This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha's Market/Bye Bye Burger Boy
Martha's Market - Martha pitches in to run Tio Jorge's market when everyone else is busy. Will Martha and her canine coworkers be able to satisfy their customers' needs? Or is a staff of dogs in a store full of food a recipe for trouble? Vocabulary: (E) market, stock, inventory, display, order. Bye Bye Burger Boy - Burger Boy, the gang's favorite childhood restaurant, is going out of business. Can Martha and Friends' advertising campaign save their local eatery? Or are they doomed because of competition from the newest burgerchain in town, Big Burgertorium? VocabularY: (E) business, customer, commercial, advertistement, market(ing).
Mon, Feb 2, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Feb 7, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!/Martha and Truman Get Lost
* Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey! - Professor Monkey is coming to town to promote his craft books with co-author Beppo. But his directions to the bookstore end up under Bob the dog's fiercely guarded porch. Can Martha help Professor Monkey find the bookstore before Beppo turns in her banana suit?
* Martha and Truman Get Lost - Truman needs Martha to help him find something he lost at Dog Head Lake. The only problem is he won't tell Martha what they're looking for because he's too embarrassed. After getting lost deep in the forest and coming face-to-face with his fears, Truman learns a valuable lesson about himself and his . . . whatsit.
Sun, Feb 1, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Speaks Martha Gets Spooked/Martha Changes Her Luck
* Martha Gets Spooked - Is someone fixing up the haunted house? If not, who ordered those flowers? Was it the ghost of Mrs. Parkington's Great-Aunt Martha? Whoever or whatever it was, Martha has to go in there to protect Helen, before it's too late!
* Martha Changes Her Luck - Uh-oh. Martha walked under a ladder-and broke a mirror-so now she thinks she's jinxed. And she's worried her bad luck is rubbing off on everybody else. Helen tries to explain that all the accidents are just coincidence, but things just keep getting worse.
Fri, Jan 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Jan 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Jan 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Mon, Feb 2, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Tue, Feb 3, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Feb 3, 2015 -- 6:00am
Tue, Feb 3, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Thu, Feb 5, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Feb 7, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Feb 8, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Feb 8, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Feb 8, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Runs The Store, Part 1 & Part 2
* Martha Runs the Store, Part 1 - Skits and Martha are feeling desperate while they wait in the broiling sun for Helen to finish shopping. Fed up, Skits decides to follow the cool air into the store, and Martha has to follow to get him out. What are they going to do now that they're stuck in the bathroom and the store is about to close?
* Martha Runs the Store, Part 2 - Helen can't find Martha and Skits anywhere. Little does she know, they're trapped inside the darkened department store, trying to find the exit . . . when they aren't distracted by the comfy beds, overflowing garbage cans, and automatic tennis-ball shooter. Will they find their way out before it's time to blow out Mom's birthday candles?
Sat, Jan 31, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Feb 2, 2015 -- 6:00am
Tue, Feb 3, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Wed, Feb 4, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Feb 4, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Feb 4, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Feb 7, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Feb 8, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Feb 9, 2015 -- 4:30am
Raiders of the Lost Art/Martha Says It with Flowers
* Raiders of the Lost Art - After TD passes in the wrong drawing in art class (a caricature of his art teacher instead of a perfectly good drawing of the back of Chuck Smith's head), he panics. With Truman and Martha keeping an eye out for the janitor, Helen and TD sneak into the school after hours to switch the drawings. But will they get caught, or worse still, eaten by a desert mountain snow wolf?
* Martha Says It with Flowers - Martha always seems to do the wrong thing around Grandma Lucille. To prove that she's really considerate, she decides to do something really special for Grandma's birthday. But finding the perfect present for a human is a lot harder than it looks.
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur!/Carolina Tackles Football
Bulldozer Versus Dinosaur! - T.D. ponders the age-old question: what's more powerful, a bulldozer or a dinosaur? The kids can't come to an agreement, so T.D. does what any boy faced with this question would do. He uses a time machine to bring a dinosaur back from the late Cretaceous period. Let the competition begin. Vocabulary: (E) match, force, equal, contend(er), clash. Carolina Tackles Football - The Wagstaff Dogs are tired of losing every game. In their search for new leadership, the gang is shocked to discover a fanatical football coach in...Carolina? Can the girly-girl protect her image and still bring the team to victory? Vocabulary: (E) pass, tackle, fumble, huddle, intercept(ion).
Return Of The Bookbots: The Case Of The Missing Words, Part One & Two
Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Part One - The Bookbots are back and faced with a new nemesis: The Announcer. Armed with the power to bring nouns from books to life, the Announcer is wreaking havoc on Wagstaff City. Can our heroes utilize their semantic savvy to stifle this rampaging rapscallion? Vocabulary: (E) noun, remove, term, insert, announce(r). Return of the Bookbots: The Case of the Missing Words, Part Two - The Announcer is still at large and has put the city into grammatical peril. Fortunately, the Bookbots have discovered a secret weapon: adjectives. Equipped with this new linguistic leverage, our heroes may just be able to save their beloved city from their phonological foe. Vocabulary: (E) oath, adjective, define, modify, weightless.
Sun, Feb 1, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Feb 4, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Thu, Feb 5, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Feb 5, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Feb 9, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Feb 14, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Ain't Nothin' But A Pound Dog, Part 1 & Part 2
* Martha Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, Part 1 - Martha loses her collar and winds up in the animal shelter. She leads an escape attempt, only to find that freedom isn't much without a family. (1st of two parts). Vocabulary - (E) abandon, deserted, neglected, overlooked, (un) fortunate (I) alone, forgot, harsh, lonely, tough, rough.
* Martha Ain't Nothin' but a Pound Dog, Part 2 - When Martha's family comes to take her home, she decides she can't leave her shelter friends behind. Adopting that many dogs is out of the question, so Martha, Helen, and TD cook up a plan to find families for the pound pooches. (2nd of two parts). Vocabulary - (E) adopt, affection, devoted, embrace, loyal. (I) adore, belong, care, dream, hope.