Effective Date: Ongoing
Department: Radio Public Affairs
"Forum" is a live daily public affairs program hosted by Michael Krasny and Dave Iverson and broadcast in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout Northern California and nationally on Sirius Satellite Radio This award-winning program presents balanced discussions of local, state, national, and world issues as well as in-depth interviews with leading figures in politics, science, entertainment, and the arts. Interns play an important role in the production of "Forum" and will train closely with the producers in shaping the show.
- Research program topics and offer show ideas
- Conduct preliminary phone interviews with potential guests
- Provide production assistance during live broadcasts
- Perform routine administrative tasks
- Some prior journalism experience is desired
- Strong interest in the news and a familiarity with Bay Area, California, national and international current events.
- Solid writing, interviewing, and communication skills
- Reliability and professional demeanor
- "Forum" accepts up to five interns per term. Interns must be willing to commit to two 8-hour days a week (no weekends) for a semester or quarter based on the academic schedule.
- Applications may be submitted for the Spring, Summer, or Fall term internships. Please indicate which term and which radio internship program that interests you.
- Please send detailed cover letter, resume and news writing samples. If you have no current news writing samples, you may send an original print story and your re-write of the story as an example of your writing ability.
- For applicants to multiple Public Radio Internships - Please submit one joint package for all the internships you're interested in. The package should include your resume, the required materials for each internship, and a cover letter describing and comparing your interest in the different opportunities. Please label CLEARLY your supplemental materials for each internship in this application packet.
Please email your complete application packet to
Radio Internship Program
Also on KQED.org this week ...
"The Bay Bridged" Music for June
Listen the The Bay Bridged mix of bands performing live in the Bay Area this month, including The Mantles, Cold Cave, The Spyrals, Blitzen Trapper, Monster Rally, and more. Enjoy the podcast and then go see some concerts!
Obamacare Explained: A Guide for Californians
Starting Jan 1, 2014, most Americans will be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. KQED has created a simple guide to explain how the health law affects you, your family or your small business, here in California.