This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
The Jakey Express/Martha, Sled Dog
* The Jakey Express - Stuck in a traffic jam, Helen's dad tells the story of the day Jake was born, and how Martha was able to drum up an inventive means of transportation to get mom to the hospital on time. Vocabulary: (E) schedule(d), deliver(y)(ies), funicular, delay(ed), transportation (I) flag(ging)(ed) down, lift, early, late, traffic, on time.
* Martha, Sled Dog - Truman tells Martha the story of Balto, the heroic Alaskan sled dog. Now Martha wants to become a sled dog, too! Weaselgraft and Pablum overhear her desire to mush. Will Malto deliver herself right into their hands? Vocabulary: (E) serum, sled, vehicle, transform, accelerate (I) glide, hitch, steer, haul, brake.
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Puts Out The Lights (Pts. 1 & 2)
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 1 - For Martha and the other dogs, Saturday night fireworks are the worst part of summer, and Mrs. Demson couldn't agree more. In fact, she's trying to get people to sign a petition to ban fireworks. Can Martha get enough signatures to make summer less scary for dogs? Vocabulary: (E) petition, illegal, cause, picket(ing), goal, ban(ning) (ed), protest(ing) (I) sign(ning) (ed), ask(ing), "on strike".
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 2 - Helen and her friends are devastated about the fireworks ban. Martha realizes that she helped Mrs. Demson ruin their fun, but can she find a way to reverse the ban and still protect her sensitive ears? Vocabulary: (E) purpose, signature(s), unite, majority, prohibit(ed) (I) fireworks, summer, write, support(ed).
Painting for Peanuts/Martha's No Dummy
* Painting for Peanuts - The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and TD volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought. Vocabulary: (E) realistic, easel, participate(d), abstract, portrait (I) painting(s), artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose(s).
* Martha's No Dummy - Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but TD and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice? Vocabulary: (E) pantomime, routine(s)(ly), rehears(ing)(al)(ed) , ventriloquist, entertain(ment)(ing)(ed) (I) host(ing), show, old-fashioned, star(dom)(s), act.
The Penguin Always Rings Twice/The Martha Code
* The Penguin Always Rings Twice - Someone keeps stealing the zoo's peanut supply. All clues point to Jeffy the elephant, but Martha and Skits are determined to prove his innocence. Can their crack crime-fighting team - a lemur, a bat, a penguin, a baby tiger, and Jeffy - help them outwit the thieves? Vocabulary: (E) mystery, clue, culprit, hunch, motive (I) first, second, next, last, after.
* The Martha Code - After Martha accidentally eats a secret code, it's really, really hard to understand what she's saying. Now Martha's lost and she's leaving Helen coded phone messages. Can Helen break the code and find out where she is? Vocabulary: (E) code, decipher, message, gibberish, arbitrary (I) (un) break(able), crack, secret(s), key, figure out.
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha's Puppy/The Cheating Chum Caper
Martha's Puppy - Martha feels it's high time to get a puppy, but the family disagrees. Even Jake knows that two dogs is plenty. With no other option, Martha sets out to do what any dog would: train a baby to become a puppy. Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear. The Cheating Chum Caper - Inspired by her favorite mystery novel, Heroic Helen is on the hunt for trouble. When she notices TD's grades have suddenly improved and spies him meeting secretly with Martha and Francois, things get personal. Has she uncovered a cheating scandal between her dog and her best friend? Vocabulary: (E) cheat, cram, quiz, tutor, drill.
Martha in the Hold/Get Along, Little Doggies
* Martha in the Hold - Martha's family is going out West on vacation and Martha doesn't want to be left behind. But that cargo hold where dogs have to travel sounds scary. Can Martha find her ticket to ride? Vocabulary: (E) cargo, passenger(s), turbulence, arriv(e)(s)(ing)(val) , depart(s)(ed) (I) travel(ing), suitcase(s), flight, trip, Take(s) (ing) off.
* Get Along, Little Dogies! - Martha is excited to go on a cattle drive. Cookie the cowhand isn't so sure that Martha is fit for the trip and he might be right. Can Martha show Cookie that she has what it takes to be at home on the range? Vocabulary: (E) vacation(ing), stampede, lodging, sightseeing, cattle drive, scenery (I) wagon, cowboy(s), camp, outdoors, tour(s).
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mouse Patrol/The Big Knockover
Mouse Patrol - Mice have invaded the neighborhood and Martha's here to help. Her rodent-ridding skills are superb, but once she gets to know these friendly, furry nomads the job gets complicated. Vocabulary: (E) invade, obstacle, predicament, relocate, soution. The Big Knockover - Trash cans are being knocked down across Wagstaff City and Mrs. Demson knows just who to blame: dogs. With her tail against the wall, Martha scrambles to find the real culprit before the town enacts a dreaded leash law. Vocabulary: (E) alibi, assume, incident, nocturnal, responsible.
Paws and Effect/The Trouble with Teddy
* Paws and Effect - When Martha gets a piece of glass in her paw, everyone realizes that littering hurts more than the environment. But what can they do about it? As Alice, Helen, and TD know, protecting the environment (and paws) is important, but it is easier said than done. Vocabulary: (E) discard(ed)(ing), litter(ed)(ing), thoughtless, debris, recycle(d)(ing) (I) careless(ly), trash, important, broke(n), injured.
* The Trouble with Teddy - Teddy, a neighborhood dog, is sick, and the vet doesn't know why. When Martha is called in to consult, even she can't diagnose the patient. Enlisting the help of the dog pack, they scour the yard for hazardous materials - when the cause of the problem could be right under their noses. Vocabulary: (E) hazardous, ingest(ed), environment, poisonous, pesticide(s) (I) rotten, spoil(ed), safe, dangerous, gross.
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha in the White House, Part 1 & 2
* Martha in the White House, Part 1 - The new president is looking for a dog to live in the White House. Martha knows the perfect dog for the job! What better way to recommend some of her neighborhood pals than to put in a few calls to the White House herself? Vocabulary: (E) neighborhood, nation(al), volunteer, recommend(ing), community, nominate (I) president, white house, leader, country.
* Martha in the White House, Part 2 - The president is calling! One of his aides heard about Martha's speaking ability and he needs her to report to the White House immediately. But why does the president want Martha? Is there a top-secret cat conspiracy? Vocabulary: (E) mission, function(ing), appoint(ed)(ing)(ment), advise/advisor, representative(s), cabinet (I) aide(s), serve(d), official, secretary.
Stanley Saves The Day/Milo Goes for Gold
Stanley Saves the Day - Kenan Thompson guest stars as Truman's cousin, Stanley, who's obsession with watching movies tends to get on his cousin's nerves. When the gang spots two crooks at the Wagstaff City Hotel, Stanley's knowledge of heist movies may be the best tool they've got to prevent a robbery. Vocabulary: (E) athletic, burly, lanky, muscular, scrawny. Milo Goes for Gold - Milo never wins anything. Tired of being trophyless and second-bested by his friends, he devises a way to triumph by making up his own games. The only trouble is, his friends are pretty good at those too... Vocabulary: (E) dexterity, endurance, sport, stamina, swift.