TV Daily Schedule: KQED 9
Another way to search for programs is from the TV Programs A-Z Directory.
KQED 9: Monday, August 5, 2013
Comcast 9 and 709 • Digital 9.1, 54.2 or 25.1
Schedule is subject to change. Please visit kqed.org/tv/schedules/daily for the most up-to-date info.
12:00 amAustin City Limits [#3710H] Fleet Foxes/Joanna Newsom Folk meets indie rock with Fleet Foxes and Joanna Newsom. Fleet Foxes draw from their latest LP Helplessness Blues. Joanna Newsom follows with her ethereal acid folk. duration 56:46 SRND51 TVPG
1:00 amDownton Abbey Revisited In this riveting special, savor great moments from the series' first two seasons, along with cast interviews, rare behind-the-scenes footage and a sneak peek at what's in store for the Crawleys as they enter the Roaring Twenties. What will become of Bates? What new mischief will villainous footman Thomas and scheming lady's maid O'Brien instigate? Will wedding bells finally ring? And how will the formidable Dowager Countess (Dame Maggie Smith) handle the arrival of Lady Grantham's American mother (Shirley MacLaine)? duration 1:28:11 STEREO
2:30 amInside Foyle's War A look at how this enormously popular, award-winning Masterpiece/Mystery! series has captured loyal fans for over 10 years. The series star DCS Christopher Foyle (Michael Kitchen) is the articulate sleuth in the sharp fedora who solves the intricate crimes penned by Anthony Horowitz. The special feature interviews with the stars of the series and the people behind-the-camera responsible for them, from the writers to the directors and other production team members. Hosted by Len Cariou. duration 53:54 STEREO TVG
4:00 amDownton Abbey Revisited In this riveting special, savor great moments from the series' first two seasons, along with cast interviews, rare behind-the-scenes footage and a sneak peek at what's in store for the Crawleys as they enter the Roaring Twenties. What will become of Bates? What new mischief will villainous footman Thomas and scheming lady's maid O'Brien instigate? Will wedding bells finally ring? And how will the formidable Dowager Countess (Dame Maggie Smith) handle the arrival of Lady Grantham's American mother (Shirley MacLaine)? duration 1:28:11 STEREO
5:30 amImageMakers [#1006H] That's Just Love Sneakin' Up On You TABLE 7 - USA
A couple with relationship issues has an intimate conversation in an Asian restaurant, unaware that their every word is secretly being monitored. Directed by Marko Slavnic and Andrew McDonald. Principal cast: Ray Rosales, Stephanie Lozos and Isaac Kim.
CATAPLEXY - USA
Sidney suffers from cataplexy, an unusual medical condition where he becomes literally paralyzed when he is overcome with emotion. Rather than take that chance, he relies on impersonal sexual encounters to meet his physical needs. One night he is embarrassed to discover the call girl at his front door is an old friend from high school. The film was done as part of a competition where the film went from concept to screen in just 72 hours. Directed by John Salcido. Principal cast: Dave Tenenbaum and Michelle Noh.
CROSSWORD - Ireland
Heather is single with very few friends except for the barmaid in the pub she frequents after work everyday. Her favorite pastime is doing crossword puzzles. On the eve of her 40th birthday, she has a strange experience when all the answers to the day's crossword seem to be around her. Is it magic, coincidence or something else? In a crossword -- just like in life -- when lines meet and paths converge it is not a matter of luck, but rather part of a greater plan. The film was directed by Vincent Gallagher. Principle cast: Louise Lewis, Mark O'Shaughnessy, Maire Hastings, Andrew Bennett, and Kevin McDonough. duration 26:30 STEREO TVG
6:00 amRaggs [#129] Safety Razzles gets carried away with safety gear for playing at the park. Plus, Pido doesn't play safely with his teddy and Dr. B. Max tends to him at Teddy Hospital! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY
6:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#129H] Digging The Deep/Puddle Puzzle * Digging The Deep - Nick and Sally are exploring how deep they can dig in the sandbox. The Cat arrives to whisk them away to the deepest place he knows - the bottom of the Swirly Whirly Ocean! They meet up with Aurilia the Angler fish who guides them to the very bottom of the ocean floor. Now that they've gone as deep as deep can be, it's off to find the next adventure!
* Puddle Puzzle - Nick and Sally are excited to jump in the giant puddle in their backyard - but it's gone! Where did it go? With the help of Cat's Seussian camera, they see that the puddle has turned into water vapour. Off they go to the Bluey Blue Sky to follow their puddle. They discover that the water vapour rises high into the sky, then cools off and falls as rain. They go back home and are delighted to see that their puddle is back. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:00 amDaniel Tiger's Neighborhood [#118H] Daniel Plays Ball/O Builds A Tower * Daniel Plays Ball - Daniel, Miss Elaina and Prince Wednesday are at the park with Prince Tuesday. They decide to play a game with a ball. Daniel struggles to catch the ball and gets very frustrated. All of his friends remind him to keep on trying.
* O Builds a Tower - In the block corner at school, O the Owl is determined to use all of the blocks to build the tallest tower in the world. After many failed attempts, he is frustrated, but Teacher Harriet and O's friends encourage him to try once again. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
7:30 amCaillou [#526H] Surprise Caillou! Butterfly Surprise: Caillou is disappointed to learn his class trip to the fire station is cancelled...and they're going to a butterfly conservatory instead. Caillou thinks butterflies are boring...until he sees them for himself, and learns about butterfly metamorphosis. Educational Objective: Keeping an open mind to new experiences. Soccer Trouble: Grandma plans to coach Caillou's soccer team while Grandpa recovers from an injury. Caillou is excited about this - until Grandma proves to have some unusual training methods. She insists her strange drills will make the kids better players. But it isn't until the kids' first game that they realize Grandma's strange and different methods are working - they are turning into better players! Educational Objective: Different isn't necessarily bad; the need to be open-minded to new things. You're Not Miss Martin!: Caillou isn't too happy when Miss Martin is away and his preschool class has a substitute teacher - Mrs. Shelley. She does everything differently and isn't familiar with the usual routines. When Caillou tries to see things from Mrs. Shelley's perspective, he decides to give her another chance...only to realize how wonderful Mrs. Shelley really is...even if she isn't Miss Martin. Educational Objective: Dealing with change; being open-minded to new experiences. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:00 amCurious George [#311] Gnocchi The Critic/George Cleans Up * Gnocchi The Critic -Chef Pisghetti is crushed. Gnocchi usually approves every dish the Chef makes, but for some reason Gnocchi hasn't eaten anything for days. Thinking his food is no good, the Chef decides to stop cooking and close the restaurant! Not wanting to lose his favorite ravioli, George follows Gnocchi to find out why she stopped liking the Chef's food. George carefully observes her cat behavior, but all she does is take naps, roll in the dirt and sneeze an awful lot. Wait...! The Man with the Yellow Hat begins sneezing due to his flower allergies. It's the same sneeze Gnocchi made throughout the day! Can George diagnose Gnocchi in time to save Chef P's restaurant?
* George Cleans Up - George made a mess of the living room. An upright vacuum is hard for a little monkey to control, so the Man with the Yellow Hat gets George a monkey-sized vacuum. George is amazed with his new "toy" and sucks up everything in sight.. .including some rare stamps the Man is supposed to deliver to Mr. Stamp! Inspired by a superhero on TV, George dons a cape and embarks on a citywide "cleaning" spree, using his little vacuum to suck up everything from bird food to dog biscuits to a winning lottery ticket. Will George figure out how to empty the bag when it gets full? Will the town view George as a Superhero Vacuum Monkey or a Super Villain? duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
8:30 amCat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That! [#133H] A Sweet Deal/King of Swing * A Sweet Deal - Sally and Nick are having a hard time getting customers to come to their "cafe". What can they do? The Cat takes them to meet Eddy the honeyguide bird. Eddy shows them how he guides humans to bees' nests by making noise and putting on a show. Back at home, Sally and Nick follow Eddy's example and proudly serve their first customer!
* King of Swing - Swinging from a rope isn't so easy for Sally and Nick.Good thing the Cat knows the king of swing, Charlie the chimpanzee! In the Leafylafoo Rainforest, Charlie teaches them how to use their hands and feet to swing as they help him search for bananas, his favourite food! Back at home, Sally and Nick mimic Charlie and swing across the backyard to where Cat has a surprise snack waiting for them - bananas! duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:00 amSuper Why! [#205H] King Eddie Who Loved Spaghetti It's dinner time at Whyatt's house but things are not going well! He's perplexed when Mom and Dad say that what's on his plate isn't healthy. To find out why, the reading superheroes fly into the story King Eddie Who Loved Spaghetti and encounter a wacky king who only wants to eat one thing - spaghetti! As the super readers convince King Eddie taste new foods, Whyatt learns there's more to dinner than he had originally thought! Educational Objectives: To learn about healthy eating. Kids will uncover the alphabet, practice the magic of spelling, learn what the word "ripe" means, and use the power to read to change the story. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
9:30 amDinosaur Train [#113H] Hootin' Hadrosaurs!/Hatching Party * Hootin' Hadrosaurs! - Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don meet Perry Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur with a crest on his head who teaches them a new way to hoot some hip music.
* Hatching Party - Buddy, Tiny and Mrs. Pteranodon attend an egg hatching party and meet their friend Cory Corythosaurus's new brothers and sisters. duration 28:46 SRND51 TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:00 amClifford The Big Red Dog [#134] Clifford Cleans His Room/Baby Makes Four * Clifford Cleans His Room - Clifford's good friends come over to help him clean out his doghouse, determined to get rid of all the old junk he no longer uses. But before long Clifford realizes that each item holds a special memory and can't be parted with. Mac thinks this is nonsense, until he is reminded of a memory in which he was included. He then understands, along with Clifford, that one dogs junk can be another dogs treasure.
* Baby Makes Four - Jetta gets a new baby brother and at first is extremely proud to be a big sister. But when she realizes this means she will now have to share the spotlight with the baby, she goes all out to get back her position as the center of attention. She eventually learns, however, that being a good big sister is far more rewarding than being the star of the show. duration 28:46 STEREO TVY (Secondary audio: DVI)
10:30 amClifford's Puppy Days [#120] Oh Brother/Up, Up & Oops * Oh Brother - Little Lucy Sidarsky is having a hard time adjusting to the new baby in the family. Seeing this, Daffodil decides to share with her the story of Clifford's arrival into Daffodil's home. It takes some time, but Daffodil soon discovers the joy of being a "big sister and friend" to someone who needs her. Lucy has her own small revelation when she is able to stop her little brother from crying. < br />* Up, Up & Oops! - Emily Elizabeth, Nina and Shun decide to make their own kites for a special kite flying day at the park. But when neither girls' kites will fly it looks like they won't be able to participate in kite flying day. In the end, Shun shares his special Japanese kite making materials with his friends and this act of sharing saves the day for all involved.