Barney & Friends
A unique blending of education and entertainment for preschool children. Each episode emphasizes language and cognitive development, physical activity and social interaction.
Barney & Friends Previous Broadcasts
Little Red Rockin' Hood/Differences (Episode #1407H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Little Red Rockin' Hood - Baby Bop is having a hard time finding a story she hasn't heard before. Barney and the little dinos decide to tell her an old story with a new twist! They tell the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" in a whole new way...by singing it!
* Differences - When a wheelchair-bound child is unintentionally neglected by his friends, Barney steps in to help. He gently reminds the others to include the child by showing them that even Barney feels excluded sometimes. It isn't always easy being a big, purple dinosaur. In the end, everyone is included for a day of fun!
Bop 'til You Drop/Sharing (Episode #1406H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Bop 'til You Drop - The park is especially full of kids today, but all of them are busy playing. Baby Bop can't find anyone to play what she wants to play. When the others notice she is sad, they tell her they will play whatever she suggests. This works well at first, until Baby Bop becomes a little bossy. Barney helps her understand that being bossy isn't a nice way to treat your friends.
* Sharing - When Riff accidentally wrecks BJ's beloved scooter, he feels terrible! BJ loved that scooter more than almost anything! Riff and Baby Bop decide to have a sale in the park to raise money to buy BJ a new scooter.
Pistachio/Bj's Snack Attack (Episode #1405H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Pistachio - Barney is snacking on pistachios...and just can't seem to stop! His young friends try to help by hiding them from Barney. When that doesn't work, they tell him a story to help him stop eating pistachios. An unexpected avalanche of pistachios convinces Barney that the others may be right. Sometimes, even Barney can learn a lesson from his caring friends!
* BJ's Snack Attack - BJ starts to feel sick after eating too many sweets. He lies down in hopes of feeling better. He has a dream about a snack fantasyland where he eats as many sweets as he wants and ends up with a big stomachache. He wakes, happy to find out it was only a dream. When he asks for a healthy snack, his friends are happy to oblige!
Movement/Separation (Episode #1404H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 25, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Movement - When some children in the park invite Barney to join them for a race, BJ and Baby Bop decide he'll need their help. They show him several ways to get ready for the big race by warming up and stretching. By the end of the day, everyone finds out that there are many fun ways to exercise.
* Separation - Baby Bop can't wait for BJ and Riff to go on their camping trip so she can have Barney and the park all to herself! But, once they're gone, she discovers she misses them. As time goes on, she misses them more and more! Barney shows Baby Bop ways to keep friends close in our hearts while they're away.
The Magic Caboose/Arts (Episode #1403H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 24, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* The Magic Caboose - Melanie is sad because she misses her friend who is visiting relatives in India. Barney shows his friends that it's fun to go to new places and see new things by taking them on an imaginary journey on the Magic Caboose!
* Arts - It's a special day in the park as Barney and the little dinosaurs enjoy an Art Festival. BJ and Riff share some "musical art" and Baby Bop shares a painting of a very special friend...Barney! As the festival comes to an end, Barney reminds his friends everywhere that no matter what kind of art they make, it's special if it comes from their hearts!
Riff's Musical Zoo/Boats (Episode #1402H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 23, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Riff's Musical Zoo - Everyone is excited about an upcoming trip to the zoo. When the trip is postponed, Riff decides to create a musical zoo. He gathers instruments that sound like real animals. Everyone has a wonderful time at Riff's musical zoo.
* Boats - Baby Bop is having a great time playing with her homemade boat. However, what she really wants is to ride in a big boat. Barney takes her inside the caboose to look at boats on the computer while BJ and Riff work on a surprise. When Barney and Baby Bop return to the playground, they discover that BJ and Riff have built a sailing ship on the playset for Baby Bop!
Home, Sweet Home: The Rainforest (Episode #1310H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
It's Earth Day, a great time for everyone to learn how to help take care of our world, but Ben is wasting paper while BJ isn't too concerned about cutting down a tree to make room for a new playground. After a trip to the rainforest and a meeting with Mother Nature, everyone learns the importance of taking care of our world. As Earth Day comes to an end, Barney reminds us all that taking good care of our Earth is the natural thing to do...for the people we love.
Bonjour Barney!: France (Episode #1309H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Apr 19, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Emma wants to paint an award-winning painting for the "Art In The Park Show," but she is just isn't satisfied with her artwork. Barney takes her to France to learn how to paint from his friend Pierre. While there, they learn about France and how to paint by following your heart!
A Bird of a Different Feather: Hawaii (Episode #1308H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 18, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney takes the kids to Hawaii on a quest for a bird of paradise. While there, they meet some friends, learn new Hawaiian words, make a Hawaiian lei and dance a hula! Eventually, Barney and his friends find a bird of paradise, but it's not quite what they were expecting!
The Good Egg: Kenya (Episode #1307H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 17, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
When the kids find a mysterious, colorful egg in the park, Barney takes them on a trip to Kenya to try to find out what kind of animal could have laid the egg. While in Kenya, they meet Ayira who introduces them to many people, cultures and animals of Kenya!
The Music Box: Switzerland (Episode #1306H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 16, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
The kids are having a yard sale, getting rid of old toys, books and clothes. Kioko shows up holding a prized possession-a music box from Switzerland. By accident, Ben includes the music box in a cardboard box of yard sale items-and the music box is sold! Kioko is sad and Ben wants to make things right, so he and Barney travel to Switzerland in search of a replacement gift. While there, they sample Swiss food, customs and games-but no music box! Luckily when Ben returns the music box is returned!
Sweeter Than Candy: Greece (Episode #1305H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 15, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney, Baby Bop and BJ are helping the park kids get ready for a school play. When Barney tells everyone that putting on shows began in Greece, they want to go visit! While there, they meet some friends and decide to put on a play in an amphitheatre. Barney knows a great story that originated in Greece called "King Midas." By the end of the day, everyone has experienced another country and learned that wanting too much is not a good thing!
Venice, Anyone?: Italy (Episode #1304H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Apr 12, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Emma can't play with her friends because she has to complete a school project about her family. Before you know it, Barney brings Emma on a trip to Venice to learn more about her great granddad. While there, the kids learn about the culture and geography. Emma learns that a big task can be made simpler and lots more fun if you break it down into smaller tasks and take them one at a time. By the time she gets home, Emma is eager to tackle her big school project.
Ahora Mismo: Spain (Episode #1303H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 11, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
When Ben arrives too late to get a pony ride he must learn how to wait the hard way. He's always wanted a horse and now it looks as if he's missed his opportunity. Luckily, Barney takes him to Spain where they meet Regalo, a dancing horse! Ben and Barney return to the park just in time for Ben to get a pony ride after all!
Big Brother Rusty: China (Episode #1302H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 10, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney's excited to find out that Rusty's family is adopting a new baby girl from China; however, Rusty feels differently. He's not sure if he's going to be a good brother, and he doesn't know much about China. Barney takes him, BJ and Baby Bop on an adventure to China where he can learn more about his new sister's heritage. By the time he returns to the park, Rusty excitedly meets his new baby sister and realizes he will be the best big brother ever!
Bienvenido, Barney: Mexico (Episode #1301H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 9, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Baby Bop's friend Monty the butterfly passes through the park with a flock of friends on their way to Mexico. When Monty gets left behind by his insect friends and family, Barney takes everyone on a visit to Mexico, where Baby Bop will say good-bye to her butterfly friend.
The Reluctant Dragon, A Fairy Tale Adventure (Episode #1210)
KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 8, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney teaches that you can't tell from the outside what someone might be like on the inside. He does this by telling a story about a dragon that wasn't at all what others thought she was. The villagers were afraid of her, but it turns out, she wasn't scary at all...as a matter of fact, she was a very nice dragon who liked to knit socks and drink tea!
A Game for Everyone, A Sports Adventure (Episode #1209)
KQED Plus: Fri, Apr 5, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids are planning a Sports Day in the park. When they meet Jill, a new friend who is too shy to participate, Barney explains that Jill might just need a little encouragement to join the fun. In the end, Sports Day is a huge success for everyone... even Jill!
The Amazing Captain Pickles, A Hero Adventure (Episode #1208)
KQED Plus: Thu, Apr 4, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
BJ learns a lesson about bragging when he tells everyone that he, Captain Pickles, can leap over the moon! Baby Bop (also known as Wonder Princess) has some serious doubts about who is the greatest superhero! Barney helps BJ learn the importance of being honest!
The Magic Lamp, A Travel Adventure (Episode #1207)
KQED Plus: Wed, Apr 3, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Layla and her friends celebrate her birthday with traditional Lebanese foods. Layla is apprehensive about being "different," but everyone loves the new treats! With a little help from Barney, everyone is transported to a Lebanese marketplace where Leila learns that she and her culture are both truly special!
To Catch A Thief, A Mystery Adventure (Episode #1206)
KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 2, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
When several different balls suddenly disappear without a trace, it's detective BJ to the rescue! BJ is determined to find and capture the mysterious ball thief. When BJ accidentally accuses his best friend, Riff, he learns the importance of not jumping to conclusions.
Lights, Camera, Action, A Movie Adventure (Episode #1205)
KQED Plus: Mon, Apr 1, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Grace's food drive isn't going too well. Melanie decides to help her friend out by putting on a movie premier for a canned food admission price. When Baby Bop, BJ, and Riff try to help Melanie, they come up with different ideas that lead up to a cacophony of topsy-turvy events. With Barney's help, Melanie saves the day with an idea of her own - to make a movie about her friends and their mishaps.