This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Mouse Patrol/The Big Knockover
Mouse Patrol - Mice have invaded the neighborhood and Martha's here to help. Her rodent-ridding skills are superb, but once she gets to know these friendly, furry nomads the job gets complicated. Vocabulary: (E) invade, obstacle, predicament, relocate, soution. The Big Knockover - Trash cans are being knocked down across Wagstaff City and Mrs. Demson knows just who to blame: dogs. With her tail against the wall, Martha scrambles to find the real culprit before the town enacts a dreaded leash law. Vocabulary: (E) alibi, assume, incident, nocturnal, responsible.
Fri, May 29, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Jun 2, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Jun 7, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Too Many Marthas/Too Much Martha
Too Many Marthas - When Martha is asked to sing at an animal rescue fundraiser, she's thrilled. But on the day of the concert, Martha gets mixed up with another Martha - a dog belonging to a lady named Jennifer (Jennifer Garner). Can Martha help Jennifer locate her missing pup before it's time to sing? Vocabulary: (E) number, diva, solo, aria, a cappella. Too Much Martha - Martha's constant pursuit of snacks has added some extra pounds and the vet says she needs to lose some weight. The family resolves to help Martha control her portions and maintain a balanced diet, but when Martha learns what this means, she's pretty fed up. No more late-night pizza? Vocabulary: (E) weight, portion, restrict, nutrition, balanced diet.
Sat, May 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Jun 1, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Jun 3, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 6, 2015 -- 6:00am
Eyes on the Skies/Camp Truman
Eyes on the Skies - Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson (Truman's #1 hero), is holding a seminar at the library. Truman becomes more and more certain that his activity partner T.D. is going to embarrass him in front of his idol. Does T.D. have what it takes to become a great scientist? Vocabulary: (E) telescope, seminar, identify, curious, astrophysicist, presentation. Camp Truman - Milo is super-exited to go to Camp Winnetka this summer - he's been packing since Christmas. But when Truman discovers that Camp Winnetka is closing, he takes it upon himself to cheer Milo up -- by showing him how miserable and grueling camp can be. Vocabulary: (E) activity, hike, forage, nature, grueling.
The Puppy Tooth Fairy/Martha's Blue Period
The Puppy Tooth Fairy - Martha is hit with a stark realization: the Tooth Fairy doesn't like dogs. Determined to right a wrong, Martha and Skits bound boldly into the night as the Puppy Tooth Fairies. The problem is puppies lose a lot of teeth. So do kittens and elephants and..."gulp"...whales? Vocabulary: (E) anticipation/ing, exhausted, dejected, determined, concerned. Martha's Blue Period - It's impossible. It's unthinkable. It's unbearable. Helen is leaving Martha and going to art camp. Full of separation anxiety, Martha's melancholy clouds even her ability to help T.D. take off his shoes. Feeling blue without her companion, Helen pours her feelings into her paintings. Vocabulary: (E) morose, pitifu, sentimental, mope(ing), blue.
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Jun 24, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Jun 24, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Jun 28, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Jun 29, 2015 -- 4:30am
My Mother The Dog/Martha's Must-Have
My Mother the Dog - Inspired by Ronald's parrot, Martha starts doing impersonations. It turns out her imitation of Helen's mom is spot-on. But when she starts answering phone calls in Mariella's voice, she gets a bit more than she bargained for... Vocabulary: (E) resembe/resemblance, impersonate/ation, genuine, authentic, accurate. Martha's Must-Have - When Martha finds out that wearing a Courageous Collie Carlo Collar makes people give you food, she has to have one. Ignoring Helen's claims that the product isn't as magical as it seems, Martha sets out to earn some cash for the collar. Vocabulary: (E) artificial, cheap, expensive, phony, bogus.
Sun, May 31, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, May 31, 2015 -- 6:00am
The Puppy Show/Never Forget to Remember
The Puppy Show - TV producer Laslo Huckey knows just what people want to watch: puppies. But puppies doing what? He challenges Martha and the gang to come up with the perfect pitch for a puppy show. Vocabulary: (E) gist, brainstorm, concept, situation, introduce. Never Forget to Remember - It's the first day of spring and everybody wants to play their favorite outdoor game, Kickup! Only, where's the ball? In order to find it, the kids recount their memories of the last game. The problem is, everybody remembers things differently... Vocabulary: (E) certain, specific, sure, detail(s), previously.
Martha's Puppy/The Cheating Chum Caper
Martha's Puppy - Martha feels it's high time to get a puppy, but the family disagrees. Even Jake knows that two dogs is plenty. With no other option, Martha sets out to do what any dog would: train a baby to become a puppy. Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear. The Cheating Chum Caper - Inspired by her favorite mystery novel, Heroic Helen is on the hunt for trouble. When she notices TD's grades have suddenly improved and spies him meeting secretly with Martha and Francois, things get personal. Has she uncovered a cheating scandal between her dog and her best friend? Vocabulary: (E) cheat, cram, quiz, tutor, drill.
Mon, Jun 1, 2015 -- 4:30am
Cora! Cora! Cora!/Cora Encore!
Cora! Cora! Cora! - Helen's family friend Kit Luntanne (Jennifer Westfeldt) is upset. She's had to leave her lovable dog, Cora, at home while she travels with her acting troupe. Backstage at the theater, Martha meets Ham Johnson (Jon Hamm), an actor who admires Kit and wants to impress her. Together they hatch a plan to reunite Kit with her dog. What could possibly go wrong? Vocabulary: (E) admire, reunite, ambition, famous, audition. Cora Encore! - Confusion ensues as Martha and Ham cross paths with a troupe of circus dogs who all look exactly like Cora. Can our heroes find the real Cora before she's sent off to perform in the big top? Or before Kit finds out about the mess they've made? Vocabulary: (E) actress, stash, bold, chaos, understudy.
Sat, Jun 6, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Stanley Saves The Day/Milo Goes for Gold
Stanley Saves the Day - Kenan Thompson guest stars as Truman's cousin, Stanley, who's obsession with watching movies tends to get on his cousin's nerves. When the gang spots two crooks at the Wagstaff City Hotel, Stanley's knowledge of heist movies may be the best tool they've got to prevent a robbery. Vocabulary: (E) athletic, burly, lanky, muscular, scrawny. Milo Goes for Gold - Milo never wins anything. Tired of being trophyless and second-bested by his friends, he devises a way to triumph by making up his own games. The only trouble is, his friends are pretty good at those too... Vocabulary: (E) dexterity, endurance, sport, stamina, swift.
Tue, Jun 2, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Jun 2, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Jun 4, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 6, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Jun 7, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Jun 7, 2015 -- 6:00am
The Return of Ralph/Little Bo's Sheep
The Return of Ralph - Buying a bigger TV usually means a better entertainment experience. For the Lorraine's, it means the return of Ralph, the conniving duck whose obsession with television has Helen's family desperate to be duck-free. But this time, Ralph has an even bigger surprise under his feathers... Vocabulary: (E) layover, migrate, pause, remain, stay. Little Bo's Sheep - Martha can't figure out why there's a sheep in her kitchen until Bo, a border collie, rushes in to explain that they got lost on their way to a herding festival. Can Helen and Martha get them there before it starts? And before the sheep eats all their pillows? Vocabulary: (E) dawdle, halt, insist, persistent, route.
Wed, Jun 3, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Jun 3, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Jun 7, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Jun 8, 2015 -- 4:30am
The Long Rotten Summer/The Case of the Shattered Vase
* The Long Rotten Summer - For TD, summer always goes by too quickly, so he decides to spend this summer in the only place where the days never end: school. But is sitting alone in an empty classroom the best place to way to spend summer? Vocabulary: (E) moment(s), endless, infinite, eternal, interrupt (I) minute, hour, day, tomorrow, never, forever.
* The Case of the Shattered Vase - Helen shouldn't have watched that scary movie right before she went to sleep. Now she's sure there's something under her bed! Martha helps her understand that things are not always what they seem. Vocabulary: (E) instant, perception, transpire(d), occur(ed), review(ing) (I) crash, touch(ing), second, events, vase.
Thu, Jun 4, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Jun 4, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Jun 8, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 13, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Alice Tells A Story/Pirates and Princesse
Alice Tells a Story: When Alice tells the story of how she got Nelson, her class is confused. She ate pizza while playing hockey in an animal shelter? With a little help from Helen and T.D., she might be able to tell it correctly, even if it is about cats... Vocabulary :(E) comprehend, digress, edit, order, tangent. Pirates and Princesses: Princesses Carolina, Alice and Helen needeth a castle. Skipper Truman and First Mate T.D. are scouring the land for a ship. The problem: Helen only has one tree house. Who will prevail in the clash between bucanneers and royalty? Vocabulary: (E) narrative, recap, scenario, summary, theme.
Fri, Jun 5, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jun 5, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Jun 5, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Jun 9, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Jun 14, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Sweater/The Mystery of the Missing Dinosaur
Martha's Sweater: A dog in a sweater? Not on Martha's watch. But what can she do when Grandma Lucille presents her with a neatly knitted pullover? Desperate to rid herself from woolly embarrasment, Martha sets out to prove that no sweater can withstand the rugged lifestyle of a dog. Vocabulary: (E) dignified, fib, hideous, loathe, undignified. The Mystery of the Missing Dinosaur: T.D.'s day starts like any other: getting on a bus and riding it to the end of the line. But when he passes by a toy that looks suspiciously like one he used to own, he's pulled into a mystery that even he couldn't dream up. Who's behind this game of a boy and his missing plastic dinosaur? Vocabulary: (E) absorbing, appealing, fascinating, intriguing, rendezvous.
Sat, Jun 6, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Jun 8, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Jun 10, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 13, 2015 -- 6:00am
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat/Grandpa Bernie Cleans
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat: No cat is stronger than a Bookbot... unless the Bookbots are out of shape! And with little crime to fight, our heroes have become just that. Will they be able to get fit in time to stop a new literacy-loathing villain on the rise? Vocabulary: (E) fitness, in shape, lazy, sluggish, strength. Grandpa Bernie Cleans Up: When the dogs join Helen and T.D. to clean Grandpa Bernie's garage, they meet Candy, an elderly dog who claims she was bit by a ball from outer space! As Bernie's trash becomes T.D. 's treasure, Martha and Skits dig through Candy's yard for the truth behind the fanged space ball. Vocabulary: (E) achey, elderly, mobility, vigor, youthful.
Tue, Jun 9, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Jun 9, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Jun 11, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 13, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Jun 14, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Jun 14, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Speaks/Martha Gives Advice
* Martha Speaks (book based) - When Martha eats alphabet soup, the letters go to her brain and she develops the ability to talk. And boy, does she talk. After her family complains that she talks too much, she clams up and stops eating her soup. Then a cat burglar breaks into her house, and Martha finds herself speechless. Can she get help in time? Vocabulary - (E) express, discuss(ion), mumble, exclaim, shout (I) speak(ing), jabber(ing), talk, whisper(ing), communicate. < br />* Martha Gives Advice - Helen's cousin Carolina is a little bit older but a lot more fashion-conscious. Helen tries to take her advice, even though she's pretty happy with how she looks already. Then Martha becomes the new host of a radio advice show, and people start doing some pretty strange things. Will Helen learn whose opinion really matters? Vocabulary - (E) persuade, defend, encourage, groan(ed), advice (I) (dis)agree, suggest, offer(ing), plead, sigh, opinion.
Wed, Jun 10, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Jun 10, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Jun 14, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Jun 15, 2015 -- 4:30am
Martha's Chair/Td The Pack Rat
* Martha's Chair - Martha's family has a birthday surprise - a new dog bed! After a few sleepless nights, the family realizes that Martha misses her stinky old chair. But Mrs. Demson bought it and has plans of her own for the chair after she sees one just like it on Antiques Roadshow. Vocabulary: (E) antique, donate(d), upholstery, profit(ed), valuable.(I) furniture, worth(less), rich, cost, clean(ing)(ed)(ers).
* TD the Pack Rat - TD has too much junk! TD's mom makes him an offer: He can keep everything he has, as long as he doesn't bring anything else home. Does TD have the willpower? Vocabulary: (E) worthless, rubbish, clutter, salvage(d), priceless, perspective(s)(I) garbage, junk, collect(ion), keep, sell.
Thu, Jun 11, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Jun 11, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Jun 15, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 20, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Painting for Peanuts/Martha's No Dummy
* Painting for Peanuts - The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and TD volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought. Vocabulary: (E) realistic, easel, participate(d), abstract, portrait (I) painting(s), artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose(s).
* Martha's No Dummy - Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but TD and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice? Vocabulary: (E) pantomime, routine(s)(ly), rehears(ing)(al)(ed) , ventriloquist, entertain(ment)(ing)(ed) (I) host(ing), show, old-fashioned, star(dom)(s), act.
Fri, Jun 12, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jun 12, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Jun 12, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Jun 16, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Jun 21, 2015 -- 2:00pm
The Martha Show, Part 1 & 2
* The Martha Show, Part 1 - Martha has been offered a chance to host a children's TV show with her friends! The gang tries to agree on the perfect kid's show (1st of two parts).Vocabulary: (E) genre(s), drama(tic)(s), educational, merchandise, style, comed(y)(ies)(ic) (I) co-star, medical, program(s), watch, script.
* The Martha Show, Part 2 - Having your own kid's show is more complicated than Martha expected. Our talking dog comes up with a whale of a show. But is her new partner - or TV - ready for it? Vocabulary: (E)pilot, imaginative, suspense, depict(ing)(ion)(ed) (I) duo, viewers, children('s), pirate(s), whale.
Sat, Jun 13, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Jun 15, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Jun 17, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 20, 2015 -- 6:00am
Skits and Mr. Scruffles/Brave Truman
* Skits and Mr. Scruffles - Everyone's too busy to play with Skits. While he's moping around the neighborhood, he meets Milo, a lonesome newcomer who just moved to Wagstaff City. The two bond, but when they tell their respective families about their new companion, no one believes they're real. Vocabulary: (E) occupied, companion, lonesome, disappoint, imaginary (I) bored, lonely, twice, play(ed)(ing), fun. < br>* Brave Truman - Truman is afraid to try out his new sled on the town's steepest, scariest, lumpiest hill. His friends are convinced that Truman is braver than he seems. Is he? Vocabulary: (E) panic, reaction, terrify(ed)(ing), phobia, reassur(e) (ing) (I) height(s), worr(y)(ied), dizzy, steep, tall.
Tue, Jun 16, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Jun 16, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Jun 18, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 20, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Jun 21, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Jun 21, 2015 -- 6:00am
Billy Collins Speaks/Milo's Reading Buddy
Billy Collins Speaks - Billy Collins writes great poems about dogs, and Martha thinks she knows why. Obviously, the former poet laureate must be a canine himself! When Martha meets Billy Collins she's in for a few surprises...as is he. Vocabulary: (E) poem, poet, prose, imposter, metaphor(ically). Milo's Reading Buddy - When Milo reads in front of other people he gets nervous. T.D. has the perfect, confidence-building solution: a Reading Buddy! The whole gang gets excited about helping Milo. Maybe too excited. Can Milo find the Reading Buddy who's perfect for him? Vocabulary: (E) fluent, struggle, apprehensive, interject, nervous.
Wed, Jun 17, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Jun 17, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Jun 21, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Jun 22, 2015 -- 4:30am
Verb Dog, When Action Calls!/Martha's Adverb Adventures
Verb Dog, When Action Calls! - Struck by a falling book of five-hundred-and-one English Verbs, Martha instantly becomes - Verb Dog! Using her unique superpower to control people with verbs, Martha sniffs out trouble and defends the town from evil. Vocabulary: (E) verb, amublate, elevate, descend, (un)petrify. Martha's Adverb Adventure - Weaselgraft and Pablum have a new invention that is sure to make them rich again. The Adverbalizer activates adverbs - giving the user the ability to make things happen completely, sloppily, instantly... Of course T.D. orders one... immediately! Vocabulary: (E) sloppily, instantly, immediately, completely, adverb.
Thu, Jun 18, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Jun 18, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Jun 22, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 27, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Takes The Cake/Codename: Martha
* Martha Takes the Cake - It's Alice's birthday and everybody's invited, including Martha. The only problem is that Nelson (Martha's cat nemesis) will be there too. When somebody-or some animal-ruins the birthday cake, Alice's brother Ronald thinks Martha's responsible. Martha proclaims her innocence . . . but why was she surrounded by cake crumbs? Vocabulary - (E) innocent, guilty, biased, witness(ed), evidence (I) judge, jury, trial, prove, true/truth.
* Codename: Martha - Martha, Helen, and T.D. uncover a plot to rob the jewelry store, or so they think until their two suspects turn out to be police detectives on a stakeout. Now that everybody has gone home in disgrace, how will Martha catch the real criminals? Vocabulary - (E) suspicious, accomplice, plot(ting), proof, expression (I) fishy, partner, plan(ning), positive.
Fri, Jun 19, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jun 19, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Jun 19, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Wed, Jun 24, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Jun 25, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Jun 25, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Jun 28, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Jun 29, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha and Skits/Martha Plays A Part
* Martha and Skits (book based) - A new puppy joins Martha's household, bursting with puppy energy and the desire to chew everything. Unlike Martha, when Skits eats alphabet soup, nothing comes out except "Woof." Feeling like he's let the family down, Skits runs away. But soon Skits discovers that everybody is special in their own way. Vocabulary - (E) exceptional(ly), stupendous, unique, specialize, extraordinary (I) one-of-a-kind, excellent, perfect, super.
* Martha Plays a Part - Helen is miserable after Martha volunteers her for a part in the school play. With practice-and a little help from Martha-Helen finds she can do anything she wants, if she puts her mind to it. Vocabulary - (E) talent, expert, knack, gift, outstanding (I) superb, terrific, fantastic, practice, perform(ing) (ance), cue, play.
Sat, Jun 20, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Jun 22, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Jun 24, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 27, 2015 -- 6:00am
Puppy Skits/Dinosaurs In Trouble!
Puppy Skits - Can a dog break through the space-time continuum? T.D. thinks so. As Martha recounts the tale of how T.D. first found Skits, we learn that innocent, easy-going Skits may in fact have been a time-traveling puppy! Vocabulary: (E) paleontologist, expedition, past, era, age, museum. Dinosaurs in Trouble! - Due to a lack of funds, the museum's fossil exhibit is closing and Milo and Truman are devastated. What's more fun than fossils? Can the Mesozoic enthusiasts find a way to save the dinos? Vocabulary: (E) museum, fossil, funds, exhibit, archaeologist.
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Jun 23, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Jun 25, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Jun 27, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Jun 28, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Jun 28, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thou Callest Me A Dog/Martha's Paper Chase
Thou Callest Me a Dog: A dog speaking Shakespeare? 'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished and achieved when Martha swallows Hamlet. Never was a dog's desire for meat so artfully expressed. Vocabulary: (E) dialogue, director, monologue, producer, soliloquy. Martha's Paper Chase: It's the Town Crier deadline and Carolina needs a headline. Hot on the trail for a story, and a biscuit, Senior Canine Reporter Martha stumbles into a scoop that screams front page: the whereabouts of Big Minnie. But is exposing Minnie's privacy worth the story? Vocabulary: (E) confirm, feature, integrity, topic, verify.
Fri, Jun 26, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jun 26, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Jun 26, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Jun 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur!/Carolina Tackles Football
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur! - T.D. ponders the age-old question: what's more powerful, a bulldozer or a dinosaur? The kids can't come to an agreement, so T.D. does what any boy faced with this question would do. He uses a time machine to bring a dinosaur back from the late Cretaceous period. Let the competition begin. Vocabulary: (E) match, force, equal, contend(er), clash. Carolina Tackles Football - The Wagstaff Dogs are tired of losing every game. In their search for new leadership, the gang is shocked to discover a fanatical football coach in...Carolina? Can the girly-girl protect her image and still bring the team to victory? Vocabulary: (E) pass, tackle, fumble, huddle, intercept(ion).
Sat, Jun 27, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Jun 29, 2015 -- 6:00am
Tomato, You Say/Martha Questions
Tomato, You Say: Why is there a tomato on T.D.'s shirt? Helen's eager to know. Unfortunately, she'd have an easier time getting Martha to skip breakfast than getting a straight answer from T.D. Will she ever find out? Vocabulary: (E) image, indicate, insignia, remind, symbol. Martha Questions: Is Martha only speaking in questions? Why would that be? Can Skits help her figure it out? Did somebody put something funny in her soup? Will the questions ever stop??? Vocabulary: (E) convey, inquire, period, punctuation, question mark.
Tue, Jun 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Jun 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Puts Out The Lights (Pts. 1 & 2)
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 1 - For Martha and the other dogs, Saturday night fireworks are the worst part of summer, and Mrs. Demson couldn't agree more. In fact, she's trying to get people to sign a petition to ban fireworks. Can Martha get enough signatures to make summer less scary for dogs? Vocabulary: (E) petition, illegal, cause, picket(ing), goal, ban(ning) (ed), protest(ing) (I) sign(ning) (ed), ask(ing), "on strike".
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 2 - Helen and her friends are devastated about the fireworks ban. Martha realizes that she helped Mrs. Demson ruin their fun, but can she find a way to reverse the ban and still protect her sensitive ears? Vocabulary: (E) purpose, signature(s), unite, majority, prohibit(ed) (I) fireworks, summer, write, support(ed).