Based on the best-selling Curious George books by Margret and H. A. Rey, and narrated by Emmy award-winning actor William H. Macy, this series expands George's world to include a host of colorful new characters and original locales, while maintaining the charm of the beloved books. Each episode includes two animated stories followed by short live-action pieces showing real kids who are investigating the ideas that George introduces in his stories. The series aims to inspire kids to explore science, math and engineering in the world around them.
Curious George Previous Broadcasts
Honey of a Monkey/Curious George's Egg Hunt (Episode #705H)
KQED Plus: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 -- 10:00 AM
* Honey of a Monkey - George and Steve are in a sticky situation when they accidentally eat all of Betsy's honeycomb. Will their homemade beehive produce enough honeycomb in time for Betsy's Earth Day presentation, or will she be buzzing mad?
* Curious George's Egg Hunt - George and Allie have discovered an egg in the grass with no nest in sight. Where is the egg's mother? They search high and low to find the right bird's nest but no egg will match. Could it be another kind of animal is inside the tiny round shell?
Unbalanced/Curious George Vs. Winter (Episode #130)
KQED 9: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 -- 8:00 AM
* Unbalanced - The Amazing Balancing Zucchinis come to town, and George realizes that there's nothing he wants more in life than to be an acrobat. But before he can join the troupe, he needs to learn a lot more about balance and help save an allergic tightrope walker from a very determined cat.
* Curious George vs. Winter - Winter is closing in and George is miserable - how's he going to survive without all the fun summertime activities he loves? When he decides to ignore the weather and play with his wading pool and his bubbles, he learns some interesting things about freezing and melting.
George Fixes Betsy's Wagon/Curious George Takes A Drive (Episode #129)
KQED 9: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 -- 8:00 AM
* George Fixes Betsy's Wagon: George and Steve borrow Betsy's wagon to pick up a package, but on the way they lose a wheel. To replace the wheel, they experiment with a piece of wood, some roller skates, and baby carriage wheels. Can they find some way to keep that wagon rolling? And what's in that giant package anyhow? Educational Objective: To explore the system of wheels and axles that make a wagon work correctly.
* Curious George Takes a Dive: George makes friends with a turtle down at Lake Wanasink Lake but worries that because the turtle has no thumbs, it's going to get a lot of water up its nose when it goes into the lake. The solution is to bring the turtle home and keep it in the bathtub. But the turtle is just not happy in the bathtub and when George brings home fish and weeds and frogs from the lake to keep it company, The Man with the Yellow Hat isn't very happy either. Educational Objective: To show that various plants and animals inhabit different kinds of environments and have structures and functions that help them thrive in these environments.