TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, June 7, 2013
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19119H] (original broadcast date: 6/06/13)
* A discussion about China-US relations and the upcoming meetings between President Obama and President Xi Jinping with Richard McGregor of the Financial Times; Noah Feldman of Harvard Law School and And James Fallows of the Atlantic Magazine
* MacKenzie Bezos on her book "Traps" duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32132Z] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, the market is looking for an unemployment rate that's not too hot and not too cold. But what happens if they don't get a number that's just right? And why is this report so important to your money? Plus, we'll look at why big businesses are teaming up with the government in the name of national security. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 am3 Steps to Incredible Health! with Joel Fuhrman, M.D. [#1(] This program directly addresses the crisis of obesity and chronic disease plaguing America. Over 65% of Americans are overweight or obese - and that number is growing just like our waistlines! Dr. Joel Fuhrman's revolutionary health plan is not about will power, it is about knowledge. It offers a healthy, effective, and scientifically proven plan for shedding weight quickly and reclaiming the vitality and good health we all deserve. duration 1:59:57 STEREO TVG
3:30 amMario Frangoulis Live with the Boston Pops On June 21, 2012, Mario was joined by the legendary Boston Pops Maestro Keith Lockhart. This concert event at Boston Symphony Hall featured a dynamic program based mostly on the Mario Frangoulis Beautiful Things album, supplemented with duets, and music from Mario Frangoulis' broader repertoire. As part of the event, Mario Frangoulis invited special guests: Hayley Westenra, Alkistis Protopsalti, George Perris and Stephan Moccio to join him on stage for a dynamic and unforgettable evening of contemporary classical-crossover and world music. duration 1:29:38 STEREO TVRE
5:00 amT'ai Chi, Health and Happiness with David-Dorian Ross This program introduces viewers to the practical benefits of the Chinese martial art of T'ai Chi. Respected expert David-Dorian Ross combines a series of demonstrations that walk the viewer through the basics of T'ai Chi with an engaging and detailed description of the specific health and wellness benefits of each part of the process. duration 58:37 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#120] Sleep Raggs' dreams are keeping him awake and Pido can't sleep because he's too excited about the upcoming Tail-Chasing Championships. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#104H] A Plan for Sand/Whale Music * A Plan for Sand - Nick and Sally are playing in their sandbox, but there's not enough room for them to build their castles. The Cat arrives to take them to the biggest sandbox they'll ever see! In the desert, they meet Carmela the Camel who teaches them about how camels are adapted to live in the dry, sandy climate.
* Whale Music - Nick and Sally have made a song to sing to their moms, but they can't get the ending quite right. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet the best singing teacher in the world, Humphrey the Humpback Whale! While bobbing in the ocean, Humphrey teaches the kids that whales communicate by singing, and that it's not how you sing that matters, but what you're saying in the song. The kids return home to delight their mothers with their song! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#110H] Daniel Shares His Tigertastic Car/Katerina Shares Her Tutu * Daniel Shares his Tigertastic Car - Daniel and his friends are playing together in the park. Daniel has a new toy car and struggles to share it with the others. But in the end, Daniel learns that sharing is easy when he knows he will get his special toy back
* Katerina Shares her Tutu - Daniel is playing at Katerina's house and the friends decide to perform a Jungle Dance show. Daniel wants to be a lion, while Katerina decides to be a dancing flower, but both need the same tutu for their costume. Luckily, with Henrietta's help they find a way to share the tutu and perform a grr-ific Jungle Dance show! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#412] Knowing I'm Growing Caillou is getting bigger! Caillou's feet are growing, so Mommy takes him to the shoe store where the salesman measures his feet, and Caillou gets a new pair of shoes. But he's not as big as Andre, who can ride a big bike, or Sarah, who is losing a tooth and waiting for the Tooth Fairy. Caillou is reassured he's growing when the growth chart shows how tall he has become. And, Caillou is too big for his favorite shirt, so he gives it to his favorite teddy bear to wear. On another day, Sarah invites Caillou to a little brother or sister day at school. The school is big and Caillou is a little afraid. But with Sarah's help Caillou has a lot of fun. duration 28:55 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#204] Curious George Gets All Keyed Up/Gutter Monkey * Curious George gets All Keyed Up: Betsy prepares to play the xylophone at a school concert one evening, and George, who has always been mesmerized by Betsy's music, volunteers to deliver the xylophone to Betsy's school while she goes to the beautician that afternoon. Betsy's brother Steve also promises to help, but when he becomes distracted by his videogame, they lose track of time and have to get the xylophone out the door very quickly. So George and Steve take all the keys out in a hurry - and when George gets to the school he realizes that he's forgotten what order they go in! Will George be able to fix the xylophone, or will Betsy's beautiful tunes become suddenly and horribly "out of key"?
* Gutter Monkey: It's bowling night! George cheers on The Man with the Yellow Hat and then tries to get the ball rolling himself. But when George rolls, it's always a gutter ball. Back at home, George polishes the Man's bowling ball before the big tournament and it looks so good he decides to test it out on the curvy front lawn - but all of those ruts and hills can sure ruin a monkey's game! And things don't exactly look up, er, straight, when George takes it inside and discovers that a smooth surface in the dining room can spell trouble for the plates in the china cabinet. Will George be able to get the ball under control and to the bowling alley in time for the Man's competition?