HighlightsMay 18, 2013
Today at 1:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
It's almost impossible to imagine a world without words, but the program tries to do just that. Meet a woman who taught a 27-year-old man the first words of his life, and hear a firsthand account of what it feels like to have the language center of your brain wiped out by a stroke.
Tonight at 8:00pm
on KQED 9
(1948) Chicago reporter P.J. McNeal (James Stewart) reopens a 10-year-old murder case.
Moyers & Company
Today at 2:00pm
on KQED 88.5 FM
Bill Moyers explores why lead and other toxins continue to threaten America with David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz, public health historians who've been taking on the chemical industry for years.
Here's your chance to be a part of history. Do you have a family mystery you would like solved? Is there a missing piece or person in your family tree you've always wondered about? Apply to be on the San Francisco episode of this new television series now.
What makes a good citizen? What should be required of a citizen, and how do you prove worthiness?
This Week in Northern California
The famous performer and playwright talks about how empathy can be a useful tool in many of life's arenas.
What's on KQED Radio now?
NPR Hourly News
Check, Please! Bay Area restaurant reviews
- 806: Hunan Home's Restaurant, Radius, Guerilla Cafe
- 805: Bocanova, Willi's Wine Bar, The Rotunda of Neiman Marcus
- 804: Pompei's Grotto, Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food, SPQR
- 803: Maverick, Izakaya Yuzuki, Souk Savanh
- 802: Zare at Fly Trap, Barrio Fiesta, Flora
- 801: Angkor Borei, Indigo, Farallon
- Leslie Sbrocco's Wine Tips
Follow KQED on Facebook
- With Tech Tools, How Should Teachers Tackle Multitasking In Class?
- Why Reading Aloud to Older Children Is Valuable
- What It Takes to Become an All Project-Based School
- Has Disney Backed Down on Merida Makeover
- How Does Multitasking Change the Way Kids Learn?
- Can a Toy Spark Interest in Engineering for Girls?
- 5 Tools to Introduce Programming to Kids
- News Pix: Bay to Breakers Rules and SF Citizen Scientists Take Over McLaren Park
- Michael Pollan's 'Cooked': Forum
- No More Smuggling: Many Cured Italian Meats Coming To America : Bay Area Bites
Sat, May 18, 2013: artMRKT San Francisco, the Bay Area's premier annual contemporary and modern art fair,
relocates to San Francisco's Fort Mason Center from Thursday through Sunday, May ...
Tue, May 21, 2013: Amlan Ganguly empowers children to become activists and educators, with powerful results.
The Revolutionary Optimists follows him as he attempts to replicate his work in ...
Thu, May 30, 2013: Meet Bay Area makers and artists featured in The Making Of... a community collaboration
by The Kitchen Sisters and KQED, on Thursday and Friday, May ...