Fri, Sep 25, 2009 -- 9:00 AM
The Future of News?Download audio (MP3)
We discuss a newly announced non-profit online news operation to launch in the Bay Area involving KQED, UC Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism and the Hellman Family Foundation. We'll also get an update on this week's congressional hearing on the future of newspapers.
Host: Dave Iverson
- Carl Hall, local representative of the California Media Workers Guild, the union representing the San Francisco Chronicle's newsroom and commercial departments
- Jeff Clarke, president and CEO of KQED/Northern California Public Broadcasting
- Neil Henry, professor and dean of the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and author books including "American Carnival: Journalism Under Siege in an Age of New Media"
- Noelle Leca, chair of the board of directors of KQED/Northern California Public Broadcasting
- Tom Rosenstiel, director of the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism and co-author of "The Elements of Journalism: What Newspeople Should Know and the Public Should Expect"
- BayAreaNewsProject.org : official information about the new, non-profit news organization.