Thu, Jan 23, 2014 -- 10:00 AM
Rebooting PhilanthropyDownload audio (MP3)
We look at how a new generation of philanthropists is attempting to use the tools and approaches of the tech industry to help solve social problems more efficiently and effectively.
Host: Michael Krasny
- Adnan Mahmud, co-founder of Jolkona, which seeks to connect donors to a range of nonprofit projects
- Daniel Lurie, CEO and founder, Tipping Point Community
- Jocelyn Wyatt, co-lead/executive director for IDEO.org, a non-profit organization using design and innovation to relieve poverty
- Renee Kaplan, chief strategy officer, Skoll Foundation
- Marketplace and KQED discuss the new era of philanthropy : On January 28, 2014, join Marketplace Morning Report's David Brancaccio and KQED's Scott Shafer for a special event at the Nourse Theater in San Francisco that will discuss how techies are changing philanthropy.
- Thanks for nothing, 1 percent! (Salon.com) : Andrew Leonard article that was referenced during the show