This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Return Of The Bookbots: The Case Of The Missing Words, Part One & Two
Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Part One - The Bookbots are back and faced with a new nemesis: The Announcer. Armed with the power to bring nouns from books to life, the Announcer is wreaking havoc on Wagstaff City. Can our heroes utilize their semantic savvy to stifle this rampaging rapscallion? Vocabulary: (E) noun, remove, term, insert, announce(r). Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Part Two - The Announcer is still at large and has put the city into grammatical peril. Fortunately, the Bookbots have discovered a secret weapon: adjectives. Equipped with this new linguistic leverage, our heroes may just be able to save their beloved city from their phonological foe. Vocabulary: (E) oath, adjective, define, modify, weightless.
Sat, Aug 1, 2015 -- 6:00am
Eyes on the Skies/Camp Truman
Eyes on the Skies - Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson (Truman's #1 hero), is holding a seminar at the library. Truman becomes more and more certain that his activity partner T.D. is going to embarrass him in front of his idol. Does T.D. have what it takes to become a great scientist? Vocabulary: (E) telescope, seminar, identify, curious, astrophysicist, presentation. Camp Truman - Milo is super-exited to go to Camp Winnetka this summer - he's been packing since Christmas. But when Truman discovers that Camp Winnetka is closing, he takes it upon himself to cheer Milo up -- by showing him how miserable and grueling camp can be. Vocabulary: (E) activity, hike, forage, nature, grueling.
Thu, Jul 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Jul 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 3, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 8, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 29, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Sep 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Sep 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Monkeyshines Martha/Dog Daze
Monkeyshines Martha - Helen's hefty schoolwork load leaves her with little time left to spend with Martha. At loose ends, Martha finds a friend in Professor Monkey, whose wacky inventions propel Martha into a world of new adventures. Vocabulary: (E) relie(f)(ve), genius, unwind, cherish, pressure. Dog Daze - When Carolina chastises Martha for her doggish mannerisms, Martha wishes Carolina could just see things from her point of view. That night, Carolina goes to sleep only to awake as...a dog! What will happen when she's forced to take on a furry, four-legged perspective? Vocabulary: (E) empathy, sympathy, characteristics, mannerisms, point of view.
Sat, Aug 1, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 2, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Aug 2, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 28, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Sep 29, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 29, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha to the Rescue/Martha Camps Out
* Martha to the Rescue - Martha is inspired by her favorite show, "Courageous Collie Carlo." Unfortunately, her attempts to become a doggie hero don't quite work out the way she plans. In the end, both Martha and Helen discover they can be courageous when it really matters. Vocabulary - (E) rescue, courageous, danger, protect(ion), hero(ic) (I) save, strong, harm, escape, trouble.
* Martha Camps Out - Ronald finds out that Helen and Alice plan to go camping and warns them about Big Minnie, a mythical monster who lives in the woods. Undeterred, the campers set off. After all, everybody knows Big Minnie's imaginary. Or is she?
* Vocabulary - (E) honorary, brave(ry), earn, merit badge, frighten(ed) (ing), helpful (I) guard, scared, afraid.
Fri, Jul 31, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jul 31, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Jul 31, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Aug 4, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 9, 2015 -- 2:00pm
The Puppy Show/Never Forget to Remember
The Puppy Show - TV producer Laslo Huckey knows just what people want to watch: puppies. But puppies doing what? He challenges Martha and the gang to come up with the perfect pitch for a puppy show. Vocabulary: (E) gist, brainstorm, concept, situation, introduce. Never Forget to Remember - It's the first day of spring and everybody wants to play their favorite outdoor game, Kickup! Only, where's the ball? In order to find it, the kids recount their memories of the last game. The problem is, everybody remembers things differently... Vocabulary: (E) certain, specific, sure, detail(s), previously.
Sat, Aug 1, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Aug 3, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 5, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 8, 2015 -- 6:00am
TD's Magic/Scaredy Cat
* TD's Magic - TD has found the best birthday gift of all time for his cousin CD: He's going to put on a magic show at his party. He wants to really "wow" the crowd, so the bigger the trick, the better. But what happens when his magic gets out of control? Vocabulary: (E) feat, rational(ly), vanish, illusion, dubious (I) disappear, magic, appear, explanation, powers.
* Scaredy Cat - To escape a storm, the kids and dogs retreat into the Boxwood's house. TD, Alice, and Helen decide to tell spooky stories to pass the time. But as spooky things start happening in the house, they wonder if their stories might be a little too real. Vocabulary: (E) silhouette, unexpected, nightmare, phantom, ominous (I) scare(d)(y), dark(ness), windy, rainy, night(time).
Martha Acts Up/Ronald Is In
* Martha Acts Up - Mrs. Boxwood offers Martha a part in Alice in Wonderland, and Martha is thrilled at her new chance to become a star of the stage. But when Martha finds out what she's cast as, she's horrified. Vocabulary: (E) character(s), motivat(e)(ation), portray(s) , psychology, instinct(ual) (I) part, actors, play, line(s), show. < br />* Ronald Is In - When Ronald finds a book on psychology, he becomes the expert on everyone's "problems." Is his cure worse than the complaint? Vocabulary: (E) attitude, diagnose(is)(ed)(ing), emulate(ing), mimic(ing) (I) mental, borrow, worried, used book(s), yogurt.
Martha Runs The Store, Part 1 & Part 2
* Martha Runs the Store, Part 1 - Skits and Martha are feeling desperate while they wait in the broiling sun for Helen to finish shopping. Fed up, Skits decides to follow the cool air into the store, and Martha has to follow to get him out. What are they going to do now that they're stuck in the bathroom and the store is about to close?
* Martha Runs the Store, Part 2 - Helen can't find Martha and Skits anywhere. Little does she know, they're trapped inside the darkened department store, trying to find the exit . . . when they aren't distracted by the comfy beds, overflowing garbage cans, and automatic tennis-ball shooter. Will they find their way out before it's time to blow out Mom's birthday candles?
Mon, Aug 3, 2015 -- 4:30am
My Mother The Dog/Martha's Must-Have
My Mother the Dog - Inspired by Ronald's parrot, Martha starts doing impersonations. It turns out her imitation of Helen's mom is spot-on. But when she starts answering phone calls in Mariella's voice, she gets a bit more than she bargained for... Vocabulary: (E) resembe/resemblance, impersonate/ation, genuine, authentic, accurate. Martha's Must-Have - When Martha finds out that wearing a Courageous Collie Carlo Collar makes people give you food, she has to have one. Ignoring Helen's claims that the product isn't as magical as it seems, Martha sets out to earn some cash for the collar. Vocabulary: (E) artificial, cheap, expensive, phony, bogus.
Tue, Aug 4, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 4, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 6, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 8, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 9, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Aug 9, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha's Puppy/The Cheating Chum Caper
Martha's Puppy - Martha feels it's high time to get a puppy, but the family disagrees. Even Jake knows that two dogs is plenty. With no other option, Martha sets out to do what any dog would: train a baby to become a puppy. Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear. The Cheating Chum Caper - Inspired by her favorite mystery novel, Heroic Helen is on the hunt for trouble. When she notices TD's grades have suddenly improved and spies him meeting secretly with Martha and Francois, things get personal. Has she uncovered a cheating scandal between her dog and her best friend? Vocabulary: (E) cheat, cram, quiz, tutor, drill.
Wed, Aug 5, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 5, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 9, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 10, 2015 -- 4:30am
Down on the Farm/Martha Runs Away
* Down on the Farm - Helen, Martha, and T.D. visit T.D.'s grandpa CK on his farm. When Martha tries to help with chores, things get a little out of hand. She doesn't think she's cut out to be a farm dog, until she raises the alarm, just in the nick of time. Vocabulary - (E chores, herd, pasture, responsibility(ies), task, toil (I) job, tired, rise.
* Martha Runs Away - When Helen gets mad, Martha feels unappreciated and decides to run away. She finds the perfect job to match her abilities-as a telemarketer-and enjoys career success. But she realizes that no amount of success is a substitute for a loving family. Vocabulary - (E) success(eed), appreciate, opportunity, promote(ion) (ing)(ed), employ(ment)(ee)(er). (I) manage(r), hire(d), work, boss.
Thu, Aug 6, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 6, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 10, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 15, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Speaks Martha Gets Spooked/Martha Changes Her Luck
* Martha Gets Spooked - Is someone fixing up the haunted house? If not, who ordered those flowers? Was it the ghost of Mrs. Parkington's Great-Aunt Martha? Whoever or whatever it was, Martha has to go in there to protect Helen, before it's too late!
* Martha Changes Her Luck - Uh-oh. Martha walked under a ladder-and broke a mirror-so now she thinks she's jinxed. And she's worried her bad luck is rubbing off on everybody else. Helen tries to explain that all the accidents are just coincidence, but things just keep getting worse.
Fri, Aug 7, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 7, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Aug 7, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Aug 11, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 16, 2015 -- 2:00pm
T.D. Gives A Report/Martha's Canine Cleaners
* T.D. Gives A Report: When T.D. finds out the Pony Express wasn't a train for horses, he's crushed. It was the only thing worth doing a report on for Mrs. Clusky's class. Helen tries to spark his interests in other topics, but it just won't work. Is there anything he can get passionate enough about to research? Vocabulary: (E) apathetic, avid, eliminate, indifferent, passionate.
* Martha's Canine Cleaners: Lily needs help. She tore a pillow while she was sleeping. Canine Cleaners Martha and Skits answer the call... and make things a whole lot worse. Can they clean up their mess made before Milo's dad gets home? Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear.
Sat, Aug 8, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Aug 10, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 12, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 15, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Sep 22, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 22, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Sep 24, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 26, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Sep 27, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Sep 27, 2015 -- 6:00am
Cora! Cora! Cora!/Cora Encore!
Cora! Cora! Cora! - Helen's family friend Kit Luntanne (Jennifer Westfeldt) is upset. She's had to leave her lovable dog, Cora, at home while she travels with her acting troupe. Backstage at the theater, Martha meets Ham Johnson (Jon Hamm), an actor who admires Kit and wants to impress her. Together they hatch a plan to reunite Kit with her dog. What could possibly go wrong? Vocabulary: (E) admire, reunite, ambition, famous, audition. Cora Encore! - Confusion ensues as Martha and Ham cross paths with a troupe of circus dogs who all look exactly like Cora. Can our heroes find the real Cora before she's sent off to perform in the big top? Or before Kit finds out about the mess they've made? Vocabulary: (E) actress, stash, bold, chaos, understudy.
Tue, Aug 11, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 11, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 13, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 15, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 16, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Aug 16, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 30, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Too Many Marthas/Too Much Martha
Too Many Marthas - When Martha is asked to sing at an animal rescue fundraiser, she's thrilled. But on the day of the concert, Martha gets mixed up with another Martha - a dog belonging to a lady named Jennifer (Jennifer Garner). Can Martha help Jennifer locate her missing pup before it's time to sing? Vocabulary: (E) number, diva, solo, aria, a cappella. Too Much Martha - Martha's constant pursuit of snacks has added some extra pounds and the vet says she needs to lose some weight. The family resolves to help Martha control her portions and maintain a balanced diet, but when Martha learns what this means, she's pretty fed up. No more late-night pizza? Vocabulary: (E) weight, portion, restrict, nutrition, balanced diet.
Wed, Aug 12, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 12, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 16, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 17, 2015 -- 4:30am
Martha Blah Blah/Skits Behaves
* Martha Blah Blah* (*book based) - Granny Flo decides to cut costs at the soup factory. Who would notice if each bowl of soup had only half the letters of the alphabet anyway? Martha would, that's who. As the letters are subtracted from the soup, they're also subtracted from her speech, and Martha loses her ability to communicate. Has Martha ordered her last burger? Vocabulary - (E) limit, add, subtract, reduce, diminish (I) few, greater, higher, more, less.
* Skits Behaves - Now that Skits is full grown, his rambunctious behavior has really gotten out of hand. Mom and Dad tell Helen she has to train Skits or he will have to be an outside dog. Helen tries all the latest training techniques with no success, until she realizes there's only one sure-fire training method: practice, lots of practice. Vocabulary - (E) improve(ment), progress, expand, behave, develop (I) better, misbehave, grow(n)(th), manners, learn.
Thu, Aug 13, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 13, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 17, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 22, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Chair/Td The Pack Rat
* Martha's Chair - Martha's family has a birthday surprise - a new dog bed! After a few sleepless nights, the family realizes that Martha misses her stinky old chair. But Mrs. Demson bought it and has plans of her own for the chair after she sees one just like it on Antiques Roadshow. Vocabulary: (E) antique, donate(d), upholstery, profit(ed), valuable.(I) furniture, worth(less), rich, cost, clean(ing)(ed)(ers).
* TD the Pack Rat - TD has too much junk! TD's mom makes him an offer: He can keep everything he has, as long as he doesn't bring anything else home. Does TD have the willpower? Vocabulary: (E) worthless, rubbish, clutter, salvage(d), priceless, perspective(s)(I) garbage, junk, collect(ion), keep, sell.
Fri, Aug 14, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 14, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Aug 14, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Aug 18, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 23, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Painting for Peanuts/Martha's No Dummy
* Painting for Peanuts - The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and TD volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought. Vocabulary: (E) realistic, easel, participate(d), abstract, portrait (I) painting(s), artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose(s).
* Martha's No Dummy - Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but TD and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice? Vocabulary: (E) pantomime, routine(s)(ly), rehears(ing)(al)(ed) , ventriloquist, entertain(ment)(ing)(ed) (I) host(ing), show, old-fashioned, star(dom)(s), act.
Sat, Aug 15, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Aug 17, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 19, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 22, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Puts Out The Lights (Pts. 1 & 2)
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 1 - For Martha and the other dogs, Saturday night fireworks are the worst part of summer, and Mrs. Demson couldn't agree more. In fact, she's trying to get people to sign a petition to ban fireworks. Can Martha get enough signatures to make summer less scary for dogs? Vocabulary: (E) petition, illegal, cause, picket(ing), goal, ban(ning) (ed), protest(ing) (I) sign(ning) (ed), ask(ing), "on strike".
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 2 - Helen and her friends are devastated about the fireworks ban. Martha realizes that she helped Mrs. Demson ruin their fun, but can she find a way to reverse the ban and still protect her sensitive ears? Vocabulary: (E) purpose, signature(s), unite, majority, prohibit(ed) (I) fireworks, summer, write, support(ed).
Tue, Aug 18, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 18, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 20, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 22, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 23, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Aug 23, 2015 -- 6:00am
The Penguin Always Rings Twice/The Martha Code
* The Penguin Always Rings Twice - Someone keeps stealing the zoo's peanut supply. All clues point to Jeffy the elephant, but Martha and Skits are determined to prove his innocence. Can their crack crime-fighting team - a lemur, a bat, a penguin, a baby tiger, and Jeffy - help them outwit the thieves? Vocabulary: (E) mystery, clue, culprit, hunch, motive (I) first, second, next, last, after.
* The Martha Code - After Martha accidentally eats a secret code, it's really, really hard to understand what she's saying. Now Martha's lost and she's leaving Helen coded phone messages. Can Helen break the code and find out where she is? Vocabulary: (E) code, decipher, message, gibberish, arbitrary (I) (un) break(able), crack, secret(s), key, figure out.
Wed, Aug 19, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 19, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 23, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 24, 2015 -- 4:30am
Martha in the Hold/Get Along, Little Doggies
* Martha in the Hold - Martha's family is going out West on vacation and Martha doesn't want to be left behind. But that cargo hold where dogs have to travel sounds scary. Can Martha find her ticket to ride? Vocabulary: (E) cargo, passenger(s), turbulence, arriv(e)(s)(ing)(val) , depart(s)(ed) (I) travel(ing), suitcase(s), flight, trip, Take(s) (ing) off.
* Get Along, Little Dogies! - Martha is excited to go on a cattle drive. Cookie the cowhand isn't so sure that Martha is fit for the trip and he might be right. Can Martha show Cookie that she has what it takes to be at home on the range? Vocabulary: (E) vacation(ing), stampede, lodging, sightseeing, cattle drive, scenery (I) wagon, cowboy(s), camp, outdoors, tour(s).
Thu, Aug 20, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 20, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 24, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 29, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha And The Canine Caper/Perfectly Martha
* Martha and the Canine Caper - Martha inadvertently helps some stray dogs rob Karl the butcher. Worried that she'll get blamed for the crime, she conceals the evidence and pretends nothing happened. When the canine criminals recruit her for another heist, she's torn between the truth and a really big salami. Vocabulary - (E) distressed, blame, confess, conceal(ing), shame (I) rob, crime, punish, suspect, honest, hurt.
* Perfectly Martha* (*book based) - Martha thinks there's something fishy about the Perfect Pup Institute. Why are all these dogs behaving so, well, perfectly? Martha is determined to uncover the secret, before any more dogs lose their essential dogginess. Will she succeed or will she become a perfect pup too? Vocabulary - (E) train, imperfect, obedient, disobedient, misbehave (I) wild, good, bad, sneaky, secret.
Fri, Aug 21, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 21, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Aug 21, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Aug 25, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Aug 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Alice Tells A Story/Pirates and Princesse
Alice Tells a Story: When Alice tells the story of how she got Nelson, her class is confused. She ate pizza while playing hockey in an animal shelter? With a little help from Helen and T.D., she might be able to tell it correctly, even if it is about cats... Vocabulary :(E) comprehend, digress, edit, order, tangent. Pirates and Princesses: Princesses Carolina, Alice and Helen needeth a castle. Skipper Truman and First Mate T.D. are scouring the land for a ship. The problem: Helen only has one tree house. Who will prevail in the clash between bucanneers and royalty? Vocabulary: (E) narrative, recap, scenario, summary, theme.
Sat, Aug 22, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Aug 24, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Aug 26, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 29, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha's Sweater/The Mystery of the Missing Dinosaur
Martha's Sweater: A dog in a sweater? Not on Martha's watch. But what can she do when Grandma Lucille presents her with a neatly knitted pullover? Desperate to rid herself from woolly embarrasment, Martha sets out to prove that no sweater can withstand the rugged lifestyle of a dog. Vocabulary: (E) dignified, fib, hideous, loathe, undignified. The Mystery of the Missing Dinosaur: T.D.'s day starts like any other: getting on a bus and riding it to the end of the line. But when he passes by a toy that looks suspiciously like one he used to own, he's pulled into a mystery that even he couldn't dream up. Who's behind this game of a boy and his missing plastic dinosaur? Vocabulary: (E) absorbing, appealing, fascinating, intriguing, rendezvous.
Tue, Aug 25, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Aug 25, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Aug 27, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Aug 29, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Aug 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Aug 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat/Grandpa Bernie Cleans
Bookbots 3: Fit Fights Fat: No cat is stronger than a Bookbot... unless the Bookbots are out of shape! And with little crime to fight, our heroes have become just that. Will they be able to get fit in time to stop a new literacy-loathing villain on the rise? Vocabulary: (E) fitness, in shape, lazy, sluggish, strength. Grandpa Bernie Cleans Up: When the dogs join Helen and T.D. to clean Grandpa Bernie's garage, they meet Candy, an elderly dog who claims she was bit by a ball from outer space! As Bernie's trash becomes T.D. 's treasure, Martha and Skits dig through Candy's yard for the truth behind the fanged space ball. Vocabulary: (E) achey, elderly, mobility, vigor, youthful.
Wed, Aug 26, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Aug 26, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Aug 30, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Aug 31, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thou Callest Me A Dog/Martha's Paper Chase
Thou Callest Me a Dog: A dog speaking Shakespeare? 'Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished and achieved when Martha swallows Hamlet. Never was a dog's desire for meat so artfully expressed. Vocabulary: (E) dialogue, director, monologue, producer, soliloquy. Martha's Paper Chase: It's the Town Crier deadline and Carolina needs a headline. Hot on the trail for a story, and a biscuit, Senior Canine Reporter Martha stumbles into a scoop that screams front page: the whereabouts of Big Minnie. But is exposing Minnie's privacy worth the story? Vocabulary: (E) confirm, feature, integrity, topic, verify.
Thu, Aug 27, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Aug 27, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Aug 31, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 5, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Firedog Martha/Martha's Pickle
* Firedog Martha - Martha wants to be a firehouse dog, just like her favorite book, Firehouse Freddie. But somehow all the things Freddie makes look so easy-climbing ladders, carrying hoses-aren't as easy for a real dog to do. Will Martha give up on her dream? Vocabulary - (E) reality, fantasy, fiction, imagine, tale, dispatcher (I) story, real, fact(s), pretend, actually.
* Martha's Pickle - Have giant alien pickles invaded Wagstaff City? Truman saw something just like it in a movie, but he never saw the ending. Now they're racing the clock to figure out how to defeat the aliens, before they're really in a pickle! Vocabulary - (E) bizarre, odd, normal, farfetched, rumor, unusual (I) weird, wacky, ordinary, strange(r), report.
Fri, Aug 28, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Aug 28, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Aug 28, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Sep 6, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha and the One Thousand Fleas/Nice and Crabby
* Martha and the One Thousand Fleas - Helen is shocked to find that someone has eaten the cookies she was supposed to sell for the school fundraiser. Feeling stuffed and guilty, Martha knows just the thing to raise the money: a dog circus! Vocabulary: (E) charity, contribut(e)(ions), fundraiser, salesman, benefit (I) funds, grand finale, money, owe, raise(s)(ed).
* Nice and Crabby - Crabby Mrs. Demson is suddenly friendly, cheerful, and fun. What could be wrong with her? Martha sets out to get to the bottom of the mystery. Vocabulary: (E) complain(t)(ed), disposition, cruel, personality, amiable (I) grumpy, crabby, lovable, cranky, cheerful.
Sat, Aug 29, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Aug 31, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 5, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 1 & 2
* Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 1 - Martha is on a super secret mission to find out who's trying to steal the formula for Granny's soup. Can Martha stop the crooks before they put Granny Flo - and Martha's speaking voice - out of commission? Vocabulary: (E) secret agent, service(s), formula, surveillance, defeat(ed) (I) safe, steal, spy(ing), chief, warn.
* Martha: Secret Agent Dog, Part 2 - The life of a secret agent dog turns out to be trickier than Martha expected. Undaunted, Martha uses disguises and gadgets to hound the evil soup thieves. Vocabulary: (E) trespass(er)(ing), self-destruct, invisible, scheme, mastermind (I) disguise, combination, crook, hideout.
Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 1, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Sep 3, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 5, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Sep 6, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Sep 6, 2015 -- 6:00am
The Martha Show, Part 1 & 2
* The Martha Show, Part 1 - Martha has been offered a chance to host a children's TV show with her friends! The gang tries to agree on the perfect kid's show (1st of two parts).Vocabulary: (E) genre(s), drama(tic)(s), educational, merchandise, style, comed(y)(ies)(ic) (I) co-star, medical, program(s), watch, script.
* The Martha Show, Part 2 - Having your own kid's show is more complicated than Martha expected. Our talking dog comes up with a whale of a show. But is her new partner - or TV - ready for it? Vocabulary: (E)pilot, imaginative, suspense, depict(ing)(ion)(ed) (I) duo, viewers, children('s), pirate(s), whale.
Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Sep 2, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Sep 6, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Sep 7, 2015 -- 4:30am
Skits and Mr. Scruffles/Brave Truman
* Skits and Mr. Scruffles - Everyone's too busy to play with Skits. While he's moping around the neighborhood, he meets Milo, a lonesome newcomer who just moved to Wagstaff City. The two bond, but when they tell their respective families about their new companion, no one believes they're real. Vocabulary: (E) occupied, companion, lonesome, disappoint, imaginary (I) bored, lonely, twice, play(ed)(ing), fun. < br>* Brave Truman - Truman is afraid to try out his new sled on the town's steepest, scariest, lumpiest hill. His friends are convinced that Truman is braver than he seems. Is he? Vocabulary: (E) panic, reaction, terrify(ed)(ing), phobia, reassur(e) (ing) (I) height(s), worr(y)(ied), dizzy, steep, tall.
Thu, Sep 3, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Sep 3, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 7, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Millions/Carolina's Gifted
* Martha's Millions - When Carolina reads about a dog inheriting millions, she's appalled. What could a dog do with all that money? Martha discovers that it isn't who spends it, but how you spend it, that matters most. Vocabulary: (E) inherit(s)(ed)(ing)(ance), wealthy, greedy, generous, fortune (I) will, buy, spend, stingy, give(ing). < br />* Carolina's Gifted - Everyone is excited for Carolina's birthday, everyone, that is, except Carolina. She still hasn't used her gift certificate from last year's birthday, and it is going to expire... tonight! She and Helen rush to the store to pick out the perfect gift.What will it be? Vocabulary: (E) gift certificate, expire, purchase, splurge, redeem, squirrel away (I) save, cash, pay/paid, pick.
Fri, Sep 4, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 4, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Sep 4, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Sep 13, 2015 -- 2:00pm
The Long Rotten Summer/The Case of the Shattered Vase
* The Long Rotten Summer - For TD, summer always goes by too quickly, so he decides to spend this summer in the only place where the days never end: school. But is sitting alone in an empty classroom the best place to way to spend summer? Vocabulary: (E) moment(s), endless, infinite, eternal, interrupt (I) minute, hour, day, tomorrow, never, forever.
* The Case of the Shattered Vase - Helen shouldn't have watched that scary movie right before she went to sleep. Now she's sure there's something under her bed! Martha helps her understand that things are not always what they seem. Vocabulary: (E) instant, perception, transpire(d), occur(ed), review(ing) (I) crash, touch(ing), second, events, vase.
Sat, Sep 5, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Sep 7, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 9, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 -- 6:00am
Truman's Mad/Dog for a Day
* Truman's Mad - When Truman sends away for a science kit, he dreams about all the new inventions he will create. But can reality really live up to his big dreams? Vocabulary: (E) explore, theory, analyz(e) (ing), outcome, effect (I) note(s), lab, kit, finding(s), magnet(ism) (s).
* Dog for a Day - TD thinks dogs have it easy - no school, no homework, no schedule - but Martha begs to differ. When the two decide to switch roles for a day, they discover that life can be surprisingly tough in someone else's shoes (or tail). Vocabulary: (E) hypothesis, experiment, conclusion, compare(d), result(s) (I) human, canine, science, easy, hard(er).
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Sep 10, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Sep 13, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Sep 13, 2015 -- 6:00am
Alice Covers Up/Carolina Picks A Lily
* Alice Covers Up - It's a pool party! Everyone is going, including Alice... until she becomes involved in a strange cover-up. Vocabulary: (E) (self)confiden(t)(ce), complexion, timid, outgoing, bashful (I) color, sort, brand, fair/fair-skinned, dye.
* Carolina Picks a Lily - Carolina adopts a new puppy, and she's so excited. It matches her purse! But when the gang points out the pup won't stay pocketbook-sized for long (check out those paws!), she regrets her impulsive adoption. Will they be able to find a home for Lily? Vocabulary: (E) shallow, temperament, vicious, impulsive, foster, hypoallergenic (I) sweet, type, breed, kind, nasty.
Wed, Sep 9, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Sep 9, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Sep 13, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Sep 14, 2015 -- 4:30am
The Opera Contest/Maestro Martha
* The Opera Contest - An opera contest! Sounds boring! But before you know it, the kids have cooked up their own ideas of what an opera should be. Vocabulary: (E) opera, soprano, bass, quartet, accomplish (I) scene, rhyme, costume, stage, prop(s).
* Maestro Martha - Bad guys Pablum and Weaselgraft have a plan to turn a charity concert into a heist by using the power of music. Very strange music. Can Martha turn down the volume on their evil scheming before it's too late? Vocabulary: (E) orchestra, symphony, conduct(or)(ing), percussion, composition (I) trumpet, string, maestro, gong, usher.
Thu, Sep 10, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Sep 10, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 14, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 19, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha: Deadline Doggie/It's The Giant Pumpkin, Martha
* Martha: Deadline Doggie - When Martha begins to sniff out leads for Carolina's paper, the news is not fit to print. Can Martha redeem herself before she puts the paper out of business? Vocabulary: (E) article, deadline, eavesdropped(ing), gossip(ing), private (I) type(ing), read(s)(ing), tip, paper, surprise.
* It's the Giant Pumpkin, Martha - With The Ronald Report as her new competition, Carolina needs stories, big stories, to keep her paper afloat. But then she finds a story that's stranger than she bargained for. Vocabulary: (E), source, exaggerate(d)(ing)(tions), (un)reliable, anonymous, retract(ed)(ing)(ion) (I) reporter, lie(s), record, ton, pounds.
Fri, Sep 11, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 11, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Sep 11, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Sep 20, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Myth Me?/TD's Myth Take
* Myth Me? - On a rainy, boring day, the gang does what everybody does on a rainy day: act out Greek myths! And, as always, they are really better with dogs! Vocabulary: (E) myth, legend, moral, reflection, fate (I) point, ending, setting, over, greek.
* TD's Myth Take - TD isn't satisfied with any Greek myth, so he decides to write his own version. With the help of Martha and Truman, he puts on a performance that exceeds everyone's expectations... Vocabulary: (E) version, alter, revis(e)(ing), adaptation, dramatize (I) change, fix, perfect, plot, nymph.
Sat, Sep 12, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Sep 14, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 16, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 19, 2015 -- 6:00am
The Dog Did It/Martha Out West
* The Dog Did It - Martha shares the Great Oral History of Dogs with Helen, TD, and Truman. According to Martha, dogs gave humans lots of stuff: fire, philosophy, physics, art, and even language. Could this explain why Shakespeare's hero is named Hamlet? Vocabulary: (E) primitive, civilization, prehistor(y)(ic), ancient, philosopher, origin (I) stone(s), fire, cave(man)(boy)(girl)(dog) (kids), history.
* Martha Out West - The gang has borrowed a video camera from the library so they can film their very own Wild West production. They each tell their version, featuring with pioneers, outlaws, and... strawberry milkshakes? Vocabulary: (E) pioneer, frontier, found(ed), outlaw, property (I) west(ern), mayor, sheriff, town, settle(r)(d).
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Sep 17, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 19, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Sep 20, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Sep 20, 2015 -- 6:00am
Patrol Dog Martha/The Crooning Crook Caper
* Patrol Dog Martha - Martha wishes she could help solve crimes like Rascal the police dog, and she's in luck! Officer O'Reilly lets Martha fill in while Rascal is away. Out patrolling, Martha smells a rat. Can she convince them that there's something rotten in the rutabaga? Vocabulary: (E) patrol, citation, smuggle, secur(e)(ity) (I) officer, police, freeze, beat, cop.
* The Crooning Crook Caper - Helen wishes she could be a kid detective just like her favorite book character, Curious Crystal. When Helen and Martha find a business card for "The Whistler" with "You've been warned" written on the back, they think their career as super sleuths has begun. Vocabulary: (E) caper, detective, camouflage, pursu(e)(it), stakeout (I) footprint, monocle, criminal, notebook, handwriting.
Wed, Sep 16, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Sep 16, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Sep 20, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 -- 4:30am
Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird/Return to Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird
* Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird - The gang is camping out. The tent is pitched, they've played a hundred hands of Go Fish, and they've even eaten all the s'mores - but they still aren't tired. When TD suggests they tell science fiction stories, no one expects this story to end as it does: to be continued! Vocabulary: (E) science fiction, data, unpredictable, forsee(able), unforeseen, feline(s) (I) gather(ing), mysterious, peculiar, vine.
* Return to Martha's Slumber Party of the Weird - A shadow on the outside of the tent inspires still more stories. With humans shrinking to the size of ants, and ants growing to the size of humans,everyone has something to contribute. Vocabulary: (E) miniature(ize), enormous, magnify(ing), improbable, scientist (I) ray, puny, huge, giant, mini.
Thu, Sep 17, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Sep 17, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 26, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Wagstaff Races/The Missing Metal Mystery
* Wagstaff Races - Wagstaff City's environmental club is having a "Go Green Go-Cart Race," fueled by alternative energy. Using sun, wind, and pond scum, the gang gathers at the starting line. Who will win the trophy - and most importantly, how? Vocabulary: (E) energy, solar, alternative, convert, generate (I) cart, (re)use, green, power, parts.
* The Missing Metal Mystery Who's been stealing things from t-he local junkyard? When Detective TD announces the identity of his main suspect, everyone is shocked. Vocabulary: (E) waste, pollut(e)(ing)(tion), landfill, biodegradable (I) aluminum, copper, metal(s), trophy, sleepwalking.
Fri, Sep 18, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 18, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Sep 18, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 22, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Sep 27, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tomato, You Say/Martha Questions
Tomato, You Say: Why is there a tomato on T.D.'s shirt? Helen's eager to know. Unfortunately, she'd have an easier time getting Martha to skip breakfast than getting a straight answer from T.D. Will she ever find out? Vocabulary: (E) image, indicate, insignia, remind, symbol. Martha Questions: Is Martha only speaking in questions? Why would that be? Can Skits help her figure it out? Did somebody put something funny in her soup? Will the questions ever stop??? Vocabulary: (E) convey, inquire, period, punctuation, question mark.
Sat, Sep 19, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Sep 21, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 23, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Sep 26, 2015 -- 6:00am
Billy Collins Speaks/Milo's Reading Buddy
Billy Collins Speaks - Billy Collins writes great poems about dogs, and Martha thinks she knows why. Obviously, the former poet laureate must be a canine himself! When Martha meets Billy Collins she's in for a few surprises...as is he. Vocabulary: (E) poem, poet, prose, imposter, metaphor(ically). Milo's Reading Buddy - When Milo reads in front of other people he gets nervous. T.D. has the perfect, confidence-building solution: a Reading Buddy! The whole gang gets excited about helping Milo. Maybe too excited. Can Milo find the Reading Buddy who's perfect for him? Vocabulary: (E) fluent, struggle, apprehensive, interject, nervous.
Wed, Sep 23, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Sep 23, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Sep 27, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Sep 28, 2015 -- 4:30am
Verb Dog, When Action Calls!/Martha's Adverb Adventures
Verb Dog, When Action Calls! - Struck by a falling book of five-hundred-and-one English Verbs, Martha instantly becomes - Verb Dog! Using her unique superpower to control people with verbs, Martha sniffs out trouble and defends the town from evil. Vocabulary: (E) verb, amublate, elevate, descend, (un)petrify. Martha's Adverb Adventure - Weaselgraft and Pablum have a new invention that is sure to make them rich again. The Adverbalizer activates adverbs - giving the user the ability to make things happen completely, sloppily, instantly... Of course T.D. orders one... immediately! Vocabulary: (E) sloppily, instantly, immediately, completely, adverb.
Thu, Sep 24, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Sep 24, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Sep 28, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur!/Carolina Tackles Football
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur! - T.D. ponders the age-old question: what's more powerful, a bulldozer or a dinosaur? The kids can't come to an agreement, so T.D. does what any boy faced with this question would do. He uses a time machine to bring a dinosaur back from the late Cretaceous period. Let the competition begin. Vocabulary: (E) match, force, equal, contend(er), clash. Carolina Tackles Football - The Wagstaff Dogs are tired of losing every game. In their search for new leadership, the gang is shocked to discover a fanatical football coach in...Carolina? Can the girly-girl protect her image and still bring the team to victory? Vocabulary: (E) pass, tackle, fumble, huddle, intercept(ion).
Fri, Sep 25, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Sep 25, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Sep 25, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Sep 29, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Market/Bye Bye Burger Boy
Martha's Market - Martha pitches in to run Tio Jorge's market when everyone else is busy. Will Martha and her canine coworkers be able to satisfy their customers' needs? Or is a staff of dogs in a store full of food a recipe for trouble? Vocabulary: (E) market, stock, inventory, display, order. Bye Bye Burger Boy - Burger Boy, the gang's favorite childhood restaurant, is going out of business. Can Martha and Friends' advertising campaign save their local eatery? Or are they doomed because of competition from the newest burgerchain in town, Big Burgertorium? VocabularY: (E) business, customer, commercial, advertistement, market(ing).
Sat, Sep 26, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Sep 28, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Sep 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm