TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Friday, June 20, 2014
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20129] (original broadcast date: 6/19/14)
* General Richard Myers on the ongoing crisis in Iraq
* David Boies and Ted Olson discuss their book "Redeeming the Dream" duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33122] duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amCheck, Please! Bay Area [#912H] Luka's Taproom & Lounge, King of Falafel and La Costanera Restaurant We start in Oakland at Luka's Taproom and Lounge with its eclectic menu, extensive bar and spacious dance floor. Next, San Francisco's King of Falafel has been offering diners a taste of a Middle Eastern classic for more than 40 years. Lastly, we head to Montara for contemporary Peruvian cuisine served with a side of ocean-front views, at La Costanera Restaurant. duration 26:46 STEREO TVG
2:00 amJohn Sebastian Presents: Folk Rewind (My Music) Folk legend John Sebastian reflects and remembers the very best of The Folk Years in an all new show which remembers archival folk (traditional, pop and folk rock) era classics from the vault which culminates into a crescendo of excitement with a new live reunion of folk singers including Barry McGuire, Roger McGuinn of The Byrds, The Chad Mitchell Trio, Chad & Jeremy, Jesse Colin Young of The Youngblodds and more. duration 1:58:43 STEREO TVG
4:00 amBlood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Dr. Mark Hyman explains America's Big Fat Problem with food addiction and provides a step-by-step process for ending food addiction and reversing diabesity. duration 1:57:07 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#112H] The Baby Problem/The Sparkling Sphere Problem The Baby Problem - Peg's Room. Babysitters Peg and Cat rescue the precocious Baby Fox from the top of his elaborate block tower. Primary Content: Solid shapes; Secondary Content: Diagrams.
The Sparkling Sphere Problem - Magical Forest. Knights of the Round Table Peg and Cat search for the Wizard Ramone, who has floated away in a sparkling sphere. Primary Content: Rectangular prism and rhombus; Secondary Content: Counting by twos. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102H] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#107H] Friends Help Each Other/Daniel Helps O Tell A Story * Friends Help Each Other - Daniel spends the day at Katerina Kittycat's house. Katerina is excited to show Daniel a birthday tea-party she set up all by herself for her stuffed animals! Katerina accidentally knocks the tea set on the floor, and is very upset that she ruined the party. Luckily, Daniel is a helpful friend and they reassemble the party together.
* Daniel Helps O Tell a Story - O the Owl wants to show Daniel all his books. The boys choose a very special book about dinosaurs, but they realize that the last page of the story is missing! O gets very flustered, but Daniel is a good friend and uses his imagination to make up the end of the story. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amWild Kratts [#121H] Falcon City The Kratt brothers are itching to fly with the world's fastest animal, the Peregrine falcon, which can hit top speeds of 240 mph. But their efforts are side-tracked when the rest of the Wild Kratts team challenges them to find the falcon in the city instead of in the wild, and Chris' Creature Power Suit is accidentally activated with Pigeon Powers ! But then they discover that Zach is sending his Zachbots to clean off a building that has a peregrine falcon nests with chicks! Martin and Chris must activate their Peregrine falcons powers and harness the force of gravity to pull off a high flying creature rescue! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:00 amWild Kratts [#122H] Koala Balloon Martin and Chris must protect a young koala stranded in the Australian Outback, and help him get back to his Eucalyptus forest habitat. On their quest to return the adorable animal home, the brothers discover lots of interesting facts about how animals are specialized to their own environment, and with some tips from an intrepid desert dweller called the thorny devil, they must survive the desert crossing and bring the koala home. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
8:30 amCurious George [#115] Curious George and the Dam Builders/Curious George's Low High Score * Curious George and the Dam Builders - George gets acquainted with a family of beavers when he notices the impact their dam has on his favorite pond. Building a dam looks like so much fun that George decides to build his own. But when a sudden downpour sweeps both dams away, George and the beavers have to figure out how to repair the damage together or their beloved pond won't be a good place for beavers or monkeys!
* Curious George's Low High Score - George can't understand why his high score of 257 isn't a winner when he plays his first game of mini-golf with Steve and Betsy. How can a small number be worth more than a big number? After getting the lowdown on the principles of mini-golf, George is determined to get a low score next time, and so he builds his own mini-golf course for practice. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amCurious George [#207] Color Me Monkey/Special Delivery Monkey * Color Me Monkey: Mr. Glass is looking for a one-of-a-kind painting for his lobby and Mr. Zoobel knows just where to find such art - at the zoo, naturally! George and Charkie go along to meet SooBerm, the truly unique painting elephant who has her own style. But when Charkie causes a rip in the SooBerm painting for Mr. Glass's lobby, George must re-create the masterpiece so that no one discovers that the original is ruined. But first he has to figure out how to replicate the unique colors SooBerm used in her art. Could combining primary colors to create entirely new ones be the answer?
* Special Delivery Monkey: After lunch at Pisghetti's restaurant, George and The Man with the Yellow Hat finish their meal with a round of the Wild Goose Chase board game. The Man explains to George that moving ahead three spaces means not counting on the space he started on - a lesson which comes in handy when George is asked to help Chef Pisghetti by delivering a very special pie to a very special meeting. Along the way, George counts bus stops and buildings - and realizes that the rules of the board game are the same rules for following directions. His counting skills pay off as he arrives just in time for the Chef to deliver a pie in the face!