This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Goes to School/Td and the Light Bulb of Doom
* Martha Goes to School - TD thinks it would be funny to put Martha's name on the list for substitute teachers. What started out as a joke, turns into a nightmare for Helen, Alice, and TD, when Martha gets the job and takes it very seriously.
* TD and the Light Bulb of Doom - TD swears he'll start working on his report just as soon as he watches the "Harry Blotter, Boy Wizard" movie marathon, all nine parts! As Helen predicted, TD winds up in a panic until he has a moment of inspiration. Can he pull off his project in time?
Wed, Sep 17, 2014 -- 6:00am
Sun, Sep 21, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Sep 22, 2014 -- 4:30am
Martha Bakes/Martha Makes Scents
* Martha Bakes - Helen is sad when her drawing doesn't win the art competition, so Mom decides to bake her a cake to cheer her up. But when a last-minute order comes in at the flower shop, Martha and Skits decide to take over. Do two dogs with no thumbs (and a cookbook) have what it takes to bake?
* Martha Makes Scents - Always on the lookout for a way to avoid bathing, Martha decides TD's dad OG should invent a perfume that will cover up her doggy scent. After a few tries, he concocts the perfect pooch perfume. So why is Martha begging for a bath?
Sat, Sep 20, 2014 -- 6:00am
Martha Speaks Martha Treads The Boards/Martha's Pack
* Martha Treads the Boards - Helen's mom and dad are starring in the community theater production, and Helen's the stage manager. Even Martha gets a part... as a bull. When the big night finally comes, Mom and Dad get trapped in their dressing room. The play must go on, but now the bull is the bullfighter and the bullfighter is... her sister? What will they do for an encore?
* Martha's Pack - When Helen leaves Martha off her family tree, Martha decides to make her own pack. However, the call of the wild becomes the call of the can opener for her pack mates, and soon Martha is left alone at Doghead Lake, hunting for dinner. But can she really eat that poor wounded duck?
Wed, Sep 17, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Sep 18, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Sep 18, 2014 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 22, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 27, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha Speaks Martha The Witness/Martha Takes A Stand
* Martha the Witness - Mrs. Demson hates dogs and blames them for everything, which is a problem since she lives right down the street from Martha. But she changes her tune after Martha witnesses an accident that destroys Mrs. Demson's lawn furniture. Now Mrs. Demson will do anything to get Martha to appear as her witness in court.
* Martha Takes a Stand - Something smells bad and it's Martha. Faced with yet another bath, Martha makes a stand for her right to, well, stink. But if Martha is going to stand up for her rights, Dad says she can do it outside. Will Martha be an outside dog forever?
Sat, Sep 20, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Sep 21, 2014 -- 4:30am
Sun, Sep 21, 2014 -- 6:00am
Martha Smells/Martha Hears
* Martha Smells - Martha is secretly trapped inside Pablum and Weaselgraft's hideout. She manages to call Helen and tell her how to get there by smell. Can Helen and TD follow her scent map and uncover Weaselgraft and Pablum's lair?
* Martha Hears - For the same story from a different sensory perspective, Martha once again finds herself trapped in Weaselgraft and Pablum's lair, but this time she leads Helen and TD to their hideout by describing what she hears. It sounded like a good idea. . ..
Thu, Sep 18, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Sep 19, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 19, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Sep 19, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 23, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Sep 28, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha Speaks Martha's Worst Best Day/Truman's Brother
* Martha's Worst Best Day - Why is Martha so grumpy? She's offended just about everybody with her insults. Truman figures out that she's saying the exact reverse of what she means to say. But can they figure out the cure before she ruins Grandpa Bernie's birthday party?
* Truman's Brother - Truman and TD both wish they had a brother. If Skits and Martha can be sort of siblings, why can't the two of them? Helen and Alice bet the boys that they can't keep the brother thing up for a week, because they don't exactly have a lot in common.
Fri, Sep 19, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sat, Sep 20, 2014 -- 4:30am
Mon, Sep 22, 2014 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 24, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 27, 2014 -- 6:00am
Virtually Martha/Martha Vs. Robot
* Virtually Martha - While playing with Alice's laptop computer, Martha accidentally hits the wrong button and gets zapped inside! Will Helen figure out a way to get her out of there before those marauding video monsters gobble her up?
* Martha vs. Robot - Alice's family gets a robotic pet called Dynamo who can do everything a real dog can do and help you with your math homework. Martha decides to show that she's even more perfect than the perfect pet, so Helen won't replace her with a mechanical mutt. If that fails, can she work with Nelson to get rid of Dynamo?
Martha Speaks Martha's Dirty Habit/Helen's All Thumbs
* Martha's Dirty Habit - Every spring, Martha gets an urge to dig that she just can't control. When Martha's habit gets her in trouble with the whole neighborhood, the family decides they need to put her desire to dig to good use.
* Helen's All Thumbs - Ronald gives Helen his old gamekid, and pretty soon she's hooked! She forgets to walk Martha, neglects her homework, and becomes completely preoccupied. When Helen forgets to feed Martha and Skits again, and misses the fieldtrip because she forgot her permission slip, she turns to Martha for help. Can Helen break the habit?
Here's Martha!/Dog Fight
* Here's Martha! - Martha hosts a TV show where she helps people understand their animals better by explaining what they're saying. Unfortunately, the only viewers are Martha and her friends, so the producers try a new format, Crime Scene Doggie.
* Dog Fight - Martha and Skits don't want to share their newest, coolest dog toy. Their bickering is driving Helen nuts, and now TD and Alice have taken sides. Can't they all just get along?
Mon, Sep 22, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Sep 23, 2014 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 23, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thu, Sep 25, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 27, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Sep 28, 2014 -- 4:30am
Sun, Sep 28, 2014 -- 6:00am
Therapy Dog/Martha's Duck Trouble
* Therapy Dog - Martha becomes a hospital therapy dog, spreading cheer among the patients. But trouble brews when Mrs. Demson, who claims a horrible allergy to dogs, is admitted for an invisible rash. Can Martha sneak in to help the other patients without Mrs. Demson knowing?
* Martha's Duck Trouble - Ralph, the wounded duck from the lake, has settled in at Martha's house to convalesce. Pretty soon, it feels like the duck is taking over. How long does it take for a duck's wing to heal anyway? Is it possible that Ralph has gotten a little too comfortable?
Tue, Sep 23, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Sep 24, 2014 -- 4:30am
Wed, Sep 24, 2014 -- 6:00am
Sun, Sep 28, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Sep 29, 2014 -- 4:30am
Truman's Secret/Skits Monkeys Around
* Truman's Secret - Where has Truman been and why is he acting so weird? He's hiding in the garage, lurking in the shadows. He finally agrees to tell the whole gruesome story, but will it be too horrible for them to bear?
* Skits Monkeys Around - Skits loves to watch Malcolm, the blue monkey on TV. In fact, he loves Malcolm so much he wants to be Malcolm, and he starts wearing a polka dot bowtie. Martha is mortified to be seen with him in public. How long is this phase going to last or could it be permanent?
Wed, Sep 24, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Sep 25, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Sep 25, 2014 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 29, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 4, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha Speaks What's Bothering Bob?/Martha Spins A Tale
* What's Bothering Bob? - What's gotten into Bob? He's off his chain and he's chasing Truman all over town. Soon Truman, Helen, Alice, TD, Kazuo the dog officer, the pizza guy, and Bob's owner are all up a tree, imprisoned by a barking Bob. Can Martha figure out what's bothering Bob?
* Martha Spins a Tale - It's sweltering hot and everybody is miserable. To distract Jake from the heat, Martha tells him about Goldi-Martha and the Skits Hatter and Little Red Riding Helen and their adventures among giants, queens, and a very familiar fire - breathing cat.
Thu, Sep 25, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Sep 26, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 26, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Sep 26, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 30, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 5, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Chair/Td The Pack Rat
* Martha's Chair - Martha's family has a birthday surprise - a new dog bed! After a few sleepless nights, the family realizes that Martha misses her stinky old chair. But Mrs. Demson bought it and has plans of her own for the chair after she sees one just like it on Antiques Roadshow. Vocabulary: (E) antique, donate(d), upholstery, profit(ed), valuable.(I) furniture, worth(less), rich, cost, clean(ing)(ed)(ers).
* TD the Pack Rat - TD has too much junk! TD's mom makes him an offer: He can keep everything he has, as long as he doesn't bring anything else home. Does TD have the willpower? Vocabulary: (E) worthless, rubbish, clutter, salvage(d), priceless, perspective(s)(I) garbage, junk, collect(ion), keep, sell.
Fri, Sep 26, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sat, Sep 27, 2014 -- 4:30am
Mon, Sep 29, 2014 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 1, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 4, 2014 -- 6:00am
Painting for Peanuts/Martha's No Dummy
* Painting for Peanuts - The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and TD volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought. Vocabulary: (E) realistic, easel, participate(d), abstract, portrait (I) painting(s), artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose(s).
* Martha's No Dummy - Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but TD and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice? Vocabulary: (E) pantomime, routine(s)(ly), rehears(ing)(al)(ed) , ventriloquist, entertain(ment)(ing)(ed) (I) host(ing), show, old-fashioned, star(dom)(s), act.
Mon, Sep 29, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Sep 30, 2014 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 30, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 2, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 4, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 5, 2014 -- 4:30am
Sun, Oct 5, 2014 -- 6:00am
Martha Puts Out The Lights (Pts. 1 & 2)
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 1 - For Martha and the other dogs, Saturday night fireworks are the worst part of summer, and Mrs. Demson couldn't agree more. In fact, she's trying to get people to sign a petition to ban fireworks. Can Martha get enough signatures to make summer less scary for dogs? Vocabulary: (E) petition, illegal, cause, picket(ing), goal, ban(ning) (ed), protest(ing) (I) sign(ning) (ed), ask(ing), "on strike".
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 2 - Helen and her friends are devastated about the fireworks ban. Martha realizes that she helped Mrs. Demson ruin their fun, but can she find a way to reverse the ban and still protect her sensitive ears? Vocabulary: (E) purpose, signature(s), unite, majority, prohibit(ed) (I) fireworks, summer, write, support(ed).
Tue, Sep 30, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Oct 1, 2014 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 1, 2014 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 5, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 6, 2014 -- 4:30am
The Penguin Always Rings Twice/The Martha Code
* The Penguin Always Rings Twice - Someone keeps stealing the zoo's peanut supply. All clues point to Jeffy the elephant, but Martha and Skits are determined to prove his innocence. Can their crack crime-fighting team - a lemur, a bat, a penguin, a baby tiger, and Jeffy - help them outwit the thieves? Vocabulary: (E) mystery, clue, culprit, hunch, motive (I) first, second, next, last, after.
* The Martha Code - After Martha accidentally eats a secret code, it's really, really hard to understand what she's saying. Now Martha's lost and she's leaving Helen coded phone messages. Can Helen break the code and find out where she is? Vocabulary: (E) code, decipher, message, gibberish, arbitrary (I) (un) break(able), crack, secret(s), key, figure out.
Wed, Oct 1, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Oct 2, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 2, 2014 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 6, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 11, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha in the Hold/Get Along, Little Doggies
* Martha in the Hold - Martha's family is going out West on vacation and Martha doesn't want to be left behind. But that cargo hold where dogs have to travel sounds scary. Can Martha find her ticket to ride? Vocabulary: (E) cargo, passenger(s), turbulence, arriv(e)(s)(ing)(val) , depart(s)(ed) (I) travel(ing), suitcase(s), flight, trip, Take(s) (ing) off.
* Get Along, Little Dogies! - Martha is excited to go on a cattle drive. Cookie the cowhand isn't so sure that Martha is fit for the trip and he might be right. Can Martha show Cookie that she has what it takes to be at home on the range? Vocabulary: (E) vacation(ing), stampede, lodging, sightseeing, cattle drive, scenery (I) wagon, cowboy(s), camp, outdoors, tour(s).
Thu, Oct 2, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Oct 3, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 3, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Oct 3, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 7, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 12, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha in the White House, Part 1 & 2
* Martha in the White House, Part 1 - The new president is looking for a dog to live in the White House. Martha knows the perfect dog for the job! What better way to recommend some of her neighborhood pals than to put in a few calls to the White House herself? Vocabulary: (E) neighborhood, nation(al), volunteer, recommend(ing), community, nominate (I) president, white house, leader, country.
* Martha in the White House, Part 2 - The president is calling! One of his aides heard about Martha's speaking ability and he needs her to report to the White House immediately. But why does the president want Martha? Is there a top-secret cat conspiracy? Vocabulary: (E) mission, function(ing), appoint(ed)(ing)(ment), advise/advisor, representative(s), cabinet (I) aide(s), serve(d), official, secretary.
Fri, Oct 3, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sat, Oct 4, 2014 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 6, 2014 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 8, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 11, 2014 -- 6:00am
The Jakey Express/Martha, Sled Dog
* The Jakey Express - Stuck in a traffic jam, Helen's dad tells the story of the day Jake was born, and how Martha was able to drum up an inventive means of transportation to get mom to the hospital on time. Vocabulary: (E) schedule(d), deliver(y)(ies), funicular, delay(ed), transportation (I) flag(ging)(ed) down, lift, early, late, traffic, on time.
* Martha, Sled Dog - Truman tells Martha the story of Balto, the heroic Alaskan sled dog. Now Martha wants to become a sled dog, too! Weaselgraft and Pablum overhear her desire to mush. Will Malto deliver herself right into their hands? Vocabulary: (E) serum, sled, vehicle, transform, accelerate (I) glide, hitch, steer, haul, brake.
Mon, Oct 6, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Oct 7, 2014 -- 4:30am
Tue, Oct 7, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 9, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 11, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 12, 2014 -- 4:30am
Sun, Oct 12, 2014 -- 6:00am
Paws and Effect/The Trouble with Teddy
* Paws and Effect - When Martha gets a piece of glass in her paw, everyone realizes that littering hurts more than the environment. But what can they do about it? As Alice, Helen, and TD know, protecting the environment (and paws) is important, but it is easier said than done. Vocabulary: (E) discard(ed)(ing), litter(ed)(ing), thoughtless, debris, recycle(d)(ing) (I) careless(ly), trash, important, broke(n), injured.
* The Trouble with Teddy - Teddy, a neighborhood dog, is sick, and the vet doesn't know why. When Martha is called in to consult, even she can't diagnose the patient. Enlisting the help of the dog pack, they scour the yard for hazardous materials - when the cause of the problem could be right under their noses. Vocabulary: (E) hazardous, ingest(ed), environment, poisonous, pesticide(s) (I) rotten, spoil(ed), safe, dangerous, gross.
Tue, Oct 7, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Oct 8, 2014 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 8, 2014 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 12, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 13, 2014 -- 4:30am
Que Pasa, Martha/Td Is Talking Dog
* Que Pasa, Martha - Senor Craig expects everyone to present an oral report in Spanish, and Alice is a nervous wreck! With the help of Martha and some Mexican alphabet soup, she aces her presentation, but did she actually deserve her grade? Vocabulary: (E) recite(d), memoriz(ed)(ation), bilingual, pronouc(e) (iation), articulate (I) speech, oral, aloud, voice, remember.
* TD Is Talking Dog - Inspired by an old Tarzan-style movie, TD decides to learn animal languages and become an animal linguist. Under Martha's tutelage, he begins his lessons. Vocabulary: (E) enunciate, language, linguist, vocabulary, accent (I) tone, again, repeat, animal, phrase.
Wed, Oct 8, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Oct 9, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 9, 2014 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 13, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 18, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Dogs In Space/Dogs from Space
* Dogs in Space - Mrs. Clusky asks the class to present projects on the solar system, but TD finds himself distracted by comic books. Can he save the Planet of the Dogs from evil space cats and still get his homework in on time? Vocabulary: (E) planet, star, solar system, constellation, orbit (I) sun, moon, earth, space, spaceship.
* Dogs from Space - Inspired by TD's comic about the Planet of the Dogs, Martha has a dream about what life would be like as an alien space dog. Vocabulary: (E) universe, extraterrestrial, astronom(y)(er), astronaut, asteroid, inva(sion)( ed)(ing)(er), (in)humane (I) alien(s) , world, creature.
Thu, Oct 9, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Oct 10, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 10, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Oct 10, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 14, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 19, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Life In Crime, Part 1 & 2
* Martha's Life in Crime, Part 1 - Martha tells the story of her puppy days in the animal shelter and her excitement of finding a family. But it turns out that Helen wasn't the first person who adopted Martha. Vocabulary: (E) autobiography, possib(le)(ilities), yearn(ed), promis(e)(ing), narrate(d), flashback (I) tell(ing), back then, now, recall, before.
* Martha's Life in Crime, Part 2 -Puppy Martha's new owner turns out to have unsavory plans for her. Can Martha turn the tables on the bumbling crooks and still find a family? Vocabulary: (E) reminiscing, background, aspire(d)(ations), sequence (I) time, past, wish(ed), happened, when.
Fri, Oct 10, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sat, Oct 11, 2014 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 13, 2014 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 15, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 18, 2014 -- 6:00am
Martha Plays Favorites/Martha and the Doggie Lover
* Martha Plays Favorites - Truman is worried that his mom doesn't think he's special anymore. She's too busy taking care of the babies at her daycare. Martha knows just how he feels. She felt the same way when the family got that cute puppy Skits. Vocabulary: (E) include, exclude(d), notice(s), snub(bed), replace(d) (I) favorite, special, touchy, cute(st), cuddly.
* Martha and the Doggie Lover - TD's little cousin CD really likes dogs. Really, really likes dogs. CD loves dogs so much he squeezes them too hard. Can Martha teach CD how to be gentle with dogs? Vocabulary: (E) sensitive, aggressive, delicate, aggravate(d), out of control (I) shy, gentle(y), choke(ing), careful, tame(d).
Mon, Oct 13, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Oct 14, 2014 -- 4:30am
Tue, Oct 14, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 16, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 18, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 19, 2014 -- 4:30am
Sun, Oct 19, 2014 -- 6:00am
Skits On Ice/Martha's Steamed!
* Skits on Ice - Skits is afraid of hockey pucks, but why? Helen tells the story of how puppy Skits chased a puck onto thin ice, and how quick thinking by Martha saved the day. Vocabulary: (E) risky, thaw(ing), solid, freeze/frozen, defrost (I) ice(y), cold, melt, puck, hockey, thin.
* Martha's Steamed! - When Helen and Martha discover a dog locked in a hot car on a sweltering summer's day, they snap into action. While they try to track down the owner, it becomes almost impossible for them to keep their cool. Vocabulary: (E) emergency, scorching, parched, sizzling, broiling (I) panting, sweat(y), heat, thirsty, page.
Tue, Oct 14, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Oct 15, 2014 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 15, 2014 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 19, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 20, 2014 -- 4:30am
Martha and the One Thousand Fleas/Nice and Crabby
* Martha and the One Thousand Fleas - Helen is shocked to find that someone has eaten the cookies she was supposed to sell for the school fundraiser. Feeling stuffed and guilty, Martha knows just the thing to raise the money: a dog circus! Vocabulary: (E) charity, contribut(e)(ions), fundraiser, salesman, benefit (I) funds, grand finale, money, owe, raise(s)(ed).
* Nice and Crabby - Crabby Mrs. Demson is suddenly friendly, cheerful, and fun. What could be wrong with her? Martha sets out to get to the bottom of the mystery. Vocabulary: (E) complain(t)(ed), disposition, cruel, personality, amiable (I) grumpy, crabby, lovable, cranky, cheerful.
Wed, Oct 15, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Oct 16, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 16, 2014 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 20, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 25, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 1 & 2
* Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 1 - Martha is on a super secret mission to find out who's trying to steal the formula for Granny's soup. Can Martha stop the crooks before they put Granny Flo - and Martha's speaking voice - out of commission? Vocabulary: (E) secret agent, service(s), formula, surveillance, defeat(ed) (I) safe, steal, spy(ing), chief, warn.
* Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 2 - The life of a secret agent dog turns out to be trickier than Martha expected. Undaunted, Martha uses disguises and gadgets to hound the evil soup thieves. Vocabulary: (E) trespass(er)(ing), self-destruct, invisible, scheme, mastermind (I) disguise, combination, crook, hideout.
Thu, Oct 16, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Oct 17, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 17, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Oct 17, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Oct 26, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Alice Tells A Story/Pirates and Princesse
Alice Tells a Story: When Alice tells the story of how she got Nelson, her class is confused. She ate pizza while playing hockey in an animal shelter? With a little help from Helen and T.D., she might be able to tell it correctly, even if it is about cats... Vocabulary :(E) comprehend, digress, edit, order, tangent. Pirates and Princesses: Princesses Carolina, Alice and Helen needeth a castle. Skipper Truman and First Mate T.D. are scouring the land for a ship. The problem: Helen only has one tree house. Who will prevail in the clash between bucanneers and royalty? Vocabulary: (E) narrative, recap, scenario, summary, theme.
Fri, Oct 17, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sat, Oct 18, 2014 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 20, 2014 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 22, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 25, 2014 -- 6:00am
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat/Grandpa Bernie Cleans
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat: No cat is stronger than a Bookbot... unless the Bookbots are out of shape! And with little crime to fight, our heroes have become just that. Will they be able to get fit in time to stop a new literacy-loathing villain on the rise? Vocabulary: (E) fitness, in shape, lazy, sluggish, strength. Grandpa Bernie Cleans Up: When the dogs join Helen and T.D. to clean Grandpa Bernie's garage, they meet Candy, an elderly dog who claims she was bit by a ball from outer space! As Bernie's trash becomes T.D. 's treasure, Martha and Skits dig through Candy's yard for the truth behind the fanged space ball. Vocabulary: (E) achey, elderly, mobility, vigor, youthful.
Mon, Oct 20, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 -- 4:30am
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Oct 25, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Oct 26, 2014 -- 4:30am
Sun, Oct 26, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thou Callest Me A Dog/Martha's Paper Chase
Thou Callest Me a Dog: A dog speaking Shakespeare? 'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished and achieved when Martha swallows Hamlet. Never was a dog's desire for meat so artfully expressed. Vocabulary: (E) dialogue, director, monologue, producer, soliloquy. Martha's Paper Chase: It's the Town Crier deadline and Carolina needs a headline. Hot on the trail for a story, and a biscuit, Senior Canine Reporter Martha stumbles into a scoop that screams front page: the whereabouts of Big Minnie. But is exposing Minnie's privacy worth the story? Vocabulary: (E) confirm, feature, integrity, topic, verify.
Tue, Oct 21, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Oct 22, 2014 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 22, 2014 -- 6:00am
Sun, Oct 26, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Oct 27, 2014 -- 4:30am
April Fools/Bully for You!
April Fools: It's April Fools Day in Wagstaff City and T.D., the King of Pranks, is...too busy to plan pranks? He's preoccupied with an invitation to receive an award from the Wagstaff City Genius Society. Martha smells deception, but will T.D. catch on before it's too late? Vocabulary: (E) convince, dupe, ploy, prank, ruse. Bully For You!: A ferocious new pooch has the neighborhood dogs' fur on end. Martha may never go outside again. Even Skits is spooked. Can anyone neutralize this bully's bark? Vocabulary: (E) harass, intimidate, pick(ing) on, reluctant, tease.
Wed, Oct 22, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 -- 6:00am
Mon, Oct 27, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tomato, You Say/Martha Questions
Tomato, You Say: Why is there a tomato on T.D.'s shirt? Helen's eager to know. Unfortunately, she'd have an easier time getting Martha to skip breakfast than getting a straight answer from T.D. Will she ever find out? Vocabulary: (E) image, indicate, insignia, remind, symbol. Martha Questions: Is Martha only speaking in questions? Why would that be? Can Skits help her figure it out? Did somebody put something funny in her soup? Will the questions ever stop??? Vocabulary: (E) convey, inquire, period, punctuation, question mark.
Thu, Oct 23, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Oct 28, 2014 -- 2:00pm
T.D. Gives A Report/Martha's Canine Cleaners
* T.D. Gives A Report: When T.D. finds out the Pony Express wasn't a train for horses, he's crushed. It was the only thing worth doing a report on for Mrs. Clusky's class. Helen tries to spark his interests in other topics, but it just won't work. Is there anything he can get passionate enough about to research? Vocabulary: (E) apathetic, avid, eliminate, indifferent, passionate.
* Martha's Canine Cleaners: Lily needs help. She tore a pillow while she was sleeping. Canine Cleaners Martha and Skits answer the call... and make things a whole lot worse. Can they clean up their mess made before Milo's dad gets home? Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear.
Fri, Oct 24, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Sat, Oct 25, 2014 -- 4:30am
Mon, Oct 27, 2014 -- 6:00am
Wed, Oct 29, 2014 -- 2:00pm
The Martha Show, Part 1 & 2
* The Martha Show, Part 1 - Martha has been offered a chance to host a children's TV show with her friends! The gang tries to agree on the perfect kid's show (1st of two parts).Vocabulary: (E) genre(s), drama(tic)(s), educational, merchandise, style, comed(y)(ies)(ic) (I) co-star, medical, program(s), watch, script.
* The Martha Show, Part 2 - Having your own kid's show is more complicated than Martha expected. Our talking dog comes up with a whale of a show. But is her new partner - or TV - ready for it? Vocabulary: (E)pilot, imaginative, suspense, depict(ing)(ion)(ed) (I) duo, viewers, children('s), pirate(s), whale.
Mon, Oct 27, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Oct 28, 2014 -- 4:30am
Tue, Oct 28, 2014 -- 6:00am
Thu, Oct 30, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Skits and Mr. Scruffles/Brave Truman
* Skits and Mr. Scruffles - Everyone's too busy to play with Skits. While he's moping around the neighborhood, he meets Milo, a lonesome newcomer who just moved to Wagstaff City. The two bond, but when they tell their respective families about their new companion, no one believes they're real. Vocabulary: (E) occupied, companion, lonesome, disappoint, imaginary (I) bored, lonely, twice, play(ed)(ing), fun. < br>* Brave Truman - Truman is afraid to try out his new sled on the town's steepest, scariest, lumpiest hill. His friends are convinced that Truman is braver than he seems. Is he? Vocabulary: (E) panic, reaction, terrify(ed)(ing), phobia, reassur(e) (ing) (I) height(s), worr(y)(ied), dizzy, steep, tall.
Tue, Oct 28, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Oct 29, 2014 -- 4:30am
Wed, Oct 29, 2014 -- 6:00am
Martha's Millions/Carolina's Gifted
* Martha's Millions - When Carolina reads about a dog inheriting millions, she's appalled. What could a dog do with all that money? Martha discovers that it isn't who spends it, but how you spend it, that matters most. Vocabulary: (E) inherit(s)(ed)(ing)(ance), wealthy, greedy, generous, fortune (I) will, buy, spend, stingy, give(ing). < br />* Carolina's Gifted - Everyone is excited for Carolina's birthday, everyone, that is, except Carolina. She still hasn't used her gift certificate from last year's birthday, and it is going to expire... tonight! She and Helen rush to the store to pick out the perfect gift.What will it be? Vocabulary: (E) gift certificate, expire, purchase, splurge, redeem, squirrel away (I) save, cash, pay/paid, pick.
Wed, Oct 29, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Oct 30, 2014 -- 4:30am
Thu, Oct 30, 2014 -- 6:00am
Truman's Mad/Dog for a Day
* Truman's Mad - When Truman sends away for a science kit, he dreams about all the new inventions he will create. But can reality really live up to his big dreams? Vocabulary: (E) explore, theory, analyz(e) (ing), outcome, effect (I) note(s), lab, kit, finding(s), magnet(ism) (s).
* Dog for a Day - TD thinks dogs have it easy - no school, no homework, no schedule - but Martha begs to differ. When the two decide to switch roles for a day, they discover that life can be surprisingly tough in someone else's shoes (or tail). Vocabulary: (E) hypothesis, experiment, conclusion, compare(d), result(s) (I) human, canine, science, easy, hard(er).
Thu, Oct 30, 2014 -- 10:30pm
Fri, Oct 31, 2014 -- 4:30am
Fri, Oct 31, 2014 -- 6:00am
Fri, Oct 31, 2014 -- 2:00pm
Alice Covers Up/Carolina Picks A Lily
* Alice Covers Up - It's a pool party! Everyone is going, including Alice... until she becomes involved in a strange cover-up. Vocabulary: (E) (self)confiden(t)(ce), complexion, timid, outgoing, bashful (I) color, sort, brand, fair/fair-skinned, dye.
* Carolina Picks a Lily - Carolina adopts a new puppy, and she's so excited. It matches her purse! But when the gang points out the pup won't stay pocketbook-sized for long (check out those paws!), she regrets her impulsive adoption. Will they be able to find a home for Lily? Vocabulary: (E) shallow, temperament, vicious, impulsive, foster, hypoallergenic (I) sweet, type, breed, kind, nasty.
Fri, Oct 31, 2014 -- 10:30pm