TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19072] (original broadcast date: 04/02/13)
A discussion about North Korea's announcement to restart its main nuclear reactor with Chris Hill, former US Ambassador to South Korea, and Mark Landler of the New York Times duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32085] Tonight on Nightly Business Report - Stockton, California is now under bankruptcy protection and the focus will be on whether the city will meet its pension obligations. We take a look at the nation's growing pension crisis. And, what should you do when it comes to investing in tech? duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amSpark! [#403] The New American Landscape Spark meets artists who've become part of the long tradition of artists who have made landscape their subject, but with a contemporary twist.
* Encounter the small-scale, yet familiar, buildings of Tracey Snelling's process-driven sculptures.
* Paul Madonna hits the streets looking for cityscape inspiration of which to draw for his weekly San Francisco Chronicle comic, "All Over Coffee."
* Camp out with photographer Trevor Paglen as he surveys the desert's hidden elements.
* See San Francisco as you've never seen it before: as a jiggling kaleidoscope of Jell-O in sculptures molded by Liz Hickok. duration 28:11 STEREO TVG
2:00 amHistory Detectives [#1008H] American West The History Detectives investigate four stories from the American West. Did a biography of legendary frontiersman Kit Carson once belong to members of his family? Then, from the rodeo to Hollywood, a saddle tells the story of Yakima Canutt, who made life safer for movie stunt artists. What is the meaning behind the mysterious inscription on sheet music of the popular western song "Tumbling Tumbleweeds"? Finally, did a pivotal character in the Modoc Indian wars weave this basket? duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
3:00 amKind Hearted Woman [#102] (see description in part 1.) duration 2:56:46 STEREO TV14 (Secondary audio: none)
6:00 amRaggs [#210H] Movement & Balance Razzles is teaching the dogs a new dance but Raggs keeps muddling the steps. Stand back, brain attack. Pido has a new idea to help Raggs remember the moves. They discover a great trick using music and counting! When Pido loses his balance on the surfboard, he discovers that he needs to practice to surf. When Trilby wants everyone to practice dancing, she teaches Pido that dancing will help Pido become a better surfer, too. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#204H] No Night Today/Fun in the Sun * No Night Today - Nick and Sally want to keep playing, but it's getting dark. Why does nighttime have to come? The Cat knows someone who can answer that question - Astronaut Audrey! With a trip to her International Space Station and a large model of the solar system, the kids learn that it's the earth's spinning near the sun that makes it night or day
* Fun in the Sun - Phew it's hot! Too hot to play outside. Not according to The Cat! His friend Hilda the Hippo knows all about having fun in the sun. A visit to Muddymoo River teaches them that hippos make their very own sunscreen to protect them from the hot sun.Now that they all have their sunscreen on, it's time for some fun in the sun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#102H] Daniel Visits School/Daniel Visits The Doctor Daniel Visits School - Daniel is visiting school for the first time and he's a little nervous until he learns that asking questions so that he knows what to expect is the best way to handle the anxiety that comes with new experiences. Daniel Visits the Doctor - Daniel is going to Dr. Anna for his checkup - but he is very anxious! Mom Tiger teaches him that talking about the situation will help him feel calmer, so Daniel makes a book with all the information he knows about the doctor. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#513H] Creative Caillou Sarah's Kite: Caillou flies Sarah's kite...and accidentally crashes it into a tree. Determined to get a new kite for Sarah, Caillou is disappointed when Mommy can't find a store that sells them. When Daddy suggests they make a kite, Caillou isn't convinced it'll be better than a store-bought kite...until it's finally finished! Sarah and Caillou are thrilled with their homemade kite - because they made it together. Educational Objective: Making amends; store bought isn't necessarily better than homemade. Caillou's New Game: Caillou has some friends over and they want to play a game, only it's not quite working out for them. Mommy is painting Caillou's bedroom and he can't get to his toybox; Sarah's dog chews up his ball; and a tug-of-war results in a frayed skipping rope. When Caillou sees Mommy mixing paint from odds and ends, he decides to be creative too. He and pals create their own fun game! Educational Objective: A little ingenuity goes a long way! Shiny Reminder: Caillou promises to return Leo's special marker after borrowing it...only, he can't seem to remember to bring it to preschool! After a few failed attempts at remembering, Caillou finally realizes - with the help of Miss Martin and her sticky notes - that he needs something visual to help him remember...and a shiny sticker is just the trick! Educational Objective: It's important to return borrowed items; finding active ways to help oneself remember. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#303] For The Birds/Curious George-Asaurus * For the Birds: George loves feeding the birds, but they must be starving, because all the seeds keep disappearing! Perplexed, George returns with more food, only to find a big, bushy tail sticking out of the feeder. It's Jumpy Squirrel, caught in the act of eating all the seeds! George tries to squirrel-proof the birdhouse, moving it further from the tree trunk, clearing away freestanding objects, and even developing a pulley laundry line system to hang it from. But to no avail - that squirrel can climb - and apparently eat - anything! Why does Jumpy keep taking the seeds? Has his appetite suddenly grown - or maybe they're not all for him?
* George-asaurus: Professor Wiseman needs the Man with the Yellow Hat's help to assemble some rare dinosaur bones into a skeleton in time for an important archaeologist, Dr. Raj Desai, to see them. Wiseman and the Man finish the task and meet Dr. Desai for lunch. Meanwhile, George and Gnocchi play outside with a toy plane, which floats though a window--landing on the newly assembled dinosaur. When George climbs the fragile bones to retrieve it, the entire skeleton collapses! Using another dinosaur as a model, George is able to organize, sort, and piece together the bones back into its proper form. But how will Dr. Desai feel about a monkey working on his precious dinosaur bones, especially when the wrong head ends up on the dinosaur's skeleton? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#120H] Pick Your Friends/ Finola's Farm * Finola's Farm: Nick and Sally are trying to have breakfast but have run out of milk. The Cat arrives to take them to Finola's Farm to have breakfast with Finola. First they learn how to milk a cow, then they discover that cows milk can be made into butter and cheese and best of all - ice cream!
* Pick Your Friends: It's Valentine's Day and Nick and Sally can't agree on how to decorate the card they're making for Cat. Does this mean they aren't really best friends? Cat takes them to meet Sheldon, a tortoise who knows all about friendship. They learn that Sheldon's best friend is completely different than he is and that being best friends doesn't mean you always have to agree. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#210] The Great Robot Race Ready...steady...splat! Whyatt and his puppy want to win the porridge race, but the bowl of breakfast cereal keeps falling off the puppy's back. This is a super MESSY problem! The reading friends visit The Great Robot Race and encounter a boy named Bradbury who is determined to help his robo-doggie to win a race too! Both Bradbury and the super readers will have to use a little creative problem solving to help robo-doggie zoom to the head of the pack! Educational Objectives: To learn about innovation, experiment with the alphabet and rhyme with ING words. Preschoolers will also learn what the word "fins" means and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#104] I'm A T. Rex!/Ned The Quadruped * I'm a T. rex! - Buddy travels to Rexville on the Dinosaur Train and meets Delores Tyrannosaurus and her daughter Annie. When he sees that he shares all the same features, Buddy learns that he is a Tyrannosaurus rex!
* Ned the Quadruped - Buddy and Tiny tour the Dinosaur Train and earn their Junior Conductor hats while their friend Ned, a four-legged, long-necked Brachiosaurus and regular Train rider, tags along. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#118] Mac's Secret Dog Club/The Dog Park * Mac's Secret Dog Club - Mac starts a club and tries to exclude T-Bone. When Cleo and Clifford refuse to join without T-Bone, Mac gets lonely being the only member of such an "exclusive" club. Mac soon realizes that it's not fun to be left out and he opens the club to everyone.
* The Dog Park - It's a beautiful day at the park, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and the dogs are playing-much to Mr. Bleakman's annoyance! Mr. Bleakman manages to make the park "off limits" to dogs only to discover that he misses them when they're gone. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#112] Sing-A-Song Norville/ Tell Me A Tale * Sing-A-Song Norville - After encouraging Norville to practice his singing, it's up to Clifford to find a way to tell his friend his constant singing is inconsiderate.
* Tell Me A Tale - A snowstorm keeps Shun, Emily Elizabeth and Nina from going outside to play. Shun thinks of a fun way to relieve their boredom.