TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Please Note: As of July 1, 2011, KTEH has been renamed
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Sunday, August 5, 2012
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amRevolutionaries [#110H] Sir Maurice Wilkes: The Man and His Machine The inventor of the EDSAC, Maurice Wilkes, is remembered by Dr. David Hartley of the University of Cambridge. Interviewed by Computer History Museum CEO John Hollar. duration 53:11 STEREO TVG
1:00 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#212H] Jardiniere, Esperpento, Trattoria La Siciliana Elegance describes the first restaurant featured on this week's show. It's a special occasion place, with a French-California menu and extensive wine list. Traditional tapas is served in a informal setting at the next stop. A friendly place where traveling musicians stop in to play. Lastly Sicilian flavors in a small, chaotic space made for sharing in a casual atmosphere. duration 27:03 STEREO TVG
1:30 amImageMakers [#1013H] We're Desperate (Get Used to It) CHECKMATE - England
Jan learns that staying in an asylum can make anyone crazy. He challenges his evaluator to a game of chess to prove that he should be released. The stakes could not be higher in this tense battle of wills. Written, edited, and directed by Navarro Aydemir. Principal cast: Gergo Danka, Shakyra Dowling, Daniel Wiltshire, Sibel Unver, Alex Murphy, and Adam Cunningham.
NORTHEAST FRONT - Mexico/USA
In a city held hostage by drug cartels, a hard-working single mother supports her kids all on her own. Her son has gotten in trouble and as a result she must to pay off his debt to a drug dealer. Suddenly up against an unthinkable threat, she does everything in her power to keep her family safe and alive in this heart-stopping true story. Written, edited, and directed by Angela Torres Camarena. Principal cast: Evangelina Sosa, Luis Felipe Tovar, Edgar Orozco, and Octavio Lowry.
A DOCTOR'S JOB - Peru/USA
In order to make ends meet, a stubborn but caring emergency room physician has to moonlight as a taxi driver. His pride and ethics are challenged everyday. He is used to life and death situations in the hospital, but when they bleed over into his taxi job, things get really hairy. Will this be his worst day on the job or the answer to all of his prayers? Written and directed by Julio Ramos. Principal cast: Miguel Iza, Luis Menezes, and Christian Ojeda. duration 28:56 STEREO TVPGV
2:00 amThunderbolt and Lightfoot [#1041H] (1974) A young drifter (Jeff Bridges) joins a Montana preacher (Clint Eastwood) in a repeat of another robbery. duration 1:49:20 STEREO TV14
3:52 amDial M for Murder [#1036H] (1954) Ex-tennis pro Tony Wendice (Ray Milland) plots the perfect murder, that of his wealthy wife Margot (Grace Kelly), who is having an affair with writer Mark Halliday (Robert Cummings). When Margot successfully defends herself from her attacker, Tony begins to improvise. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, it was originally filmed in 3D (thus the many low-angle shots), but was quickly reissued in a "flat" version. duration 2:07:17 STEREO TVPG
6:00 amRaggs [#154H] Flying The dogs call a club meeting to figure out how to get Razzles' kite out of the tree after she ignored their warning about the windy weather. B. Max invents the Flyboy 500 to help Pido pretend he can fly. The dogs have to figure out how to get Pido back after he flies away. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amWild Kratts [#108H] Build It Beaver The Wild Kratts team must lend a hand to help a beaver rebuild its damaged lodge and restore the ecosystem for all the creatures who live there. Science Concepts: Beavers make dams that block the flow of water down a stream. Through building dams, the beaver single-handedly transforms the landscape, creating homes for a variety of wildlife. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
7:00 amArthur [#508] The Last of Mary Moo Cow/Bitzi's Beau * The Last of Mary Moo Cow - D.W. is Mary Moo Cow's greatest fan. She watches the show every day and collects countless videos, toys, and clothes. When Mary Moo Cow is cancelled, D.W. is devastated. How can television - or life as she knows it - ever be the same?
* Bitzi's Beau - Buster and his mom are very close - they like the same movies, the same food, the same boyfriends - wait, what?! Actually Buster hasn't yet met Bitzi's new boyfriend, but he fears the worst. Is he an alien? Is he Mr. Ratburn? Or worst of all - is he a Mom-stealer? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#422] Adventure! Today is full of adventure! Caillou, Daddy, and Rosie take the car to the carwash, which is scary for Rosie at first. But big brother Caillou explains everything to his sister, who winds up liking the carwash too! Caillou, Rosie, and their babysitter Julie travel to a bunch of pretend far away places like the desert, a big mountain, and even waterfalls in the tropical forest. Caillou doesn't go to school yet but he really wants to ride on the school bus that stops outside his house every morning. When Dad takes him to see the bus from close up, the driver offers to take Caillou with the other children the next day. On another day, Caillou and his family have a wonderful day out at a theme park. Caillou and Dad go on the thrilling Niagara River Ride, they all go on a Ferris wheel and for a special treat they have cotton candy for dessert. When the house wakes up late, it's a mad rush to get Mommy off to work. Later, when Caillou goes for a walk with Daddy he meets all kinds of people doing all kinds of jobs--and he gets to try being a mailman, a sanitation engineer and a policeman for himself. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amCurious George [#604H] George and the Giant Thumb/Shutter Monkey * George and the Giant Thumb - A bored George and Allie decide to make a ginormous sculpture of Bill's sprained thumb. The duo quickly run out of clay and turn to less conventional art supplies. Peanut butter proves too sticky and shaving cream too drippy, so George and Allie use mud to finish their masterpiece. But will Bill give their art a thumbs up?
* Shutter Monkey - Betsy's "Out of Sight Shapes" entry for the photo contest is sure to win first prize--that is until George and Steve accidentally ruin her pictures. With some help from Steve, George runs around town trying to re-shoot the photographs. But finding the hidden shapes in things is hard for a little monkey! Can George snap 4 pictures of 4 shapes by 4:00 - or are Betsy's prize-winning photos out of sight for good? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#113H] Maps/Termite Towers * Maps - Nick and Sally are pretending to be pirates. The Cat takes them on a real pirate adventure by following a treasure map! They use landmarks to find their way to a real pirate treasure: parchment paper and ink pens to make their own pirate maps!
* Termite Towers - Sally and Nick just can't seem to keep their block tower from toppling over. The Cat in the Hat takes them to meet some expert tower builders: the termites! After shrinking down to bug-size, they learn from Terry termite how to build a tower that won't wiggle and wobble. With some engineering tips from a termite, Sally and Nick can build their block tower higher than before! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#114] The Little Red Hen "Not I!" "Not I!" "Not I!"...is all Red's friends say when she needs their help gathering apples! This is a super big problem. The Super Readers take off into the story of the Little Red Hen, whose friends won't assist her either! The Super Readers are willing to lend a hand to the Little Red Hen, but will anyone help Red? Educational Objectives: To learn the best way to get help from others, explore the alphabet, practice the magic of spelling and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#206H] That's Not A Dinosaur/Tiny's Garden * The kids visit the Big Pond to attend the Biome Block Party. While attempting to win the leaf-necklace contest, Keenan Chirostemotes claims the Pteranodon sibs can't compete for the prize for "dinosaur" with the most leaves because they are not dinosaurs. This launches the kids into a song called "That's Not a Dinosaur", as all the non-dinosaurs sing their piece. In the end, the game rules are changed to include all creatures, even non-dinosaurs, in all the contests!
* The Nature Trackers go on a visit to the Big Pond, where Tiny hopes to see her favorite flowers. The Conductor tells her that if the kids gather seeds at the pond, they can bring them home and plant a garden full of those same flowers at the family nest! The kids all get into it, gathering seeds and bringing them home, where they plant a garden,and meet its new inhabitants, including Sammy, a friendly slug, who explains that slugs, spiders, and butterflies all help to make a garden complete. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#139] Forgive & Forget/Mimi's Back In Town * Forgive & Forget - When Clifford forgets a play date, Cleo gets really upset. After all, she would never do that to a friend. Cleo wont even accept Clifford's apologies. But T-bone points out to Cleo that maybe she is the one who isn't being a good friend. After all, Clifford did apologize and a good friend would never hold a grudge. Cleo learns that good friends forgive (and forget!).
* Mimi-s Back in Town - T-bone really likes Mimi, the little brown poodle who visits the Island on occasion, and is very excited to hear she's coming back again! But when Cleo starts teasing him about how much he likes Mimi, T-bone feels embarrassed and uncomfortable. He finally confronts Cleo about it and Cleo learns that teasing can be anything that makes someone feel uncomfortable. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#122] Grooming Gloom/The Letter * Grooming Gloom" - Jorge is excited to learn that Nina will be taking him to the Grooming Shop - until he gets some misinformation about what a grooming shop is. At first his friends try to help him find a way to get out of the experience. But Daffodil helps him realize that he should trust Nina to do what is best for him.
* The Letter - Evan and Emily Elizabeth offer to mail a letter for Mr. Solomon on their way to buy tickets to a concert by their favorite band, the Zippers. But the kids' plans are disrupted by their own generosity and helpful nature. When they finally arrive at the park where the concert is taking place, the tickets have been sold out. But the other members of the community are so grateful to the kids for all of their help that day that they all pitch in and make sure that Evan and Emily Elizabeth attend the concert.