Mon, Nov 19, 2012 -- 10:00 AM
SF Supervisors to Vote on Tiny ApartmentsDownload audio (MP3)
Have you ever kept your sweaters in an oven? Or your books in the microwave? This week, San Francisco supervisors may say "yes" to developers who want to build apartments as small as 220 square feet. We discuss the prospect of these tiny units coming on the market, and talk to home design gurus about how to live well in a small space.
Host: Dave Iverson
- Scott Wiener, San Francisco supervisor for District 8
- Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, founder of ApartmentTherapy.com and author of "Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces"
- Miranda Jones, style editor for Sunset magazine
- Patrick Kennedy, owner of Panoramic Interests
- Sara Shortt, executive director of the Housing Rights Committee of San Francisco
Tiny Apartment Resources
Tiny Apartment Tour
- 10 Tips for Small Space Living: ApartmentTherapy.com
- Creative Living in 725 Square Feet:Sunset.com