Barney & Friends
A unique blending of education and entertainment for preschool children. Each episode emphasizes language and cognitive development, physical activity and social interaction.
Barney & Friends Previous Broadcasts
Riff's Musical Zoo/Boats (Episode #1402H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Riff's Musical Zoo - Everyone is excited about an upcoming trip to the zoo. When the trip is postponed, Riff decides to create a musical zoo. He gathers instruments that sound like real animals. Everyone has a wonderful time at Riff's musical zoo.
* Boats - Baby Bop is having a great time playing with her homemade boat. However, what she really wants is to ride in a big boat. Barney takes her inside the caboose to look at boats on the computer while BJ and Riff work on a surprise. When Barney and Baby Bop return to the playground, they discover that BJ and Riff have built a sailing ship on the playset for Baby Bop!
Winter and Summer (Episode #1010)
KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 30, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Winter: When Baby Bop is surprised by the first day of cold weather, it's Barney that helps her see winter can be a wonderful time for fun.Baby Bop is getting discouraged, wondering if it will ever snow! Then,when she least expects it - the snow begins to fall!
* Summer: On a hot summer day, Barney teaches BJ about all the fun activities you can do during the summer. BJ gets so excited that he corrals Riff into joining him to do a whole summer's worth of activities, all in one day! With some help from Baby Bop and the children, Barney teaches BJ that summer means relaxation, too!
Bonjour Barney!: France (Episode #1309H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 29, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Emma wants to paint an award-winning painting for the "Art In The Park Show," but she is just isn't satisfied with her artwork. Barney takes her to France to learn how to paint from his friend Pierre. While there, they learn about France and how to paint by following your heart!
A Bird of a Different Feather: Hawaii (Episode #1308H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 28, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney takes the kids to Hawaii on a quest for a bird of paradise. While there, they meet some friends, learn new Hawaiian words, make a Hawaiian lei and dance a hula! Eventually, Barney and his friends find a bird of paradise, but it's not quite what they were expecting!
The Good Egg: Kenya (Episode #1307H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 25, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
When the kids find a mysterious, colorful egg in the park, Barney takes them on a trip to Kenya to try to find out what kind of animal could have laid the egg. While in Kenya, they meet Ayira who introduces them to many people, cultures and animals of Kenya!
The Music Box: Switzerland (Episode #1306H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 24, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
The kids are having a yard sale, getting rid of old toys, books and clothes. Kioko shows up holding a prized possession-a music box from Switzerland. By accident, Ben includes the music box in a cardboard box of yard sale items-and the music box is sold! Kioko is sad and Ben wants to make things right, so he and Barney travel to Switzerland in search of a replacement gift. While there, they sample Swiss food, customs and games-but no music box! Luckily when Ben returns the music box is returned!
Sweeter Than Candy: Greece (Episode #1305H)
KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 23, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney, Baby Bop and BJ are helping the park kids get ready for a school play. When Barney tells everyone that putting on shows began in Greece, they want to go visit! While there, they meet some friends and decide to put on a play in an amphitheatre. Barney knows a great story that originated in Greece called "King Midas." By the end of the day, everyone has experienced another country and learned that wanting too much is not a good thing!
Venice, Anyone?: Italy (Episode #1304H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 22, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Emma can't play with her friends because she has to complete a school project about her family. Before you know it, Barney brings Emma on a trip to Venice to learn more about her great granddad. While there, the kids learn about the culture and geography. Emma learns that a big task can be made simpler and lots more fun if you break it down into smaller tasks and take them one at a time. By the time she gets home, Emma is eager to tackle her big school project.
Ahora Mismo: Spain (Episode #1303H)
KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 21, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
When Ben arrives too late to get a pony ride he must learn how to wait the hard way. He's always wanted a horse and now it looks as if he's missed his opportunity. Luckily, Barney takes him to Spain where they meet Regalo, a dancing horse! Ben and Barney return to the park just in time for Ben to get a pony ride after all!
Big Brother Rusty: China (Episode #1302H)
KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 18, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney's excited to find out that Rusty's family is adopting a new baby girl from China; however, Rusty feels differently. He's not sure if he's going to be a good brother, and he doesn't know much about China. Barney takes him, BJ and Baby Bop on an adventure to China where he can learn more about his new sister's heritage. By the time he returns to the park, Rusty excitedly meets his new baby sister and realizes he will be the best big brother ever!
Bienvenido, Barney: Mexico (Episode #1301H)
KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 17, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Baby Bop's friend Monty the butterfly passes through the park with a flock of friends on their way to Mexico. When Monty gets left behind by his insect friends and family, Barney takes everyone on a visit to Mexico, where Baby Bop will say good-bye to her butterfly friend.
The Reluctant Dragon, A Fairy Tale Adventure (Episode #1210)
KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 16, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney teaches that you can't tell from the outside what someone might be like on the inside. He does this by telling a story about a dragon that wasn't at all what others thought she was. The villagers were afraid of her, but it turns out, she wasn't scary at all...as a matter of fact, she was a very nice dragon who liked to knit socks and drink tea!
A Game for Everyone, A Sports Adventure (Episode #1209)
KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 15, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and the kids are planning a Sports Day in the park. When they meet Jill, a new friend who is too shy to participate, Barney explains that Jill might just need a little encouragement to join the fun. In the end, Sports Day is a huge success for everyone... even Jill!
The Amazing Captain Pickles, A Hero Adventure (Episode #1208)
KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 14, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
BJ learns a lesson about bragging when he tells everyone that he, Captain Pickles, can leap over the moon! Baby Bop (also known as Wonder Princess) has some serious doubts about who is the greatest superhero! Barney helps BJ learn the importance of being honest!
The Magic Lamp, A Travel Adventure (Episode #1207)
KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 11, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Layla and her friends celebrate her birthday with traditional Lebanese foods. Layla is apprehensive about being "different," but everyone loves the new treats! With a little help from Barney, everyone is transported to a Lebanese marketplace where Leila learns that she and her culture are both truly special!
To Catch A Thief, A Mystery Adventure (Episode #1206)
KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 10, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
When several different balls suddenly disappear without a trace, it's detective BJ to the rescue! BJ is determined to find and capture the mysterious ball thief. When BJ accidentally accuses his best friend, Riff, he learns the importance of not jumping to conclusions.
Lights, Camera, Action, A Movie Adventure (Episode #1205)
KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 9, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Grace's food drive isn't going too well. Melanie decides to help her friend out by putting on a movie premier for a canned food admission price. When Baby Bop, BJ, and Riff try to help Melanie, they come up with different ideas that lead up to a cacophony of topsy-turvy events. With Barney's help, Melanie saves the day with an idea of her own - to make a movie about her friends and their mishaps.
Riff to the Rescue! A Wild West Adventure (Episode #1204)
KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 8, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
A spoof on the Wild West movies that have the dutiful Sheriff vs. the outlaw. Barney tells Riff, who's hesitant to become the captain of the baseball team, the story of his great-great-grandpa Riffle from the Wild West. Riffle was also hesitant to be the one in command, especially when Bossy Bop tries to manage the town. But after becoming the Sheriff, he proves that he can take charge and convince Bossy Bop to play well with others.
The Sword in the Sandbox, A Storybook Adventure (Episode #1203)
KQED Plus: Mon, Jan 7, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Daniel tries to jump-rope with some older kids, but intimidation sets in. He's convinced that he's just too little to do anything right. Barney helps our young protagonist by telling him a story of "The Sword in the Sandbox," a comical re-telling of the King Arthur legend. In the end, Daniel learns that there are many things he can do... if he tries hard enough.
The Misbegotten Moon, A Space Adventure (Episode #1202)
KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 4, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
To her dismay, Baby Bop sees a half-moon and thinks the moon is broken in half! Through comic events, she goes on a search to find the missing pieces. Barney takes her and the kids on a magical adventure to the moon where she meets the Man in the Moon who eases her concerns.
Way to Go! A Travel Adventure (Episode #1201)
KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 3, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
Inspired by Daniel's trip the next day, Baby Bop wants to go on a trip of her own! With the help of Barney, and their imaginations, Baby Bop, Riff, and the kids have fun exploring all types of travel using cardboard boxes. Their grand finale ends up being on a cardboard cruise ship sailing "over the ocean blue."
Riff's Musical Zoo and the Princess and the Frog (Episode #1120)
KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 2, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* Riff's Musical Zoo: Everyone is excited about an upcoming trip to the zoo. When the trip is postponed, Riff decides to create a musical zoo. He gathers instruments that sound like real animals. Everyone has a wonderful time at Riff's musical zoo.
* The Princess and the Frog: When Baby Bop hesitates on keeping her promise to watch Ryan's pet frog while he's away, Barney tells her a tale about keeping your word. The friends help tell the story of "The Frog Prince" and Baby Bop learns a lesson in friendship along the way!
The Magic Caboose and Bj The Great (Episode #1118)
KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 1, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
* The Magic Caboose: Melanie is sad because she misses her friend who is visiting relatives in India. Barney shows his friends that it's fun to go to new places and see new things by taking them on an imaginary journey on the Magic Caboose!
* BJ the Great: BJ wants to be a great magician, but he doesn't want to spend any time practicing. He convinces Baby Bop to help him do a trick, and makes her disappear. When BJ thinks she is gone forever, he realizes the importance of practice. Luckily, Baby Bop hasn't disappeared after all!