The longest-running performing arts anthology on television continues to feature the best in the performing arts.
Andrea Bocelli: Cinema (#3916) Duration: 1:56:53 STEREO TVG
From the internationally famous Dolby Theater in the heart of Hollywood, Andrea Bocelli pays musical tribute to the silver screen in a lush concert of beloved songs from the movies. Joined by Grammy-winning producer David Foster, the renowned tenor performs memorable favorites from blockbuster classics including The Godfather, Scent of a Woman, Dr. Zhivago, Once Upon a Time in America, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and many more.
- KQED Life: Thu, Feb 18, 2016 -- 8:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Thu, Feb 18, 2016 -- 8:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Fri, Feb 19, 2016 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Fri, Feb 19, 2016 -- 2:00am Remind me
- KQED Life: Sat, Feb 20, 2016 -- 3:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Sat, Feb 20, 2016 -- 3:00pm Remind me
- KQED Plus: Sun, Feb 21, 2016 -- 11:00am Remind me
- KQED Life: Sun, Feb 21, 2016 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Sun, Feb 21, 2016 -- 6:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Mon, Feb 22, 2016 -- 12:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Mon, Feb 22, 2016 -- 12:00am Remind me
- KQED Life: Fri, Mar 4, 2016 -- 9:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Fri, Mar 4, 2016 -- 9:00pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Sat, Mar 5, 2016 -- 3:00am Remind me
- KQED 9: Sat, Mar 5, 2016 -- 3:00am Remind me
- KQED Plus: Sun, Mar 6, 2016 -- 3:00pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Mon, Mar 14, 2016 -- 7:30pm Remind me
- KQED Life: Mon, Mar 14, 2016 -- 7:30pm Remind me
- KQED 9: Tue, Mar 15, 2016 -- 1:30am Remind me
- KQED Life: Tue, Mar 15, 2016 -- 1:30am Remind me
- KQED 9: Wed, Mar 16, 2016 -- 1:00pm Remind me
- KQED Plus: Wed, Mar 16, 2016 -- 8:30pm Remind me
- KQED Plus: Thu, Mar 17, 2016 -- 2:30am Remind me
Memphis (#3612H) Duration: 2:23:50 SRND51 TVPG-L
Winner of the 2010 Tony Award for Best New Musical, "Memphis" turns the radio dial back to the 1950s to tell the story of a white DJ named Huey Calhoun (Chad Kimball), whose love of music transcends racial lines and airwaves. His romantic interest is Felicia Farrell (Montego Glover), a young black singer whose career is on the rise, but who can't make the break out of segregated clubs on her own. When the two collaborate, her soulful sound reaches radio audiences everywhere, and the golden era of early rock & roll takes flight. But as things heat up, whether the world is really ready for their music - and their love - is put to a test. With a Tony-winning book and lyrics by Joe DiPietro ("I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change") and Tony-winning score with music by Bon Jovi founding member David Bryan, the production is directed by Christopher Ashley ("Xanadu") and choreographed by Sergio Trujillo ("Jersey Boys").
Twilight: Los Angeles (#3710H) Duration: 1:26:46 STEREO TV14-VL
In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the Los Angeles riots, GREAT PERFORMANCES presents a special encore of Anna Deavere Smith's "Twilight: Los Angeles," her one-woman/multi-voiced theater piece about the 1991 Rodney King beating, the violent aftermath of the 1992 verdict, and the lasting impact of the LA riots on America's conscience. Smith interviewed hundreds of people involved in the event and its aftermath, and virtually "becomes" some 30 real-life characters -- a Korean grocer, a Hollywood agent, LAPD captain Daryl Gates, a juror, even NRA spokesperson Charlton Heston. Recounting their stories verbatim, Smith assumes their voices and mannerisms with chameleon-like accuracy to chronicle this complex tragedy from its many cultural perspectives. Director Marc Levin weaves Smith's stage performance with news footage and interviews to create an unflinching portrait of rage, sorrow, loss, and battered hope.
Rejoice with Itzhak Perlman and Cantor Yitzchak Meir Helfgot (#3816B) Duration: 1:28:11 SRND51 TVG
Legendary violinist Itzhak Perlman and celebrated cantor Yitzchak Meir Helfgot join forces for a musical exploration of liturgical and traditional works in new arrangements for both chamber orchestra and klezmer settings. The music of Rejoice showcases the confluences between the violinist's famed classical technique and Helfgot's magnificent voice.