TV's longest-running weekly natural history series has won more than 200 honors from the television industry, parent groups, the international wildlife film community and environmental organizations, including the only award ever given to a television program by the Sierra Club.
Raccoon Nation (#2907) Duration: 56:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
Are we, in an effort to outwit raccoons, actually making them smarter and unwittingly contributing to their evolutionary success? Are the ever more complex obstacles that our fast-paced urban world throws at them actually pushing the development of raccoon brains? In this film, scientists from around the world share their thoughts and work to help explore this scientific theory. Attempting to do something that has never been done before, they closely follow a family of urban raccoons as they navigate the complex world of a big city.
- KQED 9: Wed, Aug 20, 2014 -- 8:00pm
- KQED 9: Thu, Aug 21, 2014 -- 2:00am
- KQED Life: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 -- 7:00pm email reminder
- KQED Life: Sat, Aug 23, 2014 -- 1:00am email reminder
- KQED World: Sat, Aug 23, 2014 -- 9:00pm email reminder
- KQED 9: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 10:00am email reminder
- KQED World: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 3:00pm email reminder
- KQED World: Sun, Aug 24, 2014 -- 9:00pm email reminder
- KQED World: Mon, Aug 25, 2014 -- 5:00am email reminder
Legendary White Stallions (#3011H) Duration: 55:16 SRND51 TVPG-S (Secondary audio: DVI)
This story of the world-famous Lipizzaner stallions focuses on the bond that develops between the horses and their caregivers, beginning at the moment of their birth and culminating in the perfect harmony between horse and rider demonstrated at the famous Spanish Riding School in Vienna, Austria. Their carefully choreographed movements were originally developed for the training of war horses; only the strongest and most athletic horses qualified. The Lipizzaner stallion is bred for its courage, strength and character, but the horse is also gentle, sensitive, and exceptionally responsive to praise.
- KQED Plus: Tue, Sep 30, 2014 -- 10:00pm email reminder