Winter Term: September-December
Spring Term: January-April
Summer Term: May-August
Please apply two months prior to start of term.
The Communications Department includes public relations, promotion, publications,
government affairs, design, community outreach and audience relations. The department
creates and distributes all promotional materials and program-based advertising
for KQED. Communications Interns extend the efforts of the department by assisting
with day-to-day requests and ongoing projects within the department.
- Researches print and broadcast media press contacts for specific program
- Assists in developing social media messages and administering posts and analytics.
- Pitches KQED content to online media and researches future contacts.
- Writes and sends monthly highlights targeting local press.
- Writes and sends Heritage Month press releases.
- Assists with writing letters and garnering support from elected officials
regarding public broadcasting legislation and requests for certificates
- Assists with outreach to elected officials and community groups for Heritage
- Assists with organizing outreach activities and screenings at community
- Helps identify community groups to partner with for specific programming
- Assists with research and writing for the monthly printed program guides.
- Assists in cross-promotion efforts, creating synergy with other departments
- Assists with ad placements and ad reports.
- Prepares press clippings, maintains clipping database, and assists with
- Assists with press kit assembly and press mailings.
- Interest and / or experience in public relations, marketing, government
relations, community relations and / or communications.
- Strong research skills.
- Self starter.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer skills essential, including mail merge, database and spreadsheet application, and word processing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take direction and to work independently.
Please send cover letter & resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Mariposa St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
Also on KQED.org this week ...
We Need You!
Volunteer during our current on-air radio fundraising drive. It's a great way to support KQED Radio with your time. You can really make a difference!
Enter the New "ImageMakers" Screening Room
Enjoy films from present and past seasons of KQED's short independent film series, divided into Animation, Comedy, Drama, and Suspense.