The Public Insight Network at KQED allows you to share your experience directly with our newsroom. Whether it's your profession, your neighborhood, your hobbies, or that story you tell over and over again at dinner parties — you have knowledge we want. Become a Public Insight source and help keep the news real.
As a source for the Public Insight Network you can expect:
- No more than one email a month. We'll regularly send out short questionnaires looking for background information and sources for stories we're working on.
- An occasional follow-up. If you're a fit for a story, our editors and reporters will contact you by phone or email.
- Confidentiality. We won't quote you (on-air or online) without your permission. We also won't ever use your information to seek donations or sell your information to a third party. Not even Ira Glass.
- A direct line to the KQED Newsroom. While KQED accepts ideas and pitches from everyone, joining the Public Insight Network will expedite our communication and let you know about specific stories we're reporting on.
- To have an impact. You'll not only inform KQED reporters and editors, but other newsrooms in the Public Insight Network as well.
Ready to sign up? Step right this way and fill out our sign up form
Want more information? Visit the FAQ page.
Already part of KQED's Public Insight Network and want to update your profile?