TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, October 4, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19204H] (original broadcast date: 10/03/13)
* Sebastian Pinera, President of Chile
* a look at the play "The Glass Menagerie" with actors Zachary Quinto, Celia Keenan-Bolger, Brian J. Smith and Cherry Jones. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32217Z] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, high anxiety in Washington. The Treasury says a U.S. default would be catastrophic and stocks did not like that one bit. The ramifications of the ongoing gridlock in the Capitol. Plus the CEO of Tenet Healthcare on what the new health care laws mean for hospitals. duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#811H] Live Sushi, Chavez Supermarket and Taqueria, and Bistro Vis a Vis * Cool but cozy, Live Sushi delivers fresh seafood and a creative spin to traditional Japanese cuisine. It's in the heart of the Excelsior District of San Francisco.
* Unpretentious Chavez Supermarket and Taqueria in Hayward is a quick stop for Mexican comfort food favorites - stop, and shop for groceries at the same time!
* Last, but not least, Greenbrae's hidden gem Bistro Vis a Vis presents Marin residents with a chance to enjoy elegant, sustainable and locally-sourced food without driving to the city. duration 26:48 STEREO TVG
2:00 amSan Francisco Opera [#404] Lucrezia Borgia Renee Fleming, one of the most acclaimed artists of our time, sings the title role of Donizetti's bel canto masterpiece - the notorious femme fatale from Renaissance Italy, renowned for her ruthless pursuit of power. duration 2:29:06 SRND51 TVG
4:11 amGreat Performances [#3609B] Placido Domingo: My Favorite Roles Placido Domingo is not only one of the most popular and celebrated tenors of his generation, but his international career has also led him to his dual directorships of the Washington National Opera and the Los Angeles Opera. In this performance documentary, Domingo looks back and reflects on his favorite roles from opera houses around the world. The story of Domingo's roots in Spain is interwoven with his famous performance as Don Jose in "Carmen" at the Vienna Staatsoper. His memories about his childhood in Mexico inform his acclaimed performance of "El Gato Montes" from the LA Opera. We see him in some of his earliest roles singing "cielo e mar" from "Gioconda" in Madrid, as well as his debut in "Ernani" at Milan's La Scala. Other highlights: from the Metropolitan Opera, his striking performance in Verdi's "Luisa Miller;" excerpts from the Emmy-winning "Tosca" from Rome; and Domingo's star turns in "Simon Boccanegra," "Les Contes D'Hoffmann," "Samson et Dalilah," "I Pagliacci" in Zefirelli's film (La Scala) and his enduring signature role in Verdi's "Otello." duration 1:58:59 STEREO
6:00 amRaggs [#142] Forest During Funky Forest Friday, the dogs help Pido tell the story of Little Red Riding Pup. When Trilby wants to go camping, the dogs pretend their garden is a forest for camping. Together, they figure out all the things they would need to bring for a successful camping trip. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#116] Chasing Rainbows/Follow The Prints * Chasing Rainbows: The kids are painting a picture of a rainbow but can't remember all the colours to use. Luckily for them, Cat takes them to Colour-ga-lore to meet King Kaleidoscope, an expert on rainbows! A musical number teaches them the proper colour order, and a silly spray of water leads them to discover how to make their very own rainbow!
* Follow the Prints: Nick and Sally are enjoying a backyard picnic when they discover their last strawberry has gone missing! Who could have taken it? Cat's friend Cluey Looey can help them! They head to Muddyfeet Waterhole where they learn about how different animals make different types of footprints. Back home, they follow the prints and discover their strawberry was taken by a squirrel! Luckily, the Cat has some more! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#103H] Daniel's Babysitter/Daniel Goes to School Daniel's Babysitter - Prince Tuesday comes to babysit Daniel Tiger while Mom Tiger and Dad Tiger go out dancing. As Daniel gets ready for bed, he misses his Mom and Dad, but Prince Tuesday reminds him that they will be back soon. And when Tigey goes missing right before bedtime, Daniel learns what a grr-ific babysitter Prince Tuesday is. Daniel Goes to School - When Daniel joins the rest of his friends at school, he doesn't want his Dad to leave - until Dad Tiger reminds him that "grownups come back." Then, Miss Elaina loses her locket and misses her mom, Lady Elaine. The kids help Miss Elaina find the locket and enjoy the rest of the school day. After lunch, the grownups return to the school. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#508H] Caillou Learns Patience Rushing the Raspberry: Caillou is helping Mommy take care of a raspberry bush. When he promises to bring his preschool pals some raspberries, he realizes he needs to see his promise through. But it's hard waiting for berries to ripen, and it seems to take forever. When they do finally ripen, Caillou realizes good (and delicious!) things are worth waiting for. Educational Objective: Realizing good things are worth waiting for. Wait to Skate: Daddy is building an ice rink in the backyard, only Caillou can't wait to skate. When his impatience almost ruins the rink, Caillou realizes that things take time...and good things are worth waiting for. Educational Objective: The importance of having patience. Caillou's Hiccups: A spaghetti dinner (and a lot of giggling) result in Caillou getting the hiccups. Daddy thinks he knows how to cure them, and together, they embark on a series of hiccup-curing trials. But none of them see to work! Mommy insists the hiccups will go away on their own - as long as Caillou doesn't make a big deal of them... and she's right! Educational Objective: Don't make a mountain out of a molehill! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#111] Water to Ducks/Animal Magnetism * Water to Ducks - After a big rain, George is ecstatic to discover ducks swimming in a big puddle next to the country house. But the puddle starts to shrink and the ducks begin to fly away. How can George keep that puddle from evaporating so he and Jumpy can continue to play peek-a-boo with that cute baby duck?
* Animal Magnetism - On a mission to find magnets to hang his newest masterpiece on the refrigerator, George learns a lot about magnets. His new knowledge comes in handy when he has to save his precious artwork from a giant magnetic crane at the junkyard. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#212H] Rumbly Tumbly/Planet Name Game * Rumbly Tumbly: Nick's hungry tummy is rumbling! But why do our stomachs make noises when they're hungry? A super shrunken trip into Thing One's stomach will show them the answer! They learn how chewing and stomach juices help to break down the food, and the tummy sounds are actually the stomach working. When your tummy is empty, the sounds are much louder! There's only one way to quiet Nick's rumbly tumbly... a chewy chocolate chunky chunk chip cookie!
* Planet Name Game: Nick and Sally have run out of things to name in the garden. Good thing Cat needs help putting his model of the solar system back together - they can help him name the planets! Off in the Space-a-ma-racer they go on a whirlwind trip around the universe, learning the names of the seven planets as they go. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#137] The Three Feathers All aboard! Pig and his brothers are building a train set but Pig's negative attitude has stopped him in his tracks! The Super Readers encounter a young prince about to embark on a race to find a magic carpet! The only problem is the prince doesn't think he can do it! As the Super Readers journey towards the magic carpet, they wonder if they'll be able to change the prince's outlook.
Educational Objectives: To learn about the power of positive thinking, practice the alphabet and spelling skills, identify the letters U, N, L, O, C, K and use the power to read to change the story! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#214H] Dinosaur Train Submarine: Shoshana Shonosaurus/All Kinds of Families The Pteranodon family goes under the sea again, to ride the Dinosaur Train Submarine - this time they go to meet Shoshana Shonisaurus, an enormous marine reptile that's something between a dolphin and a whale. Since Shoshana loves to dive down very deep, Shiny has a problem with following her down to the bottom of the sea. Shoshana kindly helps Shiny get over her fear of diving deep. When Buddy expresses his feelings about being adopted to Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon, they tell him that he will always be a part of the Pteranodon family. Mom takes Buddy and Tiny to meet another adopted dinosaur kid named Sonny Sauroposeidon, a huge tall creature, now a part of tiny Mikey Microraptor's family. Buddy and Sonny bond over being adopted and knowing that they are both in adoptive families that are different species but still love and appreciate them. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#120] Clifford On Parade/Follow The Leader * Clifford on Parade - Emily and Charley are having a hard time deciding what kind of float to make for the annual Birdwell Parade. With a little help from Clifford, they learn the importance of compromise.
* Follow the Leader - Cleo has a hard time giving up her role as " leader" in a game of Follow The Leader, but soon learns that playing with friends is more fun when everyone cooperates and takes turns with one another. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#125] The Halloween Bandit/An Honest Spin * The Halloween Bandit - When the dessert buffet is raided at the apartment building's annual Halloween party and havoc is wreaked by a small puppy, all the evidence points to Clifford. But the small red puppy is supported by his loyal animal friends and, of course, Emily Elizabeth. Using a bit of detective work, the animals unmask the real culprit - a stray little puppy that sneaked into the party. Ultimately, this hungry little puppy is adopted by a neighborhood family and given a home.
* An Honest Spin - When Clifford accidentally breaks Daffodil's spinning top, he thinks the right thing to do is to tell her, but instead, he follows Norville's advice and goes to great lengths to keep Daffodil from finding out.