This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Tomato, You Say/Martha Questions
Tomato, You Say: Why is there a tomato on T.D.'s shirt? Helen's eager to know. Unfortunately, she'd have an easier time getting Martha to skip breakfast than getting a straight answer from T.D. Will she ever find out? Vocabulary: (E) image, indicate, insignia, remind, symbol. Martha Questions: Is Martha only speaking in questions? Why would that be? Can Skits help her figure it out? Did somebody put something funny in her soup? Will the questions ever stop??? Vocabulary: (E) convey, inquire, period, punctuation, question mark.
Thu, Sep 29, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sun, Oct 2, 2016 -- 6:00am
Martha and Skits/Martha Plays A Part
* Martha and Skits (book based) - A new puppy joins Martha's household, bursting with puppy energy and the desire to chew everything. Unlike Martha, when Skits eats alphabet soup, nothing comes out except "Woof." Feeling like he's let the family down, Skits runs away. But soon Skits discovers that everybody is special in their own way. Vocabulary - (E) exceptional(ly), stupendous, unique, specialize, extraordinary (I) one-of-a-kind, excellent, perfect, super.
* Martha Plays a Part - Helen is miserable after Martha volunteers her for a part in the school play. With practice-and a little help from Martha-Helen finds she can do anything she wants, if she puts her mind to it. Vocabulary - (E) talent, expert, knack, gift, outstanding (I) superb, terrific, fantastic, practice, perform(ing) (ance), cue, play.
Thu, Sep 29, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 3, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 4, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 8, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 9, 2016 -- 10:00am
Martha Speaks/Martha Gives Advice
* Martha Speaks (book based) - When Martha eats alphabet soup, the letters go to her brain and she develops the ability to talk. And boy, does she talk. After her family complains that she talks too much, she clams up and stops eating her soup. Then a cat burglar breaks into her house, and Martha finds herself speechless. Can she get help in time? Vocabulary - (E) express, discuss(ion), mumble, exclaim, shout (I) speak(ing), jabber(ing), talk, whisper(ing), communicate. < br />* Martha Gives Advice - Helen's cousin Carolina is a little bit older but a lot more fashion-conscious. Helen tries to take her advice, even though she's pretty happy with how she looks already. Then Martha becomes the new host of a radio advice show, and people start doing some pretty strange things. Will Helen learn whose opinion really matters? Vocabulary - (E) persuade, defend, encourage, groan(ed), advice (I) (dis)agree, suggest, offer(ing), plead, sigh, opinion.
Sun, Oct 2, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 3, 2016 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 3, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 8, 2016 -- 10:00am
T.D. Gives A Report/Martha's Canine Cleaners
* T.D. Gives A Report: When T.D. finds out the Pony Express wasn't a train for horses, he's crushed. It was the only thing worth doing a report on for Mrs. Clusky's class. Helen tries to spark his interests in other topics, but it just won't work. Is there anything he can get passionate enough about to research? Vocabulary: (E) apathetic, avid, eliminate, indifferent, passionate.
* Martha's Canine Cleaners: Lily needs help. She tore a pillow while she was sleeping. Canine Cleaners Martha and Skits answer the call... and make things a whole lot worse. Can they clean up their mess made before Milo's dad gets home? Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear.
Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 1, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 2, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha Takes The Cake/Codename: Martha
* Martha Takes the Cake - It's Alice's birthday and everybody's invited, including Martha. The only problem is that Nelson (Martha's cat nemesis) will be there too. When somebody-or some animal-ruins the birthday cake, Alice's brother Ronald thinks Martha's responsible. Martha proclaims her innocence . . . but why was she surrounded by cake crumbs? Vocabulary - (E) innocent, guilty, biased, witness(ed), evidence (I) judge, jury, trial, prove, true/truth.
* Codename: Martha - Martha, Helen, and T.D. uncover a plot to rob the jewelry store, or so they think until their two suspects turn out to be police detectives on a stakeout. Now that everybody has gone home in disgrace, how will Martha catch the real criminals? Vocabulary - (E) suspicious, accomplice, plot(ting), proof, expression (I) fishy, partner, plan(ning), positive.
Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 30, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Oct 3, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Oct 4, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Wed, Oct 5, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 8, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 9, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Martha to the Rescue/Martha Camps Out
* Martha to the Rescue - Martha is inspired by her favorite show, "Courageous Collie Carlo." Unfortunately, her attempts to become a doggie hero don't quite work out the way she plans. In the end, both Martha and Helen discover they can be courageous when it really matters. Vocabulary - (E) rescue, courageous, danger, protect(ion), hero(ic) (I) save, strong, harm, escape, trouble.
* Martha Camps Out - Ronald finds out that Helen and Alice plan to go camping and warns them about Big Minnie, a mythical monster who lives in the woods. Undeterred, the campers set off. After all, everybody knows Big Minnie's imaginary. Or is she?
* Vocabulary - (E) honorary, brave(ry), earn, merit badge, frighten(ed) (ing), helpful (I) guard, scared, afraid.
Sat, Oct 1, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Oct 4, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 5, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Thu, Oct 6, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sun, Oct 9, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thou Callest Me A Dog/Martha's Paper Chase
Thou Callest Me a Dog: A dog speaking Shakespeare? 'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished and achieved when Martha swallows Hamlet. Never was a dog's desire for meat so artfully expressed. Vocabulary: (E) dialogue, director, monologue, producer, soliloquy. Martha's Paper Chase: It's the Town Crier deadline and Carolina needs a headline. Hot on the trail for a story, and a biscuit, Senior Canine Reporter Martha stumbles into a scoop that screams front page: the whereabouts of Big Minnie. But is exposing Minnie's privacy worth the story? Vocabulary: (E) confirm, feature, integrity, topic, verify.
Sun, Oct 2, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Sweater/The Mystery of the Missing Dinosaur
Martha's Sweater: A dog in a sweater? Not on Martha's watch. But what can she do when Grandma Lucille presents her with a neatly knitted pullover? Desperate to rid herself from woolly embarrasment, Martha sets out to prove that no sweater can withstand the rugged lifestyle of a dog. Vocabulary: (E) dignified, fib, hideous, loathe, undignified. The Mystery of the Missing Dinosaur: T.D.'s day starts like any other: getting on a bus and riding it to the end of the line. But when he passes by a toy that looks suspiciously like one he used to own, he's pulled into a mystery that even he couldn't dream up. Who's behind this game of a boy and his missing plastic dinosaur? Vocabulary: (E) absorbing, appealing, fascinating, intriguing, rendezvous.
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat/Grandpa Bernie Cleans
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat: No cat is stronger than a Bookbot... unless the Bookbots are out of shape! And with little crime to fight, our heroes have become just that. Will they be able to get fit in time to stop a new literacy-loathing villain on the rise? Vocabulary: (E) fitness, in shape, lazy, sluggish, strength. Grandpa Bernie Cleans Up: When the dogs join Helen and T.D. to clean Grandpa Bernie's garage, they meet Candy, an elderly dog who claims she was bit by a ball from outer space! As Bernie's trash becomes T.D. 's treasure, Martha and Skits dig through Candy's yard for the truth behind the fanged space ball. Vocabulary: (E) achey, elderly, mobility, vigor, youthful.
Sun, Oct 2, 2016 -- 10:00am
Down on the Farm/Martha Runs Away
* Down on the Farm - Helen, Martha, and T.D. visit T.D.'s grandpa CK on his farm. When Martha tries to help with chores, things get a little out of hand. She doesn't think she's cut out to be a farm dog, until she raises the alarm, just in the nick of time. Vocabulary - (E chores, herd, pasture, responsibility(ies), task, toil (I) job, tired, rise.
* Martha Runs Away - When Helen gets mad, Martha feels unappreciated and decides to run away. She finds the perfect job to match her abilities-as a telemarketer-and enjoys career success. But she realizes that no amount of success is a substitute for a loving family. Vocabulary - (E) success(eed), appreciate, opportunity, promote(ion) (ing)(ed), employ(ment)(ee)(er). (I) manage(r), hire(d), work, boss.
Tue, Oct 4, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 5, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 6, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Fri, Oct 7, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 8, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 9, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha Blah Blah/Skits Behaves
* Martha Blah Blah* (*book based) - Granny Flo decides to cut costs at the soup factory. Who would notice if each bowl of soup had only half the letters of the alphabet anyway? Martha would, that's who. As the letters are subtracted from the soup, they're also subtracted from her speech, and Martha loses her ability to communicate. Has Martha ordered her last burger? Vocabulary - (E) limit, add, subtract, reduce, diminish (I) few, greater, higher, more, less.
* Skits Behaves - Now that Skits is full grown, his rambunctious behavior has really gotten out of hand. Mom and Dad tell Helen she has to train Skits or he will have to be an outside dog. Helen tries all the latest training techniques with no success, until she realizes there's only one sure-fire training method: practice, lots of practice. Vocabulary - (E) improve(ment), progress, expand, behave, develop (I) better, misbehave, grow(n)(th), manners, learn.
Wed, Oct 5, 2016 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 6, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 9, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 10, 2016 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 10, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 15, 2016 -- 10:00am
Martha And The Canine Caper/Perfectly Martha
* Martha and the Canine Caper - Martha inadvertently helps some stray dogs rob Karl the butcher. Worried that she'll get blamed for the crime, she conceals the evidence and pretends nothing happened. When the canine criminals recruit her for another heist, she's torn between the truth and a really big salami. Vocabulary - (E) distressed, blame, confess, conceal(ing), shame (I) rob, crime, punish, suspect, honest, hurt.
* Perfectly Martha* (*book based) - Martha thinks there's something fishy about the Perfect Pup Institute. Why are all these dogs behaving so, well, perfectly? Martha is determined to uncover the secret, before any more dogs lose their essential dogginess. Will she succeed or will she become a perfect pup too? Vocabulary - (E) train, imperfect, obedient, disobedient, misbehave (I) wild, good, bad, sneaky, secret.
Thu, Oct 6, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 7, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 10, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 15, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 10:00am
Firedog Martha/Martha's Pickle
* Firedog Martha - Martha wants to be a firehouse dog, just like her favorite book, Firehouse Freddie. But somehow all the things Freddie makes look so easy-climbing ladders, carrying hoses-aren't as easy for a real dog to do. Will Martha give up on her dream? Vocabulary - (E) reality, fantasy, fiction, imagine, tale, dispatcher (I) story, real, fact(s), pretend, actually.
* Martha's Pickle - Have giant alien pickles invaded Wagstaff City? Truman saw something just like it in a movie, but he never saw the ending. Now they're racing the clock to figure out how to defeat the aliens, before they're really in a pickle! Vocabulary - (E) bizarre, odd, normal, farfetched, rumor, unusual (I) weird, wacky, ordinary, strange(r), report.
Fri, Oct 7, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 7, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Oct 10, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 15, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 2:00pm
The Dog Who Came to Dinner/Martha Calling
* The Dog Who Came to Dinner - Helen agrees to take care of Mrs. Clusky's dog for a few days, and Martha can't wait to welcome their houseguest. To Martha's chagrin, Francois turns out to be a demanding and manipulative guest who knows just how to charm the humans. When Martha gets blamed for the teacup poodle's bad behavior, something has to be done, but what? Vocabulary - (E) jealous, visitor, privileges, envy, demanding (I) houseguest, welcome, rude, polite, manners.
* Martha Calling* (*book based) - When Martha wins a trip to the Come-On-Inn from a radio call-in show, there's only one problem: No dogs allowed. Helen and Martha put their heads together to come up with a solution. Enter Granny Martha. But when a "mad dog" eats Granny Martha, pandemonium ensues. Where's Martha and why is everybody running for the exits? Vocabulary - (E) allow(ed), forbid(den), permit, restrict, problem (I)guest, rules, invite, vacation.
Sat, Oct 8, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 6:00am
Oh, Noooo!/Bye, Martha
* Oh, Noooo! - Granny Flo's Alphabet Soup is taking a licking from the competition, Oodles of Os. If Granny Flo goes out of business, how will Martha communicate? To increase sales, Helen, Martha, and T. D. set out to convince Granny Flo to advertise on the popular TV show, International Icon. Who will Granny Flo choose as a spokesperson? Vocabulary - (E) deceive(ing), honest(ly), dishonest, mislead(ing), popular (I) trust(ing), believe(able), fooling, right, wrong, ad(vertise)(ment).
* Bye, Martha - Nefarious con artist Weaselgraft hatches a scheme to kidnap Martha by pretending to be Martha's long-lost owner . . . from Poland. The family sniffs something suspicious, but why has Martha suddenly begun speaking Polish? Will they really have to say pozegnalny to Martha? Vocabulary - (E) deny, admit, claim, false, translate (I) switch(ed) (ing), mistake, trick, fraud.
Tue, Oct 11, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Fri, Oct 14, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 15, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha Walks The Dog/Martha's Got Talent
* Martha Walks the Dog* (*book based) - There's a new dog in town and, boy, is he mean! He barks so much that nobody can sleep. Helen and Martha decide they have to do something. They try steak, squeaky toys, soothing music, but nothing calms the beast within. Then unexpectedly Ronald's parrot reveals the power of a few well-chosen words. Vocabulary - (E) annoy, beware, insult, pleasant, unpleasant (I) bully, mean, loud, tough, naughty.
* Martha's Got Talent - Weaselgraft just can't get Martha off his mind. He must have her. Maybe he can tempt her into his clutches with some well-placed praise and a lifetime supply of bones. He invites her to a talent show, and Martha tells the gang. TD, Truman, and Carolina are game, but they aren't the kind of game Weaselgraft was hoping to catch. Vocabulary - (E) coax, compliment, flatter, tempt, praise (I) tongue twister, care, friendly, practice, treat.
Wed, Oct 12, 2016 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 16, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 17, 2016 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 17, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 10:00am
Martha The Hero Maker/Starstruck Martha
* Martha the Hero Maker - Martha has an idea for a thrilling adventure story, so Truman, T.D., and Helen decide to draw it for her. Much to Martha's dismay, they all add their own special touches, including peanut butter, a ground squirrel, and the Incredible Exo-Skeleton-of-Wow. But when life imitates art, things get a little too exciting! Vocabulary - (E) thrill(ing), hero, villain, astonish, humongous (I) boring, exciting, adventure, incredible, amazing, dull.
* Starstruck Martha - Martha is thrilled when she hears Courageous Collie Carlo is coming to town. But when Martha unexpectedly reveals how uncourageous Carlo really is, she has to help him save his reputation or Carlo's TV career could be history. Vocabulary - (E) ecstatic, embarrass, enthusiastic, eager, reputation (I) fear, excited, glad, upset, fan.
Thu, Oct 13, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 14, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 17, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 18, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 10:00am
Martha In Charge/Truman And The Deep Blue Sea
* Martha in Charge - Helen comes down with laryngitis, and she's sent to bed to recuperate. Martha decides to use her powers of speech to take care of the patient and find a cure. So why are a police car, fire engine, pizza delivery van, and chimney sweep truck all blocking the road in front of Helen's house? Vocabulary - (E) remedy, recover, recuperate, cure, medicine (I) hoarse, rest, well, sick(ness).
*Truman and the Deep Blue Sea - Truman can't believe his luck when Alice invites the gang to go whale watching . . . . until he realizes that he has to actually get on a boat. Which means he'll get seasick. But Truman's desire to see Balaenoptera musculus drives him to overcome his fear, with a little help from someone who knows the true meaning of perseverance! Vocabulary - (E) dread, nauseous, overcome, persevere, seasick (I) ill, quit, queasy, sick, shaky.
Fri, Oct 14, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 14, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Oct 17, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Oct 18, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Wed, Oct 19, 2016 -- 10:00am
Sat, Oct 22, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 23, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Escape From Flea Island/No Dogs Allowed
* Escape from Flea Island - Carolina is determined to outdo Tiffany Blatsky on the science project. She organizes an expedition with TD, Truman, and Martha to gather "exotic" plants. When the canoe capsizes, a storm blows up, and the sun starts to go down, they worry they may never get off Flea Island. Vocabulary - (E) cooperate, consensus, government, law, supervise (I) agree, lead, in charge, rule, team. * No Dogs Allowed - Tiffany wants to make Helen's treehouse into a girls' clubhouse. But who should be president? When the girls hold an election (Carolina vs. Tiffany, of course), both candidates aggressively court Helen's vote. Vocabulary - (E) campaign, debate, elect, influence, issue (I) choose, decide, lose, vote, win, club.