TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#19052] (original broadcast date: 03/05/13)
* Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on her book about the history of the Supreme Court, "Out of Order"
* Tariq Ramadan on his book "Islam and the Arab Awakening" duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#32065] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, a look at a historic day on Wall Street as the Dow hits an all-time high. NBR hits the drivers behind the Dow's rise and the current state of the individual investor. Also, as part of our In Focus: The American Recovery series, a look at the comeback in the housing market. duration 24:46 STEREO TVRE (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amJohn Denver Rocky Mountain High Live In Japan Arguably one of the most beloved American performers of the 20th century, John Denver had a career that saw him sell more than 40 million albums worldwide while winning numerous awards, including 2 Grammy Awards, 3 American Music Awards, 1 Emmy and 2 Country Music Awards. This program is a 1981 concert from his 7-show tour of Japan and features a wonderful selection of hits from his career, including 4 of his 5 #1 hits: "Annie's Song," "Calypso," "Sunshine On My Shoulders" and "Thank God I'm A Country Boy." This performance finds Denver and his band in terrific form, delighting an enthusiastic audience that included Japan's Royal Family. duration 1:29:44 STEREO TVG
3:00 am60s Pop Flashback: Hullabaloo (My Music) Return to the era of go-go dancers, mod mini-skirts and swinging pop-rock sounds with this special. The top singers and groups of the hippest decade present their greatest hits, blending the British Invasion with Broadway and folk-rock with rhythm and blues. This first-ever retrospective of the 1965-66 NBC-TV primetime series includes appearances by The Rascals, Nancy Sinatra, The Four Seasons, Paul Revere & The Raiders, The Lovin' Spoonful and The Byrds. The PBS edition is hosted by original Hullabaloo guest artist Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits. duration 1:58:52 STEREO TVG
5:00 amHopeful Aging with Dr. John Zeisel duration 58:50 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#150] Slow The dogs test the difference between fast and slow when Trilby moves around the house in slow motion after reading The Tortoise and the Hare. During Slow Sports Day at Puppy Preschool, the dogs have to help Pido learn to slow down. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#212H] Rumbly Tumbly/Planet Name Game * Rumbly Tumbly: Nick's hungry tummy is rumbling! But why do our stomachs make noises when they're hungry? A super shrunken trip into Thing One's stomach will show them the answer! They learn how chewing and stomach juices help to break down the food, and the tummy sounds are actually the stomach working. When your tummy is empty, the sounds are much louder! There's only one way to quiet Nick's rumbly tumbly... a chewy chocolate chunky chunk chip cookie!
* Planet Name Game: Nick and Sally have run out of things to name in the garden. Good thing Cat needs help putting his model of the solar system back together - they can help him name the planets! Off in the Space-a-ma-racer they go on a whirlwind trip around the universe, learning the names of the seven planets as they go. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#117H] Good Morning Daniel/Goodnight Daniel Good Morning Daniel - It's a typical morning in the Tiger household, and Daniel has to get up for school but his playing and imagining distract him from his routine. Daniel learns that his morning routine helps him be ready in time for Trolley to take him to school. Goodnight Daniel - Tonight, Daniel is pretending to be Super Daniel! But after dinner, he has to follow his nighttime routine even though he would rather play. Young viewers follow Daniel as he gets ready for bed and eventually he learns that even super heroes get sleepy. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#316] Caillou's Surprise * Caillou's Surprise - When Caillou accidentally breaks Mommy's favourite cup, Grandma suggests they make her a new one. Caillou goes to Grandma's pottery class where he learns how to make a cup, paint it with glaze and fire it. He's a little impatient about waiting overnight for it to be ready, but the final result is worth the wait. And Mommy loves her new cup!
* A Surprise for Miss Martin - When Caillou finds out that Miss Martin's birthday is coming up, he wants to do something very special for her. He, Leo and Clementine decide to throw her a surprise birthday party. Mommy helps them make cupcakes, then shows them how to make flowers out of coloured paper. The party is a huge success - Miss Martin is very surprised, she loves her flowers, and the cupcakes are delicious!
* A Surprise Sleepover - Sarah is playing at Caillou's house when a sudden rainstorm causes a power outage. It's a little scary at first, but when the candles are lit the situation turns into a fun adventure. Sarah's mom says she can sleep over so they make a little tent and pretend they're camping. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#106] Curious George Takes A Job/Curious George Takes Another Job - (Part 1 & 2) * Curious George Takes a Job - Following his nose, George sniffs his way to Chef Pisghetti's Ristorante where he finds Gnocchi the cat being tormented by her enormous ribbon. While the Chef is cooking up a meal to tempt a restaurant critic, George and Gnocchi experiment with kitchen magic. They learn that when cooking, not everything becomes floppy like spaghetti and some things don't really belong in the pasta pot.
* Curious George Takes Another Job - After George's success helping Chef Pisghetti impress the restaurant critic, the Chef suggests that George help his friend Mr. Glass wash the windows of his skyscraper-The Glass Palace. A perfect job for a little monkey! But maybe not a curious monkey because George can't help but be distracted by some amazing shadows he sees inside the windows.