This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
There Goes The Neighborhood/I Scream
* There Goes the Neighborhood - Martha can't believe that Helen and Alice are making such a fuss about a kitten. Everyone knows kittens are not to be tolerated. But could this kitten be different?
* Ice Scream - Alice is shocked to discover that Truman has never actually tried ice cream. Alice thinks deciding you won't like ice cream without trying it is, well, prejudiced! Can Helen and TD find a compromise that satisfies Alice but doesn't force Truman to give in to peer pressure?
April Fools/Bully for You!
April Fools: It's April Fools Day in Wagstaff City and T.D., the King of Pranks, is...too busy to plan pranks? He's preoccupied with an invitation to receive an award from the Wagstaff City Genius Society. Martha smells deception, but will T.D. catch on before it's too late? Vocabulary: (E) convince, dupe, ploy, prank, ruse. Bully For You!: A ferocious new pooch has the neighborhood dogs' fur on end. Martha may never go outside again. Even Skits is spooked. Can anyone neutralize this bully's bark? Vocabulary: (E) harass, intimidate, pick(ing) on, reluctant, tease.
Nurse Martha/Td Gets The Scoop
* Nurse Martha - Being able to translate animal speech sure comes in handy when Martha gets a job as the vet's assistant. But when Mrs. Clusky's niece brings her puppy to the vet - and he speaks nothing but incomprehensible puppy talk - Martha's going to need more than her linguistic skills to figure out what's wrong.
* TD Gets the Scoop - Carolina is starting a newspaper, the Carolina Town Crier, and she needs some crack reporters to track down the news. TD turns investigative reporter, until he becomes the headline himself. Martha thinks she's uncovered a real scoop, but Carolina disagrees, no bones about it.
Alice Twinkle Toes/Martha Fails The Course
* Alice Twinkle Toes - Alice is a talented athlete, but grace is not her middle name. After she sees a performance of the ballet, she secretly wishes she could take ballet lessons. But how can she ever admit she's interested when she knows her brother Ronald will tease her mercilessly?
* Martha Fails the Course - After she sees a dog agility course on TV, Martha decides being an agility dog is just the thing for her. But when she tries out a course that Mrs. Clusky built for Francois, her agility dream becomes a nightmare. Now Martha won't even walk in public. How can Helen and Alice get Martha back on her feet?
Martha Sings/Td Makes The Band
* Martha Sings - Martha wakes up singing and not just because she's happy. She can't stop! Helen and Martha visit the vet, some musicians, and an opera singer, trying to discover the source of her musical malady to no avail. Will Martha ever be able to talk without a tempo again?
* TD Makes the Band - Everybody's singing about Shecky the Sea Lion and it's driving TD nuts! He could write a better song than that, and that's just what he's going to do! He recruits the gang to join his band and then sets out to write a hit song. - about Belgium? Inspiration strikes, but what will they do for an encore?
Skits under the Weather/Martha the Weather Dog
* Skits under the Weather - Martha and Skits hate the sound of thunder. One day Skits gets fed up and tries to outrun the storm, but soon discovers that all roads somehow lead back home.
* Martha the Weather Dog - Windy McCloud, Wagstaff City's meteorologist, wants Martha to be her weather dog. Martha's thrilled that she'll be able to change the weather to suit Helen and her friends, until she finds out she's not going to make the weather, she's going to predict it. But all her predictions are way off. What should she tell Windy?