This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
The Jakey Express/Martha, Sled Dog
* The Jakey Express - Stuck in a traffic jam, Helen's dad tells the story of the day Jake was born, and how Martha was able to drum up an inventive means of transportation to get mom to the hospital on time. Vocabulary: (E) schedule(d), deliver(y)(ies), funicular, delay(ed), transportation (I) flag(ging)(ed) down, lift, early, late, traffic, on time.
* Martha, Sled Dog - Truman tells Martha the story of Balto, the heroic Alaskan sled dog. Now Martha wants to become a sled dog, too! Weaselgraft and Pablum overhear her desire to mush. Will Malto deliver herself right into their hands? Vocabulary: (E) serum, sled, vehicle, transform, accelerate (I) glide, hitch, steer, haul, brake.
Thu, Jul 28, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Jul 31, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 1, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha in the Hold/Get Along, Little Doggies
* Martha in the Hold - Martha's family is going out West on vacation and Martha doesn't want to be left behind. But that cargo hold where dogs have to travel sounds scary. Can Martha find her ticket to ride? Vocabulary: (E) cargo, passenger(s), turbulence, arriv(e)(s)(ing)(val) , depart(s)(ed) (I) travel(ing), suitcase(s), flight, trip, Take(s) (ing) off.
* Get Along, Little Dogies! - Martha is excited to go on a cattle drive. Cookie the cowhand isn't so sure that Martha is fit for the trip and he might be right. Can Martha show Cookie that she has what it takes to be at home on the range? Vocabulary: (E) vacation(ing), stampede, lodging, sightseeing, cattle drive, scenery (I) wagon, cowboy(s), camp, outdoors, tour(s).
Thu, Jul 28, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jul 30, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Jul 31, 2016 -- 4:30am
The Penguin Always Rings Twice/The Martha Code
* The Penguin Always Rings Twice - Someone keeps stealing the zoo's peanut supply. All clues point to Jeffy the elephant, but Martha and Skits are determined to prove his innocence. Can their crack crime-fighting team - a lemur, a bat, a penguin, a baby tiger, and Jeffy - help them outwit the thieves? Vocabulary: (E) mystery, clue, culprit, hunch, motive (I) first, second, next, last, after.
* The Martha Code - After Martha accidentally eats a secret code, it's really, really hard to understand what she's saying. Now Martha's lost and she's leaving Helen coded phone messages. Can Helen break the code and find out where she is? Vocabulary: (E) code, decipher, message, gibberish, arbitrary (I) (un) break(able), crack, secret(s), key, figure out.
Sun, Jul 31, 2016 -- 6:00am
Paws and Effect/The Trouble with Teddy
* Paws and Effect - When Martha gets a piece of glass in her paw, everyone realizes that littering hurts more than the environment. But what can they do about it? As Alice, Helen, and TD know, protecting the environment (and paws) is important, but it is easier said than done. Vocabulary: (E) discard(ed)(ing), litter(ed)(ing), thoughtless, debris, recycle(d)(ing) (I) careless(ly), trash, important, broke(n), injured.
* The Trouble with Teddy - Teddy, a neighborhood dog, is sick, and the vet doesn't know why. When Martha is called in to consult, even she can't diagnose the patient. Enlisting the help of the dog pack, they scour the yard for hazardous materials - when the cause of the problem could be right under their noses. Vocabulary: (E) hazardous, ingest(ed), environment, poisonous, pesticide(s) (I) rotten, spoil(ed), safe, dangerous, gross.
Thu, Jul 28, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jul 29, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 1, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 6, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Que Pasa, Martha/TD Is Talking Dog
* Que Pasa, Martha - Senor Craig expects everyone to present an oral report in Spanish, and Alice is a nervous wreck! With the help of Martha and some Mexican alphabet soup, she aces her presentation, but did she actually deserve her grade? Vocabulary: (E) recite(d), memoriz(ed)(ation), bilingual, pronouc(e) (iation), articulate (I) speech, oral, aloud, voice, remember.
* TD Is Talking Dog - Inspired by an old Tarzan-style movie, TD decides to learn animal languages and become an animal linguist. Under Martha's tutelage, he begins his lessons. Vocabulary: (E) enunciate, language, linguist, vocabulary, accent (I) tone, again, repeat, animal, phrase.
Fri, Jul 29, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jul 29, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Aug 2, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 7, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Dogs In Space/Dogs from Space
* Dogs in Space - Mrs. Clusky asks the class to present projects on the solar system, but TD finds himself distracted by comic books. Can he save the Planet of the Dogs from evil space cats and still get his homework in on time? Vocabulary: (E) planet, star, solar system, constellation, orbit (I) sun, moon, earth, space, spaceship.
* Dogs from Space - Inspired by TD's comic about the Planet of the Dogs, Martha has a dream about what life would be like as an alien space dog. Vocabulary: (E) universe, extraterrestrial, astronom(y)(er), astronaut, asteroid, inva(sion)( ed)(ing)(er), (in)humane (I) alien(s) , world, creature.
Sat, Jul 30, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 2, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 3, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 7, 2016 -- 6:00am
Martha Puts Out The Lights (Pts. 1 & 2)
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 1 - For Martha and the other dogs, Saturday night fireworks are the worst part of summer, and Mrs. Demson couldn't agree more. In fact, she's trying to get people to sign a petition to ban fireworks. Can Martha get enough signatures to make summer less scary for dogs? Vocabulary: (E) petition, illegal, cause, picket(ing), goal, ban(ning) (ed), protest(ing) (I) sign(ning) (ed), ask(ing), "on strike".
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 2 - Helen and her friends are devastated about the fireworks ban. Martha realizes that she helped Mrs. Demson ruin their fun, but can she find a way to reverse the ban and still protect her sensitive ears? Vocabulary: (E) purpose, signature(s), unite, majority, prohibit(ed) (I) fireworks, summer, write, support(ed).
Sun, Jul 31, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Painting for Peanuts/Martha's No Dummy
* Painting for Peanuts - The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and TD volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought. Vocabulary: (E) realistic, easel, participate(d), abstract, portrait (I) painting(s), artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose(s).
* Martha's No Dummy - Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but TD and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice? Vocabulary: (E) pantomime, routine(s)(ly), rehears(ing)(al)(ed) , ventriloquist, entertain(ment)(ing)(ed) (I) host(ing), show, old-fashioned, star(dom)(s), act.
Martha's Life In Crime, Part 1 & 2
* Martha's Life in Crime, Part 1 - Martha tells the story of her puppy days in the animal shelter and her excitement of finding a family. But it turns out that Helen wasn't the first person who adopted Martha. Vocabulary: (E) autobiography, possib(le)(ilities), yearn(ed), promis(e)(ing), narrate(d), flashback (I) tell(ing), back then, now, recall, before.
* Martha's Life in Crime, Part 2 -Puppy Martha's new owner turns out to have unsavory plans for her. Can Martha turn the tables on the bumbling crooks and still find a family? Vocabulary: (E) reminiscing, background, aspire(d)(ations), sequence (I) time, past, wish(ed), happened, when.
Tue, Aug 2, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 3, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 4, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 6, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 7, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha Plays Favorites/Martha and the Doggie Lover
* Martha Plays Favorites - Truman is worried that his mom doesn't think he's special anymore. She's too busy taking care of the babies at her daycare. Martha knows just how he feels. She felt the same way when the family got that cute puppy Skits. Vocabulary: (E) include, exclude(d), notice(s), snub(bed), replace(d) (I) favorite, special, touchy, cute(st), cuddly.
* Martha and the Doggie Lover - TD's little cousin CD really likes dogs. Really, really likes dogs. CD loves dogs so much he squeezes them too hard. Can Martha teach CD how to be gentle with dogs? Vocabulary: (E) sensitive, aggressive, delicate, aggravate(d), out of control (I) shy, gentle(y), choke(ing), careful, tame(d).
Wed, Aug 3, 2016 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 4, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 7, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 8, 2016 -- 4:30am
Skits On Ice/Martha's Steamed!
* Skits on Ice - Skits is afraid of hockey pucks, but why? Helen tells the story of how puppy Skits chased a puck onto thin ice, and how quick thinking by Martha saved the day. Vocabulary: (E) risky, thaw(ing), solid, freeze/frozen, defrost (I) ice(y), cold, melt, puck, hockey, thin.
* Martha's Steamed! - When Helen and Martha discover a dog locked in a hot car on a sweltering summer's day, they snap into action. While they try to track down the owner, it becomes almost impossible for them to keep their cool. Vocabulary: (E) emergency, scorching, parched, sizzling, broiling (I) panting, sweat(y), heat, thirsty, page.
Thu, Aug 4, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 5, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 8, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 13, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Martha and the One Thousand Fleas/Nice and Crabby
* Martha and the One Thousand Fleas - Helen is shocked to find that someone has eaten the cookies she was supposed to sell for the school fundraiser. Feeling stuffed and guilty, Martha knows just the thing to raise the money: a dog circus! Vocabulary: (E) charity, contribut(e)(ions), fundraiser, salesman, benefit (I) funds, grand finale, money, owe, raise(s)(ed).
* Nice and Crabby - Crabby Mrs. Demson is suddenly friendly, cheerful, and fun. What could be wrong with her? Martha sets out to get to the bottom of the mystery. Vocabulary: (E) complain(t)(ed), disposition, cruel, personality, amiable (I) grumpy, crabby, lovable, cranky, cheerful.
Fri, Aug 5, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 5, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Aug 8, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Aug 9, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 13, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 14, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 1 & 2
* Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 1 - Martha is on a super secret mission to find out who's trying to steal the formula for Granny's soup. Can Martha stop the crooks before they put Granny Flo - and Martha's speaking voice - out of commission? Vocabulary: (E) secret agent, service(s), formula, surveillance, defeat(ed) (I) safe, steal, spy(ing), chief, warn.
* Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 2 - The life of a secret agent dog turns out to be trickier than Martha expected. Undaunted, Martha uses disguises and gadgets to hound the evil soup thieves. Vocabulary: (E) trespass(er)(ing), self-destruct, invisible, scheme, mastermind (I) disguise, combination, crook, hideout.
Sat, Aug 6, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 9, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 10, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 14, 2016 -- 6:00am
The Martha Show, Part 1 & 2
* The Martha Show, Part 1 - Martha has been offered a chance to host a children's TV show with her friends! The gang tries to agree on the perfect kid's show (1st of two parts).Vocabulary: (E) genre(s), drama(tic)(s), educational, merchandise, style, comed(y)(ies)(ic) (I) co-star, medical, program(s), watch, script.
* The Martha Show, Part 2 - Having your own kid's show is more complicated than Martha expected. Our talking dog comes up with a whale of a show. But is her new partner - or TV - ready for it? Vocabulary: (E)pilot, imaginative, suspense, depict(ing)(ion)(ed) (I) duo, viewers, children('s), pirate(s), whale.
Tue, Aug 9, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 10, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 11, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 13, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 14, 2016 -- 4:30am
Skits and Mr. Scruffles/Brave Truman
* Skits and Mr. Scruffles - Everyone's too busy to play with Skits. While he's moping around the neighborhood, he meets Milo, a lonesome newcomer who just moved to Wagstaff City. The two bond, but when they tell their respective families about their new companion, no one believes they're real. Vocabulary: (E) occupied, companion, lonesome, disappoint, imaginary (I) bored, lonely, twice, play(ed)(ing), fun. < br>* Brave Truman - Truman is afraid to try out his new sled on the town's steepest, scariest, lumpiest hill. His friends are convinced that Truman is braver than he seems. Is he? Vocabulary: (E) panic, reaction, terrify(ed)(ing), phobia, reassur(e) (ing) (I) height(s), worr(y)(ied), dizzy, steep, tall.
Wed, Aug 10, 2016 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 11, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 14, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 15, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha's Millions/Carolina's Gifted
* Martha's Millions - When Carolina reads about a dog inheriting millions, she's appalled. What could a dog do with all that money? Martha discovers that it isn't who spends it, but how you spend it, that matters most. Vocabulary: (E) inherit(s)(ed)(ing)(ance), wealthy, greedy, generous, fortune (I) will, buy, spend, stingy, give(ing). < br />* Carolina's Gifted - Everyone is excited for Carolina's birthday, everyone, that is, except Carolina. She still hasn't used her gift certificate from last year's birthday, and it is going to expire... tonight! She and Helen rush to the store to pick out the perfect gift.What will it be? Vocabulary: (E) gift certificate, expire, purchase, splurge, redeem, squirrel away (I) save, cash, pay/paid, pick.
Thu, Aug 11, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 12, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 15, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 20, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Truman's Mad/Dog for a Day
* Truman's Mad - When Truman sends away for a science kit, he dreams about all the new inventions he will create. But can reality really live up to his big dreams? Vocabulary: (E) explore, theory, analyz(e) (ing), outcome, effect (I) note(s), lab, kit, finding(s), magnet(ism) (s).
* Dog for a Day - TD thinks dogs have it easy - no school, no homework, no schedule - but Martha begs to differ. When the two decide to switch roles for a day, they discover that life can be surprisingly tough in someone else's shoes (or tail). Vocabulary: (E) hypothesis, experiment, conclusion, compare(d), result(s) (I) human, canine, science, easy, hard(er).
Fri, Aug 12, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 12, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Aug 15, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Aug 16, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 20, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 21, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Alice Covers Up/Carolina Picks A Lily
* Alice Covers Up - It's a pool party! Everyone is going, including Alice... until she becomes involved in a strange cover-up. Vocabulary: (E) (self)confiden(t)(ce), complexion, timid, outgoing, bashful (I) color, sort, brand, fair/fair-skinned, dye.
* Carolina Picks a Lily - Carolina adopts a new puppy, and she's so excited. It matches her purse! But when the gang points out the pup won't stay pocketbook-sized for long (check out those paws!), she regrets her impulsive adoption. Will they be able to find a home for Lily? Vocabulary: (E) shallow, temperament, vicious, impulsive, foster, hypoallergenic (I) sweet, type, breed, kind, nasty.
Sat, Aug 13, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 16, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 17, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 21, 2016 -- 6:00am
The Opera Contest/Maestro Martha
* The Opera Contest - An opera contest! Sounds boring! But before you know it, the kids have cooked up their own ideas of what an opera should be. Vocabulary: (E) opera, soprano, bass, quartet, accomplish (I) scene, rhyme, costume, stage, prop(s).
* Maestro Martha - Bad guys Pablum and Weaselgraft have a plan to turn a charity concert into a heist by using the power of music. Very strange music. Can Martha turn down the volume on their evil scheming before it's too late? Vocabulary: (E) orchestra, symphony, conduct(or)(ing), percussion, composition (I) trumpet, string, maestro, gong, usher.
Tue, Aug 16, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 17, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 18, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 20, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 21, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha: Deadline Doggie/It's The Giant Pumpkin, Martha
* Martha: Deadline Doggie - When Martha begins to sniff out leads for Carolina's paper, the news is not fit to print. Can Martha redeem herself before she puts the paper out of business? Vocabulary: (E) article, deadline, eavesdropped(ing), gossip(ing), private (I) type(ing), read(s)(ing), tip, paper, surprise.
* It's the Giant Pumpkin, Martha - With The Ronald Report as her new competition, Carolina needs stories, big stories, to keep her paper afloat. But then she finds a story that's stranger than she bargained for. Vocabulary: (E), source, exaggerate(d)(ing)(tions), (un)reliable, anonymous, retract(ed)(ing)(ion) (I) reporter, lie(s), record, ton, pounds.
Wed, Aug 17, 2016 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 18, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 21, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 22, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha Acts Up/Ronald Is In
* Martha Acts Up - Mrs. Boxwood offers Martha a part in Alice in Wonderland, and Martha is thrilled at her new chance to become a star of the stage. But when Martha finds out what she's cast as, she's horrified. Vocabulary: (E) character(s), motivat(e)(ation), portray(s) , psychology, instinct(ual) (I) part, actors, play, line(s), show. < br />* Ronald Is In - When Ronald finds a book on psychology, he becomes the expert on everyone's "problems." Is his cure worse than the complaint? Vocabulary: (E) attitude, diagnose(is)(ed)(ing), emulate(ing), mimic(ing) (I) mental, borrow, worried, used book(s), yogurt.
Thu, Aug 18, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 22, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 27, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Myth Me?/TD's Myth Take
* Myth Me? - On a rainy, boring day, the gang does what everybody does on a rainy day: act out Greek myths! And, as always, they are really better with dogs! Vocabulary: (E) myth, legend, moral, reflection, fate (I) point, ending, setting, over, greek.
* TD's Myth Take - TD isn't satisfied with any Greek myth, so he decides to write his own version. With the help of Martha and Truman, he puts on a performance that exceeds everyone's expectations... Vocabulary: (E) version, alter, revis(e)(ing), adaptation, dramatize (I) change, fix, perfect, plot, nymph.
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 19, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Aug 22, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Aug 23, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 27, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 28, 2016 -- 2:00pm
The Dog Did It/Martha Out West
* The Dog Did It - Martha shares the Great Oral History of Dogs with Helen, TD, and Truman. According to Martha, dogs gave humans lots of stuff: fire, philosophy, physics, art, and even language. Could this explain why Shakespeare's hero is named Hamlet? Vocabulary: (E) primitive, civilization, prehistor(y)(ic), ancient, philosopher, origin (I) stone(s), fire, cave(man)(boy)(girl)(dog) (kids), history.
* Martha Out West - The gang has borrowed a video camera from the library so they can film their very own Wild West production. They each tell their version, featuring with pioneers, outlaws, and... strawberry milkshakes? Vocabulary: (E) pioneer, frontier, found(ed), outlaw, property (I) west(ern), mayor, sheriff, town, settle(r)(d).
Sat, Aug 20, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 23, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 24, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 28, 2016 -- 6:00am
The Long Rotten Summer/The Case of the Shattered Vase
* The Long Rotten Summer - For TD, summer always goes by too quickly, so he decides to spend this summer in the only place where the days never end: school. But is sitting alone in an empty classroom the best place to way to spend summer? Vocabulary: (E) moment(s), endless, infinite, eternal, interrupt (I) minute, hour, day, tomorrow, never, forever.
* The Case of the Shattered Vase - Helen shouldn't have watched that scary movie right before she went to sleep. Now she's sure there's something under her bed! Martha helps her understand that things are not always what they seem. Vocabulary: (E) instant, perception, transpire(d), occur(ed), review(ing) (I) crash, touch(ing), second, events, vase.
Tue, Aug 23, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 24, 2016 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 25, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 27, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 28, 2016 -- 4:30am
Patrol Dog Martha/The Crooning Crook Caper
* Patrol Dog Martha - Martha wishes she could help solve crimes like Rascal the police dog, and she's in luck! Officer O'Reilly lets Martha fill in while Rascal is away. Out patrolling, Martha smells a rat. Can she convince them that there's something rotten in the rutabaga? Vocabulary: (E) patrol, citation, smuggle, secur(e)(ity) (I) officer, police, freeze, beat, cop.
* The Crooning Crook Caper - Helen wishes she could be a kid detective just like her favorite book character, Curious Crystal. When Helen and Martha find a business card for "The Whistler" with "You've been warned" written on the back, they think their career as super sleuths has begun. Vocabulary: (E) caper, detective, camouflage, pursu(e)(it), stakeout (I) footprint, monocle, criminal, notebook, handwriting.
Wed, Aug 24, 2016 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 25, 2016 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 28, 2016 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 29, 2016 -- 4:30am
Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird/Return to Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird
* Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird - The gang is camping out. The tent is pitched, they've played a hundred hands of Go Fish, and they've even eaten all the s'mores - but they still aren't tired. When TD suggests they tell science fiction stories, no one expects this story to end as it does: to be continued! Vocabulary: (E) science fiction, data, unpredictable, forsee(able), unforeseen, feline(s) (I) gather(ing), mysterious, peculiar, vine.
* Return to Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird - A shadow on the outside of the tent inspires still more stories. With humans shrinking to the size of ants, and ants growing to the size of humans,everyone has something to contribute. Vocabulary: (E) miniature(ize), enormous, magnify(ing), improbable, scientist (I) ray, puny, huge, giant, mini.
Thu, Aug 25, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 26, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 29, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Wagstaff Races/The Missing Metal Mystery
* Wagstaff Races - Wagstaff City's environmental club is having a "Go Green Go-Cart Race," fueled by alternative energy. Using sun, wind, and pond scum, the gang gathers at the starting line. Who will win the trophy - and most importantly, how? Vocabulary: (E) energy, solar, alternative, convert, generate (I) cart, (re)use, green, power, parts.
* The Missing Metal Mystery Who's been stealing things from t-he local junkyard? When Detective TD announces the identity of his main suspect, everyone is shocked. Vocabulary: (E) waste, pollut(e)(ing)(tion), landfill, biodegradable (I) aluminum, copper, metal(s), trophy, sleepwalking.
Fri, Aug 26, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 26, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Aug 29, 2016 -- 6:00am
Tue, Aug 30, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Puppy Skits/Dinosaurs In Trouble!
Puppy Skits - Can a dog break through the space-time continuum? T.D. thinks so. As Martha recounts the tale of how T.D. first found Skits, we learn that innocent, easy-going Skits may in fact have been a time-traveling puppy! Vocabulary: (E) paleontologist, expedition, past, era, age, museum. Dinosaurs in Trouble! - Due to a lack of funds, the museum's fossil exhibit is closing and Milo and Truman are devastated. What's more fun than fossils? Can the Mesozoic enthusiasts find a way to save the dinos? Vocabulary: (E) museum, fossil, funds, exhibit, archaeologist.
Sat, Aug 27, 2016 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 30, 2016 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 31, 2016 -- 2:00pm
The Puppy Tooth Fairy/Martha's Blue Period
The Puppy Tooth Fairy - Martha is hit with a stark realization: the Tooth Fairy doesn't like dogs. Determined to right a wrong, Martha and Skits bound boldly into the night as the Puppy Tooth Fairies. The problem is puppies lose a lot of teeth. So do kittens and elephants and..."gulp"...whales? Vocabulary: (E) anticipation/ing, exhausted, dejected, determined, concerned. Martha's Blue Period - It's impossible. It's unthinkable. It's unbearable. Helen is leaving Martha and going to art camp. Full of separation anxiety, Martha's melancholy clouds even her ability to help T.D. take off his shoes. Feeling blue without her companion, Helen pours her feelings into her paintings. Vocabulary: (E) morose, pitifu, sentimental, mope(ing), blue.
Tue, Aug 30, 2016 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 31, 2016 -- 6:00am
The Puppy Show/Never Forget to Remember
The Puppy Show - TV producer Laslo Huckey knows just what people want to watch: puppies. But puppies doing what? He challenges Martha and the gang to come up with the perfect pitch for a puppy show. Vocabulary: (E) gist, brainstorm, concept, situation, introduce. Never Forget to Remember - It's the first day of spring and everybody wants to play their favorite outdoor game, Kickup! Only, where's the ball? In order to find it, the kids recount their memories of the last game. The problem is, everybody remembers things differently... Vocabulary: (E) certain, specific, sure, detail(s), previously.
Wed, Aug 31, 2016 -- 4:30am
My Mother The Dog/Martha's Must-Have
My Mother the Dog - Inspired by Ronald's parrot, Martha starts doing impersonations. It turns out her imitation of Helen's mom is spot-on. But when she starts answering phone calls in Mariella's voice, she gets a bit more than she bargained for... Vocabulary: (E) resembe/resemblance, impersonate/ation, genuine, authentic, accurate. Martha's Must-Have - When Martha finds out that wearing a Courageous Collie Carlo Collar makes people give you food, she has to have one. Ignoring Helen's claims that the product isn't as magical as it seems, Martha sets out to earn some cash for the collar. Vocabulary: (E) artificial, cheap, expensive, phony, bogus.