This animated series is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. It is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
Martha Goes to School/Td and the Light Bulb of Doom
* Martha Goes to School - TD thinks it would be funny to put Martha's name on the list for substitute teachers. What started out as a joke, turns into a nightmare for Helen, Alice, and TD, when Martha gets the job and takes it very seriously.
* TD and the Light Bulb of Doom - TD swears he'll start working on his report just as soon as he watches the "Harry Blotter, Boy Wizard" movie marathon, all nine parts! As Helen predicted, TD winds up in a panic until he has a moment of inspiration. Can he pull off his project in time?
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Puppy Skits/Dinosaurs In Trouble!
Puppy Skits - Can a dog break through the space-time continuum? T.D. thinks so. As Martha recounts the tale of how T.D. first found Skits, we learn that innocent, easy-going Skits may in fact have been a time-traveling puppy! Vocabulary: (E) paleontologist, expedition, past, era, age, museum. Dinosaurs in Trouble! - Due to a lack of funds, the museum's fossil exhibit is closing and Milo and Truman are devastated. What's more fun than fossils? Can the Mesozoic enthusiasts find a way to save the dinos? Vocabulary: (E) museum, fossil, funds, exhibit, archaeologist.
Wed, Mar 4, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Mar 4, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Mar 9, 2015 -- 4:30am
Too Many Marthas/Too Much Martha
Too Many Marthas - When Martha is asked to sing at an animal rescue fundraiser, she's thrilled. But on the day of the concert, Martha gets mixed up with another Martha - a dog belonging to a lady named Jennifer (Jennifer Garner). Can Martha help Jennifer locate her missing pup before it's time to sing? Vocabulary: (E) number, diva, solo, aria, a cappella. Too Much Martha - Martha's constant pursuit of snacks has added some extra pounds and the vet says she needs to lose some weight. The family resolves to help Martha control her portions and maintain a balanced diet, but when Martha learns what this means, she's pretty fed up. No more late-night pizza? Vocabulary: (E) weight, portion, restrict, nutrition, balanced diet.
Sat, Mar 7, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Smells/Martha Hears
* Martha Smells - Martha is secretly trapped inside Pablum and Weaselgraft's hideout. She manages to call Helen and tell her how to get there by smell. Can Helen and TD follow her scent map and uncover Weaselgraft and Pablum's lair?
* Martha Hears - For the same story from a different sensory perspective, Martha once again finds herself trapped in Weaselgraft and Pablum's lair, but this time she leads Helen and TD to their hideout by describing what she hears. It sounded like a good idea. . ..
Thu, Mar 5, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Mar 5, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Mar 9, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Speaks Martha Treads The Boards/Martha's Pack
* Martha Treads the Boards - Helen's mom and dad are starring in the community theater production, and Helen's the stage manager. Even Martha gets a part... as a bull. When the big night finally comes, Mom and Dad get trapped in their dressing room. The play must go on, but now the bull is the bullfighter and the bullfighter is... her sister? What will they do for an encore?
* Martha's Pack - When Helen leaves Martha off her family tree, Martha decides to make her own pack. However, the call of the wild becomes the call of the can opener for her pack mates, and soon Martha is left alone at Doghead Lake, hunting for dinner. But can she really eat that poor wounded duck?
Sat, Mar 7, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Mar 8, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Speaks Martha's Worst Best Day/Truman's Brother
* Martha's Worst Best Day - Why is Martha so grumpy? She's offended just about everybody with her insults. Truman figures out that she's saying the exact reverse of what she means to say. But can they figure out the cure before she ruins Grandpa Bernie's birthday party?
* Truman's Brother - Truman and TD both wish they had a brother. If Skits and Martha can be sort of siblings, why can't the two of them? Helen and Alice bet the boys that they can't keep the brother thing up for a week, because they don't exactly have a lot in common.
Fri, Mar 6, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Mar 6, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Mar 6, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Here's Martha!/Dog Fight
* Here's Martha! - Martha hosts a TV show where she helps people understand their animals better by explaining what they're saying. Unfortunately, the only viewers are Martha and her friends, so the producers try a new format, Crime Scene Doggie.
* Dog Fight - Martha and Skits don't want to share their newest, coolest dog toy. Their bickering is driving Helen nuts, and now TD and Alice have taken sides. Can't they all just get along?
Sat, Mar 7, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Mar 9, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Mar 11, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha Speaks Martha The Witness/Martha Takes A Stand
* Martha the Witness - Mrs. Demson hates dogs and blames them for everything, which is a problem since she lives right down the street from Martha. But she changes her tune after Martha witnesses an accident that destroys Mrs. Demson's lawn furniture. Now Mrs. Demson will do anything to get Martha to appear as her witness in court.
* Martha Takes a Stand - Something smells bad and it's Martha. Faced with yet another bath, Martha makes a stand for her right to, well, stink. But if Martha is going to stand up for her rights, Dad says she can do it outside. Will Martha be an outside dog forever?
The Puppy Tooth Fairy/Martha's Blue Period
The Puppy Tooth Fairy - Martha is hit with a stark realization: the Tooth Fairy doesn't like dogs. Determined to right a wrong, Martha and Skits bound boldly into the night as the Puppy Tooth Fairies. The problem is puppies lose a lot of teeth. So do kittens and elephants and..."gulp"...whales? Vocabulary: (E) anticipation/ing, exhausted, dejected, determined, concerned. Martha's Blue Period - It's impossible. It's unthinkable. It's unbearable. Helen is leaving Martha and going to art camp. Full of separation anxiety, Martha's melancholy clouds even her ability to help T.D. take off his shoes. Feeling blue without her companion, Helen pours her feelings into her paintings. Vocabulary: (E) morose, pitifu, sentimental, mope(ing), blue.
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Mar 10, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Mar 12, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 6:00am
Therapy Dog/Martha's Duck Trouble
* Therapy Dog - Martha becomes a hospital therapy dog, spreading cheer among the patients. But trouble brews when Mrs. Demson, who claims a horrible allergy to dogs, is admitted for an invisible rash. Can Martha sneak in to help the other patients without Mrs. Demson knowing?
* Martha's Duck Trouble - Ralph, the wounded duck from the lake, has settled in at Martha's house to convalesce. Pretty soon, it feels like the duck is taking over. How long does it take for a duck's wing to heal anyway? Is it possible that Ralph has gotten a little too comfortable?
Wed, Mar 11, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Mar 11, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Mar 15, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Mar 16, 2015 -- 4:30am
Truman's Secret/Skits Monkeys Around
* Truman's Secret - Where has Truman been and why is he acting so weird? He's hiding in the garage, lurking in the shadows. He finally agrees to tell the whole gruesome story, but will it be too horrible for them to bear?
* Skits Monkeys Around - Skits loves to watch Malcolm, the blue monkey on TV. In fact, he loves Malcolm so much he wants to be Malcolm, and he starts wearing a polka dot bowtie. Martha is mortified to be seen with him in public. How long is this phase going to last or could it be permanent?
Thu, Mar 12, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Mar 12, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Mar 16, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 2:00pm
The Puppy Show/Never Forget to Remember
The Puppy Show - TV producer Laslo Huckey knows just what people want to watch: puppies. But puppies doing what? He challenges Martha and the gang to come up with the perfect pitch for a puppy show. Vocabulary: (E) gist, brainstorm, concept, situation, introduce. Never Forget to Remember - It's the first day of spring and everybody wants to play their favorite outdoor game, Kickup! Only, where's the ball? In order to find it, the kids recount their memories of the last game. The problem is, everybody remembers things differently... Vocabulary: (E) certain, specific, sure, detail(s), previously.
Fri, Mar 13, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Mar 13, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Mar 13, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Mar 17, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Speaks What's Bothering Bob?/Martha Spins A Tale
* What's Bothering Bob? - What's gotten into Bob? He's off his chain and he's chasing Truman all over town. Soon Truman, Helen, Alice, TD, Kazuo the dog officer, the pizza guy, and Bob's owner are all up a tree, imprisoned by a barking Bob. Can Martha figure out what's bothering Bob?
* Martha Spins a Tale - It's sweltering hot and everybody is miserable. To distract Jake from the heat, Martha tells him about Goldi-Martha and the Skits Hatter and Little Red Riding Helen and their adventures among giants, queens, and a very familiar fire - breathing cat.
Sat, Mar 14, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Mar 16, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Mar 18, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 6:00am
My Mother The Dog/Martha's Must-Have
My Mother the Dog - Inspired by Ronald's parrot, Martha starts doing impersonations. It turns out her imitation of Helen's mom is spot-on. But when she starts answering phone calls in Mariella's voice, she gets a bit more than she bargained for... Vocabulary: (E) resembe/resemblance, impersonate/ation, genuine, authentic, accurate. Martha's Must-Have - When Martha finds out that wearing a Courageous Collie Carlo Collar makes people give you food, she has to have one. Ignoring Helen's claims that the product isn't as magical as it seems, Martha sets out to earn some cash for the collar. Vocabulary: (E) artificial, cheap, expensive, phony, bogus.
Tue, Mar 17, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Mar 17, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha's Chair/Td The Pack Rat
* Martha's Chair - Martha's family has a birthday surprise - a new dog bed! After a few sleepless nights, the family realizes that Martha misses her stinky old chair. But Mrs. Demson bought it and has plans of her own for the chair after she sees one just like it on Antiques Roadshow. Vocabulary: (E) antique, donate(d), upholstery, profit(ed), valuable.(I) furniture, worth(less), rich, cost, clean(ing)(ed)(ers).
* TD the Pack Rat - TD has too much junk! TD's mom makes him an offer: He can keep everything he has, as long as he doesn't bring anything else home. Does TD have the willpower? Vocabulary: (E) worthless, rubbish, clutter, salvage(d), priceless, perspective(s)(I) garbage, junk, collect(ion), keep, sell.
Wed, Mar 18, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Mar 18, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Mar 22, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 -- 4:30am
Painting for Peanuts/Martha's No Dummy
* Painting for Peanuts - The zoo is in danger of closing! Helen and TD volunteer for an animal painting class to try and save it. But it turns out animal painting isn't exactly what they thought. Vocabulary: (E) realistic, easel, participate(d), abstract, portrait (I) painting(s), artwork, brushes, course, sculpture, pose(s).
* Martha's No Dummy - Granny Flo is hosting a variety show. Helen and Carolina team up to perform a pantomime, Alice practices her tap routine, and Truman perfects his water glass symphony, but TD and Martha struggle to come up with an act. Will they ever find their voice? Vocabulary: (E) pantomime, routine(s)(ly), rehears(ing)(al)(ed) , ventriloquist, entertain(ment)(ing)(ed) (I) host(ing), show, old-fashioned, star(dom)(s), act.
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Mar 19, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha's Puppy/The Cheating Chum Caper
Martha's Puppy - Martha feels it's high time to get a puppy, but the family disagrees. Even Jake knows that two dogs is plenty. With no other option, Martha sets out to do what any dog would: train a baby to become a puppy. Vocabulary: (E) destroy, mess, ruin, spotless, tear. The Cheating Chum Caper - Inspired by her favorite mystery novel, Heroic Helen is on the hunt for trouble. When she notices TD's grades have suddenly improved and spies him meeting secretly with Martha and Francois, things get personal. Has she uncovered a cheating scandal between her dog and her best friend? Vocabulary: (E) cheat, cram, quiz, tutor, drill.
Fri, Mar 20, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Mar 20, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Mar 20, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Mar 24, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha Puts Out The Lights (Pts. 1 & 2)
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 1 - For Martha and the other dogs, Saturday night fireworks are the worst part of summer, and Mrs. Demson couldn't agree more. In fact, she's trying to get people to sign a petition to ban fireworks. Can Martha get enough signatures to make summer less scary for dogs? Vocabulary: (E) petition, illegal, cause, picket(ing), goal, ban(ning) (ed), protest(ing) (I) sign(ning) (ed), ask(ing), "on strike".
* Martha Puts Out the Lights, Part 2 - Helen and her friends are devastated about the fireworks ban. Martha realizes that she helped Mrs. Demson ruin their fun, but can she find a way to reverse the ban and still protect her sensitive ears? Vocabulary: (E) purpose, signature(s), unite, majority, prohibit(ed) (I) fireworks, summer, write, support(ed).
Sat, Mar 21, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Mar 23, 2015 -- 6:00am
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 6:00am
The Penguin Always Rings Twice/The Martha Code
* The Penguin Always Rings Twice - Someone keeps stealing the zoo's peanut supply. All clues point to Jeffy the elephant, but Martha and Skits are determined to prove his innocence. Can their crack crime-fighting team - a lemur, a bat, a penguin, a baby tiger, and Jeffy - help them outwit the thieves? Vocabulary: (E) mystery, clue, culprit, hunch, motive (I) first, second, next, last, after.
* The Martha Code - After Martha accidentally eats a secret code, it's really, really hard to understand what she's saying. Now Martha's lost and she's leaving Helen coded phone messages. Can Helen break the code and find out where she is? Vocabulary: (E) code, decipher, message, gibberish, arbitrary (I) (un) break(able), crack, secret(s), key, figure out.
Tue, Mar 24, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Mar 24, 2015 -- 6:00am
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 4:30am
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 6:00am
Martha in the Hold/Get Along, Little Doggies
* Martha in the Hold - Martha's family is going out West on vacation and Martha doesn't want to be left behind. But that cargo hold where dogs have to travel sounds scary. Can Martha find her ticket to ride? Vocabulary: (E) cargo, passenger(s), turbulence, arriv(e)(s)(ing)(val) , depart(s)(ed) (I) travel(ing), suitcase(s), flight, trip, Take(s) (ing) off.
* Get Along, Little Dogies! - Martha is excited to go on a cattle drive. Cookie the cowhand isn't so sure that Martha is fit for the trip and he might be right. Can Martha show Cookie that she has what it takes to be at home on the range? Vocabulary: (E) vacation(ing), stampede, lodging, sightseeing, cattle drive, scenery (I) wagon, cowboy(s), camp, outdoors, tour(s).
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 -- 4:30am
Wed, Mar 25, 2015 -- 6:00am
Sun, Mar 29, 2015 -- 10:30pm
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mouse Patrol/The Big Knockover
Mouse Patrol - Mice have invaded the neighborhood and Martha's here to help. Her rodent-ridding skills are superb, but once she gets to know these friendly, furry nomads the job gets complicated. Vocabulary: (E) invade, obstacle, predicament, relocate, soution. The Big Knockover - Trash cans are being knocked down across Wagstaff City and Mrs. Demson knows just who to blame: dogs. With her tail against the wall, Martha scrambles to find the real culprit before the town enacts a dreaded leash law. Vocabulary: (E) alibi, assume, incident, nocturnal, responsible.
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 -- 4:30am
Thu, Mar 26, 2015 -- 6:00am
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Martha in the White House, Part 1 & 2
* Martha in the White House, Part 1 - The new president is looking for a dog to live in the White House. Martha knows the perfect dog for the job! What better way to recommend some of her neighborhood pals than to put in a few calls to the White House herself? Vocabulary: (E) neighborhood, nation(al), volunteer, recommend(ing), community, nominate (I) president, white house, leader, country.
* Martha in the White House, Part 2 - The president is calling! One of his aides heard about Martha's speaking ability and he needs her to report to the White House immediately. But why does the president want Martha? Is there a top-secret cat conspiracy? Vocabulary: (E) mission, function(ing), appoint(ed)(ing)(ment), advise/advisor, representative(s), cabinet (I) aide(s), serve(d), official, secretary.
Fri, Mar 27, 2015 -- 4:30am
Fri, Mar 27, 2015 -- 6:00am
Fri, Mar 27, 2015 -- 2:00pm
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 2:00pm
The Jakey Express/Martha, Sled Dog
* The Jakey Express - Stuck in a traffic jam, Helen's dad tells the story of the day Jake was born, and how Martha was able to drum up an inventive means of transportation to get mom to the hospital on time. Vocabulary: (E) schedule(d), deliver(y)(ies), funicular, delay(ed), transportation (I) flag(ging)(ed) down, lift, early, late, traffic, on time.
* Martha, Sled Dog - Truman tells Martha the story of Balto, the heroic Alaskan sled dog. Now Martha wants to become a sled dog, too! Weaselgraft and Pablum overhear her desire to mush. Will Malto deliver herself right into their hands? Vocabulary: (E) serum, sled, vehicle, transform, accelerate (I) glide, hitch, steer, haul, brake.
Sat, Mar 28, 2015 -- 4:30am
Mon, Mar 30, 2015 -- 6:00am
Paws and Effect/The Trouble with Teddy
* Paws and Effect - When Martha gets a piece of glass in her paw, everyone realizes that littering hurts more than the environment. But what can they do about it? As Alice, Helen, and TD know, protecting the environment (and paws) is important, but it is easier said than done. Vocabulary: (E) discard(ed)(ing), litter(ed)(ing), thoughtless, debris, recycle(d)(ing) (I) careless(ly), trash, important, broke(n), injured.
* The Trouble with Teddy - Teddy, a neighborhood dog, is sick, and the vet doesn't know why. When Martha is called in to consult, even she can't diagnose the patient. Enlisting the help of the dog pack, they scour the yard for hazardous materials - when the cause of the problem could be right under their noses. Vocabulary: (E) hazardous, ingest(ed), environment, poisonous, pesticide(s) (I) rotten, spoil(ed), safe, dangerous, gross.
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 4:30am
Tue, Mar 31, 2015 -- 6:00am
Stanley Saves The Day/Milo Goes for Gold
Stanley Saves the Day - Kenan Thompson guest stars as Truman's cousin, Stanley, who's obsession with watching movies tends to get on his cousin's nerves. When the gang spots two crooks at the Wagstaff City Hotel, Stanley's knowledge of heist movies may be the best tool they've got to prevent a robbery. Vocabulary: (E) athletic, burly, lanky, muscular, scrawny. Milo Goes for Gold - Milo never wins anything. Tired of being trophyless and second-bested by his friends, he devises a way to triumph by making up his own games. The only trouble is, his friends are pretty good at those too... Vocabulary: (E) dexterity, endurance, sport, stamina, swift.