Bob the Builder
This stop frame, animated series for preschoolers follows the adventures of Bob and his machines: Scoop, Muck, Dizzy, Lofty and Roley. Bob's business partner, Wendy, and Pilchard the cat also help out in the builder's yard.
Bob the Builder Previous Broadcasts
Following Clues (Pt. 3) (Episode #810H)
KQED Plus: Sun, May 26, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
Dizzy Finds a Pirate - Fixham Theatre needs work completed before the performance of The Legend of Brickbeard, with actor and theatre manager Richard Olivier in the lead role. When Dizzy tells the team that she has seen Brickbeard backstage, Spud and Scrambler believe he's returned to stop them from finding the Golden Hammer. Later Dizzy realizes that it wasn't Brickbeard, she saw but Richard Olivier rehearsing for the play. Meanwhile, Spud and Scrambler are still trying to figure out the meaning of the last clue they found. Backstage, Spud pulls a rope to reveal a secret trap door with another red box in it! When they open the red box they find another clue, a picture of a boat. Roley & the Seagull - At Fixham Harbor, Bob and the team are in the process of moving an old ship. Roley befriends a seagull that gets very angry when the team begins to lift the old ship out of the water. The angry seagull disappears on to the ship. Spud and Scrambler's latest clue is a picture of a boat but there are several boats in the harbor. They finally get to the old ship and notice it's the Bonny Beard - Brickbeard's ship! With Lofty's help, Bob travels up to the crow's nest and realizes the angry seagull has built her nest there and wants to protect her eggs. He gently lifts the nest to reveal another red box! Spud and Scrambler are ecstatic and present the box to Bob later that evening. He's amazed to find the Golden Hammer inside and they are overjoyed to be able to hand it to Bob - the best builder ever!
Fun at Work (Episode #702H)
KQED Plus: Sat, May 25, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
* Scoop the Artist - Today's job is to build a new wing on the museum, before the grand exhibition opening. At the museum, Scoop decides he wants to be a great artist too! Scoop asks David, the artist, to teach him how to paint! At the museum, Bob wonders where Scoop is - they really need his help to get finished before the grand opening! As it was getting dark, Scoop rushes to the Supplier's Yard only to find it shut! He wanted to be an artist as well as a digger, but he didn't actually paint anything! Back at the museum, Bob asks Scoop to dig some flowerbeds. Scoop works extra fast, to make up for being out so long! When they are done, Scoop and David survey the work.... Scoop has dug the flowerbed out - in the shape of a beautiful flower! Now David doesn't need to paint his picture -Scoop is pleased - he's a digger, and an artist!
* Roley's Rovers - There is much excitement at the Yard. The machines find an old soccer ball and toss it around. Roley gets interested in the idea of a mascot, just as Bob arrives with Mr Bentley. He announces that the team are going to be fixing up the old Fixham Rovers soccerball field in time for the school's first game that afternoon! Mr Bentley points out that the Fixham Rovers club green exactly matches Roley's color - making him perfect for being the team mascot! Bob shows Roley the plans. But Roley is too wrapped up in his new world of chants to take them in and absent-mindedly agrees to be in charge of the job! Roley has to save the day. He uses his talent for inspirational chants to encourage the team to work faster than ever before - and re-build the field to be the new home of Fixham Rovers.
Following Clues (Pt. 2) (Episode #809H)
KQED Plus: Sun, May 19, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
Muck & the Old School Wall - Spud and Scrambler are still searching for the Golden Hammer. When they see school teacher Ela's class practicing their Chinese dragon dance in costume, they think the dragon is real. They decide to follow it in hopes of locating the Golden Hammer. Meanwhile, Bob and the team have been tasked with fixing the old school wall. Muck notices an interesting picture on the wall when Lofty demolishes it. Muck and the team manage to restore and uncover a picture of a dragon on the school wall. Spud and Scrambler finally return and on seeing the restored dragon picture on the wall, they follow the direction of the dragon's tongue to a loose brick, another red box and another clue. This time it's a trapezoid on the end of a line; but what does it mean? Scoop's Big Job - Following the latest clue - a trapezoid with a line extending from it Spud and Scrambler start their search at Fixham lighthouse. Bob and the team are also called to a restoration job at Fixham Lighthouse. As there are a lot of big jobs to do, Scoop insists that he can do all the jobs without any help. After a series of accidents, Scoop realizes that he needs to slow down and that others can be a great help with the big jobs. Meanwhile, Spud has managed to switch on the lighthouse lamp and the picture of the clue is actually a bucket at the end of a chain. Spud and Scrambler pull the chain and bucket up from the well where they find another red box and another clue - some sort of box or cube. What does this mean?
Developing Confidence (Episode #701H)
KQED Plus: Sat, May 18, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
* Scratch's Hidden Treasures - It's Scratch's first day, and he's a bit scared - he wants to fit in! Today they are helping by working on the Fixham Museum gardens. However, instead of giving Scratch a job to do,Bob asks him to watch everyone else - you can learn a lot from watching! Scratch spends the day watching the other machines but still isn't satisfied - he wants to do something! He decides to practice digging by himself... While digging Scratch's bucket hits something! He's found treasure! Concentrating hard, Scratch remembers everything he's learned from watching the other machines and manages to dig up the great treasure! Scratch is really pleased and admits that Bob was right - he did learn a lot from watching!
* Lofty and the Monster - Bob and the team are rebuilding an old shack on the beach and transforming it into a surf school with Brad Rad, the awesome new surf instructor. Meanwhile, Scoop, Dizzy and Scrambler are playing a game of monster chase. However, Lofty doesn't realize that it's only a game. He thinks there's a real monster coming to get them! As the build progresses, Scoop, Dizzy and Scrambler take turns to be the monster. But every time they whiz past,screaming with excitement, Lofty closes his eyes tight. Bob and Wendy reassure him that there's no such thing as monsters. Lofty is relieved to find out it is only a game. However, when Brad Rad emerges from the water in his diver's mask and snorkel, Scoop, Dizzy and Scrambler think he's a real monster! But this time Lofty who keeps his cool - there's no such things as monsters - remember!
Following Clues (Pt. 1) (Episode #808H)
KQED Plus: Sun, May 12, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
Scrambler and the Clue - The pillars at Fixham Museum need to be replaced. The museum's curator, David Mockney asks Bob and the team to help with the repairs. Mr. Mockney explains that Fixham was built years ago by Brickbeard the Pirate and legend tells of him burying a Golden Hammer. Scrambler believes the Golden Hammer is hidden in a red box. Spud and Scrambler think it would be great to find the Golden Hammer and give it to Bob as a gift! Lofty drops Spud down the chimney to look for the key but Spud crashes through the roof! After apologizing to Bob, Spud shows Scrambler the key he found when he fell through the roof. The key unlocks the red box and there is a piece of paper with a picture of a bear inside. Perhaps, this clue will lead them to the Golden Hammer. Lofty and the Teddy Bear Rescue - Bob and the team are helping Toyshop owner Mrs. Toosey build a new window for her shop. Spud and Scrambler are using the picture of the bear to continue their search for the Golden Hammer. At the toyshop, Lofty sees a box of teddy bears and decides to move them out of the way. Meanwhile, foxes follow him to the hiding place in the woods. Mrs. Toosey explains to Spud and Scrambler that she has teddy bears in her shop, but Lofty has moved them to keep them safe. With help from Bob and the team, they finally locate the teddy bears in the foxes' den. Back at the Toyshop, Spud sees a teddy sitting on a red box! Scrambler and Spud open the box and find another clue - a picture of a dragon. The search for the Golden Hammer continues!
Splasher to the Rescue (Episode #613)
KQED Plus: Sat, May 11, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
* Splasher, an amphibious vehicle, arrives into town for his first day of work taking the hotel guests for sight-seeing tours by land and sea. After a brave water rescue, he becomes known as Super-Splasher. Determined to live up to his new superhero name, he interrupts one of his tours to rescue some people who don't need rescuing! Will Splasher ever put his superhero skills to use again? < br />* It's a hot day in Sunflower Valley and Bob and the team are going to surprise Gripper and Grabber, who are coming from the city, with a new shelter. But that's not all. The shelter is also for Bristle, Flex and Tumbler! The team has to finish the shelter in the heat before Gripper and Grabber arrive. Bristle is eager to lend a hand but ends up hindering rather than helping. That is, until Bob needs someone to slow Gripper and Grabber down so they can finish the shelter in time.
Spud Hits The Airwaves (Episode #610)
KQED Plus: Sat, May 4, 2013 -- 7:00 AM
When Mike Turntable, the Sunflower DJ, needs to get his new microphone, Spud volunteers to run the radio station. Mike tells him that in the world of radio "bigger is better". Spud takes this advice a little too literally and concocts a series of wild stories. When he announces that a huge non-existent storm is on its way, the Valley is thrown into chaos with machines running this way and that. Soon gridlock brings the whole place to a standstill. Bob goes to rescue Spud and discovers the truth about his stories. Spud is very sorry and uses the radio to direct everyone back to where they should be. Spud decides that being a DJ is not for him. He's better off scaring crows. Mike Turntable has just finished the night shift at the radio station is trying to get some sleep at the Bobland Bay hotel before he DJs at the hotel pool party that evening. Scoop and Muck are digging the pool in time for the party, a job that's much noisier than they expect. Mike keeps waking up. Trying to dig quietly and quickly is proving impossible. Scoop tries to soundproof Mike's room with egg boxes, but that doesn't work, so he has another idea. He remembers Mike's favorite song and plays it to him through some big headphones. Mike is soon sleeping like a baby and the pool is soon finished! In fact Mike's sleeping so soundly that he doesn't wake up in time for the pool party and Scoop takes over as DJ!