Fri, May 24, 2013 -- 10:00 AM
What is Terrorism?Download audio (MP3)
Recent news events such as this week's brutal killing of a British soldier in London, the Boston Marathon bombings, and the Congressional hearings on the Benghazi attacks have renewed a debate that has simmered since 9-11: What qualifies as terrorism?
Host: Dave Iverson
- Danielle Pletka, Vice President, Foreign and Defense Policy Studies at American Enterprise Institute
- Frank Gaffney, President and CEO, Center for Security Policy; formerly the Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy in the Reagan administration.
- Laura Beth Nielsen, Associate Professor of Sociology and Director of the Center for Legal Studies at Northwestern University
- Mark Danner, Chancellor's Professor of Journalism and Politics at the University of California at Berkeley
- What is Terrorism? : Laura Beth Nielson's article on Aljazeera.com
- Breaking Down Obama's New Blueprint For Fighting Terrorism (NPR)