TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, March 29, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19069] (original broadcast date: 03/28/13)
* Carl Levin, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Armed Services
* Nick D'Aloisio, creator of the Summly application duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32082] duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amSuper Brain with Dr. Rudy Tanzi This program explores new discoveries in neuroscience that maximize the potential of the human brain in practical and actionable ways. The field of neuroscience has been exploding with new findings by the day. Ever since it became possible to view the human brain as it lights up with activity, researchers have had to change long-held assumptions about an organ that has been called "the three-pound universe." Dr. Rudy Tanzi is introduced by his co-author Dr. Deepak Chopra. In his new program, the Harvard Medical School professor takes advantage of cutting-edge research to show the way we all can maximize our brain's potential. duration 1:28:42 STEREO TVG
3:30 amEd Slott's Retirement Rescue for 2013! Congress has spoken and Ed Slott is here to help you understand what it means to you, your family and your retirement savings. This program is fully-updated, and a powerful call-to-action for American consumers concerned about their retirement. Ed Slott defines the monumental fiscal problems facing Americans and provides a step-by-step solution to creating a plan of action. Ed builds on the success of his earlier programs with all new information but continues with the "Slott formula" of using humor, personal stories and detailed facts from the tax code to make his points. duration 1:59:54 STEREO TVG
5:30 amImageMakers [#1006H] That's Just Love Sneakin' Up On You TABLE 7 - USA
A couple with relationship issues has an intimate conversation in an Asian restaurant, unaware that their every word is secretly being monitored. Directed by Marko Slavnic and Andrew McDonald. Principal cast: Ray Rosales, Stephanie Lozos and Isaac Kim.
CATAPLEXY - USA
Sidney suffers from cataplexy, an unusual medical condition where he becomes literally paralyzed when he is overcome with emotion. Rather than take that chance, he relies on impersonal sexual encounters to meet his physical needs. One night he is embarrassed to discover the call girl at his front door is an old friend from high school. The film was done as part of a competition where the film went from concept to screen in just 72 hours. Directed by John Salcido. Principal cast: Dave Tenenbaum and Michelle Noh.
CROSSWORD - Ireland
Heather is single with very few friends except for the barmaid in the pub she frequents after work everyday. Her favorite pastime is doing crossword puzzles. On the eve of her 40th birthday, she has a strange experience when all the answers to the day's crossword seem to be around her. Is it magic, coincidence or something else? In a crossword -- just like in life -- when lines meet and paths converge it is not a matter of luck, but rather part of a greater plan. The film was directed by Vincent Gallagher. Principle cast: Louise Lewis, Mark O'Shaughnessy, Maire Hastings, Andrew Bennett, and Kevin McDonough. duration 26:30 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#207H] All Kinds of Moves It's Movement Monday at Puppy Preschool and Razzles has to teach the puppies how animals move differently. The rest of the dogs realize that Razzles has her animal movements all mixed-up. So, it is a perfect time for a Group Howl and club meeting where the dogs solve the problem and create a musical way to help Razzles learn the movements. Trilby loves moving things and decides it would be fun to move things around the clubhouse. When the dogs come back from the concert, they find that Trilby has moved all of their things to different places. This creates quite an adventure to move everything back. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#117H] A Long Winter's Nap/The Tree Doctor * A Long Winter's Nap: Sally and Nick are so excited to go ice skating tomorrow, that they can't fall asleep! Cat's friend Boris the Bear can help! Off they go to the Gleep-sneep Woods to learn how Boris gets ready to take his long winter's nap. Back at home, Nick and Sally follow Boris' advice, and, with the help of a bedtime story from Cat, they quickly fall asleep.
* The Tree Doctor: Sally's little maple sapling hasn't grown any bigger! To discover why, The Cat in the Hat takes the kids to meet Dr. Twiggles. With the help of the doctor and his songs, Nick and Sally discover how trees "eat" - through their leaves and roots. They also learn that trees grow verrrry slowly. A few more years and their maple sapling will grow into a maple tree! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#120H] Daniel's Sleepover/Backyard Camping * Daniel's Sleepover - Daniel and his parents go to Prince Wednesday's castle for a family sleepover. When Daniel and Prince Wednesday go through their bedtime routines together, Daniel realizes how different it is sleeping at Prince Wednesday's castle. As bedtime nears, Daniel and Prince Wednesday notice some things that are just a little bit scary - but they soon learn that once they investigate further, they actually aren't scary at all!
* Backyard Camping - Daniel and O the Owl are camping in the yard with Dad Tiger and O is a little hesitant to sleep in this unfamiliar setting. However, once he examines this new setting closely, he learns that it's not so scary! In fact, different can be fun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#510H] Caillou's Toy Trouble No Tradebacks!: Caillou decides to trade his tiny toy shovel for some stickers...but changes his mind when he sees what his friend, Jay, can do with that toy shovel! Then Caillou tries to get the shovel back - even though they agreed to "no tradebacks" - and eventually hurts his friend's feelings. When Caillou realizes Jay is upset, he decides to stick to his word, knowing that their friendship - and his word - is more important. Educational Objective: Learning to stick to your word, especially when sharing. Shoe Story: Caillou desperately wants a pair of snazzy light-up sneakers like the ones Clementine has...until he realizes she can't jump in puddles while wearing them (for fear of ruining the lights), or get the shoes dirty, or kick a ball for fear of scratching them. Caillou decides his old sneakers are just fine because he can do so many fun things in them! Educational Objective: Realizing new isn't always better. Rollie Racers: Rollie Racers (toy cars) are the latest craze, and Caillou wants them...lots of them! Caillou begs his parents to take him to the mall, and they finally agree - but only after Caillou helps Daddy with a very special chore! Caillou "helps" Daddy fix their car...and he begins to have so much fun, he forgets all about going to the mall for Rollie Racers. Educational Objective: Toys are great, but time spent with family can be so much better; consumerism. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#117] George Makes A Stand/Curious George Sees The Light * George Makes a Stand - To earn money for a new soccer ball, George decides to set up his own lemonade stand. With help from Betsy, the stand is such a success that there are too many customers and not enough lemonade. In the nick of time, George remembers a trick that the Doorman showed him-make two glasses out of one by dividing. All the customers are satisfied, and now all George has to figure out is how to explain to The Man with the Yellow Hat what happened to all his lemonade.
* Curious George Sees the Light - A new traffic light is installed on the country road and George decides that it would really work a lot better with a few adjustments. But George's fixes don't have the desired effect-traffic gets backed up and even Jumpy can't get across the street to find his nuts! George has to work with Officer Quint to fix the light and get a better understanding of just what those red, yellow and green lights mean. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#118H] Incredible Journey/Bamboozled * Incredible Journey: Nick and Sally are playing in their homemade Thingamajigger, when the Cat arrives to take them on a real adventure! Off they go to meet Salmon Sam, who is returning to the pool where she hatched so she can lay her eggs. With the help of the Subber-e-blubber, they follow Samantha on her incredible journey!
* Bamboozled: Sally needs to find a gift for her stuffed Panda, Pammy. Who better to ask than a real Panda? The Cat takes them to meet Zhu Zhu, a giant panda who helps the kids to discover all the wonderful things you can do with bamboo. It's a perfect gift for Pammy the Panda! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#207H] Jasper's Cowboy Wish Howdy Partner! Whyatt and his friends are playing cowboys, but Pig can't join in because he doesn't know what cowboys do. The super readers jump into the tale Jasper's Cowboy Wish and make the acquaintance of a cowpoke named Jasper who's desperate to become a rompin' stompin' cowboy if only he could get the hang of it! When Jasper must use his cowboy skills to save the day, will he be a hero.. .or will this be his last roundup? Educational Objectives: To explore the Old West. Young viewers will sing the alphabet, practice the magic of spelling, learn what the word saddle means, and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#135H] The Good Mom/Hornucopia * The Good Mom - "Mom's" the word when Mrs. Pteranodon meets fellow mom Millie Maiasaura, who is a little too over-protective of her kids. The two moms compare mothering methods in a play date at the Big Pond.
* Hornucopia! - At the Big Pond, Tank introduces the Pteranodon family to his friend, Stacie Styracosaurus, a fellow Ceratopsian with a crown of elaborate horns on her head. Everyone attends Stacie's "Hornucopia" celebration, where she reveals her new big horns and then performs a moonlit shadow show with her Styracosaurus family. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#113] Dog Who Cried Woof/Doing The Right Thing * The Dog Who Cried Woof - After overhearing Samuel tell the kids a scary story about Whiffy the Skunk Ghost, Clifford and T-Bone get a bit spooked. Cleo takes the opportunity to play a series of naughty tricks on them, but then finds them not believing her when she really needs them! She learns that it isn't nice to play tricks on people.
* periences a guilt-induced dream where his conscience tries to show him the right thing to do. T-Bone listens and learns that it's always best to do the right thing. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#109] Something Special/Shun Gets in the Game * Something Special - As he tries to help set up for a big Cinco de Mayo party, Clifford begins to doubt that he has any special skills to offer. Will his friends be able to cheer him up and convince him that he does have "something special?"
* Shun in the Game - It's the first beautiful day of spring and the official opening day of the Courtyard Volleyball season, so why does Shun keep making up excuses for why he can't play?