TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Wednesday, March 12, 2014
Channels 9.1 • 54.2, 25.1 | XFINITY 9 and HD 709
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amCharlie Rose [#20057] (original broadcast date: 3/11/14)
* Discussion about the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight with Bob Orr, Justice and Homeland Security correspondent for CBS News and Dave Gallo, the oceanographer who co-led the successful search for the wreck of Air France flight 447 in 2009
* actor Robert Wagner on his book, "You Must Remember This" duration 56:47 STEREO TVRE
1:00 amNightly Business Report [#33050] Tonight on Nightly Business Report, the U.S. Attorney in New York reportedly opens a criminal investigation into General Motors' recall of more than one million cars. What does all this mean for the automaker? And, Tesla sales are banned in a third state. Is today's ruling in New Jersey a threat to the company's business model? duration 26:46 STEREO TVG (Secondary audio: none)
1:30 amUnder The Streetlamp: Let The Good Times Roll Under The Streetlamp, with their unique style and modern Rat Pack persona, bring the American Radio Songbook to a whole new level in this special. With the mantra, "Retro never sounded so now" these 4 extremely talented and charismatic former cast members of the Tony Award winning Broadway musical Jersey Boys provide an electrifying concert produced at the renowned Star Plaza Theater.
In this show's 3 segments, singers Michael Ingersoll, Shonn Wiley, Michael Cunio and Christopher Kale Jones - along with an outstanding 10-piece band - bring these classic hits back to the millions of fans that fell in love with this music in the first place.The show includes classic hits of the 50's, 60's and 70's with the perfect balance of tender ballads and up-tempo classics, all done with the same signature harmonies and slick dance moves that have made them irresistible. duration 1:29:12 STEREO TVG
3:00 amBlood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Dr. Mark Hyman explains America's Big Fat Problem with food addiction and provides a step-by-step process for ending food addiction and reversing diabesity. duration 1:57:07 STEREO TVG
5:00 amEarth Songs Filmed over two years in some of the most pristine and beautiful places on the planet, this program is inspired by the celebrated National Geographic and BBC documentaries of recent years. Greenland, Patagonia, Hawaii, Iceland, Peru, Alaska, The Caribbean, New Zealand, and the Canadian Rockies play host to rare animals and breathtaking scenery. Featuring an enchanting musical score by Grammy Award-winning artists including Michael Hoppe, Secret Garden, Keola Beamer and Craig Armstrong, the soundtrack was arranged by Emmy Award-winning composer Brian Keane. With narration by actor Michael York, the film takes you on a journey of ageless wisdom, inspiring poetry and stunning footage of Mother Earth at her finest. duration 46:12 STEREO TVG
6:00 amPeg + Cat [#114H] The Blockette Problem/The Tulip Problem The Blockette Problem - Radio City Music Hall. When their demanding pal Richard is directing the Radio City Music Hall Blockettes, Peg and Cat find a way to make the set perfectly symmetrical. Primary Content: Symmetry; Secondary Content: Associate events with hot and cold temperatures, height.
The Tulip Problem - Peg's Neighborhood. When Neighbor Ladies Connie and Viv have a tiff, Peg and Cat make peace by making sure each has the same number of flowers. Primary Content: Subtraction, greater than/less than; Secondary Content: The equals sign. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#101H] Show Me The Honey/Migration Vacation * Show Me the Honey - Sally and Nick have run out of honey! Luckily the Cat knows just where to go to get more. They visit Queen Priscilla Buzzoo who invites them to join in the bee dance to learn how to make honey.
* Migration Vacation - The purple martin swallow that lives in Sally's backyard has gone missing! The Cat, with the help of a variety of forest creatures, help Nick and Sally track down the bird, and learn how and why birds migrate. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#136H] Daniel Gets Frustrated/Frustration at School * Daniel Gets Frustrated: Daniel is staying at home with Mom Tiger today. He really wants to play with Prince Wednesday, but he is visiting his cousin Chrissie. He asks Mom if they can go to Music Man Stan's shop, but they can't because it is closed. Daniel gets really frustrated when it seems like he's unable to do anything he wants to do. With some guidance from Mom, Daniel learns how to work through his frustration.
* Frustration at School: Daniel and his friends are playing "restaurant" at school and Daniel feels frustrated when he can't find the toy he is looking for. Teacher Harriet helps him realize that the right thing to do is to take a step back and ask for help. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#303] Caillou The Builder Caillou the Road Builder - There's been a big storm and the playschool yard is littered with branches and other debris. The children all pitch in to help clean up the playground . When Caillou and his friends, Leo and Clementine, finish their cleanup duties they decide to build a road through the sandlot. Using simple tools and their imaginations they lay out a road, build a bridge, dig a tunnel, and even plant a tree fashioned from a leafy twig. Caillou's Building Adventure - When Daddy and Grandpa help a charity build a new home for a needy family, Caillou comes along to help hand out sandwiches. He gets to watch the grownups at work, and imagines himself as a construction worker. He also meets a new friend, Frankie, who shows Caillou where his new bedroom will be. House in the Sky - Mommy and Caillou go to visit an old friend of Mom's and her four-year-old son Kevin. Caillou is surprised to find that Kevin lives in a house in the sky - in an apartment building! He's never been in one before and finds it to be quite an adventure. He likes riding the elevator, and how the view of the city below is just like looking down on the ants in his backyard. duration 28:55 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#314] George Measures Up/Something New Under The Sun * George Measures Up - Chef Pisghetti is cooking one up for the records book - a strand of spaghetti that measures 30 feet! When the Chef leaves for an important appointment, George protects the noodle from being destroyed by a playful Gnocchi. Later, the Chef calls to ask George how tall the building next door is, but George doesn't have anything long enough to measure with... or does he? Chef Pisghetti returns and sees a monkey measuring a building with the world's longest noodle. Now That's one for the record books!
* Something New Under the Sun - To beat the scorching summer heat, George and the Man with the Yellow Hat visit the museum, which is the only place in town with power, due to its new solar energy panel. George sees how the sun can charge batteries, and the Man agrees to make his famous lasagna as a surprise for Dr. Levit's birthday. But how can the Man make his lasagna without power for his electric oven? Can a monkey's new knowledge of solar power be the key to baking the world's first solar-energy birthday lasagna? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#102H] I Love The Nightlife/Oh Give Me A Home! * I Love the Nightlife - Nick wants to stay awake all night. Good thing the Cat needs help finding his most favorite hat that he lost in the forest of Wagamaroo! The Cat takes Nick and Sally on a nocturnal adventure, along the way meeting a variety of animals who stay up all night!
* Oh Give Me a Home! - Nick has a super duper special shell and Sally wants one too! The Cat in the Hat takes them to a beachside adventure where they meet Tucker, a hermit crab who is also looking for a new shell because he's grown too big for his. An under the sea fashion show gives both Tucker and Sally super duper special shells! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amPeg + Cat [#104H] The Three Bears Problem/The Giant Problem The Three Bears Problem - Fairytale Land. Peg and Cat bring the Three Bears, the Three Little Pigs, and the Three Billy Goats Gruff together to form a super group: "The Electric Eleven." Primary Content: Adding 1; Secondary Content: Counting to 11.
The Giant Problem - Giant Land. Peg and Cat must attempt a great escape when they think the Giants want to eat them and their 8 fairy tale friends for lunch. Primary Content: Combinations that add up to 10; Secondary Content: Circle. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#103H] Beating The Heat/Flowers for Mom * Beating the Heat - Buddy and Tiny travel to the Jurassic to make a new friend, Morris Stegosaurus, and discover how this huge dinosaur keeps cool in the heat.
* Flowers for Mom - The kids go to the Big Pond to look for flowers to give to Mom on her special Mothers Day. They find many different flowers while following a very busy bee. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#221] Led Astray/Wedding Bell Blues LED ASTRAY: Clifford's new friend Artie is up to no good...and he talks Clifford into joining him. He "borrows" Cleo's favorite toy and helps digs a big hole. Clifford soon realizes that being friends with Artie isn't worth getting in trouble. WEDDING BELL BLUES: The children's teacher, Miss Carrington, is getting married and leaving the school. The kids imagine what their new, "interesting" teacher Mrs. Grumbly will be like. duration 28:55 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#119] Fall Feast/Norville's New Game * Fall Feast - It's the Fall Feast holiday and the Howards are planning to visit Emily Elizabeth's grandparents. But a huge snow storm leaves them snowed in at the train station, along with many of their friends and neighbors. At first, everyone's spirits are very low but Clifford helps Emily Elizabeth realize that the group can celebrate the Fall Feast together and rejoice in its spirit of sharing.
* Norville's New Game - The animals are in the courtyard making up games. When it's Norville's turn to invent a game he consistently reinvents the rules so that each time emerges as the winner. Each time this happens, he further alienates his friends until they eventually refuse to play with him anymore. In the end, Norville realizes the importance of playing fair.