real story is even more interesting than George's theory.
* Being Hundley - George gets tired of being a monkey because monkeys have to clean their room, brush their teeth, and go to bed early. So he experiments with being a cat and a pigeon but decides that the best of all is to be a dog like Hundley. Hundley is not at all happy with this plan but doesn't manage to convince George that there's room for only one lobby dog at this apartment building. It takes an elevator getting stuck between floors to help George realize being a monkey can be pretty useful in a pinch.
George Fixes Betsy's Wagon/Curious George Takes A Drive (#129) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* George Fixes Betsy's Wagon - George and Steve borrow Betsy's wagon to pick up a package, but on the way they lose a wheel. To replace the wheel, they experiment with a piece of wood, some roller skates, and baby carriage wheels. Can they find some way to keep that wagon rolling? And what's in that giant package anyhow?
* Curious George Takes a Dive - George makes friends with a turtle down at Lake Wanasink Lake but worries that because the turtle has no thumbs, it's going to get a lot of water up its nose when it goes into the lake. The solution is to bring the turtle home and keep it in the bathtub. But the turtle is just not happy in the bathtub and when George brings home fish and weeds and frogs from the lake to keep it company, The Man with the Yellow Hat isn't very happy either.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Nov 16, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Up, Up and Away/Skunked (#201) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Up, Up and Away - A tether, a basket, and a heap of hot air: George discovers that it takes all three for a balloon to score a successful lift-off. As Mrs. Renkins demonstrates how a hot-air balloon works, George and Bill bound into the basket and they soon find themselves accidentally airborne - alone! Will Mrs. Renkins and The Man with the Yellow Hat ever catch up with the flying duo? Not before George and Bill's windy flight path carries them on quite an adventure - and toward an array of feathered friends who land on their basket. And when one of the birds gets trapped in the balloon, it gives them the idea they need to help get them down to earth.
* Skunked - There's a strange-looking cat eating George's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But wait, it's not a cat, it's a skunk! And George is fascinated. After trying and failing to make friends with the creature several times - and being subjected to multiple baths of tomato juice after repeatedly getting "skunked" - George is relieved to get back to the city and away from all of those smelly encounters. What he doesn't realize is that he and The Man inadvertently brought along their new "friend" in a picnic basket - and that one little skunk is about to wreak a whole lot of havoc in a certain apartment building.
Unbalanced/Curious George Vs. Winter (#130) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Unbalanced - The Amazing Balancing Zucchinis come to town, and George realizes that there's nothing he wants more in life than to be an acrobat. But before he can join the troupe, he needs to learn a lot more about balance and help save an allergic tightrope walker from a very determined cat.
* Curious George vs. Winter - Winter is closing in and George is miserable - how's he going to survive without all the fun summertime activities he loves? When he decides to ignore the weather and play with his wading pool and his bubbles, he learns some interesting things about freezing and melting.
- KQED Plus: Thu, Nov 17, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
School of Dance/Curious George Sounds Off (#601H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* School of Dance - Little monkeys love to dance, which is why George can't wait for Allie's dance party. When Bill announces he's leaving town because he doesn't know how to dance the box step, George creates a footsteps dance step map to help. But you can't take a dance map to a party! How will Bill keep from stepping on toes without one?
* Curious George Sounds Off - Chef Pisghetti is distraught: his chickens won't lay any eggs! After spending a night in the chicken coop, George discovers that the chickens aren't sleeping and are too tired to lay eggs. The noisy alley is the culprit. Will George's efforts to soundproof the chicken coop with recycled materials pay off with egg-cellent results?
Monkey Underground/Cat Mother (#202) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Cat Mother - Professor Wiseman entrusts George with Lucky, a tiny kitten too young to take care of herself. It's love at first sight for Lucky when she meets her first dog - Hundley, the proud lobby dachshund. But it's not such a fast friendship for Hundley, who sneezes when Lucky affectionately rubs against him. Hundley's allergic to cats! Lucky is inconsolable, having to stay away from her new friend, so George decides to build a substitute dog for Lucky. Can George use his sharp investigation and engineering skills to create an exact Hundley replica?
* Monkey Underground - When George stumbles across a gopher hole in the field near the country house, he suddenly finds himself inside a secret world of underground tunnels. Just below the mounds, Mama, Papa, and Junior Gopher have found a hiding place away from Mr. Gopher Getter - the man who plans to de-gopher the entire field. George warns his new pals about the looming trap. But only if George can dig super monkey-fast, and in the correct direction, will he be able to save his gopher friends from being removed from their home.
- KQED Plus: Fri, Nov 18, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Auctioneer George/Sock Monkey Opera (#603H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Auctioneer George - George has one dollar to buy anything he wants at the Annual Corn Roast and Attic Auction, and he sets his sights on a pair of red elephant mittens. When the Man with the Yellow Hat leaves George alone, he bids...and bids...and wins! Only, he didn't realize how bidding works, and now he owes $100. While George tries to re-auction the mittens himself, Marco searches the city for the only person unique enough to pay $101 for red elephant mittens - Mr. Glass!
* Sock Monkey Opera - When Betsy gets the chicken pox and can't see her favorite opera, Hansel & Gretel, she sends George in her place. George loves the opera so much, he decides to cheer up Betsy by performing for his itchy friend. But how can one little monkey sing, dance, and act for an entire cast of characters?
George and the Giant Thumb/Shutter Monkey (#604H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* George and the Giant Thumb - A bored George and Allie decide to make a ginormous sculpture of Bill's sprained thumb. The duo quickly run out of clay and turn to less conventional art supplies. Peanut butter proves too sticky and shaving cream too drippy, so George and Allie use mud to finish their masterpiece. But will Bill give their art a thumbs up?
* Shutter Monkey - Betsy's "Out of Sight Shapes" entry for the photo contest is sure to win first prize--that is until George and Steve accidentally ruin her pictures. With some help from Steve, George runs around town trying to re-shoot the photographs. But finding the hidden shapes in things is hard for a little monkey! Can George snap 4 pictures of 4 shapes by 4:00 - or are Betsy's prize-winning photos out of sight for good?
- KQED Plus: Mon, Nov 21, 2016 -- 2:00pm Remind me
Hamster Cam/The Great Monkey Detective (#605H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Hamster Cam - Steve's pet hamster, Hogie, is on the loose in the city streets with nothing but a small video camera tied to his back. George helps Steve track his whereabouts using clues from the hamster cam and his best monkeyish map-reading skills. But can a monkey with a map keep up with a hamster on the run?
* The Great Monkey Detective - It's mystery movie night at Chef Pisghetti's restaurant. But the big mystery really begins when Chef Pisghetti's cookbook suddenly vanishes! A fan of Detective Basil Know-it-All, George understands that clues are the key to solving a mystery. Will George be able to crack the case of the missing cookbook or will this mystery remain unsolved?
Feeling Antsy/Maple Monkey Madness (#607H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Feeling Antsy - George loves starting the day off with a big breakfast, but more food lands on the floor than in his mouth. As George cleans up his mess, he spots an army of ants, something the Man with the Yellow Hat warned his messy monkey about. With some help from his friend Hundley, can a monkey and dog come up with a plan to get rid of the unwelcome houseguests or does George have hundreds of new roommates?
* Maple Monkey Madness - George uses up all the maple syrup, leaving the Man with the Yellow Hat with a dry stack of flapjacks. George learns that maple syrup comes from trees, so he and Allie team up to replenish the Man's syrup supply. After tapping lots of trees, tasting bitter sap, and turning sap into syrup at the Renkins' sugar shack, George is finally able to bring home syrup for the Man...just in time for dinner!
Junky Monkey/Jumpy Warms Up (#609H) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY
* Junky Monkey - Steve is appointed head of Pretty City Committee Pod 7 on a mission to lead George, the Man with the Yellow Hat, Aunt Margaret, Betsy, and Charkie to clean up litter in their neighborhood. But where others see trash, George sees treasures hidden in alleys, sidewalk, and recycling bins. He takes his findings up to his apartment and sorts them by shape and size, transforming his collection into a masterpiece worthy to be hung at City Hall. But will the mayor agree or call it junk?
* Jumpy Warms Up - One cold winter's day, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat find an unexpected houseguest living in their country home -- Jumpy Squirrel! While the Man insulates their home to keep heat in and squirrels out, George worries that Jumpy's nest won't keep his friend warm enough through the winter. George decides to build Jumpy a winter proof house, and much to Jumpy's surprise, the monkey's squirrel resort is pretty cozy!
Curious George Gets All Keyed Up/Gutter Monkey (#204) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Curious George gets All Keyed Up: Betsy prepares to play the xylophone at a school concert one evening, and George, who has always been mesmerized by Betsy's music, volunteers to deliver the xylophone to Betsy's school while she goes to the beautician that afternoon. Betsy's brother Steve also promises to help, but when he becomes distracted by his videogame, they lose track of time and have to get the xylophone out the door very quickly. So George and Steve take all the keys out in a hurry - and when George gets to the school he realizes that he's forgotten what order they go in! Will George be able to fix the xylophone, or will Betsy's beautiful tunes become suddenly and horribly "out of key"? * Gutter Monkey: It's bowling night! George cheers on The Man with the Yellow Hat and then tries to get the ball rolling himself. But when George rolls, it's always a gutter ball. Back at home, George polishes the Man's bowling ball before the big tournament and it looks so good he decides to test it out on the curvy front lawn - but all of those ruts and hills can sure ruin a monkey's game! And things don't exactly look up, er, straight, when George takes it inside and discovers that a smooth surface in the dining room can spell trouble for the plates in the china cabinet. Will George be able to get the ball under control and to the bowling alley in time for the Man's competition?
Grease Monkeys In Space/Pinata Vision (#205) Duration: 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
* Grease Monkeys in Space: The Man with the Yellow Hat's dream of space travel is finally coming true! He's been assigned to repair a large telescope, but on the day of the big launch Professors Weisman, Pizza and Einstein realize that it's actually a two-man - or rather, a one-man and one-monkey - job. Soon it's up to George to complete the mission and replace the telescope's batteries. George has only a few minutes before his air runs out to accomplish his task and remember his right, his left and his shapes. Can George save the day or will the space walk turn into a space "whoops"? * Pinata Vision: When George attends Betsy's birthday party he is ready for a day of fun with friends. Steve and Betsy blindfold George and give him the first shot at breaking open the birthday pinata - but when George swings the bat without any sense of where he's aiming, he makes a grand mess instead. To help George improve his game, Steve blindfolds George and sets him off to try and find Charkie - and George navigates his way around the city by using only his hands, ears and sense of touch. His adventure leads him to some familiar places and ultimately back to the sweet pinata prize!