Television Production - Check Please Bay Area
Winter Term: September-December
Spring Term: January-April
Summer Term: May-August
Department: Television Production and Programming
KQED TV is seeking two interns to participate directly with the television production staff to assist in KQED's Arts and Culture series: "Check, Please! Bay Area," (weekly restaurant review series). As part of daily operations in the department, duties are varied and range from administrations, research and writing to production-related activities. The Ars and Culture TV Production Internship is a terrrific opportunity for production experience. We require of each intern, a minimum of 16 hours a week on a regularly established schedule that takes into account the intern's academic schedule. Interns should possess a strong interest in learning about the broad activities involved in television production. Screen credit is given under the heading of production interns upon the discretion of the internship supervisor.
- Assist in coordinating studio guests and production elements
- Accompanies staff and crew on remotes when possible
- Organizes, logs and maintains video archives
- Organizes and prepares mailings
- Helps to organize research for producers and talent
- Enters data in FileMaker Pro database
- Makes phone calls, as requested
- Performs some administrative tasks
- Assists with other production related duties as assigned
- Strong interest in televison production
- Good organizaitonal and research skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt from project-to-project
- Willing to take on all aspects of the internship with enthusiasm, from
the most mundane to the more exciting tasks
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, MS Word, and Excel a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Mariposa St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Also on KQED.org this week ...
We Need You!
Volunteer during our current on-air radio fundraising drive. It's a great way to support KQED Radio with your time. You can really make a difference!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.