Check, Please! Bay Area
- Watch Complete Episodes:
- at video.kqed.org
This series features guests and eateries as diverse the Bay Area itself. In each episode of the James Beard and Emmy Award-winning program, 3 local diners share their favorite spots and critique each others' choices. They visit each restaurant anonymously - the restaurants are not notified that Check, Please! reviewers are present. After trying each others' recommendations, the diners join host and moderator Leslie Sbrocco to discuss, dispute and celebrate their dining experiences with lively commentary.
Check, Please! Bay Area Previous Broadcasts
Angkor Borei, Indigo, Farallon (Episode #801H)
KQED 9: Wed, Dec 7, 2016 -- 1:00 PM
Our first San Francisco restaurant, Angkor Borei, provides traditional Cambodian cuisine that has been satisfying customers for nearly thirty years.
* Next, Indigo's expansive wooden bar and open ambiance creates the perfect setting for the touch-of-Asian in the New American cuisine served there.
* Lastly housed in an historic building, Farallon invites all seafood lovers to dine in spectacularly creative, decorative surroundings.
Roti Indian, Chop Bar & Park Tavern (Episode #712H)
KQED 9: Tue, Dec 6, 2016 -- 1:00 PM
Roti Indian Bistro, Chop Bar and Park Tavern are the eateries selected by local diners. Will the three guests agree on their Bay Area favorites?
Pompei's Grotto, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, SPQR (Episode #804H)
KQED 9: Mon, Dec 5, 2016 -- 7:30 PM
* Our first restaurant, Pompei's Grotto, is a family owned spot on Fisherman's Wharf's that's been serving up fresh seafood since 1946.
* Next, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food in Santa Clara makes homemade Southern comfort staples that satisfy heart and soul.
*Finally, combining a bustling San Francisco vibe with an intimate and cozy setting, SPQR delivers authentic, modern Italian cuisine and original Italian wine from small producers.
- KQED 9: Tue, Dec 6, 2016 -- 1:30 AM
Bella Trattoria, Outerlands & Greens Restaurant (Episode #711H)
KQED 9: Mon, Dec 5, 2016 -- 1:00 PM
San Francisco restaurants Bella Trattoria, Outerlands and Greens Restaurants are the eateries selected by local diners. Will the three guests agree on their Bay Area favorites?
Caffe La Scala, Lers Ros and 1300 On Fillmore (Episode #707H)
KQED 9: Thu, Dec 1, 2016 -- 7:30 PM
Caffe La Scala (Walnut Creek), Lers Ros (San Francisco) and 1300 on Fillmore (San Francisco) are the eateries selected by local diners. Will the three guests agree on their Bay Area favorites?
- KQED Life: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 -- 12:00 PM
- KQED 9: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 -- 12:00 PM
- KQED Life: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 -- 1:30 AM
- KQED 9: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 -- 1:30 AM
- KQED Life: Thu, Dec 1, 2016 -- 7:30 PM