Raw to Ready
This new science series ventures inside America's factories to explore the innovation and sheer genius that transform the most basic ingredients into powerhouse machines.
Raw to Ready Previous Broadcasts
Bombardier (Episode #104H)
KQED 9: Wed, Nov 6, 2013 -- 10:00 PM
Short-range regional jets are the backbone of domestic air travel. To withstand a high volume of flights, these jets must be comfortable, durable and fuel efficient, like the Bombardier CRJ-1000. Glass, titanium, fiberglass, lacquer and aluminum alloy each transcend their original states, harnessed to create a modern cutting-edge machine.
- KQED World: Sun, Nov 10, 2013 -- 5:00 PM
- KQED World: Sat, Nov 9, 2013 -- 11:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Nov 8, 2013 -- 12:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Nov 8, 2013 -- 6:00 AM
- KQED 9: Thu, Nov 7, 2013 -- 4:00 AM
Mack Truck (Episode #103H)
KQED Life: Fri, Nov 1, 2013 -- 3:00 AM
The highway truck - a modern workhorse, a heavy hauler vital to commerce - carries an 80,000-pound payload and must operate in every condition from sub-zero cold to triple-digit heat. To survive, it must be strong, durable and fuel-efficient, like the Mack Pinnacle, an engineering achievement made possible by platinum, petroleum, copper, manganese and polyurethane.
- KQED World: Sun, Nov 3, 2013 -- 5:00 PM
- KQED World: Sat, Nov 2, 2013 -- 11:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Nov 1, 2013 -- 12:00 PM
- KQED World: Fri, Nov 1, 2013 -- 6:00 AM