KQED Public Radio Highlights
Today at 10:00am
Does having kids make you happier? The answer is no, according to decades of social science research. Jennifer Senior joins us to discuss her new book examining evolving notions of parenting in America.
Today at 1:00pm
Repeats at 7pm
Scientists now think an asteroid killed the dinosaurs. As one scientist puts it, this time we're the asteroid. Terry Gross talks with Elizabeth Kolbert about her new book, "The Sixth Extinction."
Today at 2:00pm
American missionaries spread the gospel across Africa. Now, some Africans are bringing it back. One leader of the Redeemed Christian Church of God says he wants to "plant churches like Starbucks."
Tune in for KQED's series of daily listener commentaries. Or...submit your own!
What's on now?
Search our audio archives of KQED-produced programs below, and listen to past episodes on your computer or take them with you on your iPod.
KQED airs some of the best programs from independent radio producers and public radio networks around the world including: America Abroad, Hearing Voices, and Radiolab.
View airtimes on upcoming specials
Daily news and a weekly newsmagazine, produced by KQED in partnership with stations statewide.
Cy Musiker and David Wiegand on the hottest tickets and shows in Northern California.
KQED's live call-in program presents wide-ranging discussions and in-depth interviews.
KQED's local news program reporting on the latest happenings in Northern California.
Our series of daily listener commentaries since 1991.
NPR Hourly News
- Arrest Made in San Francisco’s Latest Pedestrian Fatality
- Justice Joyce Kennard Retiring from State’s High Court
- Why I’m Pulling for Gay NFL Prospect Michael Sam
- Candlelight Vigil Tonight for Cal Football Player Ted Agu
The California Report
- Republican Kevin Faulconer Wins San Diego Mayoral Election
- Senators Feinstein, Boxer Roll Out Water Bill
- Lawmakers Balance Cost, Need for Action in New Water Bond Measures
- You've Got Health Coverage, But Which Doctor Will Take Your Plan?
- California Granted Extension to Reduce Prison Population
- Gov. Brown, Speaker Perez Push for Rainy Day Fund Amendment