Tue, Sep 15, 2009 -- 9:00 AM
Lehman AnniversaryDownload audio (MP3)
One year ago today, the global financial services firm Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy. Yesterday, President Obama spoke of the economic crisis and the need for new, smarter financial regulation. We discuss the financial crisis and the government's response with a panel of experts.
Host: Michael Krasny
- David Henderson, research fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University and editor of "The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics"
- Joseph Grundfest, former commissioner at the Securities and Exchange Commission, professor of law and business and co-director of the Rock Center on Corporate Governance at Stanford Law School and former director for Oracle Corp.
- Ken Bentsen, executive vice president of public policy and advocacy at the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
- Nancy Wallace, professor at UC Berkeley's Haas School of Business
- Peter Coy, economics editor for Business Week