Spring Radio 2013 Drawing
Official Rules - Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV # 1 & # 2 Drawing
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS DRAWING. NON-CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES AND CONTRIBUTION ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The "Spring Radio 2013 - Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV # 1 & # 2" Drawing (the "Drawing") is sponsored by KQED Inc., ("KQED") which owns and operates KQED-FM having its principal place of business at 2601 Mariposa St., San Francisco, California 94110. The Drawing entry period begins on May 23, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 23, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. PT (the "Entry Period").
- Entries by Contribution: Completing a pledge contribution to KQED during the Entry Period, either via the KQED web site (www.kqed.org) or over the telephone, automatically enters you in the Drawing.
- Email Entries: You may also enter by sending an email to: FMDrawing@kqed.org during the Entry Period. The email must include a request to enter the Drawing, the entrant's first and last name, complete address, e-mail address, age, and telephone number.
- Telephone Entries: You may also enter by calling 1-800-937-8850, requesting to enter, and providing your name, address, age, and telephone number during the Entry Period.
All of the Drawing information will be posted at the Drawing Site at: http://www.kqed.org/support/membership/drawing.jsp throughout the Drawing. You may enter only once during the Entry Period. Limit of one entry per person and per household, regardless of method of entry. Duplicate entries from the same e-mail address/household will be automatically eliminated. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account.
The official winners (the "Prize Winners") will be randomly drawn in two separate drawings. Both Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 1andPanasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 2 will be held on May 23, 2013. Any entry received prior to 9:00 a.m. on May 23, 2013 (the "Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 1 Cutoff") will be eligible for both drawings. Any entry received after the Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 1 Cutoff but prior to 8:00 p.m. on May 23, 2013 (the "Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 2 Cutoff") will be eligible for Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 2 only. Any entry received after the Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 2 Cutoff will not be eligible to be included in any drawing and shall be disregarded. The above-noted deadlines are final. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and are equal regardless of method of entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Drawing is open to any individual who is, (a) as of the beginning of the Entry Period a legal resident of the state of California, U.S.A. (the "Eligibility Area"); and (b) 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents and their immediate families (regardless of where they live), or members of the same households (whether related or not) of KQED, and its affiliates and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Drawing Providers") and any other persons involved with this promotion, are not eligible to participate in the Drawing or to win any prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. PRIZE: The winners of each Drawing (each, a "Prize Winner") will each be awarded a Prize. The Prize for each respective Drawing is identified below:
- Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 1: Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV #1 (value: $1,549.00)
- Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV Drawing 2: Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV #2 (value: $1,549.00)
Odds of winning any Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Drawing.
Except where otherwise expressly noted in these Official Rules, the selection of all vendors, prizes, products and services is subject to the Drawing Providers' sole and absolute discretion. The Prize is nontransferable and nonexchangeable. No substitution or cash redemption of the Prize is permitted except that KQED retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at KQED's election, the cash value of the Prize). Additional restrictions may apply. The Prize may be subject to certain other restrictions and qualifications of the Drawing Providers.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: The Prize Winner, and two (2) alternates, will be selected in a random drawing from all entries received that are eligible for the Drawing. Two Drawings will be conducted, in accordance with the schedule set forth in Section 1 of these Rules.
In the event that the Prize for any Drawing cannot be awarded to the Prize Winner drawn for that particular Drawing, the Prize will be awarded to the first alternate selected in the same Drawing. If the Prize for that Drawing still cannot be awarded to such first alternate, it will be awarded to the second alternate selected in the same Drawing. If the Prize cannot be awarded to such second alternate, it will not be awarded.
The Drawing will be conducted by KQED, whose decisions, along with those of the other Drawing Providers, are final and binding on all aspects of this Drawing. By entering the Drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Drawing Providers. In the event of non-compliance, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected.
5. NOTIFICATION: The Prize Winners for each Drawing will be notified by e-mail, by mail, and/or by telephone within 10 business days of the particular Drawing. Failure of a potential Prize Winner to respond within ten (10) business days from such notification may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate as the Prize Winner. The Prize Winner will be required to sign Affidavits of Eligibility/ Liability Release and Publicity. If the properly executed Affidavits are not received by the Drawing Providers within five (5) business days from the date of notification or if the notification is returned from the post office as undeliverable, an alternate Prize Winner will be selected. No entrant is a Prize Winner until such Affidavits are validated.
6. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Drawing, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Drawing Providers (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Drawing), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Drawing Providers are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. In the event of non-compliance, an alternate Prize Winner may be selected. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Drawing Providers and will not be acknowledged or returned. Neither the Drawing Providers nor Internet access providers are responsible for incomplete, late, lost, misdirected or postage-due mail or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, incomprehensible, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Drawing Providers make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the Prize furnished or made available in connection with the Drawing.
Although the Drawing Providers attempt to ensure the integrity of the Drawing, the Drawing Providers are not responsible for the actions of entrants or other individuals in connection with the Drawing, including entrants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing. The Drawing Providers are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants' or to any other person's computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Drawing or downloading materials from or using the Drawing Site. If, for any reason, the Drawing is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, preemption of regular broadcast programming, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of KQED, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Drawing, KQED reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Drawing, and to select a Prize Winner from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. Proof of mailing or submitting entry will not be deemed receipt of such entry by the Drawing Providers. All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
By entering this Drawing, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner consents to use of his/her name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation, and the potential Prize Winner may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Moreover, by entering this Drawing, unless prohibited by law, the potential Prize Winner agrees to grant to the Drawing Providers, and their respective licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Prize Winner's name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by KQED in its sole discretion.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE DRAWING, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD THE DRAWING PROVIDERS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE DRAWING OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY DRAWING-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM THE SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE DRAWING, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE DRAWING PROVIDERS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE DRAWING SITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE DRAWING SITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE DRAWING SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE DRAWING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE DRAWING, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. GOVERNING LAW: The Drawing and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
(a) Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Drawing, the Drawing Provider reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Drawing.
(c) Prize Winner: For a list of Prize Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope after May 23, 2013 to: Winners List, "Spring Radio 2013 - Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV #1 & #2" Drawing, KQED, 2601 Mariposa St., San Francisco, California 94110, Attention: Membership. Requests for Winners List must be received by June 30, 2013.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Official Rules, "Spring Radio 2013 - Panasonic VIERA 55-Inch Plasma Smart TV #1 & #2" Drawing, KQED, 2601 Mariposa St., San Francisco, California 94110. Requests for Official Rules must be received by June 30, 2013.
Also on KQED.org this week ...
KQED Science Site Relaunches
All of KQED's science and environment content is now aggregated in one place on KQED.org. Find everything from Astronomy to Zebras!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.