TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, November 22, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19239] (original broadcast date: 11/20/13)
* Jony Ive, Senior Vice President of Design at Apple and industrial designer Marc Newson discuss their (Red) collaboration at Sotheby's.
* Robert Caro on President Kennedy's assassination. duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32252] duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#204H] Pasta Moon, Town Hall, Suppenkuche Contemporary Italian, in a romantic seaside setting, begin our show, followed by a lively, trendy, fun spot with comfort food. Then off to the flavors of Germany and the boisterous atmosphere of this beer-centric restaurant. duration 27:16 STEREO TVG
2:00 amMasterpiece Mystery! [#4023H] Inspector Lewis, Series III: Dark Matter When the Master of Gresham College, an amateur astronomer, is found dead at the foot of the University Observatory stairs, Lewis and Hathaway find that the finger of suspicion points at the staff. duration 1:24:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:30 amMasterpiece Mystery! [#4024H] Inspector Lewis, Series III: Your Sudden Death Question Lewis and Hathaway investigate the murder of a quiz competition contestant during a quiet summer holiday at an empty Oxford campus. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
5:00 amSecrets of Scotland Yard From Dickens to Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie to James Bond - no police institution in the world has caught the public imagination in the same way as Scotland Yard. The name has become synonymous with London's police force, but actually comes from the location of the original police headquarters building. Its officers and "Bobbies" are often seen in the news as protectors of the Royal Family and other British officials, but Scotland Yard is most often associated with police detectives. By meeting with some contemporary sleuths we'll reveal the secrets of what it takes to become a modern-day Sherlock Holmes, and we'll uncover some grim and grisly details of detectives who have gone before. duration 55:01 STEREO TV14
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#107H] The Tree Problem/Another Tree Problem The Tree Problem - Peg's Neighborhood. When Cat is stuck in a tree, Peg needs to figure out how to get him down using three giant gifts. Primary Content: Spatial sense, solving a puzzle; Secondary Content: Direction, position.
Another Tree Problem - Peg's Neighborhood. When Cat is stuck in a tree again Peg has to find a different way to get him down. Primary Content: Ordering objects by height; Secondary Content: Ordinal numbers. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#137H] Minnie Meerkat/Leaves * Minnie Meerkat - Sally and Nick are planning to camp out in the backyard, but there are some scary noises out there! Not to worry, The Cat's friend Minnie Meerkat can teach them all about camping safe. Off to Peekaboo Plains where a group of meerkats show them how they make their camp safe every night. Now Sally and Nick know what to do to feel safe in the backyard. And it doesn't hurt to have the best lookout ever - The Cat in the Hat!
* Leaves - Nick and Sally are going to make a leaf collage of Cat, but the leaves they have aren't the right shape, they need different ones.It's off to Kaloo-Kalee for some leaf collecting! There, they learn that leaves help trees make food, and that's why it's best not to pick the leaves from the branches. They collect fallen leaves from three different trees with very different leaves. Now they have everything they need to make their picture of Cat, and even one for Fish! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#102H] Daniel Visits School/Daniel Visits The Doctor Daniel Visits School - Daniel is visiting school for the first time and he's a little nervous until he learns that asking questions so that he knows what to expect is the best way to handle the anxiety that comes with new experiences. Daniel Visits the Doctor - Daniel is going to Dr. Anna for his checkup - but he is very anxious! Mom Tiger teaches him that talking about the situation will help him feel calmer, so Daniel makes a book with all the information he knows about the doctor. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#310] Caillou The Scientist * Magnet Madness - Caillou is playing with the fridge magnets and learns lots of things about them. About what they stick to and what they don't stick to - like Gilbert! He even imagines himself as a human magnet superhero. In the end Caillou is able to apply what he's learned and uses a magnet to help Daddy retrieve a metal peg from behind the workbench.
* Caillou the Dinosaur Hunter - The whole family goes on a trip to the natural history museum to look at the dinosaurs. Caillou is really enjoying himself looking at the skeletons and learning about the different kinds of dinosaurs. When he momentarily loses the others he knows enough to stay put until Mommy comes back and finds him. And when he realizes he's left Rexy somewhere he learns about the lost and found, and retraces his steps until he finds his dinosaur friend.
* Caillou the Astronaut - Caillou wants to play with both his friends Clementine and Xavier in the playschool playground. Unfortunately Clementine wants to play bears and Xavier wants to play astronauts, and a little argument ensues. At story time Miss Martin tells them more about spaceships and astronauts and Caillou imagines he's zooming around the galaxy exploring stars and planets. Back outside Caillou makes up a new astronaut and bear game so everyone can play together. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#201] Up, Up and Away/Skunked * Up, Up and Away - A tether, a basket, and a heap of hot air: George discovers that it takes all three for a balloon to score a successful lift-off. As Mrs. Renkins demonstrates how a hot-air balloon works, George and Bill bound into the basket and they soon find themselves accidentally airborne - alone! Will Mrs. Renkins and The Man with the Yellow Hat ever catch up with the flying duo? Not before George and Bill's windy flight path carries them on quite an adventure - and toward an array of feathered friends who land on their basket. And when one of the birds gets trapped in the balloon, it gives them the idea they need to help get them down to earth.
* Skunked - There's a strange-looking cat eating George's peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But wait, it's not a cat, it's a skunk! And George is fascinated. After trying and failing to make friends with the creature several times - and being subjected to multiple baths of tomato juice after repeatedly getting "skunked" - George is relieved to get back to the city and away from all of those smelly encounters. What he doesn't realize is that he and The Man inadvertently brought along their new "friend" in a picnic basket - and that one little skunk is about to wreak a whole lot of havoc in a certain apartment building. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#209H] Little Lemmings/Keep The Beat * Little Lemmings - It's cold outside, but Nick and Sally want to keep playing. Is there a way to stay warm out in the cold? Cat's friend Lars the Lemming will know! He lives in the Wundra-Bundra-Tundra. It's cold out, but with Lars' fur coat, he doesn't even notice! They help Lars find a new home, one where there's more food for him and his family and they discover that he uses the snow to help keep him warm! Back at home the kids wear two winter coats to help them keep warm. But what's even warmer than that, hot chocolate
* Keep the Beat - Nick and Sally have been running around the backyard and now their chests are thumpity thumping! The Cat explains that that is their hearts boom boom booming! But why? wonders Sally. A visit to Dr. Giggles will answer that question. By shrinking down super small, they follow Dr. Giggles' directions to follow the path that blood takes, learning about how the heart is a pump. They watch Thing 2's heart beat faster when he runs, and slows down when he stops. With all this running around, their bodies are now making another sound - rumbling tummies! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#110H] The Race Car Problem/The Big Gig Problem The Race Car Problem - Junk Yard/Race Track Stadium. Peg and Cat rebuild their homemade race car, "Hot Buttered Lightnin'," to compete in the Talla-peg-a 20 race. Primary Content: More than, less than; Secondary Content: Solid shapes.
The Big Gig Problem - The Farm. Peg and Cat need to round up the missing members of their touring band, the Electric Eleven, in time for their big gig for 100 chickens. Primary Content: Counting backwards from 11; Secondary Content: Deductive reasoning, the 20s. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#226H] Dinosaur Train Submarine: A Sea Turtle Tale/Rocket Train Our Pteranodon family is on the beach watching small eggs hatch and baby Archelon turtles emerge, and start to swim away. Our family and Mr. Conductor get into the Dinosaur Train Submarine and follow the baby Archelons who discover their own facts of nature - that their mother doesn't stay with them after they're born, and that they will grow up to be giant-sized sea turtles. Tiny and Buddy find out that a newer train will be riding the same tracks as the Dinosaur Train. The new train is called the Rocket Train, and its conductor is named Thurston Troodon, who was a former classmate and rival of Mr. Conductor. Thurston is very confident and boasts that the Rocket Train is newer, better, and faster than the "old Dinosaur Train." Mrs. Troodon, Thurston, and Mr. Conductor's old teacher, suggests a friendly train race. With Tiny and Buddy on board, the "old" Dinosaur Train ends up helping out Thurston and the new Rocket Train after it breaks down. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#212] When I Grow Up/Not Now, I'm Busy * When I Grow Up - Clifford's Big Idea: Be Respectful.
When Jetta hears that Charley wants to be a Martial Arts Master when he grows up, she gives him a hard time about it. But Jetta soon learns that everyone's dreams are valuable and worthy.
* Not Now, I'm Busy - Clifford's Big Idea: Help Others.
Clifford, Cleo and T-Bone go to KC's house to visit him, but K.C. tells the gang he's too busy to play and Cleo feels slighted. Later, when the dogs walk by K.C.'s house and see K.C.'s owner reading to him, Cleo's hurt is compounded. Eventually the dogs learn that K.C. is moving to the island to be an assistance dog. The dogs learn that even though sometimes friends aren't always available, they're still friends. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#121] Moving On/Fair Is Fair * Moving On - The Sidarskys are moving to a newer mouse hole around the corner. Clifford offers to help them move the big family clock when he comes back from lunch. But on the way back, he gets distracted. By the time he gets back to the laundry room, the Sidarskys have already moved, but things are chaotic because the baby can't sleep without that clock. Clifford feels bad for not being there to help, but he makes amends by moving the clock now and restoring harmony to the Sidarsky household.
* Fair is Fair - Emily Elizabeth and Nina volunteer to read to kids at the book fair, but problems arise when their replacements - Shun and Evan - don't show up in time.