Schools That Change Communities
Schools That Change Communities Previous Broadcasts
KQED Plus: Thu, Jan 3, 2013 -- 7:00 PM
A unique, engaging documentary that turns the current focus of education on its head. While most US schools keep their students bottled up in classrooms as a way of increasing their test scores, this very upbeat special focuses on a diverse range of K-12 public schools in five states that instead break down the walls between the school and its neighborhood. By viewing their surroundings as classrooms, students are not only invigorated, but also more motivated to learn the basics and how to think critically about solving problems they and the larger world they inhabit now face.
- KQED World: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 -- 8:00 AM
- KQED World: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED World: Wed, Jan 30, 2013 -- 11:00 AM
- KQED World: Wed, Jan 30, 2013 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Wed, Jan 9, 2013 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Tue, Jan 8, 2013 -- 11:00 PM
- KQED Plus: Sat, Jan 5, 2013 -- 3:00 PM
- KQED Plus: Fri, Jan 4, 2013 -- 1:00 AM
Also on KQED.org this week ...
We Need You!
Volunteer during our current on-air radio fundraising drive. It's a great way to support KQED Radio with your time. You can really make a difference!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.