This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha In Charge/Truman And The Deep Blue Sea
* Martha in Charge - Helen comes down with laryngitis, and she's sent to bed to recuperate. Martha decides to use her powers of speech to take care of the patient and find a cure. So why are a police car, fire engine, pizza delivery van, and chimney sweep truck all blocking the road in front of Helen's house? Vocabulary - (E) remedy, recover, recuperate, cure, medicine (I) hoarse, rest, well, sick(ness).
*Truman and the Deep Blue Sea - Truman can't believe his luck when Alice invites the gang to go whale watching . . . . until he realizes that he has to actually get on a boat. Which means he'll get seasick. But Truman's desire to see Balaenoptera musculus drives him to overcome his fear, with a little help from someone who knows the true meaning of perseverance! Vocabulary - (E) dread, nauseous, overcome, persevere, seasick (I) ill, quit, queasy, sick, shaky.
Sun, May 8, 2016 -- 6:00am
Raiders of the Lost Art/Martha Says It with Flowers
* Raiders of the Lost Art - After TD passes in the wrong drawing in art class (a caricature of his art teacher instead of a perfectly good drawing of the back of Chuck Smith's head), he panics. With Truman and Martha keeping an eye out for the janitor, Helen and TD sneak into the school after hours to switch the drawings. But will they get caught, or worse still, eaten by a desert mountain snow wolf?
* Martha Says It with Flowers - Martha always seems to do the wrong thing around Grandma Lucille. To prove that she's really considerate, she decides to do something really special for Grandma's birthday. But finding the perfect present for a human is a lot harder than it looks.
Thu, May 5, 2016 -- 4:30am
Fri, May 6, 2016 -- 6:00am
Mon, May 9, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Sat, May 14, 2016 -- 2:00pm
Martha Ain't Nothin' But A Pound Dog, Part 1 & Part 2
* Martha Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, Part 1 - Martha loses her collar and winds up in the animal shelter. She leads an escape attempt, only to find that freedom isn't much without a family. (1st of two parts). Vocabulary - (E) abandon, deserted, neglected, overlooked, (un) fortunate (I) alone, forgot, harsh, lonely, tough, rough.
* Martha Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, Part 2 - When Martha's family comes to take her home, she decides she can't leave her shelter friends behind. Adopting that many dogs is out of the question, so Martha, Helen, and TD cook up a plan to find families for the pound pooches. (2nd of two parts). Vocabulary - (E) adopt, affection, devoted, embrace, loyal. (I) adore, belong, care, dream, hope.