KQED- San Jose Television Production Internship
Winter Term: September-December
Spring Term: January-April
Summer Term: May-August
Please apply two months prior to start of term.
Division: KQED- San Jose Television Production
Department: Television Production
KQED Plus was founded in 1964 as KTEH Public Television 54 (Comcast 10), broadcasting
from San Jose in Silicon Valley. As one of more than 300 member stations of
the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), KQED Plus serves its viewers with the
best programming available from PBS, APT and other national distributors. Especially
well known for its Mystery Night programs and popular British programs and series,
KQED Plus provides programming tailored to the needs and interests of its diverse
viewing audience, while offering unique local productions such as the This is
Us, KQED Plus Cooks with Garlic, The State of Silicon Valley and Classic Clips.
The KQED Plus Television Content Internship provides an opportunity for students to learn to produce top quality public broadcasting television programs. Working on either Classic Clips and our weekly magazine show, This is Us, we will provide our interns with beginning production training.
- Participate in and attend video shoots
- Help assemble show books/files (learn to use releases, cut & cue sheets)
- Help research archival footage & photos
- Tape review and logging learning
- Learn to describe and catalog footage
- Assist with the editing process
- Transcription of interviews as needed
- Assist producers
- Upload videos to KQED Plus website
- Strong organizational and research skills.
- Ability to work independently according to tight deadlines and to balance
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent oral and written communication
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word as well as strong experience doing online research.
- The ideal candidate also has knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, video
compression tools, and basic HTML.
Please send cover letter & resume to:
KQED Plus Internship Program
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Mariposa St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Also on KQED.org this week ...
KQED Science Site Relaunches
All of KQED's science and environment content is now aggregated in one place on KQED.org. Find everything from Astronomy to Zebras!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.