Healing A.D.D. with Dr. Daniel Amen
Healing A.D.D. with Dr. Daniel Amen Previous Broadcasts
KQED Plus: Sat, Mar 1, 2014 -- 2:00 PM
ADD or ADHD is a national health crisis that continues to grow-yet it remains one of the most misunderstood and incorrectly treated illnesses today. Kids and adults are put on powerful stimulant medications in short office visits without any biological information, and the stories of these medications hurting children and adults are common and persistent.
In this national public television program, psychiatrist Daniel Amen and his wife nurse Tana Amen take a completely new look at ADD and explain 7 unique types based on the extensive brain imaging work of the Amen Clinics on tens of thousands of ADD patients. Treating all people with ADD the same invites failure and frustration and can be a disaster, as the traditional treatments that make two of the types better can make the other 5 types worse.
The show is divided into three parts. In Part One, the myths and misconceptions about ADD will be discussed as well as the hallmark ADD symptoms. In Part Two, the 7 different types of ADD will be described in detail. And, in Part Three Dr. and Mrs. Amen we'll give you a clear method for Healing ADD, including the best natural treatments. They are not opposed to medication, but think it's smart to start with lifestyle and natural treatments first.
- KQED Plus: Wed, Mar 12, 2014 -- 1:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Tue, Mar 11, 2014 -- 7:00 PM
- KQED Life: Mon, Mar 10, 2014 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED 9: Mon, Mar 10, 2014 -- 4:00 AM
- KQED Life: Sun, Mar 9, 2014 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED 9: Sun, Mar 9, 2014 -- 10:00 PM
- KQED Life: Sun, Mar 9, 2014 -- 7:00 AM
- KQED 9: Sun, Mar 9, 2014 -- 7:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Sat, Mar 8, 2014 -- 7:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Wed, Mar 5, 2014 -- 3:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 -- 9:00 PM
- KQED 9: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 -- 1:00 PM
- KQED Plus: Mon, Mar 3, 2014 -- 2:00 AM
- KQED Plus: Sun, Mar 2, 2014 -- 8:00 PM
- KQED Plus: Sun, Mar 2, 2014 -- 11:30 AM