Local Television Production Internship
Winter Term: September-December
Spring Term: January-April
Summer Term: May-August
Please apply two months prior to start of term.
Department: Television Production and Programming
KQED-TV is seeking interns to support the development and production of KQED's local television programs. Program content encompasses a variety of subjects including arts and culture, local history, food and wine. As part of daily operations in the department, duties are varied and range from administrative to production-related activities. The Local Television Production Internship is a terrific opportunity to gain overall production exposure, from pre-production through production and post-production.
We require of each intern a minimum of 16 hours a week, on a regularly established schedule that takes into account the intern's academic schedule. Only students who can earn course credit at the college level (no exceptions) are eligible. BEFORE applying students are required to find out from their counselors, major department heads or professors if they can receive course credit. Once a student has been accepted for the internship, the individual must provide "Proof of Credit" or a signed verification form from a counselor, major department head or professor before starting the KQED internship program. A verification form obtained from the Human Resources department is also required upon acceptance into the KQED internship.
Interns should possess a strong interest in learning about the broad activities involved in television production. Screen credit is given under the heading of production interns upon discretion of the internship supervisor.
- Research topics for proposals; help organize show materials for producers and talent
- Organize and log tapes
- Attend studio productions
- Accompany staff and crew on remote shoots when possible
- Create and gather materials for program web sites
- Maintain video archives
- Enter program data in FileMaker Pro databases
- Organize and prepare mailings and assist with special events
- Make phone calls, as requested
- Perform some administrative tasks
- Assist producers as assigned
- Highly motivated
- Strong interest in television production, post-production and programming
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, MS Word, and Excel a plus
- Ability to adapt from project to project
- Willing to take on all aspects of the job with enthusiasm and a positive attitude, from the most mundane to more exciting tasks
Please send cover letter & resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Mariposa St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Also on KQED.org this week ...
KQED Science Site Relaunches
All of KQED's science and environment content is now aggregated in one place on KQED.org. Find everything from Astronomy to Zebras!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.