11 Christmas Songs That Don't Suck
Listen to the Noise Pop mix of alternative Christmas tunes that you can use to ride out the remainder of the holiday season, featuring: Sufjan Stevens, The Flaming Lips, The Magnetic Fields, Tom Waits, Low and more.
Good tidings! The Noise Pop Podcast got you a gift -- a reprieve from the same old holiday music you hear every season. We've assembled our favorite alternative Christmas songs from our favorite artists and put them together in a mix that covers the full range of emotions the holidays can bring. Put this mix on while you're bundled up next to a fire or unwrapping presents. Have a happy holidays and we'll see you in 2014.
1. "Lumberjack Christmas / No One Can Save You From Christmases Past" -- Sufjan Stevens, Silver & Gold
2. "Christmas in Prison" -- John Prine, A John Prine Christmas
3. "A Change at Christmas (Say It Isn't So)" -- The Flaming Lips, Ego Tripping At The Gates of Hell EP
4. "I Wish It Was Christmas Today" -- Julian Casablancas, Single
5. "Everything Is One Big Christmas Tree" -- The Magnetic Fields, Realism
6. "Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis" -- Tom Waits, Used Songs
7. "It's Christmas Now" -- The Wearing, Single
8. "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight)" -- The Ramones, Brain Drain
9. "Green Grows The Holly" -- Calexico, Holidays Rule
10. "Just Like Christmas" -- Low, Christmas
11. "King Knight" -- Salem, King Night
Also on KQED.org this week ...
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business.
KQED Celebrates the Holidays
Find holiday-related KQED television and radio programming, events, gift ideas, recipes, and other Web-exclusive goodies.