Bee Gees: One Night Only
Duration: 1:28:40 STEREO
The Bee Gees, in this glossy musical and visual event, perform their biggest singles from the '60s, '70s, '80s and '90s, plus songs from their recent CD, Still Waters. Taped at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in November 1997, the concert features the timeless harmonies of Robin, Barry, and the late Maurice Gibb, and includes a special appearance by guest artist Celine Dion, performing "Immortality." Counted among the most successful musical groups of all time, the Bee Gees are the only recording artists to write and produce six straight number-one singles, and the first composers to have five songs in the Top Ten at the same time.
With a string of hit singles, the Bee Gees became pop stars in the late 1960s. But their participation on the soundtrack of the generation-defining film Saturday Night Fever shot them to mega-stardom in the mid-'70s. Featuring a slew of pop/disco standards like "Stayin' Alive, " "Night Fever" and "How Deep is Your Love," the album remains the biggest selling soundtrack in history, with 40 million copies sold to date.
The Bee Gees continued their success into the '80s and'90s, with platinum albums like Spirits Having Flown and successful collaborations with the likes of Barbra Streisand, Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick and Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers. In 1997 they were inducted into the Rock ' n' Roll Hall of Fame, and received career achievement awards from the American Music Awards and World Music Awards - tributes to the lasting quality of their work.
Song List: You Should Be Dancing, Alone, Massachusetts, To Love Somebody, I've Gotta Get a Message to You, Words, Islands in the Stream, Don't Throw it All Away, NightFever, More Than a Woman, Lonely Days, New York Mining Disaster 1941, I Can't See Nobody, And the Sun Will Shine, Nights on Broadway, Heart breaker, How Can You Mend a Broken Heart, Immortality, Tragedy, I Started a Joke, Grease, Jive Talkin', How Deep is Your Love, Stayin' Alive, You Should Be Dancing.
- KQED Plus: Sat, Oct 15, 2016 -- 10:00pm Remind me
- KQED Plus: Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 4:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Oct 20, 2016 -- 10:30pm Remind me
- KQED Plus: Fri, Oct 21, 2016 -- 4:30am Remind me
- KQED Life: Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 2:30pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 8:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 8:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 12:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 10:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 -- 10:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Fri, Oct 28, 2016 -- 4:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Fri, Oct 28, 2016 -- 4:00am Remind me