PBS' premiere science series helps viewers of all ages explore the science behind the headlines. Along the way, it demystifies science and technology and highlights people involved in scientific pursuits.
Nova Previous Broadcasts
Vaccines - Calling The Shots (Episode #4114H)
KQED 9: Wed, Sep 10, 2014 -- 9:00 PM
Diseases that were largely eradicated 40 years ago are returning. Across the world, children are getting sick and dying from preventable conditions because nervous parents are skipping their children's shots. How do parents decide whether to vaccinate or not, and what are the risks to the child and to society? Featuring research scientists, pediatricians, psychologists, anthropologists, and parents, this program travels the globe to look at the science behind vaccinations, track epidemics, and investigate the serious human costs of opting out.
- KQED World: Sat, Sep 13, 2014 -- 2:00 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Sep 13, 2014 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED Life: Fri, Sep 12, 2014 -- 8:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Sep 12, 2014 -- 11:00 AM
- KQED World: Fri, Sep 12, 2014 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED 9: Thu, Sep 11, 2014 -- 3:00 AM
Ghosts of Machu Picchu (Episode #3704H)
KQED 9: Wed, Sep 3, 2014 -- 9:00 PM
Perched atop a mountain crest, mysteriously abandoned 400 years ago, Machu Picchu is the most famous archeological ruin in the Western hemisphere and an iconic symbol of the power and engineering prowess of the Inca. In the years since Machu Picchu was discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911, there have been countless theories about this "Lost City of the Incas," yet it remains an enigma. Why did the Incas build it on such an inaccessible site, clinging to the steep face of a mountain? Who lived among its stone buildings, farmed its emerald green terraces and drank from its sophisticated aqueduct system? NOVA joins a new generation of archeologists as they probe areas of Machu Picchu that haven't been touched since the time of the Incas and unearth burial grounds of the people who built the sacred site.
- KQED World: Sun, Sep 7, 2014 -- 3:00 PM
- KQED World: Sat, Sep 6, 2014 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Sep 6, 2014 -- 6:00 PM
- KQED Life: Sat, Sep 6, 2014 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED Life: Fri, Sep 5, 2014 -- 8:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Sep 5, 2014 -- 11:00 AM
- KQED World: Fri, Sep 5, 2014 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED 9: Thu, Sep 4, 2014 -- 3:00 AM