Bitter Seeds Previous Broadcasts
KQED 9: Thu, Apr 4, 2013 -- 11:02 PM
Biotechnology is changing the way farming is done all over the world. Advocates believe the New Green Revolution is the only way to provide sufficient food for the world's growing population while opponents raise environmental concerns and fear that GMOs drive small scale farmers off the land. This documentary explores the controversy - from a village in India that uses genetically modified seeds to US government that promote them.
Bitter Seeds is the final film in Micha X. Peled's Globalization Trilogy, following Store Wars: When Wal-Mart Comes to Town (2001-2003) and China Blue (2007-2012). The films won 18 international awards, aired on KQED and over 30 other TV channels, and screened in more than 100 film festivals. They also connected viewers to NGO action campaigns and encouraged Western consumers to understand their impact on the rest of the world.
- KQED World: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 -- 8:00 AM
- KQED World: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED World: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 -- 1:00 PM
- KQED World: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
- KQED Life: Sat, Apr 6, 2013 -- 4:02 AM
- KQED Life: Fri, Apr 5, 2013 -- 10:02 PM
- KQED 9: Fri, Apr 5, 2013 -- 5:02 AM