TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#18222H] (original broadcast date: 10/30/12)
Mark Halperin of Time magazine and Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight.com on the Presidential election. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#31347Z] duration 26:46 STEREO TVRE
1:30 amSpark! [#507H] Playwright Philip Kan Gotanda, and Other Stories * Explore the relationship between jazz and the Japanese American internment with playwright Philip Kan Gotanda and A.C.T.
* See why choreographer and dance educator Janice Garrett is attracting the best local dancers and critical acclaim in the Bay Area dance scene.
* Meet Jess Curtis and his company Gravity as they work on "Under the Radar." duration 27:46 STEREO TVG
2:00 amEllen DeGeneres: The Mark Twain Prize This special celebrates the work of Ellen DeGeneres, the 15th recipient of The Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TV14
3:30 amImageMakers [#1002H] Love Is Complicated AFTER THE CREDITS - Australia
Love means never having to say you're sorry ... yeah, right! We've seen it a hundred times before - boy meets girl and they live happily ever after. What all those Hollywood romantic comedies don't show you is what happens after the movie credits end. We all know it's a completely different story. Real love means having to say you're sorry over and over and over. Written and directed by Josh Lawson. Josh makes a cameo in the film as the rude passenger. Principal cast: Toby Schmitz and Robin McLeavy.
ANYTHING FOR YOU - USA
What starts out as a simple lunch date, ends with two women revealing their deepest secrets. Lynette can't help fantasizing about cheating on her husband and believes she has found the perfect solution to her dilemma. Shocked and dismayed, her best friend Gail is forced to drop a bombshell of her own, one that will change their friendship forever. Produced and directed by Laura Belsey. Principal cast: Kathleen McElfresh and Corena Chase. duration 26:56 STEREO TVPG
4:00 amFrontline [#3022H] Big Sky, Big Money In a special investigation in collaboration with Marketplace, Frontline travels to the remote epicenter of the campaign finance debate for a tale of money, politics and intrigue. How has the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision changed campaigns in America? Ask Montana, which has tried to challenge the ruling in court, is investigating alleged campaign abuses and is playing host to a bitter race that could decide control of the US Senate. Frontline correspondent and Marketplace host Kai Ryssdal reports.
Also this hour: PBS NewsHour correspondent Hari Sreenivasan, reporting for Frontline, goes deep inside the Romney and Obama campaigns to uncover how data collected from millions of Americans is being used by both camps to target their messages, get out the vote, and shape the election. duration 56:46 STEREO TVRE
5:00 amTerra Antarctica: Rediscovering The Seventh Continent Antarctica, one of the most remote places on the planet, is being heavily impacted by climate change. Temperatures have warmed along the Peninsula (the northernmost part of the continent's mainland) faster than anywhere on Earth during the past 50 years. This program follows a 6-week journey by sea kayak, sailboat, foot and small plane, to observe and record the changes that are occurring there as a result of this rapid warming trend. duration 49:20 SRND51 TVPG
6:00 amRaggs [#138] Garden Raggs' enthusiasm for Gold Star Garden Day results in his accidentally vacuuming up B. Max's special flowers. Plus, B. Max invents the Gardenscope 2000 to help Trilby solve a gardening problem. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#128H] Flutter By Butterfly/Pretty In Pink * Flutter By Butterfly - Sally and Nick are pretending to be butterflies, but they're not very good at it. The Cat takes them to meet Bernadette the Monarch butterfly, who can teach them all about fluttering. Following Bernadette from Milky Weed Meadow to Prickly Pines forest they learn that butterfly wings are used for so much more than just fluttering!
* Pretty in Pink - Sally and Nick are having fun trying out different moves when the Cat arrives to show them some cool moves of his own. He learned them from Pinkie the flamingo. The kids want to learn too, so off they go to Gooney Goon Lagoon! There they learn all about flamingos - fun moves and all! Back at home Cat, Nick and Sally all move together - the flamingo way! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#113H] Daniel Waits For Show And Tell/A Night Out At The Restaurant Daniel Waits for Show and Tell - Daniel is so excited to share a book he made with his class at "show and tell," but he's finding it very difficult to wait. He finds that singing on Trolley, playing during science time and imagining make the waiting much easier! A Night Out at the Restaurant - Daniel and his family are going out to dinner, and Katerina is coming too. Daniel and Katerina have a hard time waiting at the restaurant, but soon learn ways to make the waiting time easier...and even fun! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#430] I'm Learning Jonas, a friend of Dad's and a real cowboy, has invited the family to visit his ranch. Caillou learns a lot about horses, and he even gets to brush a pony named Lucky. When Dad's burning toast triggers the fire alarm, he decides it is the perfect opportunity to practice a fire drill. Caillou gets the family together to go over a basic evacuation plan, and happily spends the afternoon pretending to be a firefighter. Later, Caillou accompanies Mom to the grocery store and brings along some money from his piggybank. Caillou finds a way to spend his money: he gets his face painted by a lady at the store. Caillou and his Mommy are preparing a picnic lunch. Caillou would like to leave right away, but it's not lunchtime yet and Mom and Dad have other things to finish before they leave. To help Caillou wait, Dad gives him a small alarm clock and a special assignment: to let everybody know when it's noon. When Mr. Hinkle has a tree cut down, Caillou is afraid his swing tree is next! Dad decides to plant a new tree so it's a trip to the Nursery. Caillou learns about the differences between trees with needles and leaves. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#211] The Fully Automatic Fun Hat/Creatures of the Night * The Fully Automatic Fun Hat: George wants to have a hat as fun as the Man with the Yellow Hat's yellow hat. But picking the right headgear is hard, and no one seems to recognize him in a fedora or Bavarian fishing hat. After a day of unsuccessful hat shopping George takes matters into his own hands and makes a super hat from craft supplies and toys right at home. Using levers, pop-up techniques and some trial and error, George engineers the Ultimate Yellow Monkey Fun Hat - fully equipped with food dispenser, prop launcher, and animal inflator. But what will happen when the Man accidentally wears the monkey hat at his big presentation?
* Creatures of the Night: George thought it was odd that all the food was gone from the bird feeder in a single night. Who or what is eating it all? Could the small animal tracks be a clue? Determined to solve the mystery George stays up all night and finds a baby possum who has lost his family. The two set off on a night journey to find the possum's home and meet some other nocturnal animals (and some very tired "day animals"!) on the way. And because their night shadows strike a scary resemblance to the legendary Lake Creature of Lake Wannasink Lake - whose tale Mr. Quint is broadcasting to the entire town on this same night - the furry twosome cause quite a stir. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#141H] Aye Aye!/Trick Or Treat * Aye Aye! - Nick and Sally are making Halloween masks, but they want to make them really scary. Cat takes them to meet Aiya, the Aye Aye, in the forest of Spookywoowoo. Aiya shows them, that even though he may look scary - his big ears, huge eyes and long fingers help him to find food. And now Nick and Sally know just how to make their masks scary!
* Trick or Treat - It's Halloween! The Cat in the Hat takes Sally and Nick trick or treating - his way! Around the world they go, meeting three new friends who teach them each of the tricks they do and share the treats that they like to eat. Back at home Nick and Sally are ready to go trick or treating, with plenty of new tricks to share! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#135Z] The Ghost Who Was Afraid of Halloween It's Halloween in Storybrook Village and Pig is so frightened, he won't go Trick or Treating with his friends! The Super Readers pay a storybook visit to Little Ghost, who's a bit of a scaredy cat himself, to teach him there's more to Halloween than meets the eye! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#211H] Haunted Roundhouse/Big Pond Pumpkin Patch Dad takes the kids on a special Night Train to Troodon Town, where the Troodons have decorated their Roundhouse into a "haunted house" for a spooky party. The kids end up meeting a strange new nocturnal creature - a mammal named Vlad Volaticotherium, who was hiding in the roundhouse trying to get some sleep. The Pteranodon family learns more about the customs of their neighbors, the Lambeosaurus family, when they are invited for the first time to accompany them to the Big Pond to celebrate "Gourd Day" - a kind of Mesozoic Halloween. The kids see their first pumpkins, and Larry Lambeosaurus even shows our family how to hollow them out and carve faces into them. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#140L] Blanket Blues/Dino Clifford * Cleo spies Clifford's favorite blanket - one he has had since he was a puppy - and proclaims it the perfect cape for Super T-bone. Clifford reluctantly allows his friends to use the blanket, if they promise to be very careful. The game turns rambunctious, the blanket gets dirty and Clifford gets upset. Cleo and T-bone realize that to be a good friend you should listen to and respect the wishes and property of others.
* Vaz's big sister Teresa is home from college and ready to dig for dinosaur bones & fossils on Birdwell Island! Who more perfect to help her dig than Clifford and his dog friends? Everybody has great luck digging up fossils that will complete a dinosaur skeleton that Teresa is piecing together - everybody but T-bone that is. But by believing in himself, T-bone ultimately comes up with one of the most important bones needed to complete the job.