TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, January 10, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20014] (original broadcast date: 01/09/2014)
* Mike Allen of Politico on the scandal surrounding New Jersey Governor Chris Christie
* Ian Bremmer, President and founder of Eurasia Group
* Peter Singer on his book "Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know" duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33007H] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, hopes are rising that tomorrow's jobs report will come in better than expected. But is what's good for Main Street also good for Wall Street? And, why some credit card companies are sending you your credit score along with your monthly bill. duration 26:46 STEREO TVG
1:30 amBlenko Glass: Behind The Scenes Journey to the hills of Milton, West Virginia, into the heat of Blenko Glassworks and see first-hand how Blenko handmade glass is created, from start to finish. Each step in the Blenko glass-making process is accomplished by human hand, eyes, and he arts, not by impersonal machines. duration 1:29:30 STEREO TVG
3:00 amGreat Performances [#3813(] Pavarotti: A Voice for the Ages Like Enrico Caruso before him, Luciano Pavarotti extended his presence far beyond the limits of Italian opera. Quickly establishing his trademark rich sound as the greatest male operatic voice of the 20th century, he expanded his reach to stadium concerts and pop collaborations which brought him fame beyond measure. Audiences adored his larger than life personality, childlike charm, generous figure, and happy go lucky style. This program celebrates the 50th anniversary since his career debut in Amsterdam, Vienna, Zurich and finally London where he substituted for the ailing Giuseppe di Stefano as Rodolfo in La Boheme.
Even today, it is his powerful sound with its natural grace and brilliant color which still leads many to consider him the world's greatest voice. It is Pavarotti who brought opera to the masses and made football fans worldwide fall in love with "Nessun dorma." This program includes that hit and other beloved arias from La Boheme, Rigoletto and Aida; Neapolitan songs in arrangements by Henry Mancini including "Mamma" and "O Sole Mio"; favorite sacred songs like "Ave Maria" and "O Holy Night"; as well as popular duets with Bono, Sting and Eric Clapton. duration 58:10 STEREO TVG
4:30 amDeepak Chopra: What Are You Hungry for? Features world-renowned health expert, best-selling author and educator Deepak Chopra, M.D. In this program, Dr. Chopra returns to his medical roots and lectures on the scientific, behavioral and medical basis of hunger in all its manifestations and the healthy ways to fulfill it. duration 1:28:23 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#106H] The Birthday Cake Problem/The Doohickey Problem The Birthday Cake Problem - Peg's Pizza Place. Peg and Cat make a rockin' birthday cake for Jonah and his friends the Teens, but first they need to figure out how old he is going to be. Primary Content: The teen numbers.
The Doohickey Problem - The Purple Planet. When their space ship is smashed, Peg and Cat must reassemble its variously shaped parts, and retrieve sixteen stolen doohickeys. Primary Content: Patterns; Secondary Content: Shapes, the number 16. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#202H] The Surprising Bean/Hear Here * The Surprising Bean - Nick keeps trying to surprise Sally, but he just can't do it! The Cat takes them to find a real surprise in the Skippylarito Fields! Once there, Cat shows them a special bean - that suddenly moves! With a shrunken Thingamajigger, they go inside the bean and meet the moth larvae that lives there. They learn that it's really the moth that causes the bean to move. What a neat surprise indeed
* Hear Here - The kids hear chirping but can't find where it's coming from. If only they had better ears. Ears like an elephant? Or maybe an owl or even a fox? Not a problem when the Cat's around! He takes them to meet these animals with amazing ears. Back home the kids used what they learned from their new friends to find the sound - a teeny tiny cricket! What other great sounds are around? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#120H] Daniel's Sleepover/Backyard Camping Daniel's Sleepover - Daniel and his parents go to Prince Wednesday's castle for a family sleepover. When Daniel and Prince Wednesday go through their bedtime routines together, Daniel realizes how different it is sleeping at Prince Wednesday's castle. As bedtime nears, Daniel and Prince Wednesday notice some things that are just a little bit scary...but they soon learn that once they investigate further, they actually aren't scary at all! Backyard Camping - Daniel and O the Owl are camping in the yard with Dad Tiger and O is a little hesitant to sleep in this unfamiliar setting. However, once he examines this new setting closely, he learns that it's not so scary! In fact, different can be fun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#505H] Big Time Caillou Big Kid Caillou: Caillou's older friend Andre is coming over to play, but Caillou is a little worried that his toys are too 'little kid-ish". He quickly hides his toys, filling his room with big-boy stuff (like car magazines and grown-up games)...only to find out Andre isn't quite ready for big-boy stuff either. Educational Objective: The importance of not hiding who you really are. Caillou's Glasses: When Mommy gets a new pair of specs, Caillou wants glasses too. He pretends he has bad vision, tries to make a pair out of pipe cleaner, and even borrows an old pair of Mommy's glasses (minus the lenses). When Caillou tapes 'pretend lenses' to the frames - and can't see where he's going around the house - he finally realizes the importance of having good vision. Educational Objective: The importance of good vision - with or without glasses. Caillou's Dance Party: Miss Martin is throwing a dance party. Caillou is excited, only...he doesn't know how to dance! Caillou elicits advice from various family members, and feels more confused than ever when they each show him a different way to dance. When Caillou sees Miss Martin dancing any ol' (silly) way she wants, Caillou realizes it's more important to have fun than to worry about dance steps and styles. Educational Objective: There's more than one way to do things - like dancing! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#217] Curious George Sinks The Pirates/This Little Pig * Curious George Sinks the Pirates: Hundley, the proud lobby dachshund, is also quite the boats-dog and longs to set sail on the ocean blue. Hundley's dream becomes "reality" one night when he dozes off to sleep - and into a big maritime adventure. Aboard the S.S. Dignified, the most orderly ship to ever set sail, Captain Hundley and his crew - Gnocchi, Charkie, and First Mate George - gear up for a watery quest. Yet it's not exactly smooth sailing when Yellow Hat the Pirate and his crew attempt to take control of the vessel (Arrr!) and his own First Mate almost sinks the ship! Can Captain Hundley stay dignified and save the day?
* This Little Piggy: For George, Dulson's Toy Store is irresistible, especially since it's where he finds the sailboat of his dreams. But he learns that the boat costs five dollars - and now exactly 500 pennies stand between George and his big dream! After scouring his room and his penny reserve George comes up short, but then sets out to earn the rest of the money by doing everything from house chores to harmonica performances. The Man with the Yellow Hat gives George a special piggy bank in which to store his new savings - and, if George can only find a way to break open the bank to retrieve his funds, he'll discover that 100 nickels saved is indeed one sailboat earned. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#116H] Chasing Rainbows/Follow The Prints * Chasing Rainbows: The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow but can't remember all the colours to use. Luckily for them, Cat takes them to Colour-ga-lore to meet King Kaleidoscope, an expert on rainbows! A musical number teaches them the proper colour order, and a silly spray of water leads them to discover how to make their very own rainbow!
* Follow the Prints: Nick and Sally are enjoying a backyard picnic when they discover their last strawberry has gone missing! Who could have taken it? Cat's friend Cluey Looey can help them! They head to Muddyfeet Waterhole where they learn about how different animals make different types of footprints. Back home, they follow the prints and discover their strawberry was taken by a squirrel! Luckily, the Cat has some more! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#108H] The Dinosaur Problem/The Beethoven Problem The Dinosaur Problem - Prehistoric Valley. When Peg and Cat get lost riding dinosaurs through a prehistoric forest, they use a diagram to find their way to safety before the Baby T-Rex catches up to them. Primary Content: Following diagrams; Secondary Content: Patterns.
The Beethoven Problem - Vienna, circa 1800. When Peg and Cat are helping their pal Ludwig Van Beethoven write a symphony, Cat laughs in a certain pattern that gives Beethoven a great idea. Primary Content: Patterns; Secondary Content: Ordinal Numbers. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#134H] Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet!/Diamond Anniversary * Great Big Stomping Dinosaur Feet! - Tiny is very worried after she loses Shiny's favorite shiny shell, and enlists Dad and Buddy to help find a new one. As Tiny becomes more frantic, she begins stomping with frustration. Then the kids meet Daphne, a Daspletosaurus kid who shows them how to make stomping a fun dance instead of a temper tantrum.
* Diamond Anniversary - Mr. and Mrs. Pteranodon decide to surprise each other with gifts on their anniversary. Despite some close calls, the kids help each of them to keep their gifts a secret until the perfect moment when the whole family can celebrate. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#120] Clifford On Parade/Follow The Leader * Clifford on Parade - Emily and Charley are having a hard time deciding what kind of float to make for the annual Birdwell Parade. With a little help from Clifford, they learn the importance of compromise.
* Follow the Leader - Cleo has a hard time giving up her role as " leader" in a game of Follow The Leader, but soon learns that playing with friends is more fun when everyone cooperates and takes turns with one another. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#117] Time Out/Sniff Sniff * Time Out - Nina loses her date book. Jorge doesn't help her find it, thinking she will have more time to play with him. The plan backfires, and Jorge learns to respect Nina's commitments.
* Sniff Sniff - When Emily Elizabeth wakes up with a cold, Clifford does everything he can to make her feel better. He tries playing with a pop up book, playing ball, and getting her to dance. Finally he realizes that one of the best things you can do for someone who isn't feeling well doesn't feel like much at all. He goes into her room and snuggles with her, and she couldn't be happier.