TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, September 10, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAustin City Limits [#3508H] Pearl Jam Classic alternative rockers Pearl Jam take the ACL stage with tunes from their latest album, Backspacer, as well as catalogue favorites. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
1:00 amFinding Your Roots [#110H] Michelle Rodriguez, Adrian Grenier and Linda Chavez Michelle Rodriguez, Adrian Grenier and Linda Chavez all share Latin-American roots, yet each views identity differently. What does it mean to be Latino? The answer lies in the tangled histories of European, Native American and African peoples. Crisscrossing Mexico, Spain, the Caribbean and the Southwest, Dr. Gates reveals stories of ancestral Conquistadors, Indian rebels and "Crypto-Jews" (Spanish Jews who converted to Catholicism to survive the Inquisition, but continued to practice their religion in secret). See how the American experience has been shaped by people who were in the New World long before the Mayflower. duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG
2:00 amBroadway Or Bust [#101H] The Casting Call From a nationwide casting call of more than 50,000 high school students participating in 30 regional competitions, just 60 musical theater performers earn the right to participate for one week in the National High School Musical Theater Awards competition. Cameras follow these talented performers, the best in the country, to New York, where they meet their colleagues face-to-face. As day one unfolds, they learn a new opening number from director Van Kaplan and choreographer Kiesha Lalama, get one-on-one coaching in music, theater, dancing and acting from some of Broadway's top talent - including Leslie Odom, Jr. ("Smash"; Rent); Michael McElroy (Tony and Drama Desk Award nominations for Big River; Rent, Miss Saigon); Liz Callaway (Tony Award nomination for Baby; Cats, Miss Saigon) - and prepare for their solos in front of an influential group of judges. The episode ends with students wondering, "Do I have what it takes to make it on Broadway?" duration 56:46 STEREO TVPG (Secondary audio: DVI)
3:00 amMasterpiece Mystery! [#4216H] Wallander, Series III - An Event In Autumn A pregnant woman leaps to her death from the side of a ferry. Or was she pushed? The routine case barely disturbs Wallander's newly blissful life with Vanja (Saskia Reeves, "Page Eight"). But the happy couple discovers the decade-old corpse of a murdered woman on their property. With Wallander's work now getting too close to home, he follows the leads of two investigations that become increasingly entangled. On top of it, tragedy strikes one of his colleagues and Wallander blames himself - with good reason. duration 1:26:46 STEREO TV14-V (Secondary audio: DVI)
4:30 amImageMakers [#1004H] Mind Benders COLOUR BLEED - England/Poland
A young creative and idealistic girl dreams of brighter days in a dim Eastern European city. Her fate is inextricably sealed when she crosses paths with a scheming and enigmatic old woman, who harbors a dark secret. A cold act of cruelty will fracture the very foundations of a city. Directed, written, produced, and edited by Peter Szewczyk. Peter has contributed his talents to the feature films Harry Potter, Shrek, Star Wars, Ice Age and Avatar. This is his directorial debut. Principal cast: Anna Barry and Milla Karkkainen.
WEST OF THE MOON - USA
The memory of a long lost love triggers an old man to recall the odd set of circumstances that led to his having a grenade as a heart and a monkey inside his head. A wildly inventive and visually amazing film inviting comparisons to the work of Terry Gilliam and Tim Burton. The film is directed by Brent Bonacorso and based on the book of children's essays entitled The Colored Monster Has No Mouth by Roger Omar. Principal cast: Jacob Whitkin, Michael Garbe, Amber Noelle, and Christopher Tomafelli. West of the Moon won the top prize at five film festivals in 2011.
EGG BREAKERS - Germany
A game of one-upmanship gets out of hand. In a surreal landscape two creatures learn that if eyelids were lips at the same time, they would also be able to lay eggs ... say what?! Animated by Emanuel Strixner. duration 26:09 STEREO TVG
5:00 amPaul McCartney Good Evening New York City Legendary Paul McCartney's historic 3-night christening of New York's Citi Field in July 2009 has been unanimously hailed by critics and audiences alike as the concert experience of a lifetime. Now, with this program, it is documented for the ages. The TV version features songs from The Beatles to Wings to solo classics. Among the songs performed: "Drive My Car", "Got To Get You Into My Life", "Back In The USSR", "Band On The Run", "Live And Let Die", and "Flaming Pie". duration 1:25:04 STEREO TVRE
6:00 amRaggs [#143] Water B. Max invents a boat, the SS B. Max, and the dogs help him figure out how to make it float. Raggs invents an underwater world and everyone pretends to be an underwater animal. Raggs has so much fun; he decides he wants to be a dog-fish. The dogs find a way to teach him that pretending is fun, but it is important to be himself and that the life of a dog-fish is not as much fun as he thought. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#106H] Dress Up Day/Bathtime * Dress Up Day - Nick and Sally are playing dress up, but oh no! Sally's princess dress has torn, and mom doesn't have any silk thread to fix it. Cat takes them to his good friend Mindy, the silk caterpillar. Mindy shows them how she makes silk. Sally uses the silk thread to fix her swirly twirly princess dress!
* Bathtime - Nick and Sally have been playing in the mud, and now they need to get clean! The Cat in the Hat knows some friends who have some very wonderful ways to bathe! In Bana Bana Savanah, they meet three different animals who all keep clean in very different ways. Even though it was fun to try bathing how the animals do, Sally and Nick decide that good old soap and water works best for them! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#106H] Daniel And Miss Elaina Play Rocketship/Daniel Plays At The Castle Daniel and Miss Elaina Play Rocketship - Daniel has come to play with Miss Elaina today! They decide to play "outer space," but Miss Elaina gets upset when her cardboard telescope and spaceship accidentally break. Lady Elaine helps the friends see that they can still have fun together, even without the toys - because they're friends! They use their imaginations to keep playing, which is just as much fun!
Daniel Plays at the Castle - Daniel is visiting Prince Wednesday and the boys are excited to explore Prince Wednesday's rock collection. Daniel is saddened when Prince Wednesday tells him the rocks are too delicate to play with. Daniel and Prince Wednesday learn that friendship is about more than just playing with each other's toys - it's about being together! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#308] Caillou The Magnificent * Show and Tell - Caillou has to decide on a nice surprise to bring to playschool for Show and Tell. The only problem is, he can't decide between his toy dinosaur Rexy, his kite, or his toy firetruck. However, when Rosie proves to be the best at surprising everyone, Caillou decides to bring his little sister for Show and Tell.
* Caillou the Magician - Grandma shows Caillou a simple magic trick, which makes him decide to be a magician. After finding a suitable costume, he practices a new trick - making Rosie disappear! When the time comes to show Mommy and Daddy their trick, Caillou finds that making Rosie reappear might be a challenge, especially when Gilbert gets in the way!
* Caillou's Castle - Caillou wants to play castles and dragons, even though Gilbert isn't very keen on playing the dragon. Mommy asks him to share and play nicely with his sister, so Caillou and Rosie build their very own castle out of empty cardboard boxes. When Gilbert doesn't want to be the dragon, Mommy and Daddy volunteer for the part and everyone has lots of fun playing make believe. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#121] Surprise Quints/Muddy Monkey * Surprise Quints: It's Mr. Quint's birthday and everyone is helping with preparations for a surprise party. But Mr. Quint comes home early from his fishing trip so George is assigned the job of keeping him busy until it's time for the party. The job gets even more complicated when four of Mr. Quint's siblings arrive and they are all having the same birthday - could they be quintuplets? And can you keep five Quints happy with only twelve fish crackers to eat?
*Muddy Monkey: The Man with the Yellow Hat just can't figure out why George refuses to take a bath. What he doesn't realize is that George has lost his favorite bath toy, Sproingy the Frog. And until George finds Sproingy, all the shower games, car washes, and dog washes aren't going to do a bit of good. Unless of course, the dog being washed happens to be playing with a very special bubble making frog. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#201H] Jumping on the Moon/Sneezy Riders * Jumping on the Moon - Nick and Sally are trying to jump high enough to touch the moon, but "what goes up must come down" says the Cat. That's gravity! And to show them just what gravity is, that means a trip to the moon! That's where they meet Astronaut Audrey who takes them for a space walk to learn all about gravity.
* Sneezy Riders - Sally and Nick are playing hide and seek, but Nick keeps sneezing! How can they stop it from happening? Good thing Cat's friend Cluey Looey will be able to help them! At Muddyfeet Waterhole they discover that Louie is having the same problem! Nothing a trip inside Louie's nose can't solve! Inside a super shrunken Thingamajigger, Nick, Sally and Cat discover what causes sneezing and what they can do to avoid it from happening! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#142Z] The Rolling Rice Cakes Red drops her basket of goodies and finds it...in the hands of Wolfy! When Red takes her basket back, Wolfy is really sad. The Super Readers zoom into the Japanese folktale The Rolling Rice Cakes and meet an old man who has chased his rice cakes high, low and right into a mouse hole! Will the poor mice family get to keep their tasty new treasure, or will the old man convince them that 'finders' aren't always 'keepers?' Educational Objectives: To learn about generosity. Kids will sing the alphabet, experiment with spelling and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#115H] The Old Spinosaurus & The Sea/A Spiky Tail Tale * The Old Spinosaurus & the Sea - Dad takes the kids on the Dinosaur Train to fish in a new place, where they meet a huge, grumpy old dinosaur, called a Spinosaurus, that doesn't want the kids in his Sea. Eventually the kids befriend him, and they teach each other their own unique way to catch fish.
* A Spiky Tail Tale - Buddy and Tiny help settle an argument between Morris Stegosaurus and Alvin Allosaurus, two very big dinosaurs - one with a very spiky tail, the other with a mouthful of sharp teeth. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#102] Special Delivery/Ferry Tale * Special Delivery - Clifford accidentally breaks a present he was supposed to deliver for Emily, then allows Cleo to convince him to try and hide the fact from Emily. But Clifford learns that it's best to be honest, right from the start.
* A Ferry Tale - After Emily grooms Clifford in preparation for Prize Pooch Magazine's "Dog of the Year" contest, he is expected to "stay clean" until the judge, Lily LaValley, arrives. Clifford struggles to stay clean, but getting dirty gets the better of him. In the end, Clifford learns that Emily loves him, clean or dirty, unconditionally. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#123] Adopt-A-Pup/Jokes On You * Adopt-a-Pup - Evan, Emily Elizabeth and Clifford all help out at the Adopt-A-Pup booth at the neighborhood street fair. Clifford befriends a teacup poodle named Bon Bon, a tiny dog who is barely bigger than he is, and helps her find a home.
* Jokes On You - It's Wacky Wednesday at school. Emily Elizabeth and her friends are excited to spend the day telling jokes and having fun. Nina, however, goes too far with the day. In the end she realizes that her behavior wasn't respectful of her friends and that there is an appropriate time and place for certain behaviors.