Pit, The Previous Broadcasts
KQED 9: Wed, Jul 11, 2012 -- 10:00 PM
This program takes viewers to one of the most primitive, yet highly ritualized arenas of the financial world: the floor of the New York Board of Trade (NYBOT). Billions of dollars of raw goods are traded daily at the NYBOT, setting the price of commodities - from cotton to orange juice - throughout the world. Using their own money, traders make and lose fortunes every day in this bustling center of raw capitalism. In the last few years, computers have been introduced onto the trading floor, threatening to make many of the NYBOT's old ways obsolete. This doc tells the story of this transformation.
- KQED World: Sun, Jul 15, 2012 -- 5:00 AM
- KQED World: Sat, Jul 14, 2012 -- 11:00 PM
- KQED Life: Fri, Jul 13, 2012 -- 3:00 AM
- KQED Life: Thu, Jul 12, 2012 -- 9:00 PM
- KQED 9: Thu, Jul 12, 2012 -- 4:00 AM